Dr. Jason Keifer, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 47

Dr. Keifer

Brain Health

4211 Waialae Ave Ste 203 Honolulu, HI 96816

Dr. Jason Keifer, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Honolulu, HI. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Keifer to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Hawaii

Check Dr. Keifer's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Keifer's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Concussion
  • Neuromodulation
  • QEEG (Quantitative Encephalogram)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Keifer accepts

Dr. Keifer accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Hawaii Medical Service Association (HMSA)
CompMED
Federal Plan 87
Health Plan Hawaii HMO
HMSA Akamai Advantage (PPO and PPO SNP)
Preferred Provider Plan PPO
QUEST Integration

Dr. Keifer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Keifer

4.2

Dr. Keifer?
  • Wait times (16)
  • Office environment (15)
  • Explained conditions well (14)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
I was very active in sports through college, suffered numerous concussions, contacted Dr. Keifer for an evaluation of long term or permanent residual damage to my brain. Worked as an Engineer, became a General Contractor, suffered a severe accident and spent 2 weeks in a coma with multiple skull fractures, severe bleeding in the brain and loss of 40% of one frontal brain lobe. Later, I developed severe, uncontrollable twitching on the entire left side of my face hindering daily functions like driving and reading. I saw numerous neurologists, they tried facial injections for a year with no positive results. I could not go to sleep, I was tired constantly, lethargic and considered brain surgery. I decided to try Brain Health Hawaii before opting for surgery. After a few weeks of treatment, the twitch in my face was gone, I am experiencing a deep, restful sleep the entire night and my energy level and clarity had returned to a level I had a decade ago.
B.P. – Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Keifer, MD?
We have only been seeing Dr. Keifer for a few weeks now but he has helped us with our six year old son so much. Every other therapist/psychiatrist that we saw tried to push meds on us. Not Dr. Keifer, we are as a family working thru this with out meds and becoming stronger together. This man is saving our family and we are forever greatful.
Apr 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Keifer, MD?
We suspected my child had ADHD, so we set up an appointment with Dr Keifer. He doesn't immediately push medication for treatment and that is what we wanted. Under his guidance, clear goals and a set routine, we were able to see drastic changes in a few months at school and at home (all done w/out meds!) My child's improvement is proof that meds are not always the first solution! We highly recommend Dr. Keifer!!!!
Honolulu, HI – Oct 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Keifer, MD?
Dr. Keifer is a practical, no non-sense doctor. He doesn't push medication as a first resort. He is solution-focused. He is currently working with our six-year old son which involves working heavily with us as his parents. He is genuine and caring. We have met and worked with a few psychiatrists and also behavioral specialists and psychologists, but none has helped us more than Dr. Keifer. He is not your typical psychiatrist, we think he's much better.
Honolulu, HI – Mar 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Keifer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Keifer?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Behavioral Neurological Psychiatry
  • Neuroscience
  • Sports Psychiatry & Neurology

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Is Dr. Jason Keifer, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Jason Keifer, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Keifer's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Jason Keifer, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Keifer accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Jason Keifer, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Keifer frequently treats ADHD and-or ADD, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Concussion. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Keifer treats.

Where is Dr. Jason Keifer, MD's office located?

Dr. Keifer's office is located at 4211 Waialae Ave Ste 203, Honolulu, HI 96816. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Jason Keifer, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Keifer has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Jason Keifer, MD?

Brain Health4211 Waialae Ave Ste 203 Honolulu, HI 96816