Dr. Jason Banks, MD

Dr. Jason Banks, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Spine & Neuro 201 Governors Dr SW Huntsville, AL 35801 Get Directions

Dr. Banks' Experience

See how Dr. Banks' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Banks

Dr. Banks accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Banks has admitting privileges.

Dr. Banks' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Banks to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Banks Says:

Dr. Banks' Performance
Atlanta, GA |
Dr Banks is a very talented Doctor, he's stright to the point. If you want to be babied then he is not for you. I'd rather have a doctor that knows what he's doing, and tells me what I need to know with out wasting my time.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Banks is the best! He really cares for his patients. He explains everything very well and wants to make sure that you know exactly what is going on. Dr. Banks will do anything in his power to make his patients feel better. He has operated on my dad and grandfather and had major success with both surgeries! He is a straight shooter and gets to the point. Dr. Banks will always be my neurosurgeon of choice, he is great. I HIGHLY reccomend Dr. Banks to anyone!
Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Banks is great! He does an incredible job of explaining the diagnosis and treatment plans. He is very straight up, and will tell you like it is. He has done surgery on multiple members of my family, and I would reccomend him to anyone. It can be hard to get an appointment sometimes, as with any other neurosurgeon, but Dr. Banks I'd definitely worth the wait! He will do anything in his power to make his patients feel better!
in Athens,al |
He is the most insulting doctor ive ever seen. He is very unprofessional and rather than help people he hurts them. I would let him be a doctor to my dog!
Raleigh, NC |
He is very unprofessional. He should not have a doctors license. Treated me tetrible.
in decatur, al |
Dr. Banks is keeping a close check on my special needs brothers pituitary gland tumor.He explains things in a way we can understand so we can make the best decisions possible. He never rushes us and is a very nice and caring doctor.
in Hartselle, AL |
Dr Banks has performed 3 surgeries for me! Two to repair my lumbar region and just 18 days ago for cervical diskectomy! I would definitely recommend Dr. Banks, I have full trust in his knowledge and abilities!
in Albertville, AL |
I had a laminectomy on July 19th for spinal stenosis. I had been in pain for over a year. Local doctor was treating me for a herniated disc with epidural blocks. I would have relief for maybe 3 weeks. Dr. Banks was very good in explaining the stenosis and how a laminectomy could help. There was no pressure from him to have surgery, it was my decision. I am 1 1/2 weeks completely pain free! I saw Dr. Banks a total of about 5 times. He is very personable. I highly recommend him!
in Tuscumbia, AL |
Two ruptured disks at L4, L5 Disk fragments on nerve causing extreme pain. Dr Banks told me 80% he could remove all pain. Surgery was a complete success. I found him very personable Whatever I asked him , or his staff for. I got. Complete professional. I have such a small incision on my back. I find it amazing that he could do anything for me.. Surgery, and home the same day.
in Washington, DC |
My mother had surgery with Dr. Banks recently and have been in pain for over 2 weeks. It took several tries to get an appointment. Dr. Banks was rude and nonchalant when she was finally seen by him. He did not take the time to explain anything and when asked a question his response was short and unconcerned. His has a very uptight disposition. I would not RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE!
in Madison, al |
Had neurosurgery with Dr. Banks and am now mostly blind. It is hard to get real information from Dr. Banks, as he is a very casual Dr. and doesn't take the time to explain things really well. I was discharged from the hospital after surgery and re-admitted the next day because I was in such a bad condition.
in Athens AL |
I was barely able to walk because of a rupture disc that was pressing on the nerve. I had extreme pain from that I thought would never end. Finally, after talking to a friend, she recommend that I see her doctor, Dr. Jason Banks. Saw him on a Wednesday & had surgery the next day!! After waking up from surgery I saw immediate relief! My feet hit the ground and I wasn't in that excruciating pain as I was before!! I recommend this man to everyone! Thanks dr.!! ??
Have you seen Dr. Jason Banks, MD?
Are you Dr. Banks?

Compare Dr. Banks

Dr. Banks' Care Philosophy

Superior in Comprehensive Spine Care

Dr. Banks says...

Dr. Banks' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Banks has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Banks' Board Certifications

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Ear Disorders
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus

University Of Alabama Birmingham Hospitals

Completed in 2005

Huntington

Graduated in 1994

Dr. Banks does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Banks and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty