Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Jason Eck, DO
Dr. Jason Eck has sub-specialty training in spine surgery and has authored more than 90 articles and 4 books. He has presented extensively at regional, national and international conferences. Dr. Eck is committed to alleviating pain and restoring function in those with spinal disorders. A native of Illinois with family ties to Tennessee, he later grew up in Topeka, Kansas. He then attended college at The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC, studying biomedical engineering. He continued his engineering studies and obtained a Master's Degree in biomedical engineering at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Prior to medical school, he worked as a research associate at The Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics. He completed medical school at The University of Health Sciences in Kansas City, Missouri, followed by an internship and orthopaedic surgery residency at Memorial Hospital in York, Pennsylvania, where he was named resident of the year. Following his residency he performed his spine surgery fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. At the completion of his fellowship, Dr. Eck served as an Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Massachusetts for over four years. Dr. Eck is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and has received numerous research awards from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Cervical Spine Research Society and Scoliosis Research Society.

McCallie Office

• Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Neighborhood Health Plan
  • Network Health

Learn about Dr. Eck

"A lot of times there is crossover between neck/shoulder and back/hip problems so it's nice that CSMO has specialists in each field to take care of patients regardless of what the problem is." – Dr. Jason Eck

Dr. Eck's Experience

Dr. Eck's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Eck does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Broken Neck
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Kansas City Univ Of Medicine Bioscience College Of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • Memorial Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Memorial Hospital
  • Mayo Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Eck has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Eck has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Eck does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Eck and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Eck's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Eck to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Eck Says:

Thank you for taking the time to review. We appreciate all feedback as our goal is to provide the best in patient care.

Dr. Eck's Performance
Hixson, TN |
Very nice and helpful staff. I didn't wait not even 5 min. Dr Eck is a very good doctor he listens and sympathetic to your concerns about your pain issues. I would highly recommend him. Great bedside manner. Great job
in Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Jason Eck is a very kind man, as well as doctor. He actually cares about the patients he treats, and their wellbeing. He does everything in his power to get a patient better with minimal invasive treatment. He is honest and ethical. I am so glad my primary physician referred me to him. He is fantastic.
in Wilmington, NC |
I owe Dr. Eck my everything. One of the most compassionate humble surgeons I've ever met. He fused me from c2-t2, posterior. His work was impeccable. I'd give anything to still have access to his practice.
Atlanta, GA |
Great Experience with Dr. Eck, I have chronic back and neck pain. Most of the time I can get a trigger point injection in the office, which helps ease the pain. Friendly and efficient office
in Chattanooga, TN |
great doctor, would recommend him to anybody for surgery. staff is great also. he explains everything to you so that understand everything. I would not go any where else for my spine care
in Chattanooga, TN |
He sent me for a MRI in an enclosed machine where They back you into it for 25 minutes. It took me a few times because it was stressing me out. So i go in today for a follow up to review the results and i tell Dr. Eck about the machine and i wish i knew there were up to date machines, with a sheepish grin because it was slightly humorous now. He gets SUPER defensive and starts being a complete jerk. He calls me a baby and it is my fault because i should have said i was afraid. NEVER USE HIM
in Chattanooga, TN |
I took the recommendations of a close friend and saw Dr. Eck about my sciatic nerve pain. An MRI revealed a massive herniated disk. He performed a microdiscectomy; the procedure was painless and I walked out of the hospital an hour later. I did great for about thirty days, but awakened to severe back pain and no mobility. Dr. Eck assured me that it was muscle spasms because of severe inflammation. I continued to improve a little everyday and have been very happy. Thanks Dr Eck for your patience.
in Lafayette Ga. |
Scheduled MRI for back injury. Was to go in 1 week for results. Was put off 1 week (dr family emergency). Finally diagnosed with herniated disc / pinched nerve. Prescribed meds and PT. No relief. He offered a epidural in 1 week. AGAIN.(family emergency) 2 weeks later,got the epidural. No relief. Pain meds and PT. No relief. Went back. Asked him to fill out some papers and he got aggravated as did I when he said he didn't know why I hurt. He said I need a second opinion. Unfriendly! UnPersonable!
in Chattanooga, TN |
Unfortunately this will be the first time I will rate any of the doctors at CSM as being so poor that I can't even give him one star. I actually have seen 3 other doctors there for many procedures in the last 20 years and would rate any of those three 5 stars. Dr. Eck was very rude and uncaring. He didn't take the time to even shake my hand or look at me when he introduced himself. After going to a different Spine specialist, we realized he had missed diagnosed me too. Appears to be arrogant.
We value all feedback and appreciate you taking the time to review us.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Eck really took the time to listen to my concerns and helped create a plan to reduce my pain and get me back in my running shoes. The procedure done went smoothly and was done in a timely manner. I appreciate Dr. Eck's amazing bedside manner and compassion. Highly recommended!
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Tina.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Performed discectomy, opened nerve passages in vertebrae, and spinal fusion to excellent results. Dr Eck was very knowledgeable and caring. Explored other options until surgery was the only option.
Thank you for taking the time to review us, David.
Have you seen Dr. Jason Eck, DO?

Visit Dr. Eck