General Surgery  |
Dr. Jarrod Kaufman, MD
Dr. Jarrod Kaufman, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Brick, NJ. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Kaufman is affiliated with Southern Ocean Medical Center, Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Ocean Medical Center, Centrastate Medical Center and Monmouth Medical Center- Southern Campus.

Brick Office

525 Route 70 Ste 1B

Brick, NJ 08723

Dr. Jarrod Kaufman, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • EmblemHealth
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Kaufman

We are dedicated to providing all of our patients with quality surgical care using proven and innovative surgical techniques. Our compassionate muti-lingual staff and surgeons seek to make our patients each feel like they have received a "VIP" experience. As surgical specialists, we strive for successful outcomes and high levels of patient satisfaction. We strive for better quality of life for our patients through the least invasive techniques that result in a quick return to normal function and lifestyle. We focus on making all of our patients feel welcome, as if they are a member of our "Premier" family

Dr. Kaufman's Experience

Dr. Kaufman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Arteriosclerosis
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Atherosclerosis of Aorta
  • Breast Cancer
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Colitis
  • Colon Disorders
  • Colon Polyp
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Diarrhea
  • Pancreatitis
  • Peptic Ulcer
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Poor Circulation
  • Pruritus Ani
  • Rectal Cancer
  • Respiratory Diseases
  • Sarcoma
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Stomach Cancer

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Varicose Vein Surgery
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
  • Vein Laser Ablation
  • Venous Sclerotherapy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Lehigh University
  • Lankenau Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002

• CLP outstanding achievement award from the ACoS, 2007
  • NJ Top Doctor- NJ Monthly Magazine, 2011
  • Pneumothorax after nasoenteral feeding tube placement. Jarrod P Kaufman M.D., WB Hughes M.D., MD Kerstein M.D. American Surgeon 2001, Aug; 67(8): 772-3, 2001
  • Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy during pregnancy: three case reports; Journal of the Society of Laparoscopic Surgery Themis Chamogeorgakis, E. LoMenzo, RD Smink, B. Feurstein, M Fantazzio, Jarrod Kaufman, EJ Brennan, R. Russell, 1998
  • Laparoscopic appendectomy for Crohns disease of the appendix presenting as acute appendicitis., 2001
  • Letter to the editor; Re: Clinical characteristics of antibiotic usage in surgical patients with Clostridium difficile- associated diarrhea The American Surgeon; March 2000; pg. 315. Jarrod P Kaufman, NZ Carp , LL Livornese, 2000
  • 2001 Three cases of a small bowel intussusception in relation to a rare lesion: Inflammatory fibrous polyps. Digestive Surgery 2001 Vol. 18 (2) pg.142-6 Jonathan S. Zager, JP Shaw, Jarrod P Kaufman, G DeNoto, 2001
  • 2003 Letter to the Editor-Re: Current Treatment of Clostridium difficile- Colitis Jarrod P. Kaufman, 2003
  • Kimball Medical Center Foundation Appoints Physicians to Board, 2/15/08
  • Dr. Jarrod Kaufman named cancer liaison physician, 10/5/06

• Hebrew

Dr. Kaufman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kaufman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kaufman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kaufman to family and friends
Dr. Kaufman's Performance
in Toms River, NJ |
I was thrilled with Dr. Kaufman right off the bat. He had a great bedside manner. He was able to put my mind at ease about my issues with his professional demeanor and good sense of humor. When it came to my surgery, I had not a worry and I knew that I was is great hands.
in Brick, NJ |
Needed to find a local surgeon for a hernia repair so I went to the web. Went to my first appointment not knowing what to expect. From the first appointment through my surgery and after appointments, cannot say enough good things about Dr Kaufman as well as his nurse Michelle. Quality of care, compassion and I hate to say it, liked going to the doctor for a change.
in Trenton, NJ |
Dr. Kaufman gave me my life back. I have been suffering with hemorrhoids for years. After a few totally painless treatments with him I am completely pain and symptom free. I wish I found him years ago and didn't have to be miserable for so long. He is very easy to talk to, explains everything you need to know clearly, and made an awful and embarrassing situation as comfortable as could be. I recommend him 1000%. His office staff are also very sweet and make appointments a breeze.
in Lakewood, NJ |
Dr. Kaufman literally put my life back! My hemorrhoids were so awful, and with having to sit 90% of my day at my job, they were getting worse and worse. I read about the procedure Dr. Kaufman uses and saw reviews that said "My pain was gone by the next day"! I thought that impossible with all the pain and bleeding I had but it IS true!! I was almost 100% pain free within twp days and probably 80% by the next morning. THANK you Dr. Kaufman and staff (who by the way are also wonderful).
Toms River, NJ |
I was in a lot of pain and did not want to have surgery. I made an appointment with Dr. Kaufman after an online search for a doctor in my area who specialized in colon health. He recommended the CRH O'Regan System which is a banding procedure. it was not painful, the cream prescribed for after the procedure worked great. I went back for a 2nd and 3rd time and now I am back to normal. I highly recommend them. Michelle his assistant is awesome. Don't suffer with hemorrhoids. Go to Dr Kaufman.
Brick, NJ |
My first appointment was with Dr Kaufman today . He is a very knowledgeable Dr and takes his time with you . I will be going to him from now on . What a great experience. Michele is wonderful as well .. thank you for making my visit stress free !!!!!!!!
in Brick, NJ |
Dr. Kaufman explained everything to me and gave me detailed instructions both pre and post surgery to aid in my quick recovery. Within a week of hernia surgery I was back riding my bike! I experienced virtually no pain after the surgery and on the day after did not need so much as a Tylenol. I highly recommend Dr. Kaufman
in freehold, nj |
Excellent - skilled surgeon and staff. Spends time with patient, thoroughly explains findings and procedural options. I wouldn't go to any one else.
in Cherry Hill, NJ |
Dr. Kaufman is The Best! He was kind, compassionate, Prompt and professional! I cannot stress the importance of Dr. Kaufman and his staff of how Excellent they are to deal with. I will not hesitate to continue to use his services and refer any and everyone to his practice.
Hazlet |
Mr. Kaufman is a very honest and caring doctor. He will do whatever it takes to find out what's wrong with you before just jumping to conclusions and sending you on your way. I can only explain it by saying he treats you like your a member of his very own family. If your looking for a doctor with the intellect and skill set to help you get back to your normal self, then he's the right doctor for you.
in Jersey City, NJ |
I had a Desarda Hernia Repair in November, 2016. I read so much misleading info online about pain following the surgery, and that wasn't what i experienced at all. Dr Kaufman will examine you, and will honestly recommend Desarda for you according to your case. He will also recommend an absorbable mesh if the damaged muscles tissues are not strong enough to hold the Desarda stitches. Based on my surgery outcome, and my experience with Dr Kaufman and all his staff, I highly recommend his practice.
Belmar, NJ |
I had surgery performed by Dr. Kaufman on 5 hernias at one time. He was extremely knowledgeable, skilled and extremely personable, taking the time to answer any questions I had. My recovery has been most successful and quick compared to the stories I have heard from other people who have undergone hernia surgery. I consider Dr. Kaufman to be a Top Doc, and I highly recommend him to anyone.
in Manchester Township, NJ |
ON JULY 21, 2016, I HAD A INGUINAL HERNIA REPAIRED BY LAPATOSCOPIC SURGERY WITH OUTSTANDING RESULTS. DR KAUFMAN AND HIS STAFF AT CAMIS SURGERY CENTER IN EATONTOWN WERE ALL EXCELLENT AND MADE YOU FELL AT EASE FOR THE PROCEDURE.
in Howard Beach, NY |
I had inguinal surgery and no mesh (desarda) I feel great e did a great job and I has back to work very fast I very happy
Springfield, VA |
I have a hernia for six years and it would not heal so I am seeking a doctor to do Desarda surgery. I do not want mesh in me and there are very few doctors in USA that do Desarda. Because I'm deaf, this doctor and his staff refuse to communicate with me in email whatever care I need such as setting up dates for consultant, surgery, etc. He no longer takes me as his patient. He's an uncaring doctor who has no sympathy for people with disabilities. This doctor has no heart.
in Brick, NJ |
After having extremely painful traditional surgery for this problem 12 years ago I dreaded having to go through it again. The doctor used a simple, painless technique that required three short office visits. He explained the procedure before proceeding and I was amazed at the results. He is an exception doctor with an excellent manner. I am glad I found him.
in Lakewood, NJ |
Dr. Kaufman is an outstanding, professional and caring Doctor. His staff is also excellent. Every time I have gone he, and his assistant, Michelle have made me very comfortable and explained each procedure in detail. I would highly recommend Doctor Kaufman to anyone.
Dr Kaufman helped my family during an emergency. He was so professional and also caring He made a difficult situation into a very informative and easier decision. He was able to talk to me in Doctor terms that I could understand.
Have you seen Dr. Jarrod Kaufman, MD?
Are you Dr. Kaufman?

Visit Dr. Kaufman

Evening
Dr. Kaufman accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Choice PPO