Dr. Janita Ardis, MD

Dr. Janita Ardis, MD

Psychiatry  |

Dr. Janita Ardis, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Oklahoma City, OK. She is 66 years old and has been practicing for 43 years. Dr. Ardis is affiliated with Integris Baptist Medical Center.

Janita M. Ardis, MD, Inc

1131 E Britton Rd

Oklahoma City, OK 73131

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • Community Care Network

Learn about Dr. Ardis

See how frequently Dr. Ardis performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychiatric Evaluation
Major Depressive Disorder
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Ardis's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Newcastle University
    Medical School | Graduated 1974
  • Ottawa Genl
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • U Ottawa
  • Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Ardis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ardis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ardis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ardis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ardis to family and friends
1.7
Dr. Ardis' Performance
    GOOD
Oklahoma City, OK |
The staff at this place is a joke. They don't give you the information you need and then they charge you $50 if you can't make the appointment. They told me I was paid up then when I went to the appointment they said I owed them over $100 dollars and I couldn't go to the appointment till I paid. They also said they would charge me another $50 dollars if i missed the appointment. All this for a Dr. that spends about 5 minutes with you and then throws gives you random pills.
Irving, TX |
Incredibly unprofessional staff. Dr Ardis leaves you waiting for anywhere from an hour to almost 3 hours for a ten minute appt. she is so cold it's almost upsetting, especially when she's suppose to be helping those with mental health challenges and illnesses. She barely says anything during an appt and seems disinterested in you and what you say. Unbelievably rude staff and incredibly unprofessional. Charges $50 for a missed appt. NOT WORTH IT!!! GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!!!!
in Guthrie OK |
Man the staff is so wonderful I have never been able to talk to any one about my bi polar and depression.don't know all the staffs names yet. I no one is Rose I think always so sweet. One is jerri thanks what her patients call her. I can open up to her she makes me feel so comfortable. The other is Dr Neneth . keep up the good work guys. You have me as a patient for life. One more thing they always work with you on paying bill. also if you need to be seen ASAP they will work you in
Oklahoma City, OK |
Took my brother in to be seen by Dr. Ardis. She is probably the single worst doctor I have ever encountered. She was as dull as dishwater, rude and the office staff is a joke.
in Stillwater, OK |
I called to make an appointment and was told I could not do that without my insurance card. When I called back with the insurance card number, I was told that I could not make an appointment for my husband, that he would have to call and make the appointment himself. When I explained that he was ill and that his doctor recommended I call, I was told that it was Dr. Ardis' policy that the patient must call for themselves and if I didn't like it I should find another doctor. I was then hung up on
in Edmond, OK |
Friendly staff. Short waiting time.
Oklahoma City |
Absolutely worthless. Don't waste your time with this "Doctor".
in Oklahoma City, OK |
The doctors at this office are satisfactory, but the office staff are difficult and rude. Good luck if you need a prescription refilled, have a billing problem or need to reschedule an appointment.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
The office staff and medical staff do not communicate. I have waited hours to see someone that wasn't in the office. Medication was not prescribed after I was told it would be. It seems to be a poorly run scam in my opinion.
in Edmond, OK |
At least an hour wait, staff are rude and unfriendly, constant problems with billing and prescriptions. Not worth the copay
in OK |
Would NOT recommend for a love one!!! Was sent to Dr. Ardis because we were told she dealt with elderly patients. We always felt rushed, Dr. Ardis was so busy writing during the appointment she never asked any questions, just told us the new meds to take. We felt there was no real concern for my father. They NEVER returned messages!!! Three times we went they couldn't find our file and had no notes or history of our visits. Horrible service to patients, do not waste your time with this doctor
in Oklahoma City, OK |
She'll make you wait over an hour past your appointment time just to see her for 15 minutes. It's ridiculous. And she has the most uncomfortable waiting room chairs. Staff is horrendously rude.
Moore, OK |
Read the policies thoroughly! Dr. Artis will charge you extra for anything she can. when severe weather was in OKC tornado warnings at my home, she expected me to bring grandchildren with me to my appointments. We were in our shelter 30 minutes later. I had to pay 100.00 for missing because they aren't responsible for the weather??? For an office caring for mental health, they sure made mine worse. The office manager is so rude its kinda sad!! Look at the reviews all under 2 stars.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Absolutely the worst experience I've ever had with a professional. Ardis is rude, uncaring, pays no mind to complaints, and cares only about money. Every experience I've had here has been terrible and it's obvious they care only about money. The staff (aside from Karina, she's wonderful) is rude, they make fun of patients when their backs are turned. They attempt to charge outrageous fees when they can give no reason or proof as to why it is owed. You'd be better off talking to a rock.
in Stillwater, OK |
This lady needs to see a good psychiatrist herself. Very disconnected and has poor communication skills. Her PA's are good, which is probably the only reason she stays in business. Office staff needs to work on customer relationship skills. Average wait time is forever.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
The staff, PA and therapists are great 5+ stars but I have seen Dr. Ardis one time for 5 mins just for her to ok what the PA decided. I feel like a psych doc should SEE patients, at least time to time. And she wasn't very friendly even that one time.
Dallas, TX |
Not impressed with her or especially her staff. She didn't even know the side effects of a medication she prescribed me.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Have 45 years history of depression and only saw Dr. 1 time of which she didn't even ask me about past treatment just very brief questions about how I'm feeling now. After that I only saw PA's. They put me on a medication roller coaster of 4 different melds over a 3 month period of which made my problems much worse.
in Enid, OK |
I expect Psychiatrists to be pill pushers. I want to be there just long enough to let them know I'm fine, get the scripts and walk out the door. Talked to Dr. Ardis just once. Very cold. Dealt with a PA for my next and last session. He was a nice guy. Office staff was HORRIBLE. Tried to charge me for a missed appointment that I never missed--even after I showed office manager documentation. Funny, when it happened the second time, she was too busy to speak with me. Find another.
Blanchard, OK |
Completely impersonal physician, has her patients see her counselors to deal with, patients though she has the MD, she does not do diagnosing, counselors do it based solely on DMSV symptoms. Very impersonal, she does not try to help the patients by talking to them. Has the personality of a cold dead fish. I would further classify her as a pill pusher, so you pay your co-pay for a scrip. She may keep you waiting 3-45 minutes, with no apology, and then will rush your appointment.
Have you seen Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
Are you Dr. Ardis?