Dr. Jan Brandes, MD

Dr. Jan Brandes, MD

Neurology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Jan Brandes, MD is a neurology specialist in Nashville, TN and has been practicing for 30 years. She graduated from Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine in 1989 and specializes in neurology.

300 20th Ave N Ste 106

Nashville, TN 37203

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check Dr. Brandes' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Brandes' Top Procedures and Conditions

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Brandes treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 98% of her peers

Dr. Brandes treats this condition more than 98% of her peers

Migraine

Dr. Brandes treats Migraine more than 97% of her peers

Dr. Brandes treats this condition more than 97% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Basilar Migraine

• Epilepsy
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Syncope
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

48.38709677419355%

Dr. Brandes?
Dr. Brandes' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jan Brandes, MD
Office is less than helpful. PCP sent records, referral as per protocol, still waiting a month later and when I call them office they “have no info” on me. Less than professionally run and now doctor out on sabbatical. I have wasted 2 months. Don’t waste your time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Brandes, MD?
She is an outstanding physician. I had migraines that left me unable to work, but with her help they are under control. Yes, the wait is long, but she gives every patient her undivided attention. I bring work or a book to read, and the time is not a problem. I have moved out of state and travel 7 hours to continue to be under her treatment. She treat the "whole" patient, not just symptoms with kindness and empathy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Brandes, MD?
My first appointment, I was literally there the entire time the office was open, most of it waiting. I was told this was common for the initial appointment, and that things would be better for subsequent appointments. Not true. You WILL wait to be seen for between 2-6 hours. Every time. You WILL have to wait months for an appointment. It took me 18 months to get in the first time. The staff will NOT have any sympathy at all for your time, your inconvenience, or your pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Brandes, MD?
They seem to have extreme difficulty managing time and they are very insensitive and callous. I am an established patient and my wait time are hours. Just this past December at waited appox. 2.5 hours and when the nurse finally came in the patient room in the back she said the wait could still be an hour or more and I'm an established patient. I told the staff I couldn't wait any longer I was in too much pain, headaches and especially, having had several recent surgeries. So, I had to leave. Now
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Brandes, MD?
Dr. Brandes and her staff are very professional and caring. The only issue I've had was a long wait but that means Dr. Brandes and her staff are spending a lot of time with their patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Brandes, MD?
After being referred, I was excited to try to get almost daily excruciating migraines under some control. She put me on a cocktail of drugs plus the medication to abort the migraine when it happened. As I got worse she added drugs but explained that I couldn't drop any medications as they were necessary. After several years under her care I was barely able to function. I ended up at Vanderbilt to see if I had MS. I didn't. But I did have too many medications. After I asked my general doctor to t
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Brandes, MD?
Dr Brandes is a caring & capable doctor. However her office is so poorly run that care is sacrificed. 2 to 4 hr wait times are common, urgent appointments are not available & nurses will not return phone calls. The only way to relay important medical concerns is through receptionists with no medical knowledge. Despite their desire to help they often mismanage medical information due to their lack of training. Consequently I have been given wrong prescriptions & medical advice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Brandes, MD?
Dr. Brandes and her expert team of Nurse Practitioners are each knowledgeable, caring and trustworthy. From my first office visit, I have been extremely impressed with how well they listen to my concerns and work with me to develope a treatment plan that has kept me migraine free for weeks!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Brandes, MD?
Awful Dr. very unprofessional. Sad. My daughter always has a long wait. Very seldom sees the Dr. but has to review with a nurse who is very seldom up to date. Very poor help. Almost 3 week wait for test results that were available much sooner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Brandes, MD?
Dr. Brandes herself is extremely thorough. However, one is lucky if they ever get to see her. She will spend an extremely long time in the room with you on your first visit, however, your visit will be canceled numerous times for whatever reasons. After you see her, you will not be seeing her again for a while. You will then be seeing a nurse practitioner for follow-ups. I switched to another neurologist because my pain can't be postponed and I want a neurosurgeon- not a nurse practitioner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Brandes, MD?
My experience with Dr. Brandes was not a good one. On my first appointment, I was given a occipital nerve shot, which turns out, my insurance did not cover leaving me to pay over $900. I also got large bills for the blood work that was performed, but after speaking to my insurance and them putting in the correct medical codes for why I had the test in the first place, the charges were covered. Second visit, I waited 3 hours to see the doctor. Too many more things to list here.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Brandes, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Brandes?

Insurance accepted