Dr. James Young III, MD

Urology •  Male • Age 67

Dr. Young III

Prostate Evaluation Center

808 HIGHWAY 466 Lady Lake, FL 32159

Dr. James Young III, MD is an urology specialist in Lady Lake, FL and has been practicing for 38 years. He specializes in urology.

Dr. Young III's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Young III

Dr. Young III?
Dr. Young III's Performance
What People Say About Dr. James Young III, MD
I consider Dr. Young and his staff to be excellent, especially having to do their jobs during this pandemic. They all were always professional, helpful, pleasant and easy to work with. It has only been seven weeks since the rezum procedure and the results have been extremely satisfactory and welcoming. I look forward to the continued improvement that comes from the 3-4 month total time for complete results. If you happen to be a Georgia Bulldog fan, as I am, you might just want to wait until after the procedure to tell him or not tell him at all - you'll have to listen to his TERRIBLE dawg's jokes - he's a big Gator fan! LOL. Glenn Adams
Glenn Adams – May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
The staff was very good. They made you feel comfortable and they were very professional. Dr. Young and Emily are excellent, and they listen and help you in a very comforting manner. The Rezum procedure vs. the alternative of in hospital surgery or medication was worth it. No medications needed and the results are very good. I would highly recommend Dr. Young and his staff as being very professional and having aftercare well documented and ready for you as you leave the office.
Robert Kurtz – May 20, 2020
Very happy with experience, Dr. Young and staff
May 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
I followed Dr. Young from Eustis to The Villages when he moved his practice there (four or five years ago?). I've always found him personable and friendly; he always makes time for a friendly chat, despite running a very busy practice. Best of all, his treatment has greatly improved the quality of my life.
Harry Allen – May 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Great care and as promised results. Couldn't be happier with the staff or Dr Youngs care before and after the procedure. Thanks for the relief. Tom
Tom Moore – May 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
I can’t say enough about Dr Young and his staff. He is experienced, has a great bedside manner, knows his craft and I am very grateful for the work he did on me. His staff, to a person, is kind, professional, competent and have a terrific sense of humor.
Greg Tafel – Apr 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
My experience with Dr.Young and his staff was exception. Would highly recommend him.
Apr 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Young for prostatitis and general prostate health for many years. I was quite hesitate in having anything invasive about my BPH problems until a few months ago. Dr. Young recently performed the Rezum Vapor Therapy on me and I was pleasantly surprised how easy the procedure was performed. Dr. Young and his staff where very detailed and professional in explaining the process before and during the procedure. It has only been a few weeks since the procedure was performed and I have already seen a big improvement in my urgency to urinate. Last night was the first night in years that I did not get up from sleep to urinate. Thanks to Dr. Young and his wonderful staff I am beginning to feel younger than I have felt in many years.
Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
While scanning through the pages of the Ocala Magazine, I saw Dr. Young’s advertisement for the Rezum Water Vapor Therapy. After suffering with BPH issues such as frequent trips to the bathroom and interrupted sleep, I researched the procedure and scheduled an appointment. After a couple of preliminary appointments, I had the Rezum Water Vapor Therapy Procedure. Within a matter of weeks, I was urinating more comfortably than I had in probably 9 years. It's totally changed my life. I have no problems whatsoever. If you are considering the Rezum Water Vapor Therapy procedure, then Dr. Young is the person that you want to do it!!! He is very detailed and informative. You know exactly what is going on and what to expect thru the entire process. The office atmosphere is very peaceful, and ALL of the ladies “go above and beyond” to make sure you are comfortable and most of all successful! I highly recommend this treatment. It’s the best thing I’ve done. I wouldn’t wait.
Don Lippiatte – Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
I found Dr James Young online. I was impressed by so many 5 star reviews. Now that I have completed his procedure I can say he and his office deserves a 5 star rating. His nursing and office staff are well organized and professional. I'm very happy with the results of the procedure.
Chuck Schmidt – Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
I have been so glad to have found Dr Young.  Prior to my hip replacement surgery i did not realize I had a problem.  After the surgery, my bladder had trouble waking up. After being relieved of 2700 cc by catheter, at my primary care Dr., I was referred to a urologist.  When at Dr. Young's my first release by catheter was 2400.cc.  And my PSA scores were very, very high.  Dr. Young gave me instructions to retrain my bladder.  Antibiotics brought the PSA numbers down.  Finally, Dr. Young indicated he could safely perform the rezum procedure on my prostate.     Dr. Young, at my first meeting, told me the previous doctors had done me a disservice, by not addressing the issue much earlier, and as bad as things were, he anticipated I would need to use the catheter the rest of my life....  I am VERY pleased to report the REZUM process was nearly painless, the in home follow up was very professional and I feel like a new man.  I would recommend Dr. Young.  You would get an honest assessment.
John R. – Mar 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
As a physician, I did my homework to find Dr. Young and his expertise with the Rezum procedure. Impressed and pleased with his office staff, and his insistence (over my feeble objections) upon complete workup (cysto, urodynamics, and Bx) despite my "normal" PSA and apparently cancer free MRI of a damn big 85 gram prostate gland. He then reviewed the options, and proceeded to schedule a successful Rezum. I drive one hour there and one hour back to his office, and would consider double the time and distance if I had to. It would be a bargain. In this day and age of depersonalized and digitized medicine, James Young and Staff are a happy and competent breath of fresh air. And did I mention the Keurig coffee?
Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr. Young was a god send after years of suffering with Prostate problems i finally found Dr. Young. Had the Resume Procedure done and the results have been amazing I highly recommend Dr. Young for all your urological needs.
Larry L Fritz – Feb 26, 2020
Not an honest person!
Feb 20, 2020
Since this patient chose to be anonymous I have...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr. Young is the person that you want to do your Rezume procedure!!! He is very detailed and informative. You know exactly what is going on and what to expect thru the entire process. I was very hesitant to go, but my wife did the research and Dr. Young kept coming up as the doctor to go see. I cannot say enough about his professional and have the absolute best bedside manner. The entire office atmosphere is very calming and they all do their best to make sure you are successful! If you are have any urological problems, this is the doctor to see.
Mike E – Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr. Young has an excellent bedside manner. He does excellent work & makes you feel comfortable in the office setting. His staff are well trained and go out of their way to help you. Patients are called in on time and treated like family.
Robert Gerard – Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr. James Young III and his staff are all professionals. They treated me with kindness before and after having the Rezum Therapy Procedure. I now can play 18 holes of golf and past every restroom. Now I may have to go to the bathroom once a night, before it was 3 or 4 times. I highly recommend Dr. Young and the Rezum Procedure.
Alex Yovorsky – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
I am an 88 year old male. Dr. Young's Rezzum procedure has reduced my urinary retention from 300 Ml to 0. Two urinary medicines which I had been taking for years, and which had dizzying side effects, have been discontinued. I had two serious falls from these meds. Dr. Young cured an early UTI with his in house lab, and on the spot antibiotics, fast & accurate. He can be reached on a direct line in case of emergency. I can't rave enough about this excellent Doctor and practice.
Sheldon J. Aberman – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr. Young is the best. I ended up in the hospital because I could not urinate. My Dr. recommended Dr. Young. He saved my life. I am back to normal after having the Resume procedure. Great Doctor, Great guy, and great staff.
mike frank – Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
I drove 2 hours each way to see Dr. Young to do the Rezume procedure on me. And am I glad I did. I am only getting up once at night and I am emptying my bladder. And it is so nice to call a doctors office and have a real person answer.
Richard Tibbits – Jan 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Young III?

I have been treating men in Lake County with prostate problems since 1982. This is my primary focus. My office staff has been with me for many years and we focus on taking care of our patients in a timely manner.

• Urology