Dr. Jason Keifer, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 48

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Jason Keifer, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Honolulu, HI. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Jason Keifer, MD

Brain Health

4211 Waialae Ave Ste 203 Honolulu, HI 96816

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Hawaii

Check Dr. Keifer's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Keifer's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Concussion
  • Sports-Related Concussion
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Keifer accepts

Dr. Keifer accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Keifer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Keifer

4.3

Dr. Keifer

Before beginning treatment with Dr. Keifer, I had fully blown PCS meaning I had severe daily migraines that felt like my brain was going to pop out of my skull constantly and never went away. The pain would subside throughout the day but the migraines were always there. I was also experiencing facial numbness and tingling on my left side, muscle spasms, muscle weakness, severe fatigue to the point where it was hard to do physical things without feeling exhausted after or nauseous, and I wasn’t able to read without having to lay down after a few paragraphs. I got around that one though and started reading with my legs pressed against the ceiling so the blood would flow to my head and help me to somewhat concentrate without feeling nauseous and dizzy. I am no longer depressed from all the pain because I don’t have as much anymore!! My brain seems to handle pain a whole lot better. I am literally a different person and can finally can be the daughter and sibling I’ve always wanted to be.
Malina Maeda – Nov 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Keifer, MD?
I understood the logic of the process and treatment; my wife was my early adopter, and I just followed orders. But honestly, the results were unexpected. Having no known trauma or injury, except for many years of fairly high stress, I figured I might sleep better. Instead my thinking is relaxed and focused. My level of mental athleticism is much higher. Stamina, agility, quickness, vision, it makes me happy to use my brain. Any useful wisdom gained over the years is now complemented by youthful mental energy and flexibility. (I actually hear better too. So music sounds better. But, per my wife, my selective hearing has not improved.) Now I have the responsibility to manage this renewed capability. An invigorating challenge and opportunity. Thank you BHH.
G.Y. – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Keifer, MD?
I was very active in sports through college, suffered numerous concussions, contacted Dr. Keifer for an evaluation of long term or permanent residual damage to my brain. Worked as an Engineer, became a General Contractor, suffered a severe accident and spent 2 weeks in a coma with multiple skull fractures, severe bleeding in the brain and loss of 40% of one frontal brain lobe. Later, I developed severe, uncontrollable twitching on the entire left side of my face hindering daily functions like driving and reading. I saw numerous neurologists, they tried facial injections for a year with no positive results. I could not go to sleep, I was tired constantly, lethargic and considered brain surgery. I decided to try Brain Health Hawaii before opting for surgery. After a few weeks of treatment, the twitch in my face was gone, I am experiencing a deep, restful sleep the entire night and my energy level and clarity had returned to a level I had a decade ago.
B.P. – Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Keifer, MD?
We have only been seeing Dr. Keifer for a few weeks now but he has helped us with our six year old son so much. Every other therapist/psychiatrist that we saw tried to push meds on us. Not Dr. Keifer, we are as a family working thru this with out meds and becoming stronger together. This man is saving our family and we are forever greatful.
Apr 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Keifer, MD?
We suspected my child had ADHD, so we set up an appointment with Dr Keifer. He doesn't immediately push medication for treatment and that is what we wanted. Under his guidance, clear goals and a set routine, we were able to see drastic changes in a few months at school and at home (all done w/out meds!) My child's improvement is proof that meds are not always the first solution! We highly recommend Dr. Keifer!!!!
Honolulu, HI – Oct 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Keifer, MD?
Dr. Keifer is a practical, no non-sense doctor. He doesn't push medication as a first resort. He is solution-focused. He is currently working with our six-year old son which involves working heavily with us as his parents. He is genuine and caring. We have met and worked with a few psychiatrists and also behavioral specialists and psychologists, but none has helped us more than Dr. Keifer. He is not your typical psychiatrist, we think he's much better.
Honolulu, HI – Mar 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Keifer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Keifer?