Contact provider for availability

Dr. Jarod Masci, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male

Dr. Masci

"Unlike any other doctor's office I've been to, his office is beautifully decorated with a more relaxed environment. The rest of his staff were friendly and displayed genuine interest in helping me improve my health."

Read Review

"I agree with other reviews on this office being a money machine and yes it sucks.. but the alternative is worse. As for Dr. Masci being for lack of better words " a jerk" I think is crazy. He an addiction specialist! He's not going to give out drugs to people like candy! He wants to help not make it worse, at least that's what I'm getting. And his staff is great. And his nurse Rose is awesome. They care, listen and are so relaxed.im shocked with the negative reviews. I think they are great."

Read Review

Dr. Masci?
Dr. Masci's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jarod Masci, MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jarod Masci, MD?
This clinic is saving my life. Their approach is really refreshing and unique. I feel like for the first time since Ive been on subs, someone is actually listening to me and wanting to help me. The nurse who did my intake really took her time and got to know me. The clinic has been very flexible with scheduling and they're nice to me when I have to bring my kids. The Saturday hours and night hours are really great if u work and have kids and such. Dr. Masci is nice and really cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jarod Masci, MD?
The office on Linwood is amazing. It feels comfy, the staff is friendly, the decor is incredible. Dr. Masci is very warm and easy to talk to. I have been his patient for about 8 months and I have made a lot of progress working towards my goals and getting things back on track for myself. I never feel judged or pressured. We've had to adjust my meds a lot in the past 3 months and they've been really helpful and patient about making sure I'm on the proper meds / proper dose to best help me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jarod Masci, MD?
Dr. Masci was grossly unprofessional and unethical. He states that he has clinical training yet doesn't know how to appropriately address an issue like his tendency to arrive at his practice 30-35 minutes after he is scheduled . Never an apology. While you wait, staff are apologetic, but vent their frustrations about having to continually "take the heat for his lateness". I asked why he doesn't schedule me later. He became combative, defensive, called me "self-centered" and then kicked me out.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jarod Masci, MD?
Dr. Masci is great. He consistently provides great care and has helped me immensely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jarod Masci, MD?
I met Dr. Masci for the first time and was surprised at how comfortable he made me feel. I somewhat gave up hope in finding someone in the mental health care field. He was refreshingly down to earth, open, didn't judge, open and spent time with me to really listen and get to know me. I feel hopeful now and feel I am in good hands. He is the best. You won't find anyone better in Buffalo. I have searched and started giving up. He is warm. You can relate to him. Wonderful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jarod Masci, MD?
As far as medication assisted drug abuse treatment, he absolutely does not use proven and widely accepted doses and methods. This Dr doesn't use methadone, just Suboxone, and that's fine if that is the route you want to go. However, he gives tiny, tiny doses, with no respect to length and strength of opiate misuse. When you go back in, toxing dirty because your dose does nothing to help withdrawals and cravings, he just kicks you out of treatment. Surprise! Drug addicts fail drug tests!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jarod Masci, MD?
Has a nice comforting website, online set up to contact Dr office, and answering machine too. Website says will contact you in 24 hours. I Your wasting your time. They don't care. Never returned calls over a two week period. Obviously not taking new patients because they don't contact you back at all no matter what day or time you call. Makes me mad that you contact them because you need help and they ignore you. It's a dirty little rundown office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jarod Masci, MD?
Dr. Masci's specialty is one where it's hard to find many options in Western New York. Unfortunately, had the opportunity to get in with Dr. Masci and I was underwhelmed....to say the least. I really can't put a finger on it, but, he's not sincere. He's a phony. It's standard lines and fake smiles. There's not a genuine bone in his body. He's the cliche psychiatrist who goes to dinners put on by the pharma companies and will tell anyone who listens that he's a doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jarod Masci, MD?
You cant ever get in touch with this doctor. He has a reputation for for kicking young kids out of his practice for personal reasons. stay away from this guy. you will relapse
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jarod Masci, MD?
this guy was impossible to get in touch with. has some crazy nurse u have to deal with. dont waste your time
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jarod Masci, MD?
Quite simply, he saved my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jarod Masci, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Masci?

Dr. Jarod Masci, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Buffalo, NY. He specializes in psychiatry.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Masci accepts

Dr. Masci accepts the following insurance:

Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

Dr. Masci treats this condition more than 76% of his peers

Dr. Masci's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder