Dr. Jacqueline Griffiths, MD

Dr. Jacqueline Griffiths, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Jacqueline Griffiths, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Reston, VA. She is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

12110 Sunset Hills Rd Ste 50

Reston, VA 20190

• AvMed
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Medicare
  • Private HealthCare Systems

Learn about Dr. Griffiths

See how frequently Dr. Griffiths performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Astigmatism
Farsightedness
high
Presbyopia
high

Dr. Griffiths's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Griffiths "Jacqueline D. Griffiths, MD and NewView Eye Center have been serving the Reston Community for 15 years. NewView's Mission is to provide Excellence in Ophthalmologic services by giving Personalized attention to every patient. Services include Advanced Cataract Surgery, Multifocal & Toric Implants, Custom LASIK and EpiLase, Exams, Glaucoma / Diabetes Mgmt, Eyelid Surgery, Botox Cosmetic, Latisse, and Fillers. NewView Optical provides the latest designer frames and lenses for the entire family."

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration
  • Pterygium
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Detachment
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Senile Cataracts

• LASIK
  • Laser Surgery
  • Nearsighted Surgery
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Radiesse® Injections
  • Refractive Surgery
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Yale University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • University Of Mi Med Sch
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Med Ctr Del
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Georgetown Univ
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Griffiths has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Griffiths does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Griffiths and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Griffiths' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Griffiths to family and friends
Dr. Griffiths' Performance
Reston, VA |
I went to Dr. Griffiths because my previous ophthamologist told me that, if I ever develop cataracts, she would not be able to do surgery because she doesn't do it for patients who have had Lasik. My primary care physician recommended Dr. Griffiths and I went to see her for an annual exam. She was great. The exam was thorough, she discussed the details, she answered all of my questions, and she was very personable. I will continue going to her.
in Upper Marlboro |
Dr. Griffiths is AMAZING! She did the Epi-lase procedure on me November 2017 and although i was extremely nervous, she was tremendously patient with me and explained things in depth. My surgery went very well and she even called me personally a few hours after the surgery to make sure I was feeling well!Furthermore, the post-operative visits have been amazing. Dr. Griffiths is attentive to my concerns and extremely knowledgeable. I have already recommended her to EVERYONE!
in Chantilly, VA |
Very professional, highly recommend it for the complete medical training that comes with her experience.
in Ashburn, VA |
Got Lasik surgery with Dr. Griffiths. She is the best. I felt very confident in her hands...I visited other places that have heavy advertisement but they treat you like cattle...Dr. Griffiths gives you the attention everybody deserves....Thank you Dr. Griffiths, now I can see better than anybody else...:)
in Ashburn Va |
I recommend Dr. Griffiths very highly. She has helped improve eyesight in both of my eyes twice in the last five years, the most recent time being this past Monday with cataract surgery and implantation of a new lens. She and her team are absolutely awesome.
in Great Falls, VA |
Dr. Griffiths has exactly the right touch in dealing with her patients. She is a good listener, explains procedures in a way that is easy to comprehend, and has a great staff backing her up. I would recommend her without reservation to anyone.
Culpeper, VA |
Had a Chalazion removal surgery with Dr. Griffiths. The whole process is quick and pleasant. It was the quickest Chalazion removal I had. Today is the 2nd day, hope it would all be fine. Due to my pharmacy's issue, the order didn't arrive when I arrived the store. But a call to the doctor's office quickly fixed that issue. Highly recommended
in Washington, DC |
My primary opthamologist recommended Dr. Griffiths to remove my husband's cataracts, as my doctor was not accepting new patients. He was so pleased, I followed his lead with my doctor's blessing.
in Culpeper, VA |
I have referred my family members and friends to Dr. Griffiths and will gladly continue to do so. I have been a patient of Dr. Griffiths since 2005. I did some "doctor shopping" when I was looking for a LASIK surgeon and I picked her because she was always open and direct with me regarding her concerns of my having LASIK surgery. She let me in on what her exact concerns were and what her plans would be going forward. I continue to see Dr. Griffiths because of her excellent care.
in Vienna, VA |
Excellent and friendly professional service. Highly recommend.
in Mc Lean, VA |
Terrible experience. Wrong prescription.
in Mitchellville , MD |
I call their office with an urgent need and was scheduled to meet with Dr. Griffiths within a day. The reception from the staff members was very calming and courteous. My appointment was at 2pm, I arrived at 1:30 to complete the various insurance forms and was meeting with Dr. Griffiths at 2:05. Although I was very nervous, within minutes my anxieties were put to rest due to the warm compassionate and professional confidence that excludes from Dr. Griffiths. She is the best!
in Fairfax, VA |
A pleasant and reassuring experience. Dr. Griffiths and her staff take the time to do things right.
in Leesburg, VA |
I really appreciate the friendly service and professional staff. I know that when I visit this practice my eyes are in good hands.
in Berryville, VA |
I was referred by my daughter who had her eyes done in 2012. She was very satisfied withe the results. I just finished with my cataract and astigmatism correction in both eyes. I am very satisfied with the results. Dr. Griffiths and Dr. Oh were very supportive and concerned with my wants. I am very pleased with the results. I do recommend them. Tom Norris 540-955-4659
in Sterling, Va |
Very impressed with Dr. Griffiths exam. I had an eye retina tear surgery that she identified during my exam. It surprise me that she could view this surgery results that I had back in 20006.
Sterling, VA |
Dr Griffiths is both thorough and personable - I never felt like I was being rushed or in a 'clinical only' situation, but rather we had a good discussion of my eye care concerns and needs. There was no pressure to engage additional services, nor to use the optician in the practice to fill my computer glasses prescription. She performed my Lasik surgery many years ago, and I still feel that is the best money I've ever spent - 12 years and still with 20/20 vision. I highly recommend her.
in Potomac, MD |
Back in 2000,i got a Lasik procedure by Jacqueline Griffiths. At the time she had a smaller outfit, friendly and caring. I was very satisfied. I visited her office again in feb 2017 and her practice has grown, Rather than continuing the same path ,it has become a business facility. I suspended my appointment during my consultation as I strongly felt i am there to negotiate as to how much i am willing to shed my money rather than receive medical advise or medical consultation.
in Reston, VA |
I had a thorough eye exam and was explained everything in a cordial manner. It was an excellent first visit.
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Griffiths was expert in her approach and knowledge. She is patient and thorough. I wanted the best for all my eye concerns, and with her I believe I got it.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Griffiths and her entire staff were pleasant to deal with and made me feel comfortable, including by answering many questions and doing thorough testing. I've had a great result from LASIK and an overall great experience with Dr. Griffiths' office.
in Fairfax, VA |
Starting with checking in - the receptionist took the time to explain the services and differences between having just an eye exam and the exam resulting in a "medical" visit. She also took the time to check with the billing staff on insurance coverage since this was my first Ophthalmologist appointment. The Technician was very thorough in her work and explaining the process. Dr. Griffiths explained each step and reason of the procedure. The experience was very rewarding for me.
in Herndon, VA |
Located Dr. Griffiths via internet to obtain a second opinion to confirm need for cataract surgery in both eyes. Thorough examination determined the surgery was necessary. Dr. Griffiths found a macular hole in the left eye and immediately referred me to Retina Specialist. Both laser cataract procedures were successful. After each surgery, Dr. Griffiths made calls to check on me. She and technician (Joanna) made me feel valued as a new patient, so easy to work with and both very professional.
in Herndon, VA |
I first saw Dr. Griffiths four years ago for Epilate surgery. I recently went back to her for help with sever under-eye hollowing. I'd received Resylane almost a year earlier and it went fine, but was very bumpy. Dr. Griffiths used a different filler and results have been much better. She really took her time with the injection to avoid as much bruising as possible and to maximize results. She is terrific!
in Fairfax, VA |
My experience with Dr. Griffiths has been a very professional and rewarding. I have never been so pleased to receive such high-quality medical care. She is very attentive and takes the time to listen to your needs as a patient. I have continued annual follow-ups with the NewViewEye Center because of a very specialize and courteous staff. This Center can depend on to provide the full support of all your visual needs.
in Oak Hill, Virginia |
Dr. Griffiths was very personable. She took time to explain what was going to happen and how long it would take. The Technician who did my refraction was very good she was patient wand friendly. Everyone in that office was very friendly and helpful. I would positively recommend this Doctor to my friends.
in Vienna, VA |
I had lasik surgery on both eyes in 2002. During my annual eye exam every eye doctor has commented on how good the procedure was performed with no visible imperfections. I returned to Dr. Griffiths recently for a "tune up" since I noticed my distance vision in my mono vision close vision eye was not as good as before but reading vision had improved over time. Upon review, Dr. Griffiths did not recommend a procedure saying improving the distance vision would significantly degrade close vision.
in Centreville, VA |
I felt in very safe hands with Dr. Griffiths and her staff. She and her staff explained in detail about my eye problems, and what would be done to eliminate them. I believe she is a marvelous opthomalagist and surgeon. I highly recommend her to all.
in Germantown, MD |
Dr. Griffiths is the best! Very thoughtful and considerate of her patients needs. I look to her guidance and can count on her expert judgement and direction. It's good to have a dependable doctor I can trust, and that says whole lot for me!!!
in Burke, VA |
Dr. Griffiths and all of her staff are knowledgeable and caring staff. They all made me feel comfortable during the initial and subsequent appointments. Her staff is very friendly and helpful. I will recommend her and her staff to anyone looking for a great doctor and surgeon.
in Reston, VA |
Dr. Griffiths is professional but friendly and calm. She encourages questions and then listens. She is not in a rush so I feet that she sees me as a person not the next patient. She reviewed my files and discussed them with me so I have a picture of my eye health.
in Rock, WV |
she saved me from having a unnecessary surgery she is most professional never had to wait one minute
in Great Falls, VA |
Due to the popularity of Dr. Griffiths, I had to wait two months to get an appointment (hence the three stars for scheduling) but it was worth the wait. The technician that did my initial screening was very personable and did a great job and Dr. Griffiths couldn't have been more pleasant. There was no sense of being rushed and she answered all my questions thoroughly. This was probably the best eye exam I've ever had.
in Great Falls, VA |
My experience with Dr. Griffiths I must say was wonderful. She is so professional, detail, charming and caretaker of her patients. had two fears before the operation; one was the first time I was going to have an operation and the second that were my eyes since I think, like every human, they are the most important organs that you have. - Today, I am so happy and pleased that Dr. Griffiths was my surgeon my expectations were exceeded by all means.To me Dr. Griffiths is the best .
in Reston, VA |
Excellent experience. Professional. I don't need glasses, and she did not push me that way. One suggestion: when people come in for initial or annual check up, make sure they know their eyes will be dilated, and should bring sunglasses. I did not expect that.
in Reston, VA |
I have always received compassionate, professional and highly competent care from Dr. Griffths and the entire office staff. I have complete confidence in the Doctors recommendations and treatment. I recommended Dr. Griffths to my husband who after his appointment had a similar experience and nothing but praise for the doctor and the treatment he received. I would definetly recommend Dr. Griffths to my friends, family and neighbors.
in Reston, VA |
Dr. Griffiths has a very professional and friendly practice. Her Center is well equipped and clean. Her staff is very helpful. Would recommend her to any individual or family that needs high quality and honest eye evaluation.
in Leesburg, VA |
Dr. Griffiths, is first a very personal and compassion person. Next, she is an excellent Eye Doctor. She has always been upfront with explaining any problems, and willing to further exam my eyes if I have an additional problem. She keeps close watch on my eyes for Macular Degeneration, my Father had this problem. I have full trust and faith in her judgment She is a terrific Doctor and person. Rosalie F. Leigh.
in Falls Church, VA |
You will receive first class care.
Washington, DC |
Very thorough eye exam and listened to find solutions for my red, itchy eyes during allergy season.
in Reston, VA |
scheduling appointments is very simple. The staff are always helpful and accommodating whenever possible. The office environment is neat and attractive. I have seen many ophthalmologists over the past 20 years and Dr. Griffiths is by far the best in terms of skills, intelligence and how she handles her patients.
in Chantilly, VA |
Dr. Griffiths is truly an expert in her field. She is genuinely concerned about her patients and spends the necessary amount of time explaining procedures and recommendations. I have referred several friends and associates to this practice.
in Herndon, VA |
Friendly and prompt appointments every time we've been there.
in Reston, VA |
Dr. Griffiths is very thorough, has a great office staff, beautiful office, etc. More important, she has an impressive education and professional background. She removed my cataracts two years ago, gave great prep instructions and follow up; I'm completely happy with the result. The practice offers other services, but she does not push them. They're there if you're interested, but no pressure at all. An optician is in the practice; very convenient. I recommend Dr. Griffiths highly.
Dr. Griffiths performed my LASIK Eye surgery a few years ago. I am pleased with the results. I recently saw her for my yearly eye exam. My wait time was less than 15 minutes. I am glad I found her to perform my surgery and I plan to continue going to her practice.
in Lakewood Ranch, Florida |
Professional, Informative, and helpful!
in Reston, VA |
The entire staff was professional and clearly knew what they were doing. Dr. Griffiths was knowledgeable and patient, and adeptly handled the referral to a retina specialist since one was called for.
in Gainesville, VA |
It was fine. She seemed efficient and knowledgeable.
Have you seen Dr. Jacqueline Griffiths, MD?
Are you Dr. Griffiths?