Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Jason Jacobs, MD
Jason M. Jacobs, M.D. treats Colorado Ophthalmology Associates patients at our Denver offices. Dr. Jacobs is an accomplished cataract and refractive surgeon. He also provides excellent care in diabetic eye treatment, glaucoma, and all areas of general ophthalmology. He dedicates himself to providing compassionate, personalized care that integrates each patient's eye care into his or her complete health care needs and overall life. Dr. Jacobs grew up in New York. He attended Harvard University in Boston, MA, and graduated first in his class of 1993 Phi Beta Kappa with a degree Summa Cum Laude in Physics with a special interest in optics. In 1997 he received his M.D. from the Duke University School of Medicine in North Carolina, where he also received the high honor of Alpha Omega Alpha membership. He performed his internship in transitional medicine at HealthONE-Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, and his residency in ophthalmology at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center.During his education, Dr. Jacobs conducted research on the excimer laser at the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center, which is the laboratory credited with developing the excimer and femtosecond laser technology used in laser refractive eye surgery. He holds several patents on excimer laser procedures. Dr. Jacobs has been in private practice in Denver since 2001. 5280 Magazine named him one of Denver's "Top Docs" in Ophthalmology in each of the eight consecutive years 2006-2013. He is Specialty Board Certified and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Jacobs also serves as a Clinical Instructor on the faculty of the Transitional Internship Program at HealthONE-Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Jacobs lives in Arapahoe County with his wife, Victoria, and their four children. In addition to his professional life, he enjoys spending time with family, supporting his children's educations, bicycling, reading, and serving his local Council of the Knights of Columbus.

1666 S University Blvd

• CoreSource
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs' Experience

Dr. Jacobs' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Blepharitis
  • Cataract
  • Cataract Surgery Complications
  • Chalazion
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Glaucoma Treatment
  • LASIK
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Harvard Medical School
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • Duke University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Jacobs has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jacobs does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jacobs and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jacobs' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jacobs to family and friends
Dr. Jacobs' Performance
in Castle Rock, CO |
Dr Jacobs is very professional and helpful with all phases of ophthalmonology as my Doctor. I would recommend Dr Jacobs to any one needing a top rated Doctor in this field.
Boulder, CO |
I had a really positive experience doing LASIK with Dr. Jacobs. Not only does he have a really welcoming and friendly demeanor, the procedure was also quick, precise, and effective.
Parker, CO |
Had Cataract surgery in both eyes, a week apart, and had no problems! Dr Jacobs is a fantastic surgeon and the procedures were flawless. I highly recommend you visit Dr Jacobs.
Arvada, CO |
Dr. Jacobs performed two surgeries on my eyes in the past month. The experience was exceptional from start to finish. Dr. Jacobs is an excellent physician and highly personable. The office staff is also exceptional. I recommend Dr. Jacobs and his practice without any hesitatiuon.
in Denver, CO |
I had an outstanding experience in the restoration of my eyesight via the intraocular lens implants provided by the skillful and professional surgeon, Dr. Jacobs in June of this year. From the first office visit to the last post surgery, he provided information, reassurance, and trust in his abilities to improve my eyesight. I would highly recommend him to family and friends and all those seeking a first rate Ophthalmologist.
in Littleton, CO |
Dr. Jacobs is personable, experienced, and elicits confidence--graduate of Harvard and Duke Universities. Dr. Jacob's 0ffice Staff are thoughtful, organized, and responsive. I never had to wait for a "call-back." This vision is remarkable. I could not be more grateful for having Dr. Jacobs for my eye doctor. No more $$$ for glasses, contacts, cleaning and wetting solutions--emptied out two drawers full of eye stuff. Now I can read, see distance and all points in between better ever.
Denver, CO |
Dr Jacobs is amazing! He performed my PRK surgery and his confidence, expertise and demeanor was all so reassuring. I was terrified about the entire thing and just his presence put me so much more at ease. I'm only 1 week into my recovery and I can already see SO GOOD! I felt supported, clear on instructions and comfortable the entire time. I will tell you not to be discouraged if you go for your consultation and wait a really long time to get in to see the Dr; it's worth it.
in Golden, CO |
I have been seeing Dr. Jacobs for years and thoroughly trust that I am receiving quality care for my eyes. I refer my friends and family to Dr. Jacobs.
