Dr. Jason Hsu, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery ·  Male · Age 37

Dr. Hsu

UW Bone and Joint Center Roosevelt

4245 Roosevelt Way NE Seattle, WA 98105

Dr. Jason Hsu, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery specialist in Seattle, WA. He graduated from Northwestern University Feinberg School Of Medicine and specializes in orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery, sports medicine, and more.

Dr. Hsu accepts

Dr. Hsu accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
Commercial Insurance Company
First Choice Health
Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Group Health Cooperative
Health Net
HealthSmart
Medicaid
Premera Blue Cross
Providence Health Plans
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
Tricare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Hsu's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Excision of Humerus
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Extra-Articular Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Repair

95.1219512195122%

Dr. Hsu?
Dr. Hsu's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jason Hsu, MD
Dr.Jason Hsu changed my life! I’m currently 4 days post-op & the pain I’m now enduring is achy/ soreness, not intense pain! Other Orthropedic surgeons told me “Your shoulder is complex.” I’ve surffered from chronic stability issues since I was a teenager & have undergone 2 previous surgeries prior to this one. Each of the previous surgeries were nightmares & I dreaded this surgery. I conveyed my trepidation to Dr. Hsu & he took all precaution to make this one different, and Happy to say it is!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Jason Hsu and his team are miracle workers. I sustained a massive rotator cuff injury (dislocation) with three of the four major tendons fully retracted, plus a biceps tendon and labrum tear. I am a professional artist, sculpting life size animals, including elephants. My arm was non-functional and I was not optimistic. I am almost six months post-op and have regained 90% function. I cannot thank Dr. Hsu and UWMC enough, His surgical skill and follow up care has been impeccable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
I prefer to use an teaching hospital like the UW with its excellent medical school. Upon reading all the bios, Dr Jason Hsu stood out as a young orthopedic surgeon with a stellar record and attended top notch facilities where he received his medical training, residency and fellowship. Dr Hsu is extremely personable, was willing to take as much time as needed to answer all my questions and consistently responds in a very timely manner to my email questions. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Hsu is awesome. Same is his team. I had my shoulder surgery done a month ago. Great experience. Dr. Hsu did my rotator cuff fix and bicep tendon reattachment. All was big success. He even answer my email during the weekend after surgery. All his staff are very helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Hsu to anybody who has shoulder problem. I am going to see him again for my other shoulder.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
I had an incredible experience w Dr Hsu. Truly, one of my best medical experiences ever! First, I had a very successful surgery. Then, the care and coordination between him and my physical therapist was beyond anything that I have ever experienced. And, Dr Hsu is highly responsive any time you need him or have a question. I would recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Jason goes above and beyond as a surgeon and physician. We corresponded by email prior to appointments to insure it was best use of both of our times. He is approachable and responsive to all my questions. The surgery itself (to remove a floating anchor from a rotator cuff surgery performed by another surgeon) was arthroscopic with no pain immediately after or following surgery. HIs listening skills and responsiveness are the best I've seen in the industry. I highly recommend Dr. Hsu!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Hsu did revision surgeries on both my shoulders as they failed before. Both my shoulders felt very tight after the surgeries and the instability was gone. He is friendly, has patients best interest at mind. UW is also a lead researcher in orthopedics. Working at UW is not as lucrative as private practice, but instead the surgeons get a research budget and more resources to work with. Dr. Hsu is literally working to advance orthopedic medicine. He also responds direct through email.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
I have already given a recommendation to one of my customers who is approaching a shoulder surgery. I could not be more pleased with the outcome of my shoulder surgery and care from Dr. Hsu. This man is amazing. Extremely knowledgeable and has absolutely the best bedside manner of any Dr I have experienced. He actually cared about me and my recovery. He prepared me for an intense recovery and did not sugarcoat the anticipated pain and work it would take to get back to "normal". Exceptional
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr Hsu is an excellent surgeon and Doctor. When he operated on me he came to the hospital everyday to check up on me. He gives his patients his email so that he can personally answer any concerns . He listens to his patients. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Many thanks to Dr. Hsu & his staff! I suffered a devastating & rare shoulder dislocation. I met with a couple of orthopedic surgeons & was not pleased with their demeanor or encouragement. After networking in Tacoma & speaking with a doctor in Boston, I decided to seek medical treatment with Dr. Hsu. It was a great decision. Dr. Hsu is friendly & confident. He explains matters thoroughly. Surgery went well & my recovery exceeded expectations. My shoulder mobility continues to improve. Awesome!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Hsu was the physician/surgeon who treated my broken arm. He chose a conservative approach in repairing the breaks, which I much appreciated. However, when it became apparent that surgery was needed, he did a good job installing the necessary hardware to straighten the bones, and the arm mended correctly. He required regular checkups to assess the healing process, and provided me with the information I needed about what was happening, during and between appointments. Very trustworthy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Hsu is by far the best doctor I've ever come in contact with personally. He's very engaging, social, and good-natured. He brings an understanding and compassion to your issue that's appreciated. He always answers direct emails himself, which is by far enough to be considered the best doctor around. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing help with shoulder or elbow issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Hsu performed a reverse shoulder replacement after a fall that broke my shoulder. He explained the various surgical options and anticipated outcomes of the various procedures. In subsequent visits, he would explain what to expect and what the next steps in recovery would be. He was a great help in a very scary situation. Dr Hsu encouraged me to email questions which he very promptly answered. I have already recommended him to other folks. All but one appointment has been on time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Very good experience overall - time will tell how strong the shoulder is at the most strenuous levels of use, but I am confident in it, and the shoulder certainly performs perfectly in day-to-day use.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
I had a successful shoulder rotator cuff repair last July. Dr. Hsu explained clearly what was wrong with my shoulder and my options. After surgery, he worked with a PT on a healing plan for 6 months that worked as planned. Dr. Hsu approach to health care gave me confidence and he wasn't shy about telling me that I needed to push myself a little more to improve the healing. I appreciate his quick response to my questions by email, even when he was traveling.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
we researched a shoulder specialist and are glad we came up with him. really like his demeanor and willingness to discuss all aspects of my condition, answering any questions I have. My experience with two procedures he has done has been excellent. He didn't promise more than what was to be expected. My recovery has been well ahead of schedule, and my condition is vastly improved.
excellent results from surgery
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Hsu is a great person. Not only was he able to find the problem to my shoulder but he was able to get me back to doing what i loved doing the most. That is exercising. After my surgery, the pain levels decreased and I was able to gain most of my range of motion back!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Hsu was an outstanding surgeon that made me feel confident in my shoulder's stability once again. This is even more impressive as this was my second Bankart repair, the first being done at a different clinic and different surgeon. He gave me clear instructions for post surgery actions and filled out medical information requested within the day.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Hsu did an outstanding job of identifying the source of the shoulder pain I had been having for over ten years and arriving at a solution. The surgical procedure he performed has completely eliminated the pain that I had and I am now again able to participate in the activities that I love.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hsu?

Dr. Hsu is dedicated to establishing a strong and long-lasting doctor-patient relationship. He encourages patients to make shared decisions on whether surgical intervention is necessary or appropriate. Non-operative management is always discussed and...

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

Northwestern University Feinberg School Of Medicine
2003
Northwestern University
2003

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Hsu treats patients.

Compare Providers