Dr. Jared Armstrong, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Jared Armstrong, MD
Dr. Armstrong specializes in hip and knee replacement and revision hip and knee replacement surgery. He is trained in the direct anterior approach for total hip replacement, and has performed hundreds of direct anterior hip replacement surgeries. He earned his medical degree from the University of Louisville, where he also completed his residency in orthopedic surgery. He completed a fellowship at The CORE Institute in Phoenix, training under Dr. David Jacofsky, where he learned advanced techniques in hip and knee replacement surgery. Dr. Armstrong is a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons and the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons.

Dr. Armstrong's Experience

See how Dr. Armstrong's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Armstrong

Dr. Armstrong accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Armstrong is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Armstrong has admitting privileges.

Dr. Armstrong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Armstrong to family and friends
    4.3
    Dr. Armstrong's Performance
    in Boise, ID |
    Liked his attitude. He is NOT a drug-pusher. ?? Courteous and to the point..
    in Caldwell, Idaho |
    I appreciate the professionalism and the pursuit of excellence which characterized Dr. Armstrong's services including the interview, the total hip replacement, and post-op follow-up. My recover was has been fast and I am now walking pain free. Max H. of Caldwell, Idaho
    Amazing results with Total hip replacement. No pain
    in Wilder, Idaho |
    I recently had complete hip replacement done on both of my hip's by Dr. Armstrong. The first one in May of this year and the second one done in August, just 2 weeks ago. Both my hips are doing great, they feel better than they've felt in a long,long time. I would definitly recommend Dr. Armstrong. He was very professional to both my husband and myself, He explained things in a way we could understand, always polite, quick to answer our questions. All his staff have been wonderful.
    in Meridian, ID |
    I had a very extensive total hip replacement by Dr. Jared Armstrong August 2015. It went incredibly well and the recovery was great it's now been a year and I am so happy I had it done! Dr. Armstrong was very professional , very thorough, very caring and helpful!
    in Cheyenne, WY |
    Dr Armstrong was definitely not a doctor I would recommend to anyone. I went in for a second opinion and ask questions about my knee. He didn't answer any of my questions and sent me on my way. Terrible bed side manners and not professional at all.
    in Meridian, ID |
    Would not recommend. Preocccupied with his phone and computer during initial and 2nd visit. Lack of listening skills along and strong pushback on considering prior health history . I went elsewhere and had both knees successfully replaced by an excellent surgeon.
    in Payette, ID |
    Overall it was a very good experience.
    in Boise, ID |
    When I was told I needed a total hip replacement I immediately called Dr. Poole,as he has the BEST Reputation but he's very hard to get into and I would've had to wait close to a year which was out of the question.I was referred to Dr. Armstrong by Dr. Pooles nurse and he did my hip replacement and I couldn't be happier! I was amazed at how quickly I recovered. I can't say enough about this GREAT Surgeon. I'm so glad I found him. DO NOT hesitate to use him for a GREAT NEW HIP :-) <3<3 <3
    Meridian, ID |
    I was turned down by several other orthopedic docs and was sent to Dr Armstrong who was able and willing to help when others weren't.
    Meridian, ID |
    in Boise, ID |
    I thought Dr. Armstrong was a great listener, knowledgeable about my concerns, and very personable.
    in Eagle, ID |
    A previous surgeon broke my femur while doing a total hip replacement and did a poor fix on it. Dr Armstrong did everything right on a very difficult revision. Unfortunately my soft bones were unable to hold the hardware on the revision. In time perhaps another revision will be able to hold or I will heal more on my own. He encouraged me to get other opinions and fresh eyes on the situation which some doctors don't encourage. I respect his abilities have recommended him to others.
    Have you seen Dr. Jared Armstrong, MD?
    Are you Dr. Armstrong?

Dr. Armstrong says...

Dr. Armstrong's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
    •  Malpractice claims in Idaho not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• Ankle Fracture
    • Ankle Sprains and Strains
    • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
    • Femur Fracture
    • Hip Fracture
    • Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Fracture
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

The Core Institute

Completed in 2014

Brigham Young University

Graduated in 2004

Dr. Armstrong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Armstrong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery