Dr. Janita Ardis, MD

Psychiatry •  Female • Age 69

Dr. Ardis

Janita M. Ardis, MD, Inc

1131 E Britton Rd Oklahoma City, OK 73131

Dr. Janita Ardis, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK and has over 46 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Ardis has more experience with General Mental Health and Psychotic Disorders than other specialists in her area. She graduated from Newcastle University medical school in 1974. She is affiliated with medical facilities Integris Baptist Medical Center and Integris Bass Baptist Health Center. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ardis to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

See similar Psychiatry Specialists in Oklahoma City

• Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Ardis accepts

Dr. Ardis accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
Blue Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Community Care Network
Standard Network PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

General Mental Health

General mental health includes management, treatment and prevention of mental illness through risk factor screenings, counseling, group therapy, and wellness support.Compare with other General Mental Health specialists.

Typically treats 75% more than similar doctors

Psychiatric Evaluation

Dr. Ardis performs Psychiatric Evaluation more than 99% of their peers

Dr. Ardis performs this procedure more than 99% of their peers

Psychotic Disorders

Psychotic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that cause severe mental symptoms and disconnection from reality, such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, and substance-induced psychosis.Compare with other Psychotic Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 56% more than similar doctors

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Ardis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ardis

1.8

Dr. Ardis?
  • Wait times (47)
  • Staff friendliness (20)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (18)
  • Appointment was rushed (50)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (49)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (48)
I have been seeing Dr. Ardis for quite a few years now. I talk with Michael Talbert during my visits and am very happy with the help he provides me. The staff is wonderful, very friendly. The wait time is very short to see Michael so I have nothing negative to say. Keep up the good work.
BoogWoog – Jun 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I have been see Michael Talbert at Dr. Ardis office for roughly 5 years. Although I'm extremely satisfied with Michael, I cannot say that about the rest of the RUDE, unqualified and unhelpful staff. Throughout the years there have been NUMEROUS issues from prescription authorization to downright ERRONEOUS billing errors. In a few words, these people are CROOKS. Dr. Junita Ardis should be ashamed to have such a bubble headed staff handling even toilet cleaning in her practice! If you value your mental health I URGE you to find another provider before you throw good money after bad at these jerks! Honestly not worth the brain damage. In addition, they have refused me my rights as a patient, and according to HIPAA laws to release MY medical records. I give this clown school a one star rating because I had to in order to leave a review. In the real world they would be negative stars.
Brooke Halbert – Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
Have seen Ardis for a few years now, since she was on the Expressway. I’ve always had a great experience at her office. Not sure why the complaints, but Rose, the receptionist, has always been pleasant and sweet to me, and always has a smile. I’ve never had an issue with the cancellation fee but then I’m a responsible adult and make my appointments. Dr. Ardis and her staff are very knowledgeable about medications and have helped me a great deal. I feel both Ardis and Mike spend plenty of time with me and care about me. They’ve gotten me in with short notice when I’ve had some crises arise in my life and have always been there for me. I have to wait sometimes but that’s because Ardis loves talking to her patients and sometimes runs over. I see that as a plus not a negative. Even when she runs behind she always makes plenty of time for me and it’s well worth it. Don’t be scared by some of the negative reviews. Some of these folks have mental issues.
  • Long wait times
Aug 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I’ve seen Dr Ardis for over 20 years. She’s an outstanding psychiatrist and is very knowledgeable. I’m not sure why all of the complaints. Do what you’re supposed to do and be responsible about making your appointments and you’ll have a great experience. Yes, sometimes there’s a wait, but that’s with any doctor. Sometimes crises arise that Dr Ardis has no control over. Dr Ardis is an outstanding psychiatrist and a great colleague and friend. I trust her with my life and wouldn’t see anyone else.
Patrick Horn in Oklahoma City , OK – Mar 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I have seen Dr. Ardis for almost 20 years. Dawnett is consistently rude. She speaks to me each time in a condescending manner. She preaches to me each time about how to refill medication and still doesn’t fill correctly. 1 person is ruining a practice with very poor customer service.
Mar 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
The first time I tried to make an appointment with Dr. Ardis her receptionist told me that Dr. Ardis runs consistently late-she said sometimes an hour late. I was kept waiting almost an hour past my appt time one day and when I spoke up and asked when I would be seeing Dr. Ardis it was as if they forgot I was even there..even though I checked in, signed in and paid. Then, I called on a Friday afternoon, Rose told me “call your pharmacy!” hung up on me-and forwarded the calls for the wknd. RUDE.
Edmond, OK – Feb 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I was late by 5 minutes and was left waiting for over an hour until close. My first appointment had me waiting an hour as well.
OK – Feb 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I was referred by my pcp and the first visit, I sat and watched people come in, watched the waiting room empty twice and finally asked if they were close to seeing me! Second appointment was on the morning after 4 inches of snow had me blocked in my garage. I called to cancel. On rescheduled date they wanted me to pay $50 for missed appointment! I am far south OKC which got more snow than her office. I was also told they cancelled all the appts the day before but not Friday (a.m.). Have pics.
Denise in South Okla City – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Ardis for about 5 years and I love her and her staff. I don't know what all the complaints are about. Sure, I've had to wait a few times, but it's usually been because of extenuating circumstances. Most of the time my wait is no more than 10 minutes. The office staff is AMAZING. Seriously, they are top knotch! The office is nicely decorated and always clean. Dr. Ardis may not be the most chatty dr out there, but she's warm, professional and knows her stuff!
Michelle P. – Jan 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
She is brief but answers all questions.
Dec 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
If you don't actually have a problem, love to wait an hour, and prefer to be treated as if you were a machine part on assembly line in a factory, this is the office for you. Otherwise, go somewhere else. Anywhere else.
Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
My PCP referred me to a psychiatrist for severe anxiety. I've had 2 appointments and was told I wasn't going to be prescribed anything for it because of how addictive they are. I am currently awaiting surgery for two torn ligaments in my ankle and not even taking pain meds. But she offered me medication for ADHD... After your appointment you see the office manager and are sat right next to another person so you overhear their medications and next appointments. Wait times are awful.
Sep 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I was left waiting for an hour and a half, then the staff was supposed to call me, but a month later, no one has bothered.
  • Appointment was rushed
Sep 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
Dr. Ardis refused to refill a standing prescription for an anti-depressant because I missed an appointment (due to chemotherapy!). This refusal (without notice, by the way) borders on dangerous. When I canceled, I had requested that they call me to reschedule, but they never did. Prior visit was one month and a few days, but it was more important to get the missed appointment fee and an office visit than to help. Wait time is 1 hour+, even if you are the first client of the day.
  • Appointment was rushed
Jun 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I ask a lot of questions. She is very clear. If I don’t understand I tell her. I have not had problems of long waits. Her staff is very pleasant and the scheduler and refill person has always been friendly and very organized. I know the doctor has back problems so maybe some patients have caught her on a bad day. I am a health care provider so I probably understand how offices are run much better than most. If you want more talk time get a psychologist in addition to your psychiatrist.
  • Long wait times
Gayle in Moore,OK – Apr 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
The staff at this place is a joke. They don't give you the information you need and then they charge you $50 if you can't make the appointment. They told me I was paid up then when I went to the appointment they said I owed them over $100 dollars and I couldn't go to the appointment till I paid. They also said they would charge me another $50 dollars if i missed the appointment. All this for a Dr. that spends about 5 minutes with you and then throws gives you random pills.
Oklahoma City, OK – Jul 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
Incredibly unprofessional staff. Dr Ardis leaves you waiting for anywhere from an hour to almost 3 hours for a ten minute appt. she is so cold it's almost upsetting, especially when she's suppose to be helping those with mental health challenges and illnesses. She barely says anything during an appt and seems disinterested in you and what you say. Unbelievably rude staff and incredibly unprofessional. Charges $50 for a missed appt. NOT WORTH IT!!! GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!!!!
Irving, TX – Jul 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
Man the staff is so wonderful I have never been able to talk to any one about my bi polar and depression.don't know all the staffs names yet. I no one is Rose I think always so sweet. One is jerri thanks what her patients call her. I can open up to her she makes me feel so comfortable. The other is Dr Neneth . keep up the good work guys. You have me as a patient for life. One more thing they always work with you on paying bill. also if you need to be seen ASAP they will work you in
Robert Renaker in Guthrie OK – Jun 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
Took my brother in to be seen by Dr. Ardis. She is probably the single worst doctor I have ever encountered. She was as dull as dishwater, rude and the office staff is a joke.
Oklahoma City, OK – Jun 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I called to make an appointment and was told I could not do that without my insurance card. When I called back with the insurance card number, I was told that I could not make an appointment for my husband, that he would have to call and make the appointment himself. When I explained that he was ill and that his doctor recommended I call, I was told that it was Dr. Ardis' policy that the patient must call for themselves and if I didn't like it I should find another doctor. I was then hung up on
Carey in Stillwater, OK – May 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ardis?

• Psychiatry