Dr. James Young III, MD

UrologyMaleAge 69

Urology

Dr. James Young III, MD is a Urology Specialist in Lady Lake, FL. He is affiliated with Adventhealth Waterman. His office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. James Young III, MD

Prostate Evaluation Center

808 HIGHWAY 466 Lady Lake, FL 32159 ()

Compare with other Urology Specialists

Compare Dr. Young III with our nearby Urology Specialists at HCA Florida Ocala Hospital.

Make an appointment at HCA Florida Ocala Hospital today at (352) 403-2564.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Florida Ocala Hospital.

Dr. Young III's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Young III

93.51620947630923%

Dr. Young III

For just shy of nine years I worked with Dr. Young. He was a tough boss. He expected top work out of his staff, because that's what he gave to his patients. He made me a better employee because of his expectations. We loved our patients at our office and I think that it showed. We went the extra mile to treat our patients as we would like to be treated elsewhere, and that is something that most people have come NOT to expect anymore. I respected my doctor and his responsibilities, I loved my coworkers who were my friends, and our Practice Administrator Beth, who was by Dr. Young's side for 35 years, was as lovely a person as she was a demanding boss. It's what made our office shine. It was an honor to have worked there among this fantastic doctor and staff and it was an honor to have served our patients well.
Lisa – Feb 23, 2022
He has retired.
Tutts – Nov 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
I have been thinking about seeing him for two years for the Rezum procedure. I finally did it. I should have done it two years ago. Great results. Very satisfied with Dr. Young. All appointments were on time. Very friendly, knowledgeable office staff. Any time I called with a question, they got back to me in a timely fashion.
Roger – Jun 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
I was developing a few urological problems as I aged, one of which was frequent urination. I read the reviews for Dr. Young and scheduled a visit. He ran me through a series of tests to determine the health of my prostate and bladder. He was very thorough and recommended I have the Rezum procedure done to treat the source of frequent urination, my enlarged prostate. Dr. Young explained how the procedure worked and what to expect during and after the procedure. It’s been 7 months since I had the Rezum procedure and my urine stream has greatly improved, I sleep soundly through the night, and I have no problems playing 18 holes of golf without worrying about the next restroom. Urological problems can be very challenging both physically and emotionally. Dr. Young and the entire office staff are very friendly, caring and professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Young and his terrific staff if you’re having any urological problems.
Richard K Forrest – Jun 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
At 72 years of age, I was experiencing blood in my urine, frequent urination, reduced stream, burning sensation, and elevated PSA readings, which I was told were all symptoms of an enlarged prostate. My family physician referred me to Dr. James Young, a local urologist, and I'm so glad she did. After my initial consultation with Dr. Young, he ran me through a series of tests to determine the overall health of my prostate and bladder, and recommended I have the Rezum procedure done to open up the prostate. Dr. Young explained how the procedure worked and what to expect during and after the procedure. Its been 45 days since I had the Rezum procedure and my urine stream has greatly improved and I no longer have the burning sensation while urinating. Dr. Young and the entire office staff are very friendly and caring, and quickly responded to any questions or concerns I had. I highly recommend Dr. Young to anyone with prostate issues.
Bruce Speck – Jun 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Young for any urological problem. After having the Rezum procedure done I was honestly liberated from constantly worrying about urination. I sleep soundly through the night; I can walk 3 mikes without looking for a bathroom; I can play 18 holes of golf without keeping an eye out for the next restroom. Dr. Young is very patient, personable, and highly professional. His explantations were clear, precise and understandable. He took as much time as needed to help me and my wife understand each step in the process while ensuring my expectations were reasonable. He is very supportive, highly skilled and a caring physician. P.S. I was able to get off of Finesteride with all if its nasty side effects!!!
Michael – May 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
In my experience, Dr. Young was informative and professional. He personally discussed the intricacies of my diagnosis in a comprehensible fashion. He provided an easy to perceive drawing of the procedure and issues at hand which insured confidence in his ability. The Rezum procedure proved to be a safe and effective treatment that provided much needed relief that persists to this day. His staff was professional, courteous, friendly and discrete. All around, Dr. Young and his establishment put my mind at ease through the entirety of the visit Thank you!
Mark C. – May 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr. Young injured my bladder etc. 8\20, its been 9 mo. and still not right , beware .
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Apr 02, 2021
Since I do not know who this patient is, it is...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Went to Dr Young with an enlarged prostate for well over 10 years and a PSA over 10. Had the normal waking at night 3 or 4 times a night. DrYoung performed the Rezum procedure 4 months ago. My PSA has gone down to 2, and am only waking up once a night. Very happy with the results.
Philip W Reis – Mar 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
At the age of 68 ,I have a very large prostate and have been on Flomax for several years ,but started having issues with lockup. After reading reviews , I went to Dr. Young and he recommended having the Rezum procedure done to open up the prostate. After reading reviews from other people that had this procedure done, I decided to have it done. Dr. Young explained how the procedure would go and what to do, and not do after the procedure . He also asked if I had any questions or concerns . Dr. Young and the whole staff are very friendly and caring . I recommend Dr. Young to anyone with a prostate issue! While this procedure isn't the most pleasant it only takes about 5 minutes . I've been off Flomax since the day before the procedure . My flow was immediately increased to that of a 40yr. old , and one month out it's like i was a 20 yr. old again. It's been 9wks now and I have had no negative issues with this procedure at all ! My only regret is that I didn't have this done sooner!
Patrick Keenan – Mar 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr. Young was thorough and detailed in his explanation of the procedure to remove much of an enlarged prostate that was crimping my urinary tract. This helped manage our expectations greatly and put us at as much ease as can be expected with this 'delicate' procedure. His staff was professional, polite, and very helpful during each visit. The actual procedure was as briefed by Dr. Young. Recovery went well, as expected, and the urination problem I previously experienced is gone. It's wonderful to sleep through most of the night and also when socializing so as not visit the restroom often if at all! Feeling much younger again! Thank you Dr. Young and your wonderful staff!
  • Long wait times
Jerry H. – Jan 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Six months ago, at age 80, I had the Rezum procedure performed by Dr. James Young at his surgery in Lady Lake, Florida (I live in Longwood, Fl.), so it’s time to review progress. Major success. There’s no way a prostate reduction procedure can be fun, but Dr. Young and his charming and capable team made it as bearable as possible. He is a specialist in his field – adult male urology – with a positive attitude and a good sense of humour. I had been taking pills (Terazosin) for twenty years and they were increasingly ineffective. I had two hopes – for improved flow, and not having to get up so often at night (three or more times.) Flow improved almost immediately. For the need for night-time bathroom trips to reach twice only and often once only took longer – almost four months. But that makes all the difference and I now get a good night’s sleep just about every night, with no pills. Very glad I got it done. Thanks, Doctor!
Jeremy Stone – Dec 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr. Young perform a procedure called Rezum. I was very pleased with him and his staff. I enjoyed the way he and his staff talk me through it from start to finish. He performed the procedure on me in middle of October of this year and is November now and I’m already healing and feeling great before the procedure I had problems urinating and waking up three or four times in the middle of the night now I can actually sleep through the night and if I had any questions him and his staff was always there to answer questions to make me feel at ease. I would recommend Dr. Young to anyone that is going Same problems that I was having thanks Dr. Young job well done.
Horace Barnes – Nov 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
As a patient of Dr. James Young, I highly recommend his expertise in performing the Rezum Procedure. Although it has only been seven weeks since the procedure the results have already begun to show. I highly recommend the Rezum procedure. Also, everyone of Dr. Young’s staff I met with was friendly, helpful, and very professional, especially Rosemary and Emily. Overall, it's been a good experience!
David Ulrickson – Nov 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr Young and his staff are true professionals with a great sense of humor. Had the Resume procedure last January and felt it was the best decision as now I feel like a different person. The frequent urge to urinate is a thing of the past and I sleep through the night. No problems travelling now. Highly recommend Dr Young.
Tony Mercurio – Nov 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Visited Dr. Young's Clinic and was immediately examined by Dr, Young and Nurse Staff. Everything was explained and for the first time was explained the treatment required for my condition.
Hector N. Jimenez – Nov 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
The best at what they do. Couldn't be more pleased with him and his wonderful staff. The procedure went well and i could't be more pleased with the outcome.
Robert Landle – Oct 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
Dr Young and his staff are very efficient. He is careful and skilled at his specialty. I would recommend him and his office highly. Although my Rezum procedure was only 7 weeks ago, I recommend it. It has improved my condition greatly and I have discontinued medications.
Guy F – Oct 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
As a Dr. Young patient I had the Rezum Procedure. I will not try to explain the procedure that would be above my pay grade. I will say that before the procedure Dr. Young sat down with me and explained the procedure to me, made multiple sketches and provided printed directions for me to follow before and days after the procedure. One of the prescription I had was for pain pills. The printed direction I was given directed me when to take the first one, that was the only pain pill I needed to take. The desired urine flow, as predicted took about 6 weeks to achieve. It is worth the trip just to associate with Dr. Young’s staff. I have enjoyed humorous conversations with them every visit.
Ron Haenke – Oct 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Young and all his staff. The results I received from his care are astonishing. As a result of the Rezum Therapy I am able to urinate on my own for the first time in over ten years. Imagine that, I no longer have to carry a catheter to appointments, social gatherings, and sporting events.
Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Young III, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Young III?