Dr. Jason Kass, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat ·  Male · Age 43

Dr. Kass

Brigham and Women's Hospital OBG

75 Francis St Boston, MA 02115

Dr. Jason Kass, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Boston, MA and has been practicing for 4 years. He graduated from Boston University School Of Medicine in 2009 and specializes in ear, nose, and throat.

Dr. Kass accepts

Dr. Kass accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Kass' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kass treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Oral Cancer

Dr. Kass treats Oral Cancer more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Kass treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Cancer of Floor of Mouth

• Chronic Sinusitis
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Dysphagia
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Facial Bone
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Dentoalveolar Lesion or Tumor
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Glossectomy
  • Gum Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Sore Throat
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kass

Dr. Kass?
Dr. Kass' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jason Kass, MD
My last ENT at Dana Farber left the state and I was assigned Dr. Kass as his replacement. I had a recurrence of floor of mouth squamous cell CA in Nov. 2017. Dr. Kass earned my trust from the beginning diagnosis through the final positive outcome. He is kind, compassionate, and professional. He spent the time giving a thorough explanation of the procedure and complications that may arise. He performed a floor of the mouth resection with a marginal mandibulectomy. After the recovery I have regained full speech and am able to eat anything. Without his expertise and precision this could have had a very negative outcome. Dr. Kass had the unfortunate responsibility to inform me that a PETSCAN incidentally revealed a mass in my left kidney. Again with kindness and compassion referred and set up an appointment with a specialist from Dana Farber. I can't say enough positive things to share my feelings of gratitude for Dr. Kass. I would highly recommend him to anyone with head & neck issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Kass, MD?
Dr. Kass is a wonderful surgeon. I was diagnosed with a paraganglioma on my left carotid artery. It was considered difficult, as it was classified as a Shamblin III, encasing my external carotid artery, and partially encasing the internal. With assistance from a vascular surgeon at BWH, the tumor was removed with minimal sacrifice, and my internal carotid artery remained intact. I traveled to Boston specifically because I believed Dr. Kass could provide the best care for my case, and I feel thoroughly reaffirmed. Throughout the process, he was informative and caring, and he clearly explained the risks involved.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Kass, MD?
Dr. Kass performed neck surgery on me due to initial complications from my thyroidectomy surgery in 2005. I went into the consultation not expecting Dr. Kass to have the answers I needed. To my surprise Dr. Kass not only explained my situation clearly and concisely but also had the answers through surgery. My surgery went very well. Before the surgery, I had tugging/tension when I spoke and swallowed which made life very difficult. I know can speak without the tugging/tension. Also, I can swallow without always feeling the tugging/tension. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kass without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Kass, MD?
Dr. Kass recently performed a biopsy on my neck (removing the submandibular gland). From the initial consultation appointment, to the day of the surgery, to the follow-up a week later, he was extremely thorough, personable, kind and professional. He took his time explaining the surgery, the potential risks, and reviewing my medical history with me. Dr. Kass successfully removed the gland without doing damage to a facial nerve that was potentially at risk during the biopsy, and he was able to get a diagnosis on the questionable area of my neck. I highly recommend Dr. Kass.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Kass, MD?
I was diagnosed with oral squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue. I had a partial glosectomy where they removed a quarter of my tongue. Dr. Kass was able to remove tissue from the inside of my wrist to reconstruct my tongue. He also did a skin graph on my upper thigh to reconstruct the skin on my wrist. Thanks to his skill in reconstruction I am able to talk .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Kass, MD?
Dr. Kass saved my life. In May of 2018 he operated on a Squamous Cell Carcinoma on my tongue (far back) via robotic assisted surgery as well as removing multiple lymph nodes from both sides of my neck. I give Dr. Kass my absolute hugest recommendation for anyone with a heard and neck surgical need. Dr. Kass and the Dana Farmer team are absolutely outstanding. Kevin Kelly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Kass, MD?
Dr. Jason Kass is a brilliant surgeon. He is a gentle compassionate man who treats his patients and their families with tremendous respect. Dr. Kass saved me and I will be forever grateful. Mary Ann Plymouth, March 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Kass, MD?
Dr Kass did a neck salvage procedure for cancer in my neck lymph nodes and was part of my care team from the beginning of my cancer treatments. From the start, he was thorough and thoughtful in his reviews and recommendations. He worked well with my other Drs and made time to ensure I was comfortable with the options and potential outcomes of any of the recommended procedures. As a surgeon, his work is outstanding and I have had only positive outcomes with no negative effects. Tremendous job!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Kass, MD?
There simply are not sufficient words to describe Dr. Kass. He quite literally saved my life. He not only removed a very aggressive malignant tumor from my neck, he also simultaneously performed reconstructive surgery that I can only describe as amazing. Every case is different, but what he did for me I consider nothing short of a miracle and I am forever grateful to him. Beyond his expertise in the O.R., he is modest, humorous, and compassionate from initial consultation through followup.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Kass, MD?
Excellent physician with the ability to put the patient (me) at ease. I've gone through three different cancers in the mouth and throat, and I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Kass as my primary ENT doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Kass, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kass?

I am a head and neck surgeon at Brigham and Women's Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute.  I have advanced training in robotic-assisted surgery and microvascular reconstruction to provide you with cutting edge care.  My goal is not onl...

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

2014
2010
2009
1998

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kass treats patients.

81% Patient experience rating, 12% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)