Dr. Janet Flaton, MD

CounselingFemaleAge 61

Dr. Flaton

The Flaton ADDept Center

1302 MARSH ST San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

Dr. Janet Flaton, MD is a Counselor in San Luis Obispo, CA and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University Of Maryland School Of Medicine medical school in 1987. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Flaton to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Flaton treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Flaton's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

Dr. Flaton accepts

Dr. Flaton accepts the following insurance:

CaliforniaCare HMO

Dr. Flaton's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Flaton

2.6

Dr. Flaton

Dr. Flaton seems to be a great psychologist who's perhaps overworked. She places emphasis on teaching skills rather than immediately issue medication. If medication is what you're looking for, she might not be the best fit for you. The primary gripe would perhaps be her billing policy where she charges $300/hr with a mandatory exit meeting. Also, she's planning to discontinue her already limited insurance partnership later this year. If you have any type of insurance that's not a PPO, the fees will be significantly higher than other local options. Otherwise, she encourages patients to understand and have a self-understanding of the problem they're facing. If not for the logistical issues, costs, and availability, she might be able to help.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janet Flaton, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Flaton nearly 2 1/2 years and she has helped me tremendously. She’s not the type of doctor who prescribes your medication and says, “see you back in two months.” She works with her patients helping them begin to understand their ADHD and how to overcome the daily struggles involved with having it. She provides her patients with the necessary tools to be successful, requiring consistency and hard work from their behalf. When I started seeing Dr. Flaton I was nearly failing out of college finding it extremely difficult to apply myself. She helped me take a different approach and develop the skill sets I needed to motivate myself. I am now in my last year of college with my dream job secured and look forward to applying everything Dr. Flaton has taught me as I take the next steps. I highly recommend seeing her to anyone who struggles with ADHD.
Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janet Flaton, MD?
Dr. Janet Flaton has been the most influential person in my life thus far. I have struggled for much of my life but not truly understanding what I was struggling from. I started seeing her in Jan 2016 for ADHD and since then my life has changed in more positive ways than ever before. She is truly one of the strongest yet most gentle and loving human beings on this earth. I believe she has healing powers beyond just the capabilities of a doctor and she has the ability to touch and inspire anyone
San Luis Obispo, CA – Oct 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janet Flaton, MD?
My daughter moved here with an ADD diagnosis and functioned very well on medication. Dr. Flaton saw her 3 times a week for months while refusing to medicate her just yet. Some sessions consisted of her just listening to the doctor talk. She kept insisting that my daughter attend a Landmark Forum that was extremely expensive. The doctor said if my daughter's wellness was a priority to her, she'd find the money. My daughter's life began falling apart. We found another doctor, fortunately.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
San Luis Obispo, CA – Apr 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janet Flaton, MD?
I did not feel like she listened to me. She put my son on medications that took the light out of his eyes and kept on telling me to wait longer and longer in spite of my complaints. When I decided to go elsewhere, I got repeated phone calls from her office insisting that I come back for an exit appointment. I have spoken to others who have gone to her and have heard similar stories.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
San Luis Obispo, CA – Feb 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janet Flaton, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Flaton?

• Counseling