Dr. Jason Garber, MD

Dr. Jason Garber, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Dr. Jason Garber, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Las Vegas, NV. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Garber is affiliated with Valley Hospital Medical Center, University Medical Center of Southern Nevada, St. Rose Dominican, San Martin Campus and MountainView Hospital.

Western Regional Brain and Spine Surgery

2471 Professional Ct

Las Vegas, NV 89128

• ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
  • Altius Health Plans
  • American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • Culinary Health Fund

Learn about Dr. Garber

See how frequently Dr. Garber performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Degenerative Disc Disease
Intervertebral Disc Disease
Herniated Disc Surgery

Dr. Garber's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Garber "I am a very conservative Neurosurgeon.  In most cases regarding the spine, surgery should be the last option for a patient, unless there is frank motor weakness or failure of conservative management.

It is also for patients to know that no surgery for the spine will alleviate 100% of pain and or functional deficits.  Any surgeon that tells you that they can alleviate 100% of your pain with surgery is lying to you.  I attempt to set realistic goals for my patients prior to surgery."

• Neurosurgery

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus

• Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Duke University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Baylor College Of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals
  • Med Coll Wisc/Milwaukee Co Med Complex
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Garber has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Garber does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Garber and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Garber's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Garber to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Garber Says:

I am a very conservative neurosurgeon.  Surgery is almost always the last option for a patient, unless they have frank neurologic deficits, or have failed conservative management.

I like to consider myself a perfectionist, but I am certainly not perfect.  Sometimes people have the perception that I "rush" or "do not spend enough time with them."  This is certainly not my...

Dr. Garber's Performance
Needles, CA |
Dr Garber is AMAZING... he did my cervical surgery in Aug 2017..... I CAN WALK, Step into the shower, CLIMB STAIRS and swing my legs into bed without help. Now with therapy, I am only using a cane...not the wheelchair. He gets right to the POINT...no beating around the bush ... Doc tells you what is wrong and what he will do to help you!!! AWESOME STAFF also.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Dr. Garber is one of the best Neurosurgeons in the country. He is very professional, with an excellent bedside manner. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of his services. Thank you Dr. Garber for all you have done in helping my mother have a quality of life. You have been a godsend. We have been to many doctors, and you by far have the most professional staff, and office I've seen! Best Regards, Peggy Holbrook (patient) & Sherri Wright (daughter)
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Garber was very thorough in evaluating and explaining my lower lumbar condition to me. He went over all the things necessary for me to know about my surgery and recovery period ahead of time. I felt very comfortable that I was in excellent hands and have received great care. It's been one month since my surgery. I'm healing well and don't need any pain meds or muscle relaxants anymore. My back pain is gone! I highly recommend him!.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Garber performed a fusion on my C-7 to T-1 . July 28 2017. This is not my first surgery. I had C-1 - C7 fused prior. My recovery has been amazing. The pain has been minimal. I will be having my lower lumbar coflexed within the next few weeks . I cannot wait to recover and start living again. I would highly recommend Doc
in Henderson, NV |
Absolutely the best in my opinion. Was in pain for years and Dr Garber recommended a L2 thru S1 laminectomy. Totally out of pain. You can't go wrong with Dr Garber and his excellent staff. They really care.
Las Vegas, NV |
I love Dr. Garber!!!!! He operated on my dad and thanks to him, my dad can finally move his neck and has energy. For years we were losing hope and Dr. Garber gave us faith once again. He is calm and kind. He is there to make sure we're prepare. I recommend him because he is realistic.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I was injured at work and it took workers comp almost 10 months to approve the surgery. My condition worsened during that time and two other surgeons said that the pain and in ability to move/control my lower extremities would more than likely be permanent. Dr. Garber is nothing short of a miracle worker. One surgeon suggested a full blown cage limiting my range of motion. Dr. Garber used cutting edge technology and was able to return me to the point where I can function. He is the best!
in Las Vegas, NV |
From the very first visit, despite my apprehension, i was confident that i could trust Dr.Garber to fix my 'drop-leg" problem,which he corrected100%, but in turn,found out that he also made a remarkable improvement in my chronic pain level. 8 yrs in pain.Dr. Barber is empathetic, realistic, amazing, positive,absolutely a master of this procedure. To my continued follow-ups and regular appointments, Complete care that surpasses a basic , average , medical professional/client relationship.Facts.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I WAS VERY PLEASE WITH THE WAY HE LISTENS TO YOU , HE IS A CONSIDER PERSON AND HE LOOK OVER EVERY OPTION BEFORE HE CONSIDER SURGERY AND LISTEN TO YOU AS A PERSON
Los Angeles, CA |
Great Doctor! Haven't had surgery yet but I am planning to. On another note the staff is the worst I have ever dealt with out of any office I have ever gone to. The front desk girl is extremely rude. Had a 930 appointment and took over 2 hours to get back. While we watched at least 10 people come and go after us.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I had debilitating lower back pain and was bed ridden for the past 3 years. I researched Garber and the procedure I was interested in. I was the last surgery of the day (laminectomy) L5- S1. My only complaint is he didn't talk to my family after surgery. Otherwise he fixed me and would let him cut on me again. Thank you for my life back!
in Henderson, NV |
Dr. Gerber is an excellent doctor. I'm amazed I can walk the next day with no pain.
in Las Vegas, NV |
What a terribly sad & disappointing experience that was for my husband & me. Justin his PA was warm & nice,but he seemed to be the one who makes the decision & relayed to the Surgeon,who used to enjoy very good reputation as a Caring , knowledgeable & highly experienced Neurosurgeon. Something has obviously changed & the lovely Doctor,took entire 5 minutes ,minus 3 min for a tel. Call to schedule a quick surgical procedure for the following morning at 6am . Minimal eye contact no time Q&A
in Las Vegas NV |
From entering the doors of Dr. Garber facility to being examed by him was very Professional, Informative, and Compatonat. I left his Dr. Office in a state of Shock and Relieve because Not only do he care, he listened to me. He explain fully about what was wrong with me, Dr. Garber made sure I completely understood his diagnosis of my situation. He let me Know what was needed to be done, why and the outcome of the surgery that I needed. I'm getting better since my surgery. I recommend him to all.
in las vegas, nv |
I first met Dr. Garber when I had an emergent need for him. His calming manner filled us with trust from the very first minute. His explanation for my need for a craniotomy was easy for me to understand. He answered every question before I could ask it. I saw him before surgery which was very reassuring. My experience in is office was great. Every member of his staff knows their job and does it with a smile!
Las Vegas, NV |
A year and a half after having a discectomy at 2 levels with Dr. Garber, I was still in a tremendous amount of pain. I could not get in to see him FOR TWO MONTHS. At appointment time, it was standing room only in the waiting room. Not sure how they manage the appointment schedule, but I'm not impressed. When I finally went back to be seen, his PA Dustin was the one to spend any amount of time with me. Dr. G ordered some tests (MRI CT Xray) which I had and now can't get in until 4/21. Frustrating
in Bullhead City, AZ |
I would highly recommend Dr. Garber to anyone thinking of having back surgery. He is so wonderful. I am 5 weeks out from survey and so much better. He has truly givin me my life back. He is very kind and caring. His staff is also wonderful. The whole experience was very good.
in Las Vegas, NV |
After many months of extreme pain and loss of bladder and bowel control a MRI showed a fracture between S1-S2. Dr Jason Garber was fantastic from first visit on! His scheduler, Lise, went well beyond her job title in helping me get ready for surgery! His PA, Dustin, was also very helpful! He did a S1-S2 laminectomy on me on Nov 14. He has literally given me new life! I still go twice a week to PT and I now do many many things by myself with no help that I've been unable to do since July 2016
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Garber is very easy to listen to. He explains everything in terms people understand. He did surgery on my back for a stimulator implant. He made me feel very comfortable and now the pain is alot less than it was. Thank you Dr. Garber I wish there were more doctors and surgeons like you.
in Nv |
Interior/exterior L4-S1 and two years is coming up soon and two years later this is the biggest worst mistake of Mylife!! There was not one decent post follow up appointment with him. He went on vacation immediately after my surgery and I spent three weeks nearly died in the hospital. He argued with me once, that since I got out of the chair to greet him into the room that it was in his medical opinion that I was 100%? I told him repeatedly there was something wrong! He was only concerned about
in North Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Garber repaired herniated discs in my neck. He and hes staff answered all my questions and explained my alternatives. After my MRIs showed a serious problem he scheduled me for surgery right away. After a successful surgery he scheduled me for physical therapy. He and his staff were very courteous throughout my experience. I never had a long wait for any of my appointments.
in North las Vegas |
I was in terrible lower back pain. I chose Dr. Jason Garber based on his overall reviews. I was very happy with him. He ended up doing three lamenectomies and implanting two Coflex. I had surgery on Thursday and was home by Saturday. Six weeks later I am lower back pain-free. Sure I still have pain, but it is post-surgery pain - nothing to do with the implants. I am very happy with the Coflex devices vs. rods and screws. He is an EXCELLENT Surgeon who I would highly recommend, cheerful too!
in Las Vegas, NV |
Hopefully I will not experience any additional problems, but if I did I would not hesitate to return to Dr. Garber's attention. he did a masterful job in surgery, and his follow ups are efficient and straightforward. His care was much appreciated.
in Fort Mohave,, AZ |
Had a cyst removed from my spine by Dr. Garber. First relief I have felt for over a year and a half. Dr. Garber was extremely professional in every aspect. He has my very highest recommendation.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Incredible experience. I was very apprehensive on my initial visit, didn't really like the idea of spinal surgery, however after 2 minutes with both Dr Garber and his PA Dustin pretty much all my concerns were gone. I felt I was speaking with friends who honestly cared about my outcome. Dr Garber's comment to me was "let me give you your life back" which he did. Four months post surgery I was at 95% and on with my life. I can't thank Dr Garber and his staff enough. Amazing individuals.
in Las Vegas, NV |
More than 4 years ago, my back pain became severe and was interfering with my quality of life. I saw several doctors who did little to help. This year (2016), I found my way to Dr. Garber. The day I met him, he said "We have to fix this". And he did. I had a laminectomy which took my pain level from a 9 to 1 the day after surgery. Dr. Garber fully explained what he wanted to do, why I needed to do it, and why he should be my surgeon. The best part? His confidence. It takes your worries away.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Garber is very conservative and did not push me into surgery like the others in this town.
Henderson, NV |
Dr. Garber has been my neurosurgeon for several years. Foremost, he has a very conservative approach, which is why I recommend him to anyone who asks. He has a very pleasant personality, is approachable, but most importantly, he is extremely qualified. The confidence he has in the recommended treatment is so encouraging and has been 'right on' in each instance.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Garber is simply a fantastic doctor he made me feel comfortable the 1st second I met him & he did not hesitate to answer all 20 of my question I had about the the surgery. I also told Dr. Garber I wanted to get a second opinion but after speaking to my doctor, counselor, psychiatrists he came highly recommended my mother and I decided that Dr. Garber would be the best choice to do my Fusion ALIF surgery. All his staff is so polite and I am so glad that I had the surgery done.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I couldn't say enough good about Dr. Garber and his staff... Purely excellent!!!!
in Las Vegas, NV |
He was easy to talk to and explained everything to me before having neck surgery. Anytime i had other questions i was able to call and get a return call that day as well as an extra appointment to ease my mind. The surgery went well, recovery was fast and now i have almost no pain. The only problem was getting through their phone system to make an appt which several had to be changed due to dr scheduling conflicts.
in Las Vegas , NV |
Dr Garber saved my life ! Now I must tell you that he is very busy so expect him to be in and out of your room but he is an excellent surgeon ! I am 28 years old and about 2 years ago I started to develop debilitating back pain and neck pain. I went to dr Garber and it turns out I had a severely herniated disc in my L5 S1 . I tried injections and physical therapy to no avail . I had a spinal fusion last November and I feel amazing ! I also had 2 bulging discs in my neck that he fixed!
in Las Vegas, NV |
I owe the most to Dr.Garber, i have had 2 surgeries with dr. garber and both were extensive surgeries...1 disc replacement L5 and screws, .bars,fusions ect..i upon awakening instantly felt my legs from the knees down,i struggled before surgery everyday to walk it was horrible.everything has been great now .i cant thank Dr.Garber and his staff enough honestly im forever gratefull. my neck 5 disk replacement,fusions,9 screws ect. First time in a long time FINALLY Im not suffering anymore.Thank You
in Las Vegas, NV |
You can find no better neurosurgeon than Dr. Garber. He was referred to me by a friend who had back surgery. I had a 3 level laminectomy with CoFlex implants. I walked 5 flights of stairs the same day I had the surgery pain free. I had been on crutches for 6 months with terrible pain beforehand. His practice is incredibly responsive to your emails and calls. I can't say enough about how pleased I am.
in Las Vegas, NV |
He has operated on my neck twice. Both surgeries were successful. I think he is an excellent Doctor.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Extremely professional, answered all my question thoroughly & made me feel very relaxed about my surgery. My experience with Dr. Garber has been nothing but stellar!!
in Las Vegas, NV |
I did not want just any Doctor to do the surgery, I did my homework and found Dr. Garber to be thorough, polite, and well mannered, above all, having gone through this before, I could tell he knew what he was talking about. He did not come across as a surgeon who couldn't wait to to operate. All the entities that he sent me to in advance had nothing but positive remarks about him as a Doctor, including my new neighbor. The choice was the right one. Shots never lasted long.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Garber was thorough and helpful, when my other surgeon was at a loss on what to do. Dr. Garber performed a fusion on L3-L4 and for the first time after my previous surgeries left me with more pain then before, I feel better. My back pain is minimal and I am sleeping at least 8 hrs every night. Would highly recommend as a surgeon.
in Las Vegas, NV |
All the Hype about this doctor on Health Grades was a true let down. While the staff was average, the visit with Dr. Garber was a huge disappointment. He was very quick,had no time to listen or address our concerns. We wanted to discuss alternatives but he had nothing to say except to push me to have an invasive type of x-ray. All in all this doctor is far too busy to actual have a true understanding on my condition.
in Las Vegas, NV |
All I can say is the man definitely knows his stuff, surgery went amazingly...recovery was quick and planning on a second procedure.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I would and have recommended Dr. Garber and the Coflex Implant for those who are eligible for this surgery. After 9 months of pain level 9 I had the surgery and my neuropathy pain has decreased by 95%! I found Dr. Garber to be direct and concise with his information and his care. I was comfortable with him and never found him to be arrogant or hard to reach.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Easy to talk to,listened to my concerns. I am an active senior so back surgery for me was a big deal. I was up and walking by day 2 day three I was outside on the hospital grounds. by week 2 first time walking without a cane or walker or anything in 3 yrs. . It has been 2 months and I am walking 2-3 miles every day my life is bake to being active.
Las Vegas, NV |
My medical history was fairly simple and uncomplicated before I became a pedestrian crosswalk victim. Even at my age, late 50's, I was unaccustomed to tests, procedures and being in and out of Dr's offices all the time. Basically AFRAID of everything. Dr.Garber put me at ease immediately. I had no fear of him whatsoever. He did a 4 disk cervical fusion and had immediate relief from several symptoms. I trust this Dr 100% .... would HIGHLY recommend him. He really WILL answer your questions.
N Las Vegas, NV |
Overall Dr Garber provided excellent care for my lumbar disc herniation. I thought his approach was well-balanced between aiming for conservative treatment while watching for increases in severity. I was very satisfied with my surgical experience with him.
in North Las Vegas |
Dr. Garber kept me informed about everything and reassured me and answered every question to my satisfaction. He has an excellent bedside manner and I felt relief immediately upon waking from surgery.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Garber was great with us. My husband had to have back surgery. Dr. Garber made time to answer all of my questions and his office staff was very helpful. He is a busy guy, but I haven't had any problems with his attentiveness to my husband.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Garber has performed 4 neck and 1 lower back surgeries on me. Most recently he implanted an occipital nerve stimulator that has changed my life. Thought still not widely used, the occipital nerve stimulator has reduced my chronic migraines from everyday to 1 or 2 a week. It gave me back a quality of life and a life that I can begin to enjoy. He is a very knowledgeable Dr whose heart is as grand as his skill. I would NEVER consider a different dr.
in Las Vegas, NV |
a terrible experience. dr. garber performed unneccesary back surgery and now i will suffer the rest of my life. he was quick to diagnose me and bamboozled me into the emergency room to perform a cervical stenosis operation when it turns out i had cushings syndrome. had he only taken a little more time and investigated a little further. his patient overload is enormous and his bedside manor is non existent. i would not recommend this dr. to my worst enemy
in LV NV |
Had first surgery 1 year ago. Having my second in 2 weeks. Heis an awesome physician and pleasant human being who truly cares for patients.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Excellent experience. Tells it like it is. Would have no one else!
Have you seen Dr. Jason Garber, MD?
Are you Dr. Garber?

Visit Dr. Garber

Dr. Garber accepts 27 insurance carriers
  • ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
    Advantage Health Solutions
    Worker's Compensation WC
  • Culinary Health Fund
    Emblem Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance