Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Jared Johnson, MD
Dr. Johnson earned his medical degree from Cornell Medical College. As a medical student,he was awarded the T. Campbell Thompson Award for excellence in orthopedic surgery from the staff of New York's Hospital for Special Surgery. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at UCLA Medical Center and served as a sports medicine fellow at the prestigious Steadman Clinic in Vail, Colorado,focusing on arthroscopic and open surgery of the shoulder, hip, and knee.

St. Luke's Clinic - Boise Orthopedic Clinic

• LifeWise
  • ODS Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Johnson

Dr. Johnson's Experience

Dr. Johnson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Johnson does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankle Fracture
  • Broken Arm
  • Femur Fracture
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• J & S Weill M C Cornell Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • UCLA
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Steadman Hawkins Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Johnson has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Johnson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Johnson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Johnson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Johnson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Johnson to family and friends
Dr. Johnson's Performance
in Boise ID |
My mother had a shoulder surgery performed by Dr Johns. I cannot tell you how awesome he was throughout the process. Not only he is very knowledgeable about his job but really personable. We met with him several times before the surgery and after and every single time he was the most professional yet caring doctor that we have encountered. My moms shoulder is healing really well and thanks to his great work guidance and advice she is now able to have full functionally on her right arm.
in Nampa, ID |
Absolutely love Dr Jared Johnson! In Dec. 2014 and April 2015 I had both total shoulder replacements, he is very professional and extremely caring. Always spent the time needed to explain and listen to me as a patient. I always felt that he really cared about me as a patient. Extremly knowledgeable about all the procedures and up to date with all the cutting edge technologies. I would go back to him in a heartbeat if I had to do it all over again!
in Kuna, ID |
Dr. Johnson has the best bedside manner and he is down to earth and he did a stellar job on repairing the hip. When the time comes for a new hip, I hope he is still in the area cause I would not want to go to any other doctor. Highly recommend Dr. Johnson for your Ortho needs!!!!! Thank you so much for taking good care of me the past year. Till we meet again to see about a new hip!! ;)
Meridian, ID |
Both my husband and I see Dr. Johnson for shoulder issues and he really is the best. I saw him for Frozen shoulder. It ended in surgery and the out come has been fantastic. I have had no problems since and my shoulder feels better and moves better than it has in years.
Boise, ID |
I saw Dr. Johnson to talk about my knee pain that I have had since high school from years of sports and lifting. The pain got bad enough that I was unable to perform my duties at work. After several meetings we decided on a surgery. Dr. Johnson and his staff were great through the whole process and the day or surgery. My knee is feeling brand new and ready to go back to work. I've been able to jog and lift without any pain. The process was great and all my questions/concerns were answered w/care
in Boise, ID |
I sustained a massive tear in my rotator cuff from a bicycle accident. Dr. Johnson saw me within the week and managed his schedule to accommodate surgery within the following week. Massive tears in the rotator cuff have better results if taken care of shortly after the injury. I was well informed before and after surgery. Now 3 months post surgery, my PT says my range of motion and returning strength are above average for a typical massive tear patient. I have been very pleased with results
in Nampa, ID |
In march of 2016 I had right rotator cuff surgery as well as a bicep reattachment and Dr Johnson was a phenomenal doctor and has a very professional manner as well as a sense of humor. After recovery and therapy I have full movement in my shoulder and it feels better than ever, so I had such a wonderful experience that in October I had the other shoulder done and am having the same amazing results! I high recommend Dr. Johnson and all of his staff they truly care about you and your health! ??
in Meridian, ID |
I feel I was given a new lease on life after my total shoulder replacement surgery. I had a great experience with Dr. Johnson. He is meticulous and precise and very thorough with followup care. I went into surgery with almost no use of my right arm and after six weeks I have gained almost complete mobility and am now pain free. Dr. Johnson is a true joy and I recommend him highly!!
Boise, ID |
I had a reverse shoulder replacement done by Dr. Johnson and I am so pleased with the result! He was very thorough and the surgery could not have gone better. There is no longer any pain and I have such amazing range of motion. I wish I had done this sooner. The facility at St. Luke's only added to the pleasant experience! I would highly recommend Dr. Jared Johnson!!
in Nampa, ID |
Dr. Johnson and his staff are very people friendly. The interaction is so much more than Dr./Patient - You are treated more like a person with genuine concerns. I greatly appreciated that as well as the level of expertise and care. Dr. Johnson is very thorough and looks at all angles/circumstances in the injury and recovery and is willing to hear what the patient is say. You can tell he truly values what you are telling him and takes that into account of his evaluations and procedures.
in Nampa, ID |
Dr Johnson is an AMAZING surgeon! He did absolutely everything to help me and make sure everything went smoothly and make sure my recovery was exactly how it should. 6.5 months after surgery and my knee feels amazing. Couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. Helped out a ton after and always kept up with follow ups. I would recommend him to everyone and wouldn't go to any other orthopedic Sergeon.
in Boise, ID |
Dr. Johnson is an amazing doctor when it comes to surgery and follow-up. He without a doubt went the extra mile in caring for me after shoulder replacement. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
in Meridian, ID |
Very professional, yet sensitive to patient's issues. He is enthusiastic and friendly, and imbues the patient with a realistic, yet positive, healing regimen. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Johnson to friends and family.
in Nampa, ID |
I was in an auto accident and my shoulder was causing me tremendous pain. Even though it was not typical to have the type of injury I did from an auto accident Dr. Johnson ordered an MRI and I truly believe that had it not been for Dr. Johnson taking my pain serious I would still be walking around with a injury. The surgery to repair my shoulder went great and Dr. Johnson explained everything that was going to take place through the entire process. I highly recommend Dr. Johnson!!
in Boise, ID |
Dr. Johnson and his staff are excellent. Dr. Johnson really knows what he is talking about and takes the time to explain to his patients exactly what is going on. I am 6 weeks post-op meniscus repair and I am walking without issue or pain. Staffing, scheduling, and follow up are all great. I cant say enough good things about this clinic and I will refer everyone I know.
personal, talented, great result
in Caldwell, ID |
We are so lucky to have Dr. Johnson in the Treasure Valley. A talented surgeon you can trust! He takes the time to explain what's happening with you and makes sure you understand all your options. He doesn't rush into surgery. He is compassionate about his work, and the results show. I am so pleased with my results, and have referred many others to him. If I ever need anything he and his staff are just a call or email away.
in Marsing, I'd. |
So pissed off about Dr. Johnson, wife had shoulder surgery in Nov 2015, now ( June 2016) lots of pain, shoulder unable to move, won't take a minute to examine her, making her wait 5 weeks for to see the Dr.. now looking for other doctor to see what can be done.
Have you seen Dr. Jared Johnson, MD?
Are you Dr. Johnson?