Dr. Jann Shiels, MD

32 Reviews
Dr. Shiels

Womens Clinic Of Northern AZ

1024 N San Francisco St Ste 105 Flagstaff, AZ 86001

Dr. Jann Shiels, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Flagstaff, AZ and has been practicing for 32 years. She graduated from University Of California, Davis, School Of Medicine in 1979 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology and gynecology.

Dr. Shiels accepts

Dr. Shiels accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Shiels' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Shiels' Top Procedures and Conditions

Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)

Dr. Shiels treats Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea) more than 56% of her peers

Dr. Shiels treats this condition more than 56% of her peers

• Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Fluid Contrast Ultrasound
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

3.5

Dr. Shiels?
Dr. Shiels' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jann Shiels, MD
Dr Shiels was amazing! She was patient and funny and spent so much time listening. I truly appreciate her and her staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jann Shiels, MD?
I've seen Dr. Sheils a couple of times now. I drive from Kingman to Flagstaff for these visits. She was recommended by a friend of mine here. I love her! She is kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. She also takes time to visit with you at each visit. I would also like to say that I've never had a medical test and received the results without a follow-up visit to the doctor's office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jann Shiels, MD?
I sure was unhappy with the billing at Dr. Jan Shiels office, they billed for two apps in one visit 45 minute appt to review. I had a $60 co pay and my insurance paid them for one appointment. I got a bill for $80 balance and called to inquire they were weak on explanation. I told them to send my insurance company the notes they required to pay and they did not. I finally just paid to get them off my back. Not worth fighting for $80. Dr. Shiels is great. I felt the billing was unfair.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jann Shiels, MD?
I LOVE Dr Shiels. She's been my Dr. for over 10 years. I drive 140 miles each way to see her. I can only echo what others have written. She's thorough, answers all questions in a way you can understand, cares for my overall health, not just female issues. She really is my PCP. To those that complain about paying for phone consults......why not ? Would you give away your time for free ?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jann Shiels, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Shiels for over 10 years. She is highly professional and knowledgeable. She has a kind and sensitive approach and excellent bedside manner. She not only addresses my gynecological health, but also my general health needs. She takes the time to talk with me at every visit personally, and fully discuss options and questions. I am going to be sincerely bummed when she retires. I have never met a doctor quite like her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jann Shiels, MD?
Dr. Shiels is personable, compassionate, and extremely knowledgable. She really cares about the patient as a whole person--my annual never feels rushed. A few years ago, she helped me to control period mood swings by modifying my diet. There should be some kind of reward for a doctor who can manage to make you feel at ease when you're half naked and you have a cold speculum in your hoo-ha. She's amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jann Shiels, MD?
I've only seen Dr. Shiels a few times, she seems like a great doctor but I will not be returning. This is the only doctors office I have ever visited that insists on charging an office visit fee for follow up appointments. It seems like the office will refuse to discuss lab results over the phone just in case a prescription is needed in favor of setting up an appointment. I feel like my information was being held hostage and was was being taken advantage of financially. It's poor practice imo.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jann Shiels, MD?
I went in as a new patient, and wanted to discuss relief of menopausal symptoms. Dr. Shiels did not make me wait a long time to see her, and she spent a good amount of time with me. She made sure to go over my history and learn about me. Then she spent time discussing various options for treatment. She is going to make sure I am a suitable candidate for the treatment. I liked her personable demeanor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jann Shiels, MD?
Test taken and was called to come in for results. Husband & I had to take day off from work, 80 mile round trip, only to be told it was ok and will be monitoring it! Very expensive result. Doctor friend said she did that to get paid for another office visit. Following year I did labs a week before annual appt. Dr's office called next day saying to come in, told them I already had appt in 3 days. When I went in for my annual, they couldn't find lab results. Never found it the next year either.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jann Shiels, MD?
Very knowledgable doctor and definitely spends time discussing all your concerns. I would highly recommend her. It is also very nice going to a practice where they focus just on gynecologist issues, especially when you are not planning on having anymore children. Very laid back environment. My best experience ever at a doctors office!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jann Shiels, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shiels?

• Obstetrics & Gynecology