Dr. James Young III, MD

Practices Urology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 334 reviews.
Author:
I had the Rezum procedure at his facility. It is an outpatient type of procedure. The staff are well trained and friendly. The procedure is many times better (and easier!) than procedures that require hospitalization (such as TURP). The discomfort is minimal and the outcome is just excellent with virtually no after-effects.
Author:
Procedure was quick and painless. Condition much improved as promised. No longer have the STRONG URGES. Occasional minor leakage but that continues to improve. VERY Satisfied
Author:
I had seen other Urologists for a BPH condition. I met with Dr. James Young and he performed and exam and evaluation. As a result I chose to have a Rezum treatment. During the entire treatment and recovery process the Doctor and his Entire Staff were very professional and caring. Dr. Young told me to contact him immediately if I had a problem. I did contact him and was seen within 3 hours. A procedure was started immediately to resolve the issue. It was comforting to know that assistance was quickly available if needed. The procedure was very successful and I am doing great. This is after many, many years of dealing with BPH issues. I would highly recommend Dr. James Young and his entire staff to anyone who needs or desires professional medical assistance with a Urological issue. You will not be disappointed.
Author:
I have had nothing but good results after Dr Young performed the Rezume procedure on me. My only regret was not knowing about him sooner. At age 80 it was the best health choice I have made thus far. I would like to tell all men that when they reach 50 yrs of age they will start to have prostate problems and the best thing they could do is to have yearly PSA tests to know when a problem becomes manageable. Waiting will only compound the problem they are facing. The next thing I would like to address is his staff. You would be hard pressed to find a more knowledgeable staff. They all make you visit a pleasure to be there. Now for my final thought. When you decide to have the Rezume procedure it is going to be very comfortable, not only in the several visits you will have but most of all the fantastic results you will have achieved. If you never make an other medical decision just be sure you keep a close eye on your Prostate.
Author:
Dr. Young and his entire staff were very professional. The office has now installed a coffee bar which is very nice when you need to have a bladder that is full as comfortable for your visit. Dr. Young and his office setup all of the necessary test needed before I had the Rezum procedure. That made it that much easier for me. The Rezum procedure is less evasive then other procedures out there. I am very happy with my results and would recommend Dr. Young to any man that is having prostate problems (BPH).
Author:
I highly recommend these folks!!!! I had this cutting edge REZUM procedure after my consultation and tests with Dr Young and after researching other options none of which seemed great. Never any pressure to make a decision always whats best for you. While no one wants surgery, it gives you great comfort that Dr Young and staff are extremely professional, competent and very caring. Your comfort and status are constantly being reviewed and discussed with each visit updated and charted. The idea of this procedure for any male is scary at best and Dr Young's approach keeps the mood pretty light keeping you at ease. The office staff are super friendly and knowledgeable on their roles from the time you are greeted (with a smile) to the time you leave you could not be in better hands! They even have a person that helps you understand the insurance processes. Not quite at the end of the journey just yet but i am doing much better and on schedule. Go see him he is the best!
Author:
If it weren't for Dr. Young I would not be alive today. Very astute in diagnosis. Have sent many friends to him. All alive!!
Author:
Dr. Young's competency is superior! His 'Rezume' procedure worked wonders for me where other procedures failed!
Author:
Dr. Young and the Rezume procedure have dramatically helped me (a 70 year old long term sufferer of BPH): I am now able to urinate without strain and much more freely than I have in many years. I am able to manage my bladder urges much more conveniently. I no longer need prescription drugs to help urinate. I am now able to empty my bladder on my own, without catheterization. All of these have improved my overall quality of life. But the most important benefit to my health is being able to completely empty my bladder. Unbeknownst to me, despite being treated by other urologists, I was suffering from chronic urinary retention, which can lead to chronic kidney problems. Dr. Young was the first urologist to raise this concern. He put me on a program to restore my bladder elasticity, which eventually culminated in the Rezume procedure. My urge to urinate is now much more manageable, and post urinary retention is normal. The staff is always professional, courteous and helpful.
Author:
I had the REZUM procedure performed on May 28th 2019. Dr. Young and his staff are highly skillful and caring. They explained everything that I should expect. After the procedure, the follow-up was excellent. Dr. Young arranged for visiting nurse service. They were also skilled and caring. I found the procedure to be highly effective. 4 days post procedure, I was able to urinate without a catheter, which I have had to do for more than two years. I highly recommend Dr. Young to any man who is suffering from prostate problems.
Author:
I had Rezum procedure on May 13, 2019. I could not be more pleased. Dr. Young and his entire staff are the best! I will gladly recommend this doctor to anyone who has prostate issues.
Author:
Bad
I can't please everyone. But my office staff and I try our best.
Author:
Absolutely the most talented Urologist in Central Florida and beyond. His treatments for correcting prostrate problems are amazing. Guys, let Dr Young fix you up!!
Author:
A year ago I visited Dr. Young for the first time. Prior to the visit I experienced BPH for a number of years. Learning about the REZUM treatment from The good Doctor, he performed the procedure and the results are golden. Twelve months later the frequent urinary episodes...night and day have disappeared. I am enjoying life without searching for the nearest restroom. His staff is courteous, respectful and understanding. Don't hesitate make an appointment! Leo-The Villages FL
Author:
Dr. Young is a consummate professional who takes the time to explain what is going on, and what needs to be done. I found him kind, informative and accurate regarding his treatments. I have no hesitation about recommending Dr. Young. His staff are top notch.
Author:
Dr. Young is well trained and a top medical professional in the field of urology. On the first visit we agreed on a medical approach to treat BPH using the most advanced methods for treatment.
Author:
Very Good Urologist, I would highly recommend him.
Author:
Dr. Young and his entire team were very professional and efficient in dealing with my BPH and correcting the symptoms. I was kept apprised of the process every step of the way, and all involved knew their roles and worked seamlessly to ensure that the visits were prompt and quick and all treatments and medications were available immediately. I did not suffer due to the procedure, and the only problems were with the pharmacy resulting in our changing where we source our medications.
Author:
Excellent Care. Physician explained the procedure and answered all my questions. Very knowledgeable. He also has superb staff--very friendly and helpful.
Author:
Dr. Young is a very knowledgeable, compassionate and personable doctor. He listens to your concerns, assesses the problem and explains his plan of treatment in layman terms, so it is easily understandable to the patient. He is genuinely concerned about the health, well being and comfort of his patients. He quickly picked up on and treated a serious issue immediately. His PA's and office staff are top notch and on the ball too! Everyone in this practice is extremely dedicated and responsive.
Author:
Dr. Young has been my doctor for nearly ten years. He is an excellent doctor who cares about his patients and has empathy for all patients following closely their progress. I highly recommend Dr. Young as he focuses on his patient as a whole person not just urological issues. His staff is courteous, friendly, and professional. They put the patient first going out of their way to help.
Author:
Excellent! Took care of my problems with care and efficiency. After recovery am now living a normal life. No need to suffer with urinary problems. Dr. Young can fix it!
Author:
Very easy to talk to. Dr Young explains issues in easy to understand terminology. Never felt he was rushing to get you out of his office. He would spend as much time as you needed to be comfortable with your condition. Felt very confident in his ability to perform the Rezum procedure. Would highly recommend him. His staff was very personable. They called on a couple occasions to recommend earlier appt. When I had a question on my condition, the PA was prompt in returning my call.
Author:
I had a terrible experience by this Dr. and recommend to stay away! I was worse after the experience and wish I had not had it done!!!!! A lot of bladder problems!
Even if this patient were not anonymous I would not be able to comment about his care. All I can say is no one can make everyone happy. We try our best with every patient. Dr James Young
Author:
I am 72 yrs old and my prostate problems were a constant issue for many years. I tried all meds my doctor recommended. Some made me feel sick when used with blood pressure meds. I needed a real solution, but did not like my doctors choices. So I looked on youtube and decided the REZUM treatment looked like the safest choice. I drove over one hour from my home to see if Dr Young could help me. Its been 3 mo since my REZUM treatment. Have life back thanks to Dr James Young III.
Author:
Dr. Young and his staff have provided exellent care for me. He is always willing to take time to talk about my condition and concerns. I would recommend him to anyone.
Author:
I went to dr. Young because of a prostate issue. I had read in a magazine about the REZUME procedure. I talked it over with my Primary Care doctor and he said to go for. The procedure was explained very well by DR. Young. His staff was efficient and friendly and made you feel comfortable. I would give this entire operation 5 stars.
Author:
I made an appt. with Dr. Young to discuss my urinary problems such as frequency, urgency, difficulty in emptying my bladder, etc. He introduced me to the Rezum procedure. I researched it and decided have him perform it. One of the best decisions I ever made. The procedure was relatively painless and quick. A little discomfort for a couple weeks but well worth it. He explains everything from start to finish and has a pleasant, low-key manner. I felt in good hands all the way. I have my life back!
Author:
Every expectation that I had from reading information and the questions asked when meeting with DR. Young were met. DR. Young's staff exceeded my expectations in making me feel comfortable throughout the visits for my rezum procedure. I feel I made the right health decision.
Author:
Excellent physician and staff. At 70 years old I was starting to have enlarged prostrate issues. Dr. Young explained in detail the Rezum BPH Treatment. Although my immediate condition could be stabilized with medication I decided to proactively proceed with the Rezum procedure one month ago. Conclusion - this was the proper decision and treatment. Prostrate growth takes a long time. You do not necessarily realize this until there are issues. Today, urination works like it used to. Thank you Dr.
Author:
I had the REZUM procedure done by Dr. Young to relieve the symptoms of BPH that had worsened over the years. I am very, very satisfied with the care I received by Dr. Young and his entire staff, and I am equally satisfied with the results I have experienced from the procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Young for anyone considering any type of treatment for any prostate issues.
Very Good
Author:
Excellent doctor, up on all the latest techniques. The Rezum procedure solved a longstanding problem. The staff is very professional and the office is very well run.
Author:
I had the RESUME treatment in 10/18. It took very little time and I was out of the office in < one hour. Dr. Young took the time to thoroughly explain the procedure, what to expect, and patient with my wife’s many questions and concerns. He is a very kind person and sensitive to the fact that this a very personal time in a guy’s life. The staff, especially Camille & Al are very efficient, friendly & supportive. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Young and his group to my brothers & best friends.
Author:
I recently retired to Florida, and found that I had developed difficulty in urinating and had frequent visits to the bathroom during the night. I found Dr. Young in Lady Lake , Fl. I was examined by him and his professional staff and it was found that I had an enlarged prostate. The biopsy showed that I had cancer. The Rezum treatment reduced the size of my prostate and took away my discomfort and difficulty in urination. My PSA dropped from 4.3 to 2.0. I highly recommend Dr Young and his team
Author:
Dr James Young, where to begin? He has completely changed the quality of my life. He is a caring and detail oriented man, he spends the time needed to make sure you understand what needs to be done and how he plans to go about doing it. The RESUME treatment has done exactly what he said it would do and I no longer have to live with a catheter. Very friendly and efficient staff they make you feel comfortable and are always cheerful and keep you well informed.
Author:
Had the green light procedure 3 yrs ago from a different Doctor. It did not fully solve my problem with enlarged prostate. Had the Rezum procedure from Dr Young with much better results.
Author:
I had the REZUM procedure for an enlarged prostate. Excellent results and I am very pleased with Dr. Young and his staff.
Author:
I've had BPH for 19 yrs with total retention last 2 yrs I was forced to use catheters. Looking for a minimally invasive procedure I found Rezum. They referred me to Dr. Young (most experienced Dr.). I had the procedure in July 2018. I'm so glad I did. I can now urinate like I was 20 yrs old again! The staff is super friendly and professional. The 10-minute procedure was in-office with little discomfort, I was awake the entire time. Highly recommend this procedure and Dr. Young and his staff!
Author:
I have been seeing Dr. Young for about 5 years and would recommend him to anyone who is dealing with an enlarged prostate or any male urology problems. I recently did the Rezum procedure and I am completely satisfied with the results. As good as Dr. Young is to talk and work with, his staff is equally as good. The staff is VERY professional and will help put the patient at ease.
Author:
I met with Dr. Young and his team one afternoon and they explained the entire process to me in layman's terms. No nonsense or hard sell; just straight talk. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the entire surgery could be done quickly and safely with minimum discomfort as an out-patient procedure in his office. I decided to do the procedure and I can tell you today that I am no longer towing a port-o-potty and I can live a normal, happy life again. Best decision I ever made.
Author:
Moving from Illinois I found Dr. Young to be a great Urologist. One of the finest I have met. Excellent staff and patient care. I highly recommend him to anyone who is wanting the finest Urologist in the state of Florida.
Author:
we were looking for a good urologist due to the incompetance of doctor my husband was seeing . my husband was in a bad way, we saw a ad in a magazine called and made an appointment to see Dr. young. The best call we ever made..The Dr. worked with my husband until he was well enough to get the procedure for his prostate, the rezume. He got that procedure , rezume came through it he feels lke a new man today thanks to Dr. Young , and his wonderful staff.
Author:
I couldn't be happier with the REZUM procedure results. I was skeptical but now am a believer. Dr. Young spoke language I understood, was direct and didn't pull punches. And I have never been to a doctor's office that is run so well. Always on time. In fact, a couple of times I got there early and was out before my scheduled appointment time. Stream is no longer weak. Feel like a youngster again. You do shed all dignity.......just sayin. Highly recommend!
Author:
I had the REZUM procedure in Jan. 2018 it was the best decision I ever made. Thanks to Dr Young I feel like a new man. Dr. Young was the best Doctor I ever had, he was up front, personable and guided me through the whole process in a caring and professional way. Everyone on his staff was great. I would reccomend him and the REZUME procedure to anyone who suffers from an enlarged prostate.
Author:
Went to Dr. Young with a urinary problem. Found out I was not emptying my bladder. Also had a very weak stream. Had the rezume procedure done 6 weeks ago and now empty my bladder completely. Also helped increase my stream. Dr. Young listens and talks in terms I can understand. Highly recommend for any urine or prostrate problems.
Author:
Had a frequent urination problem for years, on a neighbors recommendation I went to see Dr. Young. I had the Rezum procedure and it worked wonders. I no longer get up at night to urinate and no more frequent stops at rest areas when traveling. I would highly recommend Dr. Young and this procedure.
Author:
Great staff. Dr. Young looks at you while you are talking, rare today, and knows what you need. Procedure worked for me!! Give it consideration if you are in need.
Author:
Dr. Young is an excellent and caring urologist. His staff is outstanding, and wait times in his office are minimal. I had the Rezum treatment and the results have been excellent. I do not urinate anywhere near as often as I did before the treatment and there has been a marked improvement in my urine flow. I would recommend the Rezum treatment for anyone who is suffering from urinary incontinence.
Author:
Had prostate Problems most of my life. Thought I had a very shy badder. Nine years ago I had the green light done. Solved the problem of getting up at night, but still had problems going most of the time. Went to Dr Young had the resume procedure done plus he retrained my bladder. Best choice ever. Out standing office and medical staff. Most of the time you are taken back within 10 to 15 min.