Denver, CO |
I highly recommend Dr. Jacobs. My cataract surgery went smoothly and the recovery was so much easier than I had anticipated. During my visits and before surgery, he answered all my questions and recommended the perfect lenses for my eyes.
in Denver, CO |
After several years of procrastination regarding cataract surgery, in April I "found" Dr. Jason Jacobs of Colorado Ophthalmology. During my initial appointment, almost instantly I felt comfortable deciding to have him perform this overdue and much needed procedure. Some seven weeks later, I'm so pleased with how smoothly things went, not to mention having 20/20 distant vision! Dr. Jacobs is an excellent, caring surgeon, and his staff was wonderfully helpful, as was the entire surgical team.
Denver, CO |
If you're looking to have cataract surgery, this is your guy. He and his team are definitely 5 star!
Denver, CO |
Dr. Jacobs CHANGED MY LIFE. Prior to LASIK surgery, my prescription was at a -12.45 and I have wrong glasses since preschool. Dr. Jacobs was extremely thorough with choosing the best procedure for my situation to ensure I would receive the best results. as possible With his compassionate bedside manner, he was able to ease my nerves during surgery and did an absolutely incredible job. If he could help someone like me, there is no doubt in my mind that he can help anyone else's vision.
in Denver, CO |
Dr Jacobs removed my cataracts and inserted Inter Ocular Lenses. After wearing glasses since the age of 12, I now have 20/20 vision! My entire experience was excellent from his office staff to the nurses at the surgery center to my follow up visit. Dr Jacobs is a caring, personable and extremely knowledgeable surgeon who I would highly recommend to anyone requiring eye surgery.
in Parker, CO |
If you're looking for a doctor who gets it, Dr. Jacobs is your man. I gave him a typewritten full-page list of questions regarding cataract surgery. He patiently read through the list and responded in a way I knew meant he understood everything and he also knew how to proceed with my eyes. I chose the Symfony lens which he tweaked for close up for the right eye and distance for the left. Perfect!!! This man is a perfectionist and SMART! I highly recommend.
in Greenwood Village, CO |
I had a great experience with Dr. Jacobs. I was wearing glasses for both reading and distance , and Dr. Jacobs removed cataracts from each eye and implanted two new lenses and my need for glasses were gone. His office staff and the staff at Harvard Surgery Center were exceptional in every way. The procedure was explained and was executed painlessly and the results almost immediately were more than I expected. I no longer need glasses for reading or driving and would highly recommend Dr. Jacob
in Denver, CO |
Recently had cataract surgery - went well (20/20 in both eyes)! Dr. Jacobs explained lens options effectively - friendly and professional demeanor. Unfortunately, only basic lens is covered by insurance. If you need astigmatism correction or seek to not wear glasses at all, lens are costly. Office team did excellent job in measurements necessary before surgery. Harvard Surgery team that Dr. Jacobs works with is efficient. I highly recommend Dr. Jacobs, his office, and surgical team.
Littleton, CO |
Dr. Jacobs was awesome from my initial diagnosis through the cataract surgery for both eyes. He is extremely positive and give you more confidence that the procedure will be successful. For the first time in almost 30 years, I no longer need glasses - what a miracle.
in Denver, CO |
I had a great experience from start to finish! Office staff was quick and courteous, schedualung person was flexible, and Dr. Jacobs was friendly, reassuring and of course the procedure was flawless! By the way, I'm writing this review with no glasses, it's great!
in Lakewood, CO |
Dr. Jacobs is a terrific doctor and surgeon. He explained the entire procedure for removal of my cataract in a manner that I understood completely. He interacts very well with the staff at Harvard Park Surgical Center and has a great bedside manner that made me feel at ease prior to and after the surgery. I would not hesitate to recommend him for any eye problems or for eye care and surgery.
