Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 40

Psychiatry

Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Lilburn, GA and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from UNIVERSITY OF BOMBAY / SETH GORDHANDAS SUNDERHAS MEDICAL COLLEGE in 2005. His office accepts telehealth appointments.

Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD

Atlanta Plus ADHD Center

3993 Lawrenceville Hwy NW Ste 140 Lilburn, GA 30047
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Ghelani's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ghelani's conditions and procedures:

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Ghelani accepts

Dr. Ghelani accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Select HMO

Dr. Ghelani's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ghelani

Dr. Ghelani

Only thing that has worked
After years of being misdiagnosed, I am so thankful I found Dr. Ghelani. I was slightly skeptical about the ADHD diagnosis after the test, but when Dr. Ghelani verbalized everything I have been struggling with all my life in a way that I never could, I trusted he could help. He uses clinical reasoning to determine the protocols he prescribes and it has changed my life. I cannot believe how much I struggled for 46 years. I highly recommend Dr. Ghelani.
ktultra – Jun 30, 2022
Excellent Professional Doctor
Dr. Ghelani is the best hands down. He has helped me in so many areas of my life. He is very professional. I feel he truly cares about me and my needs as a patient. He has been life changing for me. I've dealt with depression for most of my life. With his expertise, counseling and positive attitude I can see life in a different perspective. He is worth every penny if you do or don't have insurance. You keep your appointments and respect his time as he respects yours then you will never have a problem. I've Never had a problem getting in touch with him for my needs. If you are reading this, DR. GHELANI is the BEST HANDS DOWN. MY SAVING GRACE!
Tammy Fredriksen – Apr 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
Doc has been awesome for my daughter and myself. My daughter's meds and time with Dr. Ghelani have shown great improvement in her behavior and grades. Always makes it a point to listen and provide feedback. If you need a good Doc give them a call.
Coach – Apr 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
Worth the time and money
I came to Dr. Ghelani as a result of suffering from ADHD and OCP symptoms. He provided coping skills as well as a path forward based on sound analysis and testing. I was at a delicate moment and really needed help/guidance. Definitely worth the money if your insurance doesn't cover him as a provider.
Patient X – Feb 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
Great doctor. Really does listen and care for his patients. I saw him at a previous practice and am seeing him now after a year and a few months. Would recommend Dr. Ghelani to anyone!
Heather Bowen – Dec 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
I actually was a former patient of Dr. Ghelani in another practice he was part of. After a while, I came over to the ADHD center and asked if he could take me as a new patient. (Understandably) he asked if I could try out another practitioner due to being overbooked, slammed with appointments, as I’m sure if any of you have seen a psychiatrist before know already. I actually ended up not finding anyone to take me on as they had full schedules as well. I didn’t call back because I have great respect for the man and wanted to do everything I could before asking him to take an even bigger case load (I understand the struggle as I worked in the medical field). Get this-Dr. Ghelani called ME back to ask if I had found someone. When I told him I had made an effort he didn’t hesitate and took me on. I am a former paramedic who, apparently, had PTSD before ever going in the medical field. I also think I carried some of it home FROM the medical field. He helped me treating it during my tenure
Chris – Dec 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
I have the utmost trust in His knowledge and 100% agreed with His diagnosis and gradual introduction of meds. I honestly feel like He cares. With that said. I couldn't ever get a call back. I only called because the patient portal through which He told Me to use if I had questions wasn't getting any responses either. My request was to change my 2 instant release doses that equaled 30 mg daily to 1 extended release 30 mg daily. Same drug. I believe that is a reasonable request seeing as my schedule is busy like so many others is. I'd take to late after lunch or get distracted at a customer lunch bid and not take until 1 or 2 when 11:30 Am was My dose time. First at 5:30 after breakfast before meetings. Which worked fine until life happens. He not only ignored this resonable request 2 months in a row that I submitted via His protocol, His wife i'm assuming that's who She is anyway answered the 3rd month and kept Me on phone an hour wasting My time. Not even my doctor, only to insult Me.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Jeremy Fountain – Nov 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
Dr.Ghelani is amazing with our family. He listens and gives you tools to help situations that cause anxiety or stress. He honestly cares about his patients , he makes sure you have a plan of action to meet the upcoming days and weeks ahead. He is easy to talk to and always makes sure you understand your treatment. 2020 was a hard year for everyone but he was our bright light.
N Benefield – Sep 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
Dr. Ghelani has helped change my life and worked diligently with me to get my mental health back to were it should be. Before I started meeting with Dr. Ghelani I was in a bad place but, he has worked with me over the last year and truly been such a blessing. He is patient and very understanding, he worked with me on my medication as well as daily routines and now I feel better than ever. I highly recommend Dr Ghelani and would to anyone. 5 out of 5 stars!!
Matt S – Apr 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
Dr. Ghelani seems to be a very kind and sincere person. He has been treating my young adult son and my son really likes him and feels comfortable working with him. Because of the awkward situation of having an "adult" son who needed my help getting things arranged for treatment, there was some confusion initially about how the communication for appointments was to work but I think that has been sorted out. Pretty sure that would have been true with any provider though and is more a reflection of our situation than anything else. Dr. Ghelani took the initiative to follow up on that issue, which I greatly appreciate.
Denise M – Dec 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Ghelani’s for some time and he is excellent. He has treated my children as well. I have seen many psychiatrists over 20 years as I my occupation requires frequent relocation. He is the best I have seen. My diagnosis was never correct and therefore impossible to treat. He worked through my family history and my current issues and made the correct diagnosis and is treating the condition very well. I will be forever grateful for his care. Highly recommend.
Dec 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
Excellent Psychiatrist. Goes out of his way to help when needed.
Ashley R – Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
My husband and I are doing well because of Dr. G's recommendation to get psychiatric assesment and medication treatment. He is our grandsons doctor. He helped our grandson wih ADHD treatment. His proactive counseling to encourage us getting on meds saved our marriage.
Daphne, AL – Mar 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
Good medicine combination, my son is doing well.
Mobile, AL – Aug 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
He was stern but caring to my kid.
Aug 06, 2016
Very good experience.
Sam in Decatur, AL – Jul 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
My daughter had very good things to say about him. She mentioned he was caring, explained treatment in detail and very funny.
New Orleans, LA – Jun 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?
Helpful, funny. He is easy to talk to.
Madison in Huntsville, AL – Jun 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Janak Ghelani, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ghelani?