Dr. Jason Hsu, MD

Dr. Jason Hsu, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 38

Telehealth services available

Dr. Jason Hsu, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Seattle, WA and has over 13 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Hsu has more experience with Elbow and Shoulder/Upper Arm than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Northwestern University medical school in 2007. He is affiliated with medical facilities UW Medical Center - Montlake and UW Medical Center - Northwest | Seattle Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hsu to book an appointment.

Hand, Elbow & Shoulder Center at UW Medical Center-Roosevelt

Dr. Hsu's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hsu

4.25531914893617%

Dr. Hsu?
A rounded doctor professional demeanor, straightforward and compassionate. Kirsten Thompson his PA and rest of the team. Elbow and arm surgery multiple fractures. I can’t thank you enough to give me the use of my whole arm again!
Kathleen Ginnett 01/09/2020 – May 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
I am into 2 and a half weeks after a reverse shoulder replacement with Dr. Hsu and have not had one instance of pain from the time I recovered from the operation to now. He and his medical team should be recognized for the skill, professionalism and patient care as the standard for the University of Washington Medical Center. Anyone who is delaying shoulder surgery like I did will say the same thing I did after the surgery," I should have done this sooner."
Richard Kraske – Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Hsu is extremely specialized and a phenomenal listener. He helped me identify the source of my shoulder pain and got me in for surgery during my school break. He gave me his email and answered a few questions I had very promptly. That was so nice especially being from out of town. My surgery was flawless and I recovered quickly. Dr. Hsu’ care was such a blessing after being dismissed & treated poorly by other physicians. I couldn’t recommend him more!! He will treat you with kindness & take great care of you.
Emma Stephens – Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
I had an arthroscopic shoulder surgery with Dr. Hsu that went exceptionally well. The outcomes after recovery are far better than I could have hoped for. This was my first experience with surgery, and I have always been apprehensive about the medical scene in general, but Dr. Hsu's professionalism and relaxed demeanor made me feel at ease, as well as trusting of his knowledge. I would strongly recommend a visit to Dr. Hsu for any shoulder pain or complaint.
Ari – Nov 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Jason Hsu performed surgery on my shoulder a year ago and now I'm better than ever! After having pain for so long it felt like a miracle to be active and pain free once again. Thanks to Dr. Hsu and the whole team!!
Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr Hsu is a excellent doctor. He explains everything in detail but able to understand What he is saying.He makes himself available if you need to contact him i have not seen this anywhere else. As far as the surgery goes my shoulder was as bad as it gets. After the surgery and my physical therapy my shoulder feels absolutely great no pain whatsoever. The only negative thing I can think of is the waiting time for him to make it to the exam room. But I am OK with this because I think it’s the time he gives the other patiences so he runs late.
  • Long wait times
Doug Dahl in Marysville, WA – Aug 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr.Jason Hsu changed my life! I’m currently 4 days post-op & the pain I’m now enduring is achy/ soreness, not intense pain! Other Orthropedic surgeons told me “Your shoulder is complex.” I’ve surffered from chronic stability issues since I was a teenager & have undergone 2 previous surgeries prior to this one. Each of the previous surgeries were nightmares & I dreaded this surgery. I conveyed my trepidation to Dr. Hsu & he took all precaution to make this one different, and Happy to say it is!
Jonny M. in Gig Harbor , WA – Dec 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Jason Hsu and his team are miracle workers. I sustained a massive rotator cuff injury (dislocation) with three of the four major tendons fully retracted, plus a biceps tendon and labrum tear. I am a professional artist, sculpting life size animals, including elephants. My arm was non-functional and I was not optimistic. I am almost six months post-op and have regained 90% function. I cannot thank Dr. Hsu and UWMC enough, His surgical skill and follow up care has been impeccable.
Jocelyn Russell in Friday Harbor, WA – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
I prefer to use an teaching hospital like the UW with its excellent medical school. Upon reading all the bios, Dr Jason Hsu stood out as a young orthopedic surgeon with a stellar record and attended top notch facilities where he received his medical training, residency and fellowship. Dr Hsu is extremely personable, was willing to take as much time as needed to answer all my questions and consistently responds in a very timely manner to my email questions. I highly recommend him!
Jan 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Hsu is awesome. Same is his team. I had my shoulder surgery done a month ago. Great experience. Dr. Hsu did my rotator cuff fix and bicep tendon reattachment. All was big success. He even answer my email during the weekend after surgery. All his staff are very helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Hsu to anybody who has shoulder problem. I am going to see him again for my other shoulder.
Che Cui in Kent, WA – Jan 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
I had an incredible experience w Dr Hsu. Truly, one of my best medical experiences ever! First, I had a very successful surgery. Then, the care and coordination between him and my physical therapist was beyond anything that I have ever experienced. And, Dr Hsu is highly responsive any time you need him or have a question. I would recommend him to anyone!
Dan Brettler in Seattle – Nov 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Jason goes above and beyond as a surgeon and physician. We corresponded by email prior to appointments to insure it was best use of both of our times. He is approachable and responsive to all my questions. The surgery itself (to remove a floating anchor from a rotator cuff surgery performed by another surgeon) was arthroscopic with no pain immediately after or following surgery. HIs listening skills and responsiveness are the best I've seen in the industry. I highly recommend Dr. Hsu!
Linda Lander in Bellevue, WA – Oct 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Hsu did revision surgeries on both my shoulders as they failed before. Both my shoulders felt very tight after the surgeries and the instability was gone. He is friendly, has patients best interest at mind. UW is also a lead researcher in orthopedics. Working at UW is not as lucrative as private practice, but instead the surgeons get a research budget and more resources to work with. Dr. Hsu is literally working to advance orthopedic medicine. He also responds direct through email.
Seattle, WA – Oct 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
I have already given a recommendation to one of my customers who is approaching a shoulder surgery. I could not be more pleased with the outcome of my shoulder surgery and care from Dr. Hsu. This man is amazing. Extremely knowledgeable and has absolutely the best bedside manner of any Dr I have experienced. He actually cared about me and my recovery. He prepared me for an intense recovery and did not sugarcoat the anticipated pain and work it would take to get back to "normal". Exceptional
Michelle davis in Seattle, WA – Jun 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr Hsu is an excellent surgeon and Doctor. When he operated on me he came to the hospital everyday to check up on me. He gives his patients his email so that he can personally answer any concerns . He listens to his patients. I highly recommend him.
Barbara Fragione in Mercer Island , wa – May 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Many thanks to Dr. Hsu & his staff! I suffered a devastating & rare shoulder dislocation. I met with a couple of orthopedic surgeons & was not pleased with their demeanor or encouragement. After networking in Tacoma & speaking with a doctor in Boston, I decided to seek medical treatment with Dr. Hsu. It was a great decision. Dr. Hsu is friendly & confident. He explains matters thoroughly. Surgery went well & my recovery exceeded expectations. My shoulder mobility continues to improve. Awesome!
Paul Munizza in Tacoma, WA – Apr 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Hsu was the physician/surgeon who treated my broken arm. He chose a conservative approach in repairing the breaks, which I much appreciated. However, when it became apparent that surgery was needed, he did a good job installing the necessary hardware to straighten the bones, and the arm mended correctly. He required regular checkups to assess the healing process, and provided me with the information I needed about what was happening, during and between appointments. Very trustworthy.
Seattle, WA – Apr 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Hsu is by far the best doctor I've ever come in contact with personally. He's very engaging, social, and good-natured. He brings an understanding and compassion to your issue that's appreciated. He always answers direct emails himself, which is by far enough to be considered the best doctor around. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing help with shoulder or elbow issues.
Jason in Redmond, WA – Feb 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Dr. Hsu performed a reverse shoulder replacement after a fall that broke my shoulder. He explained the various surgical options and anticipated outcomes of the various procedures. In subsequent visits, he would explain what to expect and what the next steps in recovery would be. He was a great help in a very scary situation. Dr Hsu encouraged me to email questions which he very promptly answered. I have already recommended him to other folks. All but one appointment has been on time.
Edmonds, WA – Feb 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?
Very good experience overall - time will tell how strong the shoulder is at the most strenuous levels of use, but I am confident in it, and the shoulder certainly performs perfectly in day-to-day use.
Seattle, WA – Feb 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Hsu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hsu?

Dr. Hsu accepts

Dr. Hsu accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Assurant Health
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Commercial Insurance Company
First Choice Health
Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Group Health Cooperative
Health Net
HealthSmart
Medicaid
Premera Blue Cross
Providence Health Plans
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
Tricare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Elbow

Elbow surgeons perform proceduras including arthroscopy, replacement, resurfacing, or tendon repair to treat conditions affecting the elbow, such as arthritis, dislocations, and hyperextension.Compare with other Elbow specialists.

Typically treats 78% more than similar doctors

Elbow Sprain

Dr. Hsu treats Elbow Sprain more than 59% of their peers

Dr. Hsu treats this condition more than 59% of their peers

Shoulder/Upper Arm

Shoulder and upper arm conditions include arthritis, bursitis, rotator cuff injuries, and dislocations, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Shoulder/Upper Arm specialists.

Typically treats 54% more than similar doctors

• Elbow Sprain
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Excision of Humerus
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Replacement
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Limb Cramp
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Wrist Replacement

Dr. Hsu is dedicated to establishing a strong and long-lasting doctor-patient relationship. He encourages patients to make shared decisions on whether...Read more

Jason Hsu, M.D. is a shoulder and elbow specialist and associate professor of orthopaedic surgery at University of Washington in Seattle. His expertise...Read more

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery