Dr. Jason E. Garber, MD

Dr. Jason E. Garber, MD

Neurosurgery | Male | 47 years old

I am a very conservative Neurosurgeon. In most cases regarding the spine, surgery should be the last option for a patient, unless there is frank motor weakness or failure of conservative management. It is also for patients to know that no surgery for the spine will alleviate 100% of pain and or functional deficits. Any surgeon that tells you that they can alleviate 100% of your pain with surgery is lying to you. I attempt to set realistic goals for my patients prior to surgery.Read more

Western Regional Center for Brain and Spine Surgery

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Garber's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Garber's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Garber

Dr. Garber accepts 26 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Garber has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Garber's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Garber to family and friends
4.1
Experience with Dr. Garber
Dr. Garber's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (110)
Dr. Jason E. Garber, MD says

I am a very conservative neurosurgeon.  Surgery is almost always the last option for a patient, unless they have frank neurologic deficits, or have failed conservative management.

I like to consider myself a perfectionist, but I am certainly not perfect.  Sometimes people have the perception that I "rush" or "do not spend enough time with them."  This is certainly not my intention.  I am certainly happy to spend as much time with you to explain your condition and answer your questions, but no more.  I make it a point to review your imaging studies with you personally, and ask you at the end of your appointment whether or not you have any additional questions.

PLEASE make sure that you feel as if I have answered your questions prior to leaving.  If I have not, please do not hesitate to stop me, and ask them.

I care very much about my patients, and want them to do well.  Thank you very much for your time reading my profile, and allowing me the opportunity to care for you.

in Las Vegas, NV |
I couldn't say enough good about Dr. Garber and his staff... Purely excellent!!!!
in Las Vegas, NV |
He was easy to talk to and explained everything to me before having neck surgery. Anytime i had other questions i was able to call and get a return call that day as well as an extra appointment to ease my mind. The surgery went well, recovery was fast and now i have almost no pain. The only problem was getting through their phone system to make an appt which several had to be changed due to dr scheduling conflicts.
in Las Vegas , NV |
Dr Garber saved my life ! Now I must tell you that he is very busy so expect him to be in and out of your room but he is an excellent surgeon ! I am 28 years old and about 2 years ago I started to develop debilitating back pain and neck pain. I went to dr Garber and it turns out I had a severely herniated disc in my L5 S1 . I tried injections and physical therapy to no avail . I had a spinal fusion last November and I feel amazing ! I also had 2 bulging discs in my neck that he fixed!
in Las Vegas, NV |
I owe the most to Dr.Garber, i have had 2 surgeries with dr. garber and both were extensive surgeries...1 disc replacement L5 and screws, .bars,fusions ect..i upon awakening instantly felt my legs from the knees down,i struggled before surgery everyday to walk it was horrible.everything has been great now .i cant thank Dr.Garber and his staff enough honestly im forever gratefull. my neck 5 disk replacement,fusions,9 screws ect. First time in a long time FINALLY Im not suffering anymore.Thank You
in Las Vegas, NV |
You can find no better neurosurgeon than Dr. Garber. He was referred to me by a friend who had back surgery. I had a 3 level laminectomy with CoFlex implants. I walked 5 flights of stairs the same day I had the surgery pain free. I had been on crutches for 6 months with terrible pain beforehand. His practice is incredibly responsive to your emails and calls. I can't say enough about how pleased I am.
in Las Vegas, NV |
He has operated on my neck twice. Both surgeries were successful. I think he is an excellent Doctor.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Extremely professional, answered all my question thoroughly & made me feel very relaxed about my surgery. My experience with Dr. Garber has been nothing but stellar!!
in Las Vegas, NV |
I did not want just any Doctor to do the surgery, I did my homework and found Dr. Garber to be thorough, polite, and well mannered, above all, having gone through this before, I could tell he knew what he was talking about. He did not come across as a surgeon who couldn't wait to to operate. All the entities that he sent me to in advance had nothing but positive remarks about him as a Doctor, including my new neighbor. The choice was the right one. Shots never lasted long.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Garber was thorough and helpful, when my other surgeon was at a loss on what to do. Dr. Garber performed a fusion on L3-L4 and for the first time after my previous surgeries left me with more pain then before, I feel better. My back pain is minimal and I am sleeping at least 8 hrs every night. Would highly recommend as a surgeon.
in Las Vegas, NV |
All the Hype about this doctor on Health Grades was a true let down. While the staff was average, the visit with Dr. Garber was a huge disappointment. He was very quick,had no time to listen or address our concerns. We wanted to discuss alternatives but he had nothing to say except to push me to have an invasive type of x-ray. All in all this doctor is far too busy to actual have a true understanding on my condition.
in Las Vegas, NV |
All I can say is the man definitely knows his stuff, surgery went amazingly...recovery was quick and planning on a second procedure.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I would and have recommended Dr. Garber and the Coflex Implant for those who are eligible for this surgery. After 9 months of pain level 9 I had the surgery and my neuropathy pain has decreased by 95%! I found Dr. Garber to be direct and concise with his information and his care. I was comfortable with him and never found him to be arrogant or hard to reach.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Easy to talk to,listened to my concerns. I am an active senior so back surgery for me was a big deal. I was up and walking by day 2 day three I was outside on the hospital grounds. by week 2 first time walking without a cane or walker or anything in 3 yrs. . It has been 2 months and I am walking 2-3 miles every day my life is bake to being active.
Las Vegas, NV |
My medical history was fairly simple and uncomplicated before I became a pedestrian crosswalk victim. Even at my age, late 50's, I was unaccustomed to tests, procedures and being in and out of Dr's offices all the time. Basically AFRAID of everything. Dr.Garber put me at ease immediately. I had no fear of him whatsoever. He did a 4 disk cervical fusion and had immediate relief from several symptoms. I trust this Dr 100% .... would HIGHLY recommend him. He really WILL answer your questions.
N Las Vegas, NV |
Overall Dr Garber provided excellent care for my lumbar disc herniation. I thought his approach was well-balanced between aiming for conservative treatment while watching for increases in severity. I was very satisfied with my surgical experience with him.
in North Las Vegas |
Dr. Garber kept me informed about everything and reassured me and answered every question to my satisfaction. He has an excellent bedside manner and I felt relief immediately upon waking from surgery.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Garber was great with us. My husband had to have back surgery. Dr. Garber made time to answer all of my questions and his office staff was very helpful. He is a busy guy, but I haven't had any problems with his attentiveness to my husband.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Garber has performed 4 neck and 1 lower back surgeries on me. Most recently he implanted an occipital nerve stimulator that has changed my life. Thought still not widely used, the occipital nerve stimulator has reduced my chronic migraines from everyday to 1 or 2 a week. It gave me back a quality of life and a life that I can begin to enjoy. He is a very knowledgeable Dr whose heart is as grand as his skill. I would NEVER consider a different dr.
in Las Vegas, NV |
a terrible experience. dr. garber performed unneccesary back surgery and now i will suffer the rest of my life. he was quick to diagnose me and bamboozled me into the emergency room to perform a cervical stenosis operation when it turns out i had cushings syndrome. had he only taken a little more time and investigated a little further. his patient overload is enormous and his bedside manor is non existent. i would not recommend this dr. to my worst enemy
in LV NV |
Had first surgery 1 year ago. Having my second in 2 weeks. Heis an awesome physician and pleasant human being who truly cares for patients.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Excellent experience. Tells it like it is. Would have no one else!
in North Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Garber is an outstanding doctor. Prior to being referred to Dr. Garber I had excruciating back pain which radiated down my left leg to my foot for 6 months. He reviewed my MRI results, explained the problem and provided treatment options. I opted for lumbar spine surgery and within a few days after surgery I was walking around without back, leg and foot pain. I would be remiss if I didn't compliment his medical and admin staff for their outstanding work both pre and post op. Thanks again.
in Pioche, NV |
Dr Garber has preformed two surgerys on me. The first was my neck and the second was on my lower back. Both was extremely successful. The first I was loosing the us of my right arm and hand. I had complete use of both. There was zero discomfort immediately after the surgery. The low back also was a complete success. I was to the point that I was loosing the the ability to walk, I could only shuffle. The next day I was doing laps around the nurse station walking not shufflin
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Garber gave me my life back! After being bedridden for 3 months with a herniated lumbar disc and pain meds weren't helping, I was referred to Dr. Garber. I had surgery 2 weeks later and woke up with no sciatic leg or hip pain. It was the miracle I had been praying for. Dr Garber is a very skilled surgeon and compassionate doctor. Dustin, his PA, and the office staff are always willing to help with what ever you need. Thank you Dr. Garber. I only wish I had surgery months earlier.
in North Las Vegas, NV |
Jason E Garber M.D. is a outstanding Dr. . I've been dealing with massive tingling in my right arm, hand and finger's for over 5 years. When I brought in my MRI picture's Dr. Garber found the problem after turning it into a 3D picture. Dr. Garber performed surgery on my cervical spine December 7 with great results, he found my 5th disc was herniated with a tear, I am home recovering doing quite well. I am so happy that I went to c Dr. Jason Garber. Margret
Have you seen Dr. Jason E. Garber, MD?

• Neurosurgery
  • Minimally Invasive Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Garber's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Garber says..

Following my Neurological Surgery Residency, I completed a one year minimally invasive and complex reconstructive spinal fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin prior to making Las Vegas my home.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Acoustic Neuroma
  • Aneurysm
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Garber says..

The majority of my practice focuses on minimally invasive and complex spine reconstruction of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.

However, I also treat intracranial conditions such as brain tumors, peripheral nerve injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, and chronic pain conditions such as RSD and neuropathy.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

University of Texas Medical School At San Antonio

Graduated in 1995

Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals

Completed in 1996

Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals
    Med Coll Wisc/Milwaukee Co Med Complex
    Duke University

Dr. Garber has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Garber does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Garber and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Garber's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Garber

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Garber's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Garber

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Garber's Care Philosophy

I am a very conservative Neurosurgeon.  In most cases regarding the spine, surgery should be the last option for a patient, unless there is frank motor weakness or failure of conservative management.

It is also for patients to know that no surgery for the spine will alleviate 100% of pain and or functional deficits.  Any surgeon that tells you that they can alleviate 100% of your pain with surgery is lying to you.  I attempt to set realistic goals for my patients prior to surgery.