Dr. Janita Ardis, MD

Dr. Janita Ardis, MD

Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 68

Dr. Janita Ardis, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Oklahoma City, OK and has been practicing for 45 years. She specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Ardis accepts

Dr. Ardis accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
Blue Choice
Community Care Network
Standard Network PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

Check Dr. Ardis' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder

1.8

Dr. Ardis?
Dr. Ardis' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Janita Ardis, MD
I’ve seen Dr Ardis for over 20 years. She’s an outstanding psychiatrist and is very knowledgeable. I’m not sure why all of the complaints. Do what you’re supposed to do and be responsible about making your appointments and you’ll have a great experience. Yes, sometimes there’s a wait, but that’s with any doctor. Sometimes crises arise that Dr Ardis has no control over. Dr Ardis is an outstanding psychiatrist and a great colleague and friend. I trust her with my life and wouldn’t see anyone else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I have seen Dr. Ardis for almost 20 years. Dawnett is consistently rude. She speaks to me each time in a condescending manner. She preaches to me each time about how to refill medication and still doesn’t fill correctly. 1 person is ruining a practice with very poor customer service.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
The first time I tried to make an appointment with Dr. Ardis her receptionist told me that Dr. Ardis runs consistently late-she said sometimes an hour late. I was kept waiting almost an hour past my appt time one day and when I spoke up and asked when I would be seeing Dr. Ardis it was as if they forgot I was even there..even though I checked in, signed in and paid. Then, I called on a Friday afternoon, Rose told me “call your pharmacy!” hung up on me-and forwarded the calls for the wknd. RUDE.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I was late by 5 minutes and was left waiting for over an hour until close. My first appointment had me waiting an hour as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I was referred by my pcp and the first visit, I sat and watched people come in, watched the waiting room empty twice and finally asked if they were close to seeing me! Second appointment was on the morning after 4 inches of snow had me blocked in my garage. I called to cancel. On rescheduled date they wanted me to pay $50 for missed appointment! I am far south OKC which got more snow than her office. I was also told they cancelled all the appts the day before but not Friday (a.m.). Have pics.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Ardis for about 5 years and I love her and her staff. I don't know what all the complaints are about. Sure, I've had to wait a few times, but it's usually been because of extenuating circumstances. Most of the time my wait is no more than 10 minutes. The office staff is AMAZING. Seriously, they are top knotch! The office is nicely decorated and always clean. Dr. Ardis may not be the most chatty dr out there, but she's warm, professional and knows her stuff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
She is brief but answers all questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
If you don't actually have a problem, love to wait an hour, and prefer to be treated as if you were a machine part on assembly line in a factory, this is the office for you. Otherwise, go somewhere else. Anywhere else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
My PCP referred me to a psychiatrist for severe anxiety. I've had 2 appointments and was told I wasn't going to be prescribed anything for it because of how addictive they are. I am currently awaiting surgery for two torn ligaments in my ankle and not even taking pain meds. But she offered me medication for ADHD... After your appointment you see the office manager and are sat right next to another person so you overhear their medications and next appointments. Wait times are awful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I was left waiting for an hour and a half, then the staff was supposed to call me, but a month later, no one has bothered.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
Dr. Ardis refused to refill a standing prescription for an anti-depressant because I missed an appointment (due to chemotherapy!). This refusal (without notice, by the way) borders on dangerous. When I canceled, I had requested that they call me to reschedule, but they never did. Prior visit was one month and a few days, but it was more important to get the missed appointment fee and an office visit than to help. Wait time is 1 hour+, even if you are the first client of the day.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I ask a lot of questions. She is very clear. If I don’t understand I tell her. I have not had problems of long waits. Her staff is very pleasant and the scheduler and refill person has always been friendly and very organized. I know the doctor has back problems so maybe some patients have caught her on a bad day. I am a health care provider so I probably understand how offices are run much better than most. If you want more talk time get a psychologist in addition to your psychiatrist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
The staff at this place is a joke. They don't give you the information you need and then they charge you $50 if you can't make the appointment. They told me I was paid up then when I went to the appointment they said I owed them over $100 dollars and I couldn't go to the appointment till I paid. They also said they would charge me another $50 dollars if i missed the appointment. All this for a Dr. that spends about 5 minutes with you and then throws gives you random pills.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
Incredibly unprofessional staff. Dr Ardis leaves you waiting for anywhere from an hour to almost 3 hours for a ten minute appt. she is so cold it's almost upsetting, especially when she's suppose to be helping those with mental health challenges and illnesses. She barely says anything during an appt and seems disinterested in you and what you say. Unbelievably rude staff and incredibly unprofessional. Charges $50 for a missed appt. NOT WORTH IT!!! GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
Man the staff is so wonderful I have never been able to talk to any one about my bi polar and depression.don't know all the staffs names yet. I no one is Rose I think always so sweet. One is jerri thanks what her patients call her. I can open up to her she makes me feel so comfortable. The other is Dr Neneth . keep up the good work guys. You have me as a patient for life. One more thing they always work with you on paying bill. also if you need to be seen ASAP they will work you in
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
Took my brother in to be seen by Dr. Ardis. She is probably the single worst doctor I have ever encountered. She was as dull as dishwater, rude and the office staff is a joke.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
I called to make an appointment and was told I could not do that without my insurance card. When I called back with the insurance card number, I was told that I could not make an appointment for my husband, that he would have to call and make the appointment himself. When I explained that he was ill and that his doctor recommended I call, I was told that it was Dr. Ardis' policy that the patient must call for themselves and if I didn't like it I should find another doctor. I was then hung up on
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
Friendly staff. Short waiting time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
Absolutely worthless. Don't waste your time with this "Doctor".
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janita Ardis, MD?
The doctors at this office are satisfactory, but the office staff are difficult and rude. Good luck if you need a prescription refilled, have a billing problem or need to reschedule an appointment.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Ardis?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Ardis treats patients.