Dr. Jason Darlington, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 48

Ophthalmology

Dr. Jason Darlington, MD is an Ophthalmology Specialist in Melbourne, FL and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of California, Davis, School Of Medicine in 2001. He is affiliated with Holmes Regional Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Jason Darlington, MD

The Eye Institute

1995 W Nasa Blvd Ste 200 Melbourne, FL 32904

Compare Dr. Jason Darlington, MD with other Ophthalmology Specialists near you

Dr. Darlington's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Darlington

Eyes work again
I believed my right eye was my good eye until Dr Darlington fixed my left eye. It is awesome to see good again. The staff at the Eye Institute and the Surgery center were very patient. I am not someone who like having my eyes probed. Dr Darlington did a great job and the staff is excellent.
Robert B – Jan 24, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Darlington, MD?
Dr. Darlington renewed my trust in Doctors.
After my experience in the last few years. I had lost all trust in the medical profession. My first surgery was painless and restored my vision in my right eye to 20/20 the following day. My second surgery was 2 weeks later and went even better. I have experienced no pain, very little irritation and I now have 20/20 vision in both eyes. I do not have the need for reading glasses or corrective lenses thanks to the gift that God has given Dr. Darlington!!! Thank you for using your gift to restore my sight to what it had been when I was a 20 year old man!
Darryl – Jan 20, 2023
Very organized practice
Every aspect of my cataract surgery was efficient and organized. From the consultation to the surgery to the follow up visit’s.
Jan 12, 2023
Fantastic Eye Doctor
I have been going to Dr. Darlington for several years after being referred to him. He has taken care of my eyes and when I needed to get cataract surgery a couple months back I knew I was in good hands. Very thankful for him and his staff.
William – Jan 02, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Darlington, MD?
The staff at The Eye Institute office were all very efficient & pleasant. The staff at the surgical center were over the top. Excellent, explaining everything they were doing & so very cordial. The whole process was a good experience. I upgraded lens, so the whole procedure was a total of $3280. My only disappointment is that I will go back for a refraction & they are charging $40. It is not the amount, but I guess the principal based on what I have already spent. Dr. Darlington was very professional & pleasant & obviously, based on my excellent vision, did a good job!!
Anne Simmons – Dec 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Darlington, MD?
I recently had lens implants done in both eyes by Dr. Darlington----the explanation of procedure and complete overview of the process was easily explained by Dr. Darlington and his staff. It is absolutely amazing to me the difference in my vision so quickly----I believe his education and experience, along with his skill, make such a delicate procedure seem routine. I am so thankful he was recommended to me, and am so grateful that the gift of my vision was in his hands. I would highly recommend Dr. Darlington for all eye care.
Barbara Nawrocki – Dec 04, 2022
Cataract Surgery
I have been wearing glasses since I was in the 7th grade, in other words, for over 60 years. Dr. Darlington performed Cataract Surgery on both of my eyes and I am so pleased. It was just a couple of days ago that he did my second eye, and I can see perfectly. His bedside manner was fantastic, and he explained everything to me in plain English, as well as answering all of my questions. All I can say is "Thank you Dr. Darlington". His staff, both at the Surgery Center and his Office, were just fantastic people. They were kind and thoughtful in every facet of this procedure. They too, deserve much praise.
Cataract Surgery – Nov 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Darlington, MD?
Pay close attention to your statment
This guy charges out procedure codes for surgeries he does not perform. Watch your statement, and if he did this to you, GO IN IMMEDIATELY (as i was told i should have done), to physically prove my claim. No follow up apt was ever even mentioned after my surgery, but I am still being held responsible for the balance of a procedure HE DID NOT complete.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
carrie yuhasz – Oct 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Darlington, MD?
Dr Darlington did my cataract removal. I know have 20/15 vision in both eyes and am beyond pleased.
Michelle Stacknick – Oct 07, 2022
cataract surgery
Dr. Darlington's staff was amazing! I really felt like I was in capable hands...and I liked their sense of humor. They brought my anxiety level way down. Dr. Darlington did a great job removing my cataracts.
Sep 19, 2022
Best staff ever
Professional, friendly staff you could tell how much they enjoyed their work. Dr Darlington delivered on my new lens. Need eye care then eye institute is the place to go.
Sep 11, 2022
5/5
Didn’t wait more than 5min in the waiting room For any appointment except 1 day post op which was with another provider! Dr Darlington & his employees were extremely professional with every experience explaining everything thorough & making me much more comfortable during lasik procedure! Now seeing 20/20 ! It’s life changing
Aug 29, 2022
Thank you, Dr. D!
Just had the cataract removed from my right eye yesterday, left one two weeks ago. I'm thrilled with the results! Didn't realize how progressively badly I had been seeing. I'm 20/20 in both eyes now. Yea, Dr. Darlington. Thank you! Yes, the waits are long, but the staff and service are excellent! I will highly recommend the good Doctor!
Donna – Aug 25, 2022
Absolutely Brilliant
I have had poor vision my entire life, with a large R-L difference, and have worn thick glasses since i was old enough to wear them. Now, a mere six decades later, I have better than perfect 20-15 vision in both eyes thanks entirely to Dr. Darlington. He is brilliant and gifted, and Brevard County is lucky to have access to such a world-class surgeon. If you need cataract surgery and value your vision DO NOT LET ANYONE ELSE TOUCH YOUR EYES. I am a retired biomedical engineer with world-stage experience and can assure you that the medical expertise at the Brevard Eye Institute is in a league of its own.
Terence Witt, CEO and Founder, Witt Biomedical – Aug 18, 2022
I CAN SEE AGAIN :)
I was pretty much a lost cause according to the Wilmer Eye Institute up near Washington DC. Years ago I ended up having a glaucoma attack in my left eye(I have the rare form of glaucoma). I was one of 2 patients in 20 years whom they were not able to put my actual lens back in afterwards. It not only happened to my left eye, but then happened to my right eye some 3 years later. I was pretty much blind, having to wear both contacts & glasses in order to see or I wore my “googly” glasses as I called them which distorted everything if I had to walk anywhere. I was given no hope UNTIL I walked into Dr Darlington’s office where his first words out of his mouth was why hasn’t anyone ever told you of secondary lenses. Here I am some 3 months later with a new lease on life where I am seeing better than before my glaucoma attacks(and I was almost blind in my left eye beforehand). All I need now are readers & I couldn’t be more thankful!!! Thank you Dr D & very helpful & polite staff :)
Colleen Kaminski – Aug 16, 2022
Was helpful and reassuring
Answered my questions
Norma Bollhoefer – Jul 12, 2022
Life Changing
?I read all the reviews on Dr. Darlington prior to my surgery that along with the highly complementary recommendation of my wonderful optometrist, Dr.Leanne Mandesi I decided Dr Darlington had the credentials I sought and was the ophthalmologist for me. Now I don’t want to get philosophical and certainly not religious but my experience was akin to God saying,” let there be light!” I have been what you call almost legally blind my entire life. Big thick glasses corrected with contact lenses. Cataracts were so bad optometrist said they were the color of tobacco ….enter Dr. Darlington. All the money and years of education that it took to bring him to the level and standard that he is performing his job/passion has seemingly paid off. I want to thank you for your dedication to your craft and the miracle that you impart to all of your patients. You, have changed my life and I thank you so much. Sincerely, Carolyn Abshire
Carolyn Abshire – Jun 25, 2022
Never again
This guy has the worst God complex of anyone I have ever met. I went for my consultation during a surge of the Covid pandemic. The waiting room had between 50 and 75 people sitting shoulder to shoulder. I waited just under two hours. A doctor breezed into the room. He did not introduce himself and proceeded to tell me what he was going to do with my cataract surgery. This information did not match what my optometrist had recommended so I tried to ask questions. My questions were completely ignored. There was no discussion. I was with this person for less than three minutes (after waiting nearly two hours) who was going to cut into my eyes. My gut told me to run and find someone else. I stuck with him because my optometrist had a lot of confidence in him. Big mistake. Six months after my surgery we are now trying to find a way to correct my vision with glasses because he implanted the wrong lenses. He is not at all interested in his patients and way too arrogant to be able
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Vicki – May 30, 2022
Very happy with his job
Wonderful doctor took great Care of me
Wayne murray – May 25, 2022
Crisp and Clear Vision
I highly recommend Dr. Darlington for cataract surgery! Dr. Darlington operated cataracts on both of my eyes. He was absolutely amazing. I never imagined that my vision would be this good ever again. It feels like HD Tv now! Thanks Dr. Darlington!
Svetlana F. – May 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Darlington, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Darlington?