Dr. Jan Brandes, MD

Dr. Jan Brandes, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Jan Brandes, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. She is 63 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

300 20th Ave N Ste 106

Nashville, TN 37203

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Coventry Health Care of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Brandes

See how frequently Dr. Brandes performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Migraine
Headache

Dr. Brandes's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Parkinson's Disease
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Syncope
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Vanderbilt Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Vanderbilt University Hospital

Dr. Brandes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brandes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brandes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Brandes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brandes to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Brandes' Performance
Murfreesboro, TN |
After being referred, I was excited to try to get almost daily excruciating migraines under some control. She put me on a cocktail of drugs plus the medication to abort the migraine when it happened. As I got worse she added drugs but explained that I couldn't drop any medications as they were necessary. After several years under her care I was barely able to function. I ended up at Vanderbilt to see if I had MS. I didn't. But I did have too many medications. After I asked my general doctor to t
Nashville TN |
Dr Brandes is a caring & capable doctor. However her office is so poorly run that care is sacrificed. 2 to 4 hr wait times are common, urgent appointments are not available & nurses will not return phone calls. The only way to relay important medical concerns is through receptionists with no medical knowledge. Despite their desire to help they often mismanage medical information due to their lack of training. Consequently I have been given wrong prescriptions & medical advice.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Brandes and her expert team of Nurse Practitioners are each knowledgeable, caring and trustworthy. From my first office visit, I have been extremely impressed with how well they listen to my concerns and work with me to develope a treatment plan that has kept me migraine free for weeks!
in Cornelius, NC |
Awful Dr. very unprofessional. Sad. My daughter always has a long wait. Very seldom sees the Dr. but has to review with a nurse who is very seldom up to date. Very poor help. Almost 3 week wait for test results that were available much sooner.
Shelbyville, TN |
Excellent care! Long wait but worth I as she will spend all the time you need. Headache free for five years. Finally have quality to my life again!
in Bowling Green, KY |
Dr. Brandes herself is extremely thorough. However, one is lucky if they ever get to see her. She will spend an extremely long time in the room with you on your first visit, however, your visit will be canceled numerous times for whatever reasons. After you see her, you will not be seeing her again for a while. You will then be seeing a nurse practitioner for follow-ups. I switched to another neurologist because my pain can't be postponed and I want a neurosurgeon- not a nurse practitioner.
in Hartselle, AL |
My experience with Dr. Brandes was not a good one. On my first appointment, I was given a occipital nerve shot, which turns out, my insurance did not cover leaving me to pay over $900. I also got large bills for the blood work that was performed, but after speaking to my insurance and them putting in the correct medical codes for why I had the test in the first place, the charges were covered. Second visit, I waited 3 hours to see the doctor. Too many more things to list here.
Have you seen Dr. Jan Brandes, MD?
Are you Dr. Brandes?