Denver, CO |
If you are considering a lasik procedure, I highly encourage you to have the procedure performed by one of the best, Dr. Jacobs. He's highly intelligent, skilled and passionate about ophthalmology. The day after surgery my vision was 20/15.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Jacobs is a great doctor, a talented surgeon, and a really nice guy. I am so glad that I found him. He recently performed cataract surgeries on both of my eyes, and I cannot say enough good things about the process, the outcome, and my satisfaction with the entire experience. I highly recommend Dr. Jacobs! I was also impressed with Colorado Ophthalmology’s staff and technicians. They all stay on schedule, and they know what they are doing. This group is a rare find.
in Greenwood Village |
Friendly, confident, very capable, experienced......very qualified....."my eyes feel they're in good hands"
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Jacobs completed my second cataract surgery yesterday. He and his staff are extremely supportive. The procedures were very easy. There was no pain or discomfort at all. I am very impressed with the improvement in my sight. Everything seems so bright and clear. I highly recommend Dr. Jacobs and this procedure to anyone considering it.
in Fraser, CO |
Dr. Jacobs is very professional. He is excellent with patients and explains what is happening in a way that is very easy to understand. I felt totally comfortable with him through the entire procedure.
in Littleton, CO |
I had cataract surgery December 20th and within 2 days my vision was much better. Dr. Jacobs is very efficient and explains things thoroughly. In my opinion he is fantastic. I previously went to another opthamologist and the treatment at Dr. Jacob's office is like day vs. night at the other opthamologist's office.
Littleton, CO |
Smart, experienced, caring, trustworthy! Excellent results on recent cataract surgery.
in Denver, CO |
I'm a medical resident pursuing a career in ophthalmology and was fortunate to work with Dr. Jacobs as part of my training. He is one of the best physicians I have worked with during my 4 years of medical school and, thus far, in my residency. Dr. Jacobs is professional and personable. I would trust my health and the health of my family and friends in his hands. Hopefully he's still in practice when I reach the age of cataracts!
in Denver CO |
Dr. Jacobs is very highly skilled in cataract surgery. He is friendly and eager to address patient concerns. I am delighted with the outcome of my cataract surgery and quick recovery..
in Denver, CO |
Before even meeting Dr Jacobs we were impressed by the professionalism regarding scheduling an appointment. Courtesy and sincerity were glaringly apparent. After several appointments over the course of a few years, the need for cataract surgery was determined. Again, it must be said that the entire staff involved were attentive, clearly explained procedures and expectations. Surgery care was also exceptional. Dr Jacobs' confidence and expertise are very much respected and appreciated.
in Aurora, CO |
Dr. Jacobs and his staff are first class all the way. Had cataracts removed from both eyes and now have 20/20 vision...yea, no more glasses! After wearing glasses since I was a kid, it is SO nice to not need them at all!! I would highly recommend Dr. Jason Jacobs for any eye problems and surgery. Also, the Harvard Park Surgery center staff did an outstanding job, very nice to work with, patient and expanded what was happening.
in Littleton, CO |
Highly skilled surgeon who answers questions completely and directly. Very friendly and approachable with patient concerns and he is a highly skilled surgeon. I was amazed with the success of my cataract surgery - he was truly concerned with the outcome which was beyond my expectations. He is superb.
in Keystone, CO |
He was very competent, very polite, very skilled and all appointments occurred right on time!
in Denver, CO |
He explained what needed to be done in an easy way. I felt vey comfortable with him. I had my surgery done for cateracts, and would refer family and friends to him. He would be my first choice for an eye doctor when ever I need one.
in Denver, CO |
My vision was declining due to cataracts. I was referred to Dr Jacobs by my primary care physician. Making the decision to have surgery is not an easy one. Dr Jacobs educated me on my options and what to expect with each. He and his staff made me feel comfortable and confident through the evaluation and procedure. I was really impressed by his bedside manner, knowledge, and skill. The results are amazing.
in Highlands Ranch, CO 80130 |
I had a great outcome with my cataract surgery due to Dr. Jacobs!
in Englewood CO |
Excellent experience !!! Excellent results !!! Strongly recommend !!! Preston Fleet
in Denver, CO |
I had cateract surgery with Dr Jacobs. I had my first eye surgery done with one of the large eye clinics. Surgeon was fine, but the meaning of CARE is not in their vernacular. I had my second with Dr Jacobs. He is the best!!!!!!!! Takes time to explain and plan with the patient. His whole office is very friendly, but professional. Outcome of surgery was excellent. I would NEVER recommend a large clinic, when you can have an individualized choice like Dr. Jacobs. Thanks you so much for your care
in Aurora, CO |
I have entrusted my eye care to Dr. Jacobs for over 10 years. In addition to my annual eye exams, he also removed my cataracts. Dr. Jacobs is a warm, compassionate individual with impressive surgical skills and an extensive education. He truly cares about his patients, listens carefully, and explains procedures thoroughly. I have no hesitation is giving Dr. Jacobs the highest recommendation.
in Littleton, CO |
I find that Dr. Jacobs is a very fine physician and I recommend him highly.
in Littleton, CO |
Here's what I think about Dr. Jacobs, * Knowledgable * Experienced * Extraordinary skills But there's more.... Dr Jacobs is a kind, compassionate, and friendly person. I always feel like I am his only patient. Dr. Jacobs is my doctor...and he is my friend. Thanks you Dr. Jacobs, Bill & Inga Wagner
in Englewood Co. |
Dr. Jacobs not only answered all questions I had but did so in words I could understand. He was always on time for all my appointments. But the most impressive thing I found about Dr. Jacobs was that he treated me more like a friend than a patient.
in Littleton, CO |
What an amazing doctor. Not only is he professional, but he manages to treat patients like their time is as valuable as his own. Always on time for appointments and surgery. After the cataract surgery, I was astounded at how simple it all seemed, how well regarded I was as a patient of his by himself and his staff. Not only did I feel confident in my choice of doctor, but I could see better as well. No glasses or contacts! I highly recommend him. You won't be disappointed. Darla Bartos
in Greenwood Village, CO |
Dr. Jacobs complete surgery on both of my eyes and I was treated like a Queen. He explained everything that was going to happen to be and my options. I am very happy with the results.
Very knowledgeable, friendly.
in Denver, CO |
Great experience. My cataract surgeries went well, he is very personable, friendly and attentive to the patient's comfort before the procedure begins and ends. I would highly recommend him to everyone looking for a Opthamoligist. As my daughter said Dr Jacobs ROCKS, .
in Denver, CO |
Before having Lasik, I did a ton of research. You only have two eyes right?!? Dr. Jacobs was my 4th doctor I had a consultation with. I knew he was the one I was going with after about 5 minutes of talking about the surgery. He gave me real information on the surgery and not just what he thought I wanted to here. He has a wonderful bedside manor and he and his staff were the same! I had my 3 month follow up yesterday and I am thrilled to say I have 20/15 vision! WOW! This is your Doc!
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Jacobs has a calm, intelligent manner. It is obvious how much he enjoys helping people improve their vision. He is a delightful person as well as a skilled doctor. I was impressed with how he explains the latest methods for cataract removal surgery. I have 100% confidence that all people will be delighted with their results.
in Denver, CO |
I went in for LASIK and was very pleased. He was pleasant and professional. I would highly recommend him.
in Denver, CO |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Jacobs yesterday. I can not believe the improvement in my vision in just one day. The procedure performed at Harvard Park Surgery Center went flawlessly. I must admit I was apprehensive but there was actually nothing to be worried about. There was absolutely no pain during or after the surgery. Dr. Jacobs, his staff and the staff at Harvard Park Surgery Center had everything under control. Dr. Jacobs has my highest recommendation!
in Broomfield, CO |
Dr. Jacobs just completed cataract surgery on both my eyes. I am 68 and my vision is now better than ever - no glasses or contacts for the first time since I was 13!! He is obviously an expert at what he does (no pain experienced at all) and also has a great bedside manner. I highly recommend him to anyone who is facing cataract surgery
Have you seen Dr. Jason Jacobs, MD?
Are you Dr. Jacobs?

• Cofinity
    Cofinity PPO
  • CoreSource
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health