Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Jason Flicker, MD
Dr. Jason Flicker, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Wantagh, NY. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Flicker is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital Syosset and North Shore University Hospital.

South Shore Eye Care

2185 Wantagh Ave

Wantagh, NY 11793

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Connecticare
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Locals (any local)
  • MagnaCare
  • National Elevator

Learn about Dr. Flicker

Dr. Flicker's Experience

Dr. Flicker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Laser Cataract Surgery
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Syracuse University
  • Catholic Med Center Brroklyn and Queens
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • N Shore University Hospital Manhassat
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Flicker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Flicker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Flicker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Flicker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Flicker to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Flicker's Performance
Merrick, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Flicker for 8 years. During that time he has performed successful cataract surgeries on both eyes and generally provided regular check-ups and care. He has always provided the best professional service and does not disappoint. I recommend Dr. Flicker to all my family and friends.
in Massapequa Park, NY |
Definitely would
in East Meadow |
Dr Flicker is one of the best !!! He takes his time with you to explain everything and is very concerned about your situation. He answers all your questions and makes you feel at ease. He has just recently diagnosed my retinal detachment and recommended me to a very good retina surgeon who has taken care of me ! I highly recommend Dr Flicker !!!
Uniondale, NY |
I had gone for a routine eye exam and Dr. Flicker decided he wanted to check my carotid arteries in my neck. Thanks to Dr. Flicker, it was discovered that I had a slight blockage in my right carotid artery. I made an appointment with my cardiologist and he started me on medication. If it wasn't for Dr. Flicker I could have gone years without knowing.
Smithtown, NY |
Dr. Flicker performed laser corrective surgery for me five years ago. I have been in his care since and have only experience the most professional care in this time. My vision is 20/20 and I couldn't be happier with the experience.
Wantagh, NY |
Dr. Flicker did an excellent job with both of my cataract surgeries. I've repeatedly recommended him to many family members, who have also been pleased with this work and steady hand.
Massapequa Park, NY |
Dr Flicker was wonderful for my recent cataract surgery. I was a bit nervous. He calmed me by his confidence and caring attitude, I highly recommend him.
Bellmore, NY |
I've had problems with my eye since I was a young teenager, due to a benign cyst. A series of operations left scar tissue that led to a secondary cataract and for the past forty years, I've lived with pain in my eye and a cloud. Every doctor that I had seen before I met Doctor Flicker in 2012 wanted to operate. Doctor Flicker not only alleviated the pain, he improved the appearance of my eye, all without surgery. I cannot say enough good things about him. He truly is a doctor who cares.
in East Meadow, NY |
He's the best. I've never had one speck of a problem in my 7+ yrs. of using Dr. Flicker. He's thorough way beyond most, answers my many questions with full explanations resulting in little, if any, confusion and is always a pleasure to deal with - personable and polite. It's one of the very few MD's I can without reservation say that I can't remember a single negative experience I've had interacting with this doctor or any of the staff who work there.
in Levittown, NY |
Dr. Flicker is the most caring and knowledgable Doctor I have ever gone to. I highly recommend South Shore Eye Care. The staff is just as sweet as Dr. Flicker.
in SEAFORD |
I have been a patient of Dr. Flicker for over 10 yrs. Dr. Flicker performed lasik surgery to correct my distance vision and several years later, cataract surgery on both eyes. Since I had lasik surgery in the past, he discussed monovision when my cataract surgery was scheduled. The results far exceed my expectations. He is an extremely thorough, highly skilled surgeon and is very comforting during surgery. I trust his, opinions and advice and recommend him to family and friends.
in Levittown,NY |
Flicker is by far not your greatest choice. I strongly reccomend trying a different office first. He will rush you through your appointment and not go over any important information. I promise you will leave with with questions. Flicker is highly uneducated in the department of dry eyes. He once gave a sample of visine to treat chronic redness. Visine is extremely bad for your eyes and causes rebound redness. Flicker insists that using steroids long term is the solution. Much better drs than him
