Dr. James W. Young III, MD

Dr. James W. Young III, MD

Urology | Male

Physicians For Accountable Care 801 Northshore Dr, Eustis, FL 32726 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I have been treating men in Lake County with prostate problems since 1982. This is my primary focus. My office staff has been with me for many years and we focus on taking care of our patients in a timely manner.Read more

Dr. Young III's Experience

See how Dr. Young III's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Young III

Dr. Young III accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Young III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Young III to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Young III
Dr. Young III's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (171)
Lady Lake, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Young III.
in Lady Lake, FL |
Doctor Young spends the necessary time with the patient regardless of "allotted time". His staff is especially friendly and doesn't waste your time. The office regards your time as important as the doctor's. Dr Young is knowledgeable on what is new in prostate care and is compassionate.
in The Villages, FL |
I liked and trusted Dr. Young from my very first visit. He recommended the new Rezum procedure for my condition. It worked extremely well and I am very pleased with the results. Dr. Young and his staff are warm, caring and personal.
Mount Dora, FL |
I went to see Dr. Young for a problem that has been bothering me for months. I was diagnosed with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Dr. Young was genuine and approachable. He gave clear results and was very sincere. It's difficult to find doctors like him. I strongly reccomended Dr. Young if you need a urologist.
in Fruitland Park Fl. |
One of the best decisions I ever made was to make an appointment with Dr. Young. I had suffered for over two years with getting up multiple times at night and no being able to urinate. On evaluation Dr. Young recommended the "REZUM" treatment for my BPH. Now all is normal after a few visits for the treatment. Dr. Young and staff were all very professional,friendly and supportive. I highly recommend them. I only wish I had visited their office sooner.
in Clermont, FL |
Very competent doctor but can be rather gruff with patients. At times he seems more interested in his computer screen than he is on you. He answers your questions but doesn't offer much unless you know what to ask. His very friendly and competent staff make up for his lack of warmth. Overall not bad but don't expect a Marcus Welby.
in Eustis, FL |
I changed insurance carriers to see Dr. Young. I had the procedure for BPH and have been more than pleased with the results.
in The Villages, FL |
I had BPH, Dr Young recommended I have the REZUM procedure. Before the procedure I was up at night peeing every hour and that was after not drinking anything after super. Now 5 weeks after the procedure before I go to bed I drink pop while watching TV and get up once to pee. Dr Young said, “things will continue to improve in the coming weeks”. Dr. Young's staff is 5 star also.
in Summerfield, FL |
Very pleased with the whole process from Dr Young explaining the REZUM procedure through the interim preparatory visits with the great staff ending with the procedure which went quickly and smoothly. After the Rezum procedure (look it up on the web) there are a couple of post procedure follow up visits. So far I am happy with the improvement in urination and have less discomfort also. Do it, Dr Young and the staff take good care of you!
in The Villages, Fl |
I had BPH and Dr. Young did a Rezum procedure. Went great. The staff is fantastic and very helpful. Dr. Young spent as much time with me as I needed and answered all of my questions and concerns. I would recommend him and his staff highly. The Rezum procedure is new and has solved my BPH problem.
in The Villages, FL |
Dr. Young was able to correct my frequent urination with the Rezum Procedure. I am off all Prostate meds that I have been for years. Through routine, follow up tests, and then biopsies, he found out I have Prostate Cancer, something the other urologists missed completely. He takes time with you during appointments. He explains all procedures completely. His staff is excellent. