Dr. James Young III, MD

UrologyMaleAge 68

Dr. Young III

Prostate Evaluation Center

808 HIGHWAY 466 Lady Lake, FL 32159

Dr. James Young III, MD is a Urology Specialist in Lady Lake, FL. He is affiliated with Adventhealth Waterman. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Young III to book an appointment.

Dr. Young III's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Young III

Dr. Young III?
  • Appointment scheduling (355)
  • Office environment (355)
  • Staff friendliness (355)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (15)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (12)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (12)
I would highly recommend Dr. Young for any urological problem. After having the Rezum procedure done I was honestly liberated from constantly worrying about urination. I sleep soundly through the night; I can walk 3 mikes without looking for a bathroom; I can play 18 holes of golf without keeping an eye out for the next restroom. Dr. Young is very patient, personable, and highly professional. His explantations were clear, precise and understandable. He took as much time as needed to help me and my wife understand each step in the process while ensuring my expectations were reasonable. He is very supportive, highly skilled and a caring physician. P.S. I was able to get off of Finesteride with all if its nasty side effects!!!
Michael – May 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
In my experience, Dr. Young was informative and professional. He personally discussed the intricacies of my diagnosis in a comprehensible fashion. He provided an easy to perceive drawing of the procedure and issues at hand which insured confidence in his ability. The Rezum procedure proved to be a safe and effective treatment that provided much needed relief that persists to this day. His staff was professional, courteous, friendly and discrete. All around, Dr. Young and his establishment put my mind at ease through the entirety of the visit Thank you!
Mark C. – May 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr. Young injured my bladder etc. 8\20, its been 9 mo. and still not right , beware .
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Apr 02, 2021
Since I do not know who this patient is, it is...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Went to Dr Young with an enlarged prostate for well over 10 years and a PSA over 10. Had the normal waking at night 3 or 4 times a night. DrYoung performed the Rezum procedure 4 months ago. My PSA has gone down to 2, and am only waking up once a night. Very happy with the results.
Philip W Reis – Mar 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
At the age of 68 ,I have a very large prostate and have been on Flomax for several years ,but started having issues with lockup. After reading reviews , I went to Dr. Young and he recommended having the Rezum procedure done to open up the prostate. After reading reviews from other people that had this procedure done, I decided to have it done. Dr. Young explained how the procedure would go and what to do, and not do after the procedure . He also asked if I had any questions or concerns . Dr. Young and the whole staff are very friendly and caring . I recommend Dr. Young to anyone with a prostate issue! While this procedure isn't the most pleasant it only takes about 5 minutes . I've been off Flomax since the day before the procedure . My flow was immediately increased to that of a 40yr. old , and one month out it's like i was a 20 yr. old again. It's been 9wks now and I have had no negative issues with this procedure at all ! My only regret is that I didn't have this done sooner!
Patrick Keenan – Mar 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr. Young was thorough and detailed in his explanation of the procedure to remove much of an enlarged prostate that was crimping my urinary tract. This helped manage our expectations greatly and put us at as much ease as can be expected with this 'delicate' procedure. His staff was professional, polite, and very helpful during each visit. The actual procedure was as briefed by Dr. Young. Recovery went well, as expected, and the urination problem I previously experienced is gone. It's wonderful to sleep through most of the night and also when socializing so as not visit the restroom often if at all! Feeling much younger again! Thank you Dr. Young and your wonderful staff!
  • Long wait times
Jerry H. – Jan 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Six months ago, at age 80, I had the Rezum procedure performed by Dr. James Young at his surgery in Lady Lake, Florida (I live in Longwood, Fl.), so it’s time to review progress. Major success. There’s no way a prostate reduction procedure can be fun, but Dr. Young and his charming and capable team made it as bearable as possible. He is a specialist in his field – adult male urology – with a positive attitude and a good sense of humour. I had been taking pills (Terazosin) for twenty years and they were increasingly ineffective. I had two hopes – for improved flow, and not having to get up so often at night (three or more times.) Flow improved almost immediately. For the need for night-time bathroom trips to reach twice only and often once only took longer – almost four months. But that makes all the difference and I now get a good night’s sleep just about every night, with no pills. Very glad I got it done. Thanks, Doctor!
Jeremy Stone – Dec 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr. Young perform a procedure called Rezum. I was very pleased with him and his staff. I enjoyed the way he and his staff talk me through it from start to finish. He performed the procedure on me in middle of October of this year and is November now and I’m already healing and feeling great before the procedure I had problems urinating and waking up three or four times in the middle of the night now I can actually sleep through the night and if I had any questions him and his staff was always there to answer questions to make me feel at ease. I would recommend Dr. Young to anyone that is going Same problems that I was having thanks Dr. Young job well done.
Horace Barnes – Nov 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
As a patient of Dr. James Young, I highly recommend his expertise in performing the Rezum Procedure. Although it has only been seven weeks since the procedure the results have already begun to show. I highly recommend the Rezum procedure. Also, everyone of Dr. Young’s staff I met with was friendly, helpful, and very professional, especially Rosemary and Emily. Overall, it's been a good experience!
David Ulrickson – Nov 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr Young and his staff are true professionals with a great sense of humor. Had the Resume procedure last January and felt it was the best decision as now I feel like a different person. The frequent urge to urinate is a thing of the past and I sleep through the night. No problems travelling now. Highly recommend Dr Young.
Tony Mercurio – Nov 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Visited Dr. Young's Clinic and was immediately examined by Dr, Young and Nurse Staff. Everything was explained and for the first time was explained the treatment required for my condition.
Hector N. Jimenez – Nov 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
The best at what they do. Couldn't be more pleased with him and his wonderful staff. The procedure went well and i could't be more pleased with the outcome.
Robert Landle – Oct 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr Young and his staff are very efficient. He is careful and skilled at his specialty. I would recommend him and his office highly. Although my Rezum procedure was only 7 weeks ago, I recommend it. It has improved my condition greatly and I have discontinued medications.
Guy F – Oct 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
As a Dr. Young patient I had the Rezum Procedure. I will not try to explain the procedure that would be above my pay grade. I will say that before the procedure Dr. Young sat down with me and explained the procedure to me, made multiple sketches and provided printed directions for me to follow before and days after the procedure. One of the prescription I had was for pain pills. The printed direction I was given directed me when to take the first one, that was the only pain pill I needed to take. The desired urine flow, as predicted took about 6 weeks to achieve. It is worth the trip just to associate with Dr. Young’s staff. I have enjoyed humorous conversations with them every visit.
Ron Haenke – Oct 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Young and all his staff. The results I received from his care are astonishing. As a result of the Rezum Therapy I am able to urinate on my own for the first time in over ten years. Imagine that, I no longer have to carry a catheter to appointments, social gatherings, and sporting events.
Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Excellent experience with a successful Rezum procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Young who specializes in this incredible procedure. I could not urinate at all before this 15 minute, painless in office treatment. Great staff as well!
Bob Helsley – Oct 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Everyone on Dr. Young’s staff is not only friendly and helpful, but also knowledgeable. Dr. Young makes sure you are a candidate for your surgery through thorough testing. He answers all of your questions, and makes sure you are comfortable with the procedure you are about to go through. Very professional, yet tells it like it is. Love that about him.
Ted Luty Jr. – Sep 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
For a male making a prostate appointment doesn't come easy. Doctor Young's Staff made an embarrassing situation very comfortable. I had the Rezum treatment done (which I didn't think I needed) but what a difference it made in voiding my bladder. I would highly recommend Dr. Young and the Rezum treatment if you were having trouble voiding your bladder. I start my radiation this week. I trust the wisdom of Dr. Young and his staff.
James L Shindeldecker – Aug 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
There was a time when I would have given this doctor 5 stars. Early on the staff and the doctor were great. I have a particular concern and they were able to help me. I felt they genuinely cared. Then something changed after I complained about the conduct of a medical assistant. The conduct was poor and needed to be changed. If I hadn't said anything the poor conduct would have continued until someone else complained. A nurse, who I had developed a good professional relationship with, suddenly seemed uncomfortable while caring for me. Then when I went in for a TRUSP/Biopsy, my blood pressure was way high so they didn't do the procedure. A few days later the doctor terminated our relationship. The last TRUSP they prescribed Valium which no doubt helped with the BP. The Valium was NOT prescribed for the later procedure. It is my belief the doctor withheld the Valium so he would have an excuse to dump me. That's a cruel way to treat a cancer patient!
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Charles B. – Aug 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr young and his staff were so caring ---Dr Mary and nurse Lorraine helped me thru some hard times--Dr Mary would even call me at home to check and see how i was doing--now i feel like a new man thanks to Dr Young and his staff--even the receptions in the front were great to deal with--i will always give my highest rating to this office thank you again to Dr Young and all his staff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thomas Giordano
Thomas Giordano – Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Young III?

I have been treating men in Lake County with prostate problems since 1982. This is my primary focus. My office staff has been with me for many years and...Read more

Raised in a small town of 500 in Eastern Arkansas, I moved to Florida to begin my practice immediately on completion of my residency at the University...Read more

• Urology