in massapequa park,ny |
Would recommend Dr Flicker to anyone. I just had laser cataract on both eyes in 1 month. He was talking to me during procedures letting me know all was perfect and almost done. My eyes are perfect I wear no glasses at all and went back to the courts in 3 days. He is the Best!!!
in Massapequa, NY |
Years ago, I was referred by a young family member to South Shore Eye Care, specifically Dr. Jason Flicker. I cannot express how fortunate I am to be treated by him for the past few years. As senior citizen, proper medical care is VERY important to me. Not only am I super satisfied with the care I receive from Dr. Flicker as far as his knowledge, professionalism, and his personal interest in me and all the other attributes he shows, but his Staff also displays the highest level of satisfati
in Wantagh, NY |
My family has been using Dr. Flicker for many years, my mother recently had to have cataract surgery. She was extremely nervous, Dr. Flicker and his staff were great with her! The surgery was very simple, done in Garden City. Excellent results!
in Levittown, NY |
Dr. Flicker performed laser cataract surgery on both my eyes. I insisted on monovision and the results are beyond excellent. I can see pretty much everything without any problems. I only wear glasses for night driving and I already have those glasses.
in Hauppauge, NY 11788 |
I have read many of the reviews made by other patients. They are all to the point and reflective of his personality and professional competence; most importantly he cares about people. Dr. Flicker has been my eye doctor for more than 20 years.
in New York |
Dr Flicker is an exceptional eye doctor. Easy to speak to and explains all procedures in detail. Highly recommended.
in Westbury, NY 11590 |
Dr. Flicker saved my life. Because he knew that pulsatile tinnitus often indicates a disorder in blood flow, he did a doppler of my carotid arteries and discovered an 80% stenosis. This led to a stress test EKG which revealed heart damage, and three days later I underwent successful open chest heart surgery, followed by an endarterectomy to unblock my right carotid artery. His alert knowledgeability spared me a heart attack and/or stroke. He is a great doctor.
in Merrick, NY |
Short examination, but my condition is fairly obvious. He was very kind, courteous and professional. He gave excellent and specific advice.
in merrrick, NY |
I have been using Dr. Flicker for many years. I had cataract surgery last week. He explained everything well and gave me my options. The surgery was done at a local facility. A week later I went back and good all is great with the eye. I would certainly recommend using him.
in Merrick, NY |
Corrective cataract surgery- very successful! Would recommend Dr. F. and his whole staff.
Wantagh, NY |
Dr Flicker has been my doctor for many years. I recently had cataract surgeries and vision correction -- Dr Flicker explained the procedures and was comforting during each surgery. The after care I have received has been thorough and caring. I trust Dr Flicker's opinions and advice.
Thank you, Dr. Flicker for restoring my eyesight. You are a talented and skillful surgeon with the knowledge and confidence to operate without any complications. It doesn't get any better than that. The experience at the OR was pleasant, as far as any surgical procedure can be. The staff was professional, efficient, supportive, and comforting at all times. Follow up visits have been more of the same, with everyone involved happy for the successful operation. Thank you . I'll be seeing you.
in Wantagh, NY |
My experience with Dr. Jason Flicker of South Shore Eye Care has been exceptional. Dr. Flicker is personable, communicative and professional. I recently had cataract surgery in my right eye, and am anxiously awaiting surgery in my left eye. I chose multifocal lenses to free myself of glasses and contacts.
in Bethpage, NY |
Dr. Flicker was just what I look for in a doctor. Interested in me. He put me at ease and made me comfortable with everything he had to do. He performed cataract surgery painlessly and gave me lenses that freed me from having to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to see anything. He is an outstanding doctor and I highly recommend him!
in Massapequa, NY |
Very thorough examination and explains problems and procedures carefully and plainly
Have you seen Dr. Jason Flicker, MD?
Are you Dr. Flicker?

See our Ophthalmology Specialist at NYU Winthrop Hospital

Visit Dr. Flicker

Evening
Saturday
Dr. Flicker accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
    Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union WC
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO