Dr. Janice Wabeke, DO

Dr. Janice Wabeke, DO

Family Medicine  |
25 reviews

I am proud to be part of a dynamic group of primary care providers that care for all ages by providing wellness visits, immunizations and management of chronic illnesses including but not limited to diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia. I also offer same-day appointments when my patients are sick, so they can get the care they need to feel better – and stay healthy....See Less

Metro Health Comstock Park

• Health Net Federal Services
  • Meridian Health Plan
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Priority Health
  • Priority Health Choice, Inc.
  • Zurich

Learn about Dr. Wabeke

I actively listen to my patients and respect their needs. I educate my patients regarding health maintenance and the importance of having a good provider-patient relationship. I follow the guidelines of patient-centered medical home by openly communicating with my patients and working with them to develop a healthcare plan that helps them improve their health and stay well.

Dr. Wabeke's Experience

Dr. Wabeke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice/OMT

• Family Practice/OMT
    Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians*

• Acne
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Diseases
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

• Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Wart Removal
  • Well Baby Care

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• MI STATE UNIV COLL OF OSTEO MED
    Medical School | Graduated 1996

Dr. Wabeke has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wabeke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wabeke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Wabeke's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wabeke to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Wabeke Says:

I am committed to providing the best health care for my patients and appreciate your feedback. If you received great service and attention, please tell a friend. Please call the office if you have any immediate questions or concerns.

Dr. Wabeke's Performance
Comstock Park, MI |
Dr. Wabeke diagnosed me with back spurs, directed me to a spine center. While waiting for that appt. pain got very bad. Called office to see if I could get pain med. Told I had to see Dr. Went and she said "we don't give pain meds for arthritis". That was my question.- not a doctor, did not know. Received call the next day and told not to come back. Communication break down. There was no communication - she fired me as a patient! I don't have a clue why.
Denver, CO |
NEVER! A cancer diagnosis was missed that changed a young woman's life forever. The staff is rude and condescending. The doctor refused to investigate when the patient explained (on multiple visits) "something isn't right." Had they taken the time to investigate early on they could have caught this before it became a football size tumor. The patient had to demand a referral to a specialist and even that was met with resistance. So disgusted with this office.
Grand Rapids, MI |
I was with her for over a decade but when I switched to a HMO policy, she would not do the paper work even though she referred me to the other doctors. I ended up with thousands of dollars in bills and she lied and claimed she did the paperwork even though I had it in writing from the ins co that she didn't. After months of fighting over it, my stress was very high and I msg her that I did not feel safe and she turned off the mychart so I couldn't contact her. I will never recommend her.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
My first (and maybe only-i believe in 'chances) took 3+ months to get seen. Was not treated as a physical but billed as such. Got hostile attitude from receptionist because she didn't give me paperwork she was trying to have me "sign" for. Doctor stopped caring when I told her preferences and said "We aren't a pain facility." Yet she specializes in "osteoarthritis" and "arthritis".
Kent City, MI |
Dr. Wabeke is kind, friendly and easy to work with. She spends time answering questions and going over different treatment or medication options when I am concerned about one.
in Byron Center, MI |
She is kind,patient and generous with her time and talent.
Have you seen Dr. Janice Wabeke, DO?
Are you Dr. Wabeke?

• Health Net Federal Services
  • Meridian Health Plan
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Priority Health
  • Priority Health Choice, Inc.
    Priority Health Choice MIC - MIChild