Dr. Jason Holcomb, MD

Dr. Jason Holcomb, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Jason Holcomb, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Wyandotte, MI. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Holcomb is affiliated with Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital.

Henry Ford Wyandotte Orthopaedic Specialists

2070 Biddle Ave Ste 200

Wyandotte, MI 48192

• HAP Insurance
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Holcomb

Dr. Holcomb's Experience

Dr. Holcomb's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Resurfacing
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Washington University, St Louis
  • Wayne State University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Florida Orthopaedic Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Holcomb has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Holcomb does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Holcomb and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
America's 100 Best Hospitals Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Holcomb is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Holcomb's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Holcomb to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Holcomb's Performance
in Riverview, MI |
Dr Holcomb is an excellent and compassionate surgeon. He is vary skillful. There is little waiting in the reception room. He has successfully completed surgery on me and my son. I would strongly recommend him.
in Brownstown MI |
Great Doctor, I had a 90% tear in my rotator cuff and he fixed me up like new. I even got done with PT 4 weeks ahead of schedule. Thank you Dr. Holcomb
Trenton, MI |
My 40yr old husband had a horrible experience! Had a labrum tear repaired..still could not lift his arm. Had a 2nd surgery to move the bicep tendon to eliminate pain. Months later still in pain. Doc told us oh well nothing he could do. Got a second opinion and there was a clear rotator cuff tear on the surgical photos. Labrum tear also was not fixed correctly. Used knots instead of anchors! The bicep tendon relocation surgery was not even needed! Shocked at our horrible experience with Dr.Holcom
in Lincoln Park, MI |
Dr.Holcomb repaired my comletely torn rotator cuff (2.5 cm tear ) in october of 2016. His repair was outstanding. I am a very active person, bowling,golf ,and a job as a painter, but followed his recuperation plan, and did all the physical therapy , and homework, and i was able to get back to my "normal " life just after 5 months !!! With out any pain or restrictions!!!! I am very greatful and Cant thank Dr.Holcomb enough
Riverview, MI |
Dr Holcomb did not listen to my complaint at all. They X-ray wrong part of arm. Was not checking where I told him the lump and pain was. He did not touch the part of my arm that had the lump & pain. He just wanted to give me a cortisone shot & send me on my way. Felt like I was talking to the wall! Terrible experience. I am still paying the bill & now have to go to another dr cause I still have the pain & lump!
in Lincoln Park, MI |
I saw Dr. Holcomb in late 2015 for shoulder pain. I had gone through 1 month of pt and it was getting worse before I saw him. He ordered some xrays and did an ultra sound. He said my rotator cuff was fine but gave me a shot of cortisone in my shoulder for the pain and perscribed more pt. My therapist said it was a waste of time and money to continue. I got a second opinion from a different orthopedic surgeon who ordered a mri right away. Ended up having a severely torn rotator cuff. ??
in Flat Rock, MI (Huron Twp.) |
I saw Dr. Holcomb for repair of the Distal Bicep Tendon. Dr. Holcomb explained the procedure to me in terms that I could understand. He is very pleasant and takes the time with you so that you fully understand the surgical procedure. I strongly recommend Dr. Holcomb.
in Caledonia, MI |
Saw Dr Holcomb regarding a 1.5cm tear in my labrum. Because the radiologist said that my inferior and posterior labrum was intact, he discounted the clear identification of a tear in my anterior labrum. His decision was PT followed by a tenodesis if pain persists, because he didn't trust my MRI. Glad I got a second opinion from a doctor that took one look at my MRI and said that PT wont work until the tesr is fixed. Seems like a nice guy, but didn't gain my confidence!
in Ferndale, MI |
I had a total right shoulder replacement at the Dingell VA hospital in Oct of 2014. At 52 I was quite young but an accident years ago forced the replacement. Dr Holcomb was very professional and explained things very clearly to me. It has now been 16 months and my shoulder works perfectly. 100% range of motion and no pain. I would highly recommend him to anybody with shoulder problems.
in Woodhaven, MI |
Have had sporadic shoulder issues with throbbing and pain sleeping on my side since a 1967 shoulder separatin while wrestling at EMU. Issue comes back every 5-6 yrs. Cortisone shots only helped temporarily. Dr. Holcomb did not recommend surgery, but did send me for physical therapy, which worked. Regular daily in home p/t since then has eliminated reoccurring pain. I appreciate the non surgical approach if not necessary. Very impressed since other earlier docs wanted to operate.
in Wyandotte, Michigan |
He listens very carefully. He explaines his diagnosis in a way that a non medical person can understand. Extremely detail oriented. Best downriver!! I had rotator cuff surgery a year ago January 2016. I have made a 100% full recovery with his guidance and advise.
in MI |
Dr. listened to what I had to say. He personally did an ultrasound of the joint. Reassured me that the rotator cuff was fine & needed pt. Sought out another orthopedic surgeon who deals with athletes/sports injuries. I could not attribute my pain to an injury, etc. but standard x-rays, a battery of questions and manipulation of the joint, indicated to him a torn rotator cuff. Should have went to the second doctor first. Next step, MRI of the joint to determine the extent of the damage.
Have you seen Dr. Jason Holcomb, MD?
Are you Dr. Holcomb?

Hospitals where Dr. Holcomb has admitting privileges

Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
2333 Biddle Ave
Wyandotte, MI 48192

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Holcomb at Henry Ford Wyandotte Orthopaedic Specialists