Dr. Jared Michalson, MD

Dr. Jared Michalson, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |

I am a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon having spent two extra years of training to specialize in the treatment of hip and knee arthritis and complex fractures. As a dual fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon I am uniquely qualified to assess and treat complex problems related to hip and knee arthritis, failed or painful hip and knee replacements, and old or new fractures. My goal is to provide the most up-to-date evidence based compassionate care for my patients. I intend to fully inform patients of treatment options, answer all questions, and recommend the best possible treatment option, including nonsurgical management. I have special interest in eliminating pain with rapid recovery after hip or knee replacement surgery. I also have specialized training and interest in minimally invasive orthopaedic surgery including anterior approach hip replacement, partial knee replacement, and small incision surgery for fracture fixation. Ultimately, my goal for my patients is to eliminate pain and return them to their desired level of function in the fastest and friendliest way possible!

Denver Vail Orthopedics P.C.

8101 E Lowry Blvd Ste 260

Denver, CO 80230

• AARP
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Cofinity
  • Golden Rule
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Michalson

Dr. Michalson's Experience

Dr. Michalson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Joint Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Metatarsal Fracture

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Creighton University
  • Grant Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011
  • University of Colorado Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Michalson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Michalson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Michalson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Michalson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Michalson to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Michalson's Performance
in Denver co. |
My hip replacement went absolutely perfect!! All aspect where explained very clearly. Dr. Michalson did a perfect front hip replacement. I had zero problem in recovery. I have received excellent after care with pro active physical therapy, Dan Stoot, pt, worked work well with following what I needed for what has been a very good recovery!! Thank you so much Dr Michalson!! I'm going to recommend your surgery highly.
in Perry Park, Colorado |
Above all, competent. My left arm (humerus) was broken in two. Dr Michalson explained the options, and we agreed that plates and screws would be the best option to maintain my lifestyle (older athlete). His crew and the procedure went well, post-op instructions were clear, follow-up appointments were informative. I particularly appreciated him walking me through the ex-rays and explaining exactly how my body was healing. He allowed me to be an active participant in my healing.
in Castle Rock, CO |
Did a fantastic job on my knee replacement. Very caring and made sure I was comfortable after my surgery.
in Englewood, CO |
Having a complete knee replacement as my first surgical experience there's not much I can compare to Dr. Michalson. Obviously, my apprehension going in was off the charts but he and his team put me at ease as I went under. After surgery, Doc Michalson's pain management regimen was amazingly effective and now six weeks later I have yet to experience serious pain. Six weeks after surgery I played 9 holes of golf. While my scoring suffered, it all was without pain.
in Aurora, CO |
I would highly recommend Dr Michalson to any one needing orthopedic surgery. After my 2nd hip surgery with him. ( from the front ). The results were amazing. Day 1 used walker, day 2 used crutches, day 3 used cane and able to walk, day 5 mowed the lawn. Staff is friendly. I believe he cares about his patients and practice. It shows in his attitude and personality.
in Aurora, CO |
Dr. Michalson did a total knee replacement for me and I could not be happier with the result and the total process. From my initial meeting with him through the completed surgery he and his staff were completely personable and explained everything that would and did happen in clear, concise terms. My recovery is progressing quite well and friends that have had knee replacements with other surgeons have asked for my surgeon's name because they are amazed at my recovery.
in Denver, CO |
I would very highly recommend Dr. Michalson as an orthopedic surgeon. He is an excellent doctor with a warm, caring, and gentle personality. His knowledge of the latest techniques and approaches to hip replacements made my surgeries great successes with amazingly quick recoveries both times.
in Aurora, CO |
Personable, professional, caring physician.
Messed my Mom up pretty good. Finally fired him for his lack of attention and poor patient follow up. I would not recommend him ever!
in Aurora |
Dr. Michalson was amazing. Very patient, kind and trustworthy. Was open to my multitude of questions about my surgery. Didn't mind visiting me multiple times to answer those questions. Explained all my options to me in ways I could understand. I'm incisions look great and healed wonderfully. If I every need surgery again I would only want him to preform it. He was also very helpful in setting up extra help after my surgery and discharged home.
in Denver, CO |
Professionalism as a Doctor and also professional and concientious office staff. Very good bed side manner. Able to explain in detail all aspects of replacement surgery and recovery.
in Aurora, CO |
After suffering for years with knee problems, I finally had to make a decision to have knee replacements. Dr. Michalson and staff made the process so easy. There was no hassle with appointments, surgery scheduling, insurance or any other part of the process. I had the first knee done, and 4 months later had the second one replaced. I am so pleased with how well the recovery is going and have full range of motion in both. I would not hesitate to go back or refer others to Dr. Michalson.
in Aurora, CO |
In 2012, I incurred an acetabular fracture. After my arrival at the emergency room, I was seen by Dr. Michalson, who was an orthopedic doctor on call. He was very cautious in the diagnosis, very informative about my options, was of kind and concerned manner, and did not pressure me. Two days later, he performed surgery on me, inserting two screws. Afterwards, he checked on me multiple times and took my questions. My recovery was rapid and successful. First rate care! I recommend him very highly!
Have you seen Dr. Jared Michalson, MD?
Are you Dr. Michalson?

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Cofinity