Dr. Janet Cash, MD

Dr. Janet Cash, MD

Dermatology | Female

Southview Dermatology 833 Saint Vincents Dr Ste 401 Birmingham, AL 35205 Get Directions

Dr. Janet Cash, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Birmingham, AL. She is 63 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Cash is affiliated with St. Vincent's Birmingham.

Dr. Cash's Experience

See how Dr. Cash's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cash

Dr. Cash accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Cash has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cash's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cash to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Cash's Performance
in Birmingham, AL |
They were good!Michelle and Dr Cash were very friendly!
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Cash and her staff are always nice and very accommodating to me. I called yesterday about a problem that I was having and I was able to be seen the next day.
in Birmingham, AL |
My visit with Dr. Cash was great. She was very thorough and informative. Her assistants, Ashley and Crystal are fantastic and courteous young ladies.
in Birmingham, AL |
Very professional and caring. She made you feel at ease was throughout the exam. Extremely nice person. I will definitely return if needed. She is the type of physcian I would recommend to my best friend.
Hanceville, AL |
My family was highly disappointed in the care received by Dr. Cash. I was surprised that her special interests included pediatrics as she did not address my son at all. She never even touched my son. Did not perform a thorough assessment and did not even remove my son's shirt even though part of his rash expanded to his back. Was very quick to write a topical steroid cream and suggested no alternative. Never returning. Have since seen a different derm and have been given answers and options.
Highly Recommended
in Birmingham, AL |
She listened to my problems and was very thorough in explaining everything.
Best Dr in Birmingham
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr.Cash and her staff are always so pleasant and addresses my issues in a timely manner.
in Birmingham, AL |
Always very professional and makes you feel comfortable as well as confident everything will be ok .
Very good.
in Birmingham, AL |
Always friendly and answers all my questions.
Very Satisfactory.
in Birmingham, AL |
She is the best of the best she a up front with u on health issue and has a great personality's/he will work with u on health and money to makepaymts.
Set my mind at ease .
Birmingham, AL |
While Dr. Cash is a very nice person, I was not impressed with the experience I had. I purposely scheduled an appointment at 8am, the earliest available. By the time Dr. Cash came to my room it was 8:55. She spent less than ten minutes with me, spending almost no time looking at the issues I needed. Spent almost no time with me, and have not seen any remedy to the issue I came for.
We appreciate candid feedback, even when not so flattering. We are disappointed to hear that there was any dissatisfaction with your visit, because we strive to provide superior care and an unrivaled patient experience. In our office, we dedicate ourselves to making sure each patient is fully assessed and cared for before leaving. If ever any questions or concerns arise, we encourage patients to reach out to us. We appreciate the chance to continue providing superior care to our community.
Birmingham, AL |
My appointment on January 6, 2017 was cancelled by the office manager due to possible inclement weather. There was no prior communication from the office staff about their decision to close the office. I was outside their door at 7:30 am as requested for my 8:00 appointment. The door was locked with no signage about closing but a voice message was already available which said they would be closed due to the weather.... Unprofessional and Unexcusable Experience!
We are sorry for the inconvenience that was caused due to our office being closed. The decision to close was made by the administrator of the multi-specialty group. The decision was made that morning after seeing how many roads were closed/iced over during the night. The managers of the facility worked diligently to contact each patient as soon as possible to let them know. Our call may have been missed by those with early appointments. Again, we extend our apologies and send out our best!
in Birmingham, AL |
Was a very pleasant visit. The staff and Dr were extremely nice and very professional.
in Birmingham, AL |
Long wait times. Short doctor- patient time. They also are horrible about returning calls. They leave voicemails that are uninforming or ones that are 1 second long and just the receptionist hanging up. They are slow to filing insurance so my prescriptions had expired This made me have to come back again to re-do all the tests (paid for by myself of course because they would take no blame). You also have to pay to park at the doctors office. ?I do not recommend.
Our goal is to provide the best possible care and patient experience possible. I appreciate the insight into our phone follow up process and will be working to improve it going forward. Additionally, I understand the frustration associated with insurance, however, authorizations are required for various medicines and treatments. We work hard to expedite the process but it is ultimately out of our hands. We welcome patients to reach out to us with any questions or concerns. Best wishes!
Vestavia, Alabama |
Doctor Cash is so knowledgeable and professional yet caring and compassionate. She's wonderful!
in Birmingham, AL |
The doctor and her assistant were very friendly and helpful in informing g me of their findings. Office was clean . I I would refer friends or family.
in Birmingham, AL |
Did not have to wait.thourough exam .
in Birmingham, AL |
very friendly and professional .
in Birmingham, AL |
Friendly staff, clean exam rooms, quiet waiting room, efficient but nice doctor.
in Bessemer, AL |
I was more than disappointed after my visit with Dr. Cash. I waited over an hour before being called back. While Dr. Cash was nice she spent less than 5 minutes with me. She briefly looked at the rash on my hand and named several things it could be, one of which is highly contagious. She had nurse write a prescription and then was gone. I paid more to see a specialist and I felt like she provided me with less information than I would have received at doc in box.
in Birmingham, AL |
I have been coming here for years. Great doctor/ always so kind and caring!
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr cash was very accommodating. She listened and seemed very concerned and eager to resolve my rash. Her nurse Crystal Thomas was very pleasant and sweet. I highly recommend Southview Dermatology.
in Birmingham, AL |
Very professional and kind staff. Dr. Cash was very attentive and informative with checking the areas out that concerned me.
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr Cash and her staff are always so friendly and accommodating. Making an appointment is easy and convenient, not a long wait to see her. I feel I am listened to and important.
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Cash is amazing and takes the time to listen and do everything I need to her to do!
in Warrior, AL |
I went in and was greeted by friendly office personnel. The wait to see the Dr. was only about 20 minutes total. Dr. Cash came in and looked me over and froze a mold on my back near my spine. Dr.Cash told me her assistant would cut off the remaining molds,that seemed a little strange to me. The assistant decided to burn off the remaining molds instead of cutting them as directed by the doctor. It is my opinion that the molds would have healed faster had they been cut off instead of burning.
in Birmingham, AL |
Always caring and careful in examinations, always has a smile.
Good experience.
in Birmingham, AL |
Spent time with me,did not act like she was hurried ,which I appreciated.
in Birmingham, AL |
Was referred to her by my GYN for a place on my breast and when I was finally called back to a room I waited 15 minutes while the staff laughed and talked outside in the hall and when she finally made her appearance she had me open my gown looked and the spot said to use more moisturizing lotion and turned around and walked out.. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone!!! very rude lady...
in Birmingham,AL |
When I arrived 30 min early, as requested, the gum-smacking girl at the front desk told me Dr. Cash was giving a deposition and they didn't know how long it would take. She said the PA couldnt see new patients, so I didnt even have that option. I told them I would have appreciated a phone call - even if they had caught me in the parking lot, I'd have been grateful. The girl just popped her gum, shrugged and turned back to the copier. All I can figure is they must not need any new patients!
Have you seen Dr. Janet Cash, MD?

Compare Dr. Cash

Dr. Cash's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Cash has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cash's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acanthosis Nigricans
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Genital Warts
  • Granuloma of Skin
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Lice
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

Graduated in 1975

• Other Education
    Emory University

Completed in 1980

Dr. Cash does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cash and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology