Dr. Jason M. Jacobs, MD

Dr. Jason M. Jacobs, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 45 years old

Jason M. Jacobs, M.D. treats Colorado Ophthalmology Associates patients at our Denver offices. Dr. Jacobs is an accomplished cataract and refractive surgeon. He also provides excellent care in diabetic eye treatment, glaucoma, and all areas of general ophthalmology. He dedicates himself to providing compassionate, personalized care that integrates each patient's eye care into his or her complete health care needs and overall life. Dr. Jacobs grew up in New York. He attended Harvard University in Boston, MA, and graduated first in his class of 1993 Phi Beta Kappa with a degree Summa Cum Laude in Physics with a special interest in optics. In 1997 he received his M.D. from the Duke University School of Medicine in North Carolina, where he also received the high honor of Alpha Omega Alpha membership. He performed his internship in transitional medicine at HealthONE-Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, and his residency in ophthalmology at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center.During his education, Dr. Jacobs conducted research on the excimer laser at the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center, which is the laboratory credited with developing the excimer and femtosecond laser technology used in laser refractive eye surgery. He holds several patents on excimer laser procedures. Dr. Jacobs has been in private practice in Denver since 2001. 5280 Magazine named him one of Denver's "Top Docs" in Ophthalmology in each of the eight consecutive years 2006-2013. He is Specialty Board Certified and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Jacobs also serves as a Clinical Instructor on the faculty of the Transitional Internship Program at HealthONE-Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Jacobs lives in Arapahoe County with his wife, Victoria, and their four children. In addition to his professional life, he enjoys spending time with family, supporting his children's educations, bicycling, reading, and serving his local Council of the Knights of Columbus.Read more

Colorado Ophthalmology Associates, P.C.
1666 S University Blvd
Denver, CO 80210 Get Directions

Personal Bio

Dr. Jacobs' Experience

See how Dr. Jacobs' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Jacobs has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Jacobs' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jacobs to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (89)
in Littleton, CO |
Highly skilled surgeon who answers questions completely and directly. Very friendly and approachable with patient concerns and he is a highly skilled surgeon. I was amazed with the success of my cataract surgery - he was truly concerned with the outcome which was beyond my expectations. He is superb.
in Lakewood |
Really positive experience with Dr. Jacobs. Patiently answered all my questions, helped me think about which Lasik option would work best for me (I went with Monovision), and was exceptional during the procedure itself, talking me through the process.
in Keystone, CO |
He was very competent, very polite, very skilled and all appointments occurred right on time!
in Denver, CO |
He explained what needed to be done in an easy way. I felt vey comfortable with him. I had my surgery done for cateracts, and would refer family and friends to him. He would be my first choice for an eye doctor when ever I need one.
in Denver, CO |
My vision was declining due to cataracts. I was referred to Dr Jacobs by my primary care physician. Making the decision to have surgery is not an easy one. Dr Jacobs educated me on my options and what to expect with each. He and his staff made me feel comfortable and confident through the evaluation and procedure. I was really impressed by his bedside manner, knowledge, and skill. The results are amazing.
in Highlands Ranch, CO 80130 |
I had a great outcome with my cataract surgery due to Dr. Jacobs!
in Englewood CO |
Excellent experience !!! Excellent results !!! Strongly recommend !!! Preston Fleet
in Denver, CO |
I had cateract surgery with Dr Jacobs. I had my first eye surgery done with one of the large eye clinics. Surgeon was fine, but the meaning of CARE is not in their vernacular. I had my second with Dr Jacobs. He is the best!!!!!!!! Takes time to explain and plan with the patient. His whole office is very friendly, but professional. Outcome of surgery was excellent. I would NEVER recommend a large clinic, when you can have an individualized choice like Dr. Jacobs. Thanks you so much for your care
in Aurora, CO |
I have entrusted my eye care to Dr. Jacobs for over 10 years. In addition to my annual eye exams, he also removed my cataracts. Dr. Jacobs is a warm, compassionate individual with impressive surgical skills and an extensive education. He truly cares about his patients, listens carefully, and explains procedures thoroughly. I have no hesitation is giving Dr. Jacobs the highest recommendation.
in Littleton, CO |
I find that Dr. Jacobs is a very fine physician and I recommend him highly.
in Littleton, CO |
Here's what I think about Dr. Jacobs, * Knowledgable * Experienced * Extraordinary skills But there's more.... Dr Jacobs is a kind, compassionate, and friendly person. I always feel like I am his only patient. Dr. Jacobs is my doctor...and he is my friend. Thanks you Dr. Jacobs, Bill & Inga Wagner
in Englewood Co. |
Dr. Jacobs not only answered all questions I had but did so in words I could understand. He was always on time for all my appointments. But the most impressive thing I found about Dr. Jacobs was that he treated me more like a friend than a patient.
in Littleton, CO |
What an amazing doctor. Not only is he professional, but he manages to treat patients like their time is as valuable as his own. Always on time for appointments and surgery. After the cataract surgery, I was astounded at how simple it all seemed, how well regarded I was as a patient of his by himself and his staff. Not only did I feel confident in my choice of doctor, but I could see better as well. No glasses or contacts! I highly recommend him. You won't be disappointed. Darla Bartos
in Greenwood Village, CO |
Dr. Jacobs complete surgery on both of my eyes and I was treated like a Queen. He explained everything that was going to happen to be and my options. I am very happy with the results.
Very knowledgeable, friendly.
in Denver, CO |
Great experience. My cataract surgeries went well, he is very personable, friendly and attentive to the patient's comfort before the procedure begins and ends. I would highly recommend him to everyone looking for a Opthamoligist. As my daughter said Dr Jacobs ROCKS, .
in Denver, CO |
Before having Lasik, I did a ton of research. You only have two eyes right?!? Dr. Jacobs was my 4th doctor I had a consultation with. I knew he was the one I was going with after about 5 minutes of talking about the surgery. He gave me real information on the surgery and not just what he thought I wanted to here. He has a wonderful bedside manor and he and his staff were the same! I had my 3 month follow up yesterday and I am thrilled to say I have 20/15 vision! WOW! This is your Doc!
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Jacobs has a calm, intelligent manner. It is obvious how much he enjoys helping people improve their vision. He is a delightful person as well as a skilled doctor. I was impressed with how he explains the latest methods for cataract removal surgery. I have 100% confidence that all people will be delighted with their results.
in Denver, CO |
I went in for LASIK and was very pleased. He was pleasant and professional. I would highly recommend him.
in Denver, CO |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Jacobs yesterday. I can not believe the improvement in my vision in just one day. The procedure performed at Harvard Park Surgery Center went flawlessly. I must admit I was apprehensive but there was actually nothing to be worried about. There was absolutely no pain during or after the surgery. Dr. Jacobs, his staff and the staff at Harvard Park Surgery Center had everything under control. Dr. Jacobs has my highest recommendation!
in Broomfield, CO |
Dr. Jacobs just completed cataract surgery on both my eyes. I am 68 and my vision is now better than ever - no glasses or contacts for the first time since I was 13!! He is obviously an expert at what he does (no pain experienced at all) and also has a great bedside manner. I highly recommend him to anyone who is facing cataract surgery
in Aurora, CO |
Dr. Jacobs is the following: 1. Extremely knowledgeable 2. listens very well 3. Addresses all your questions 4. Punctual 5. Has a friendly and caring staff who enjoy working there 6. Excellent follow-up 7. He comes highly recommended from other doctors 8. Doctor's doctor 9. Knowledgeable staff 10. Very respectful of your needs
in Denver, CO |
explains procedure completely...takes time to answer all questions....never appears rushed...office is very efficient, kind and helpful
in Broomfield, CO |
I went to him with excessive tearing in one eye. He diagnosed me with dry eye and proceeded with treatment. When it didn't work, I asked him if it was possible that I had a blocked tear duct. He looked at me like I was crazy and said he didn't think my symptoms were caused by that. I ended up going to a different doctor and, guess what, was diagnosed with a blocked tear duct.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Jason Jacobs in Denver removed cataracts in both eyes & surgically implanted multi-focal lenses. During the procedures, he also reshaped my corneas which successfully eliminated my astigmatisms. It was a perfect outcome with 20/20 vision and no need for glasses. Every step was professional, friendly, informative, caring, punctual and painless. These accolades are for Dr. Jacobs & his staff plus the staff, nurses, and anesthesiologist at The Porter Eye Surgical Center.
in Centennial, CO |
My experience with Dr. Jacobs left me at ease and feeling confident the surgery would correct my vision 100%. The outcome of the surgery so far has been nothing but positive.
in Aurora, CO |
Amazing experience! I had cataract surgery on both eyes and the procedures, recoveries, and results were exactly as explained and anticipated. Dr. Jacobs is personable, caring, and professional. No hesitation in referring him to anyone who needs eye services.
Boulder, CO |
Dr. Jacobs performed cataract surgery and implantation of IOLs in both of my eyes plus relaxing incisions for astigmatism. My experience: five months after surgery my vision still wasn?t good enough to drive. Dr. Jacobs wouldn?t admit that I had residual astigmatism or any other problem. I lost out on five months of work and quality of life. Only after I went to another doctor did I get the correction that I needed: YAG laser for secondary cataract and the right refraction for my astigmatism.
in Denver, CO |
Very professional staff. Dr Jacobs answered my multitude of questions about my procedure with empathy because he took the time to listen to me.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Jason Jacobs is skillful cataract surgeon using ORA technology which re-checks vision after cataract removal to double-check that the correct lens has been selected With the toric lens he recommended, he successfully corrected both my astigmatism and vision at the same time. Amazingly, I could see clearly without glasses the next day, Dr. Jacobs is an ophthalmologist who listens closely to his patients, explains clearly and is a very nice person who cares about his patients.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Jacobs has been my general ophthamologist for several years. In the past year, Dr. Jacobs has done 2 cataract surgeries on me, both of which went very smoothly and my resulting vision is excellent. He is not only an excellent doctor, but very personable as well. He never seems preoccupied and gives his complete attention during exams. His office staff are organized and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Jacobs for both general ophthalmology as well as eye surgery.
in Denver, CO |
One could not find a more capable Ophthalmologist than Dr. Jacobs. The annual exams are thoughtful, professional, and completed in a timely fashion. When I needed cataract surgery on both eyes in January 2016, Dr. Jacobs was genuinely attentive to my concerns and my well being starting with pre-op, throughout the surgery procedures, and during post op appointments. He has the rare combination of being a superlative surgeon and having a gentle bedside manner.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Cataract surgery on 10/21/2015. Dr. Jacobs and staff performed above expectations. Surgery went very well and recovery period was uneventful.
in Greenwood Village, CO |
As a new patient I was pleasantly surprised to get in to see Dr, Jacobs on the same day I called with a a sore left eye. Dr. Jacobs was very thorough and kind during this emergency visit. He took the time to listen to my symptoms, do the exams, and explain the treatment to me. I was very impressed with his knowledge and professionalism.
in Denver, CO |
I went to Dr. Jacobs for my annual eye exam. He recommended cataract surgery for both eyes. I scheduled the surgery and now have the best vision - day and night. The surgery went extremely well. Dr. Jacobs put me at ease and he and his entire staff are wonderful. It could not have been a better experience. Dr. Jacobs spends time needed explaining and answering questions. He never rushes. Thank you Dr. Jacobs, you are the best.
in Littleton, CO |
I went to see Dr. Jacobs for a 2nd opinion when my wife had a bad experience with a Dr. Amiel when she had cataracts. Dr. Jacobs came highly recommended and exceeded my highest hopes. He mapped out the best course of action in a step by step process and personally ensured a tremendous success with fantastic results. He has my highest esteem and gratitude. My wife is now going to consult with Dr. Jacobs to see if there is anything that would assist her.
Have you seen Dr. Jason M. Jacobs, MD?
Are you Dr. Jacobs?

Compare Dr. Jacobs

More Ophthalmology Specialists like Dr. Jacobs at Colorado Ophthalmology Associates, P.C.

Dr. Jacobs says...

Dr. Jacobs' Care Philosophy

Dr. Jacobs' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Jacobs has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Jacobs' Board Certifications

• Blepharitis
  • Cataract
  • Cataract Surgery Complications
  • Chalazion
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

University of Colorado Health Sciences Center

Completed in 2001

Harvard Medical School

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Jacobs does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jacobs and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology