Dr. James Young III, MD

Practices Urology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 336 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Young is an excellent and caring urologist. His staff is outstanding, and wait times in his office are minimal. I had the Rezum treatment and the results have been excellent. I do not urinate anywhere near as often as I did before the treatment and there has been a marked improvement in my urine flow. I would recommend the Rezum treatment for anyone who is suffering from urinary incontinence.
Author:
Had prostate Problems most of my life. Thought I had a very shy badder. Nine years ago I had the green light done. Solved the problem of getting up at night, but still had problems going most of the time. Went to Dr Young had the resume procedure done plus he retrained my bladder. Best choice ever. Out standing office and medical staff. Most of the time you are taken back within 10 to 15 min.
Author:
I recently had the Rezum procedure in the spring of 2018. From the pre Rezum visits to the follow up after the procedure Dr. Young and his staff did an excellent job. Dr. Young is very experienced in the procedure and his nurses provide excellent support. In addition his front office staff did a great job of communicating, managing appointments and providing answers to questions. I would recommend the Rezum procedure to anyone dealing with issues associated with BPH.
Author:
Dr. Young was very thorough from the very first visit. His staff also professional and knowledgeable.
Author:
I am very happy with the results of my Rezum procedure. Dr Young and his staff are great. Would recommend the procedure to those having a weak stream and are not happy with the use of the drug to treat it. I am off all medication for my formerly enlarged prostrate.
Author:
Dr. Young performed the Rezum procedure for me in December. I am very happy with the outcome. Dr. Young is simply outstanding, taking the time to explain everything in detail and his office staff are skilled professionals. I highly recommend him and the Rezum procedure.
Author:
I recently had the rezum procedure performed by Dr Young and the results have been outstanding. I had been dealing with slow and frequent urination along with a feeling of urgency when I had to go. After the procedure the symptoms have steadily decreased. Now I feel better than I have for over 30 years. I would highly recommend Dr Young and his staff as they always exhibited a high degree of professionalism, courtesy and friendliness. And, the procedure works.
Author:
I have been so glad I have found Dr Young. I read an article he wrote in the Ocala magazine about the Resume Method for the Prostate. I had minimal discomfort, no pain or burning during or after procedure. He has a great friendly and courteous staff. Wait time was right on. I never spent more than 2 or 3 minutes in waiting room. He explains the procedure and what is going to happen.
Author:
I went to Dr. Young about a year ago. I read that there are many ways to treat a man Prostrate. I can not say enough about his staff i was treated well from day one till i finished with the treatment. I own three company's and i would hire anyone of his people in a minute to work for me . So i say to you do your homework BUT do not make the mistake of not talking to this man. This is the newest way to do this and you will never regret going there. I look forward to seeing your comments here.
Author:
I had the Resume procedure done in the beginning of 2018. The staff at Dr. James Young office is very professional. The moment you enter the office they make you feel at home and they get you in there within minutes no wait time. When I first went there I was very nervous but after the first day no problem everything went smooth between the doctors, the nurses and staffs. Definitely recommend Dr. James Young
Author:
Dr. Young's evaluation, diagnosis and recommended treatment of my enlarged prostat with the RESUME procedure turned out Great!. He is confident and secure doing this procedure. Expect the normal period of discomfort and inconvenience during the recovery period. But the final results are outstanding. No issues at all. 100% success. Having been over 6 months, sorry I did not have done sooner. Sleeping through the night, complete control. Feel like a 20 year old again!!
Author:
I give my highest recommendation to Dr. James Young. He’s that rare breed of doctor who’s both extremely knowledgeable and exceptionally caring and compassionate. The Rezum procedure has given me amazing results, well worth the 2 hour drive from my home in Lakewood Ranch to his office in Lady Lake. Kudos also to his outstanding office staff, a group of warm, caring professionals, who were sensitive and responsive to my questions, phone calls and emails.
Author:
I have been a patient for several years and two BHP procedures. His practice is run very efficiently, his instructions and comments are very much to the point and usually also in written form . He must be treating his staff well because they are effective and friendly.. I have never waited longer than 15 minutes.
Author:
Had rezume procedure results great. Dr. Young and his staff are very professional I would recommend them To anybody who has a Prostrate issue.
Author:
as with most men my age ,we have enlarged prostates, I was seeking a professional to address the problems Finding Dr Young was the best. I am more than satisfied with the doctor and his staff , who i might add can give you a shot without feeling it..I highly recommend his services. He performed the ReZume procedure what a pleasure to urinate freely and emptying the bladder
Author:
Awesome doctor. Spent quality time with you as you didnt feel rushed. Made sure all your questions were answered. Also very punctual and respective of your time.
Author:
I had a great experience with my journey to being able to urinate freely with the Rezum procedure. Doctor Young and his staff were super professional and made me feel comfortable in a series of procedures that I have never had and was apprehensive about. The outcome was great and now I am urinating like a 30 year old. I would highly recommend this urologist and the Rezum procedure. Scheduling was very sure with no problems. The office was great and the staff were very courteous and friendly.
Author:
Dr. Young and his staff are the best and I would recommend his services to anyone that need help.
Author:
Some people don't understand the long term effects of not having a complete prostate evaluation when you reach a certain age. Dr Young gives a complete evaluation and there is no doubt about the findings. He then gives in detail the best solutions and treatment to any problems found. I recommend Dr young to anyone that is interested in knowing the state of their prostate. I changed Doctors because of the lack of complete prostate evaluations. Let there be no doubt about his procedures. Do it now
Author:
If you are experiencing the annoying symptoms related to an enlarged prostate you need to see Dr. Young for The Rezum Procedure. I got a great result & and Dr. Young & his staff were a pleasure to work with. They are all about the patient!
Author:
He is very thorough and cares about his patients. There is no better urologist around. I had the Rezum treatment in his office. It was almost pain-free and over quickly. I highly recommend him to any male in Central Florida whose BPH needs treatment.
Author:
Doctor Young has my highest recommendation as a doctor. He is very caring and provides excellent professional services. He has been my Urologist for 4 years. I have no reservations referring him to my friends and family. He performed the Rezum procedure on me last year it was a quick non painful procedure that allowed me to have a normal urine flow. Dr Young is a world class urologist that and has my highest recommendation. His staff is caring and professional.
so so
Author:
I would definitely recommend this renowned doctor, My prostate was almost the size of a baseball. I was one of only two patients that needed the rezum procedure performed twice due to the size of the prostate. I had the procedures done in March & Nov of 2017. I'm currently undergoing the 4-12 week healing process. I anticipate a full recovery from the urination problem I had prior to March 2017. Dr. Young is a great urologist!!!
Author:
I would like to give Dr Young, his team of professionals and the REZUM procedure a very positive endorsement. Prior to REZUM I was not in control of my day and not able to sleep through the night. Now, I have confidence, without any drugs to stop worrying about my next pit stop. There was some discomfort, but it was all done at his office and the discomfort was definitely worth the the results. I would recommend anyone that is experiencing prostrate issues to contact Dr Young.
Author:
After a series of tests, Dr. Young determined that I was a good candidate for the Rezum procedure. Did the surgery on Nov. 6. After about a 4 week recovery period my urine flow has improved very much. Was getting up to go to bathroom 3 to 5 times per night and now 2 times per night. Also got off of my 2 Prostate prescriptions and I don’t miss the medication. I believe Dr. Young has performed more of the Rezum procedures than anyone else in the country. I am pleased that I did the Rezum.
Author:
Dr. Young is the leading expert utilizing the Rezum procedure for BPH. I highly recommend any male having difficulty urinating, or other related problems, to check into the Rezum procedure. You will be amazed at the change in the quality of your life! Before I came to Dr. Young, I could not enjoy a social setting without fear of having to go to the bathroom all of the time. It also made dating very difficult and somewhat embarrassing. Get your confidence back, regardless of your age!!
Author:
i would highly recommend the procedure for prostate (rezum) done by dr young the procedure was quick and painless and the staff was pleasant and helpfull
Author:
Dr. Young was recommended to me by another urologist due his experience in the Rezum procedure. Drove almost 1 1/2 hours each way from Windermere. Well worth the time. Dr. Young is very pleasant, relaxed, caring, fun and took his time answering my questions and explaining my condition and treatment. His staff is very professional with superior customer service.
Author:
Dr Young solved my urology problems real quick with the Rezum procedure.
Author:
I had the Rezum procedure by Dr. James Young this past May. I had a problem, was new to Florida and after checking Dr. Young's positive reviews I agreed to the procedure. The experience was very positive and the results more than I expected. Dr. Young and his staff were extremely courteous and efficient at all times. I was comfortable and confident with Dr. Young and the staff. The entire experience was fully explained in advance and occurred as I was told.
Author:
I recently had the rezum procedure done and am most satisfied with the results. I have been seeing Dr. Young over several years for other urinary issues and have been most pleased with his treatment.
Author:
Personable and caring physician. He knows his field and tells you like it is. A great practitioner!
Author:
I only had 3 appointments with Dr. Young and then I decided to change to another Urologist. At the first "new patient" appointment Dr. Young began to explain to me a new invasive procedure (Rezume) to help with urine flow and bladder emptying. I explained to Dr. Young that I did not have any particular problems urinating and I preferred medical treatment to invasive procedures. He continued to push me to have the Rezume procedure. I changed doctors and new one said no need for Resume.
Author:
I found Dr.Young and the entire staff to be extremely genial and professional. All procedures were explained in detail and all questions answered in layman's term
Author:
I recently had a resume procedure with Dr. Young as my physician. I was amazed at how professional, yet down to earth he was. I understood the entire procedure. In addition, his work was impeccable. I would highly recommend him to anyone wishing to have this procedure, or any other. Further, his staff was very nice, yet professional from the front desk all the way to the back of the office. Thank you for making this uncomfortable procedure, much easier.
Author:
READ ABOUT DR YOUNG IN PAPER, FOUND DESCRIPTION OF SYSTEMS I'VE BEEN EXPERIENCING AND THE REZUM TREATMENT OFFERED. MADE APPOINTMENT AND WENT THRU TESTING. HAD PROCEDURE DONE. SUFFERED NO DISCOMFORT OR PAIN FROM PROCEDURE. RESULTS WERE GOOD , MY URINARY STREAM IS MUCH BETTER AND I AM GETTING UP LESS DURING MY SLEEP TIME. I'M SEVERAL MONTH OUT FROM THE REZUM PROCEDURE AND EVERYTHING IS GOING GOOD. I WOULD RECOMD DR YOUNG TO ANYONE SUFFERING FROM PROSTATE PROBLEMS.
Author:
I have had an enlarged prostate for at least 15/17 years and read about Dr Young being the first specialist to treat 300 patients with REZUM Therapy . I cannot say enough to thank Dr Young and his staff for treating me with this therapy ' all the members of his team are extremely professional and capable. I now can enjoy activities again that do not require me to be constantly looking for the next rest area, I feel like a new man , and my wife agrees.
Author:
Dr. Young is the best doctor I have ever been to! After being traumatized by the prognosis from the callous urologist associated with The Villages Hospital, I went to Dr. Young based on a friends recommendation. Two months after his Rezum procedure, I went from urinating very little with blood, to peeing like I was a teenager. In addition to Dr. Young being an exceptional urologist, he is a kind and compassionate person. He even gave me his cell number to call him if I had any concerns.
Author:
I had urine problems, I got up a lot during the night, I had to force myself to urinate, Dr. Young found obstruction in my prostate, I performed a procedure to clean my prostate and I used an instrument called spanner.for 30 days and it was new , I am grateful for that. now it helps me with vitality since I have testosterone problems, I'll be good soon
Author:
My experience with Dr.Young was pain free. All procedures were done exactly as it was explained to me.
Author:
i would highly recommend Dr Young to anyone with a problem of the prostate . His Rezum procedure was explained in detail prior to the process. He takes the time to answer questions and never seems to be in a hurry to move to the next person. I really appreciated his professional and friendly approach to caring for my problem and he has a great sense of humor. I felt comfortable as soon as we started the first visit. His attitude is equaled only by his staff. It's obvious that they enjoy working
Author:
My original Urologist said that I would have to stay on Flowmax for the rest of my life due to an enlarged prostrate. To get me off the Flowmax Dr. Young suggested the Rezume process. After undergoing the Rezume process I was able to quit taking the Flowmax and now have a very healthy urination stream. I would definitely recommend Dr. Young to anyone who has an enlarged Prostrate and must stay on Flowmax for proper urination.
Author:
Highly impressed with Dr. James Young & the outstanding results from my prostate surgery. Also very happy with the professionalism of his entire staff. Dr. Young's careful attention to every detail of my ongoing care gave me a sense of security during the entire experience .
Author:
I was diagnosed with BPH many years ago and had a TURP Procedure 10 years ago but it didn’t fix the problem. I have had a couple of Urologists since but have not been pleased with any until I found Dr Young on HealthGrades. When Dr Young explained the REZUM Procedure it sounded exactly like what I needed. I came to trust Dr Young and his Office team who treat you like family and was convinced that this procedure was right for me. I had the procedure 2 months ago and I have not been disappointed.
Author:
After moving to Fl. ,I was looking for a new urologist. I came across Dr.Young on the internet. I new I had BPH. Went to Dr. Young, thought I would get refills for my scripts. Dr.Young advised me of a relatively new procedure [ REZUM].Dr. Young explained the procedure " with drawings" .Between him and his staff I felt at ease. I had the procedure .I am off all the scripts I would have still been on .I feel great and am doing great .Kudos to Dr.Young and his staff.
Author:
One of the best experiences I have ever had in any Dr's office. The Dr and everyone on his staff made me feel very comfortable with the procedure I had. They were very prompt never kept me waiting.
Author:
I feel very comfortable with Dr. Young's expertise regarding my particular situation...not to say he isn't completely qualified in all areas of Urology. Very personable...and professional at the same time. I feel he's genuinely concerned with my "issue" and resolving same. I would highly recommend Dr. Young to anyone that needs treatment by a top Urologist.
Author:
When I first attended Dr. Young's seminar on the "Rezume" procedure, I was miserable. I would have to get up 3-4 times each night to urinate. I had BPH, ED, and incontinence. I had tried every drug known to man and suffered every side effect they listed. As far as I am concerned Dr. Young and his staff are miracle workers. After having the procedure, I now sleep through the night. My frequency is normal. My ED and incontinence have ended. I am very pleased that I had the "Rezume"
Author:
I live in Michigan 4 months Florida 8 months started seeing Dr. Young 2 years ago he is now the only one I will see. had the resume procedure done back in Jan 2016 no longer have to run to the bathroom at night or at anytime. his office runs like clock work. do not know why they have any thing to read in the waiting room as one never gets past the first page. would highly recommend him gary.