Dr. James Young III, MD

Practices Urology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 340 reviews.
Author:
After moving to Fl. ,I was looking for a new urologist. I came across Dr.Young on the internet. I new I had BPH. Went to Dr. Young, thought I would get refills for my scripts. Dr.Young advised me of a relatively new procedure [ REZUM].Dr. Young explained the procedure " with drawings" .Between him and his staff I felt at ease. I had the procedure .I am off all the scripts I would have still been on .I feel great and am doing great .Kudos to Dr.Young and his staff.
Author:
One of the best experiences I have ever had in any Dr's office. The Dr and everyone on his staff made me feel very comfortable with the procedure I had. They were very prompt never kept me waiting.
Author:
I feel very comfortable with Dr. Young's expertise regarding my particular situation...not to say he isn't completely qualified in all areas of Urology. Very personable...and professional at the same time. I feel he's genuinely concerned with my "issue" and resolving same. I would highly recommend Dr. Young to anyone that needs treatment by a top Urologist.
Author:
When I first attended Dr. Young's seminar on the "Rezume" procedure, I was miserable. I would have to get up 3-4 times each night to urinate. I had BPH, ED, and incontinence. I had tried every drug known to man and suffered every side effect they listed. As far as I am concerned Dr. Young and his staff are miracle workers. After having the procedure, I now sleep through the night. My frequency is normal. My ED and incontinence have ended. I am very pleased that I had the "Rezume"
Author:
I live in Michigan 4 months Florida 8 months started seeing Dr. Young 2 years ago he is now the only one I will see. had the resume procedure done back in Jan 2016 no longer have to run to the bathroom at night or at anytime. his office runs like clock work. do not know why they have any thing to read in the waiting room as one never gets past the first page. would highly recommend him gary.
Author:
I first saw Dr Young in 2017 because I was having issues with having to get get up multiple times at night to go urinate which was affecting my sleep. Dr Young after examining me determined I had a enlarged prostate. After further tests he recommended the REZUM procedure to resolve my issue and explained the procedure and length of time for the healing process. I was very pleased with the result of the REZUM procedure and Dr Young's care he provided. I would highly recommend Dr Young.
Author:
I had a TERP about 12 years ago compared with that this was a walk in the park. Clear explanations, clear understanding and a solidly efficient practice. I like Dr Young personally but his competence is much more important. No pain, no irritation, no discomfort.
Author:
Dr.Young is an outstanding Urologist.I was treated by him for my BPH symptoms.I dont think we can find a better urologist .he is that good.he explained very clearly all the procedures well ahead of the treatment.I am very happy with the results.
Author:
I strongly recommend Dr. James Young. I had a very good experience. Since my first visit everything work very well. I am very glad to made the right decision to see Dr. Young. Thanks
Author:
I had the Rezum procedure at the recommendation from Dr. Young was very pleased with the results and easy recovery. Excellent staff, kind and courteous.
Author:
I am new to florida and did not know any Dr till I found Dr James Young. I was having a hard peeing and my testosterone level was down. Dr Young took me as a new patient and my insurance and after two months I have no cancer I can pee and he has me back on my testosterone shots. I would recommend Dr. Young to anyone that has a problem. His staff and the girls in the office are great and friendly. They make you feel like you are family. The Dr has a Since of humor he answers all your questions
Author:
Dr. Young and his dedicated and professional staff exceeded all my high expectations. First rate care!
Author:
Dr.Young is a excellent urologist and I would recommend him to anyone.
Author:
A good sense of humor, professional and keeps up on latest procedures and explains completely.
Author:
Dr. Young preformed the Rezum procedure to improve my BPH condition which has been unsuccessfully treated in the past by other urologists. He accomplished this in his office operating room aided by a very professional staff and the results to date are very encouraging. The procedure was basically painless and had no effect on my daily living routines aside from just taking it easy for the first few days. Dr. Young definitely rates Five Stars for every aspect of his urology practice.
Author:
Just completed the Resume procedure with Dr. Young and have been very pleased with the results.I found Dr. Young and his staff to be very professional during this procedure and would highly recommend him and his staff for those requiring urology needs. Peter L. Boggio The Villages,Florida
Author:
DR. Young is the best, I have been to many MDs for BPH over the last 6 yrs, he not only knows what he is doing but he also has a great bedside manner. Don't waste your time and money with others.
Author:
I found Dr. Young and his staff very professional, very willing to comfort the patient. The whole process went very well. I would highly recommend Dr Young. Best urologist I have ever been to.
Author:
My first visit with Dr James Young, where his entire staff from the receptionist desk to the well trained special assistants are courteous, kind and efficient at making your office visit as timely as possible, he described the minimally invasive Rezum procedure that delivers radiofrequency generated thermal therapy to the offending prostate tissue that is causing BPH symptoms. Dr. Young’s skills with this procedure are awesomely precise with a successful 'text book' outcome / no complications!!
Author:
Happy with the results of Rezum. Dr Young is very competent, caring Dr. Me and my wife appreciate the care He has extended to me. Iam throroughly impressed with the medical and administrative services I received from Dr. Young. The staff are extremely friendly and professional. Thank you Mirna.. I most certainly would recommend him to anyone needing to check out their prostate.
Author:
Dr James Young AND his staff are truly best in class (#1), highly recommended for BPH help. Dr, Young takes the time to explain procedures, tests, and results step by step in a way a patient can understand. His entire staff; nurses, front desk, and billing are always kind and very efficient, ensuring needs are met. The Rezum RF therapy is fast and painless, post Rezum after 6 weeks I am flowing like a 20 year racehorse again and off BPH meds.
Author:
Knowledgeable and thorough. Happy with the results of Rezum.
Author:
Its not often that you get a chance to thank your doctor, Dr James W. Young III, MD for making your life more functional and pleasant. Dr Young said that by having the Rezum Procedure and following his recommendations my life would be much improved. He was right, and I thank him and his entire staff for their help and support.
Author:
My treatment plan was excellent. Everything was resolved with just 1 treatment and several follow up visits. I was treated for BPH with Rezum therapy.
Author:
I had the REZUM procedure for enlarged prostate and I'm peeing like a 20 year old.
Author:
I had the REZUM procedure on October 11, 2016. This is a minimally invasive procedure that removes the portion of the prostate blocking or reducing the size of the urinary tract. There was very little pain and recovery was relatively fast. I started to notice significant improvement in my urinary function (reduction in leaks and urgency) within 4 weeks, with continued improvement for another 6 weeks. At this time my urinary function is what I consider normal like it was 20 years ago.
Author:
DR. YOUNG IS VERY COMPETENT, CARING DOCTOR. I APPRECIATE THE CARE HE HAS EXTENDED TO ME.
Author:
I am thoroughly impressed with the medical and administrative services I received from Dr. James Young. I contacted his office after having a rather unproductive treatment with Urology of Florida in Orlando. My wife, after many disconcerting events with Dr. Inoel Rivera and his staff, decided against "active surveillance". Thanks to Rezum procedure I am no longer taking double dose of Tamsulosin. Thank you Lisa, Frank, Mirna and of course Carly who laughed at my sometimes funny comments.
Author:
Dr. Young III and his staff are extremely friendly and professional. I most certainly would recommend him to anyone needing to check out their prostate. All of my appointments, including the day of the procedure were quick, though not rushed.
Author:
Reading Dr.Young's consistently high ratings made the decision to see him quite easy. The Rezum procedure that he did was successful and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone with prostate issues.
Author:
Dr. Young cares about his patients and makes sure they are comfortable with his recommendations as to the procedures that he suggests. Along with his outstanding medical staff, his front office staff is second to none. it s reassuring to know that the procedure recommended by Dr. Young is sure to be successful and will bring comfort to his patients. I would highly recommend Dr. Young to all who are suffering with a Urological problem or want to have periodica check-ups before problems begin.
Author:
Dr. Young is A-1, top of the heap. No negative comments whatsoever, except that his office is too far from Clermont. Would firmly recommend!
Author:
Dr Young is an extremely capable and caring Doctor. He diagnosed my BPH and said I was a prime candidate for the Rezum procedure. Today marks 5 weeks since the procedure and I am urinating like a teenager again I am 65. His staff is nothing short of sensational. They all make you feel like you at your home. I am very thankful for finding this Urologist.
Author:
Went to Dr Young on an internet search when I was having some urinary issues. His staff was extremely friendly and helpful and I was immediately impressed by Dr. Young with his humor and obvious knowledge. After his examination and some blood work, he stated that I was a prime candidate for the "Rezum" prostate treatment for benign enlargement. Now after 4 or 5 weeks I find myself urinating like I was 30 again. (I'm 68}. The healing process is a little slow but the results are already apparent.
Author:
I switched to Dr. Young after being dissatisfied with another urologist in the Villages. Man, am I glad I did! His staff is great and he was most down to earth guy who made me feel comfortable right away! His knowledge of the prostate is obvious once you start talking to him. He recommended the Rezum procedure to relieve the grip my enlarged prostate had on the urethra. The results have been great! Highly recommended!!
Author:
Dr Young has been my Urologist since I moved to The Villages 3 years ago. He takes as much time as you need, and explains all your alternatives. His nurses and staff are friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. I had the Rezum procedure for an enlarged prostate and am very happy with the results. Dr Young has done thousands of prostate procedures and is recognized as a leading expert in this field.
Author:
I would recommend Dr. Young III.
Author:
Doctor Young spends the necessary time with the patient regardless of "allotted time". His staff is especially friendly and doesn't waste your time. The office regards your time as important as the doctor's. Dr Young is knowledgeable on what is new in prostate care and is compassionate.
Author:
I liked and trusted Dr. Young from my very first visit. He recommended the new Rezum procedure for my condition. It worked extremely well and I am very pleased with the results. Dr. Young and his staff are warm, caring and personal.
Author:
I went to see Dr. Young for a problem that has been bothering me for months. I was diagnosed with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Dr. Young was genuine and approachable. He gave clear results and was very sincere. It's difficult to find doctors like him. I strongly reccomended Dr. Young if you need a urologist.
Author:
One of the best decisions I ever made was to make an appointment with Dr. Young. I had suffered for over two years with getting up multiple times at night and no being able to urinate. On evaluation Dr. Young recommended the "REZUM" treatment for my BPH. Now all is normal after a few visits for the treatment. Dr. Young and staff were all very professional,friendly and supportive. I highly recommend them. I only wish I had visited their office sooner.
Author:
Very competent doctor but can be rather gruff with patients. At times he seems more interested in his computer screen than he is on you. He answers your questions but doesn't offer much unless you know what to ask. His very friendly and competent staff make up for his lack of warmth. Overall not bad but don't expect a Marcus Welby.
Author:
I changed insurance carriers to see Dr. Young. I had the procedure for BPH and have been more than pleased with the results.
Author:
I had BPH, Dr Young recommended I have the REZUM procedure. Before the procedure I was up at night peeing every hour and that was after not drinking anything after super. Now 5 weeks after the procedure before I go to bed I drink pop while watching TV and get up once to pee. Dr Young said, “things will continue to improve in the coming weeks”. Dr. Young's staff is 5 star also.
Author:
Very pleased with the whole process from Dr Young explaining the REZUM procedure through the interim preparatory visits with the great staff ending with the procedure which went quickly and smoothly. After the Rezum procedure (look it up on the web) there are a couple of post procedure follow up visits. So far I am happy with the improvement in urination and have less discomfort also. Do it, Dr Young and the staff take good care of you!
Author:
I had BPH and Dr. Young did a Rezum procedure. Went great. The staff is fantastic and very helpful. Dr. Young spent as much time with me as I needed and answered all of my questions and concerns. I would recommend him and his staff highly. The Rezum procedure is new and has solved my BPH problem.
Author:
Dr. Young was able to correct my frequent urination with the Rezum Procedure. I am off all Prostate meds that I have been for years. Through routine, follow up tests, and then biopsies, he found out I have Prostate Cancer, something the other urologists missed completely. He takes time with you during appointments. He explains all procedures completely. His staff is excellent. Billing works with insurance.
Author:
I had a very good experience with dr young. The procedure I had to have done was done so gently that I didn't even realize it was over. Never felt a thing. And the staff was so pleasant.
Author:
Have had the new prostate procedure done...Rezum. It was quick, easy, and I went home with no pain. Within one week I resumed my daily routine. I would recommend this procedure to anyone who has an enlarged prostate and is qualified. Dr Young is a caring, experienced doctor.
Author:
Dr Young and staff performed a new procedure called REZUM A five min painless procedure that increased the flow, less trips to the rest room and good nights sleep. Highly recommend the Rezum procedure performed by Dr Young and friendly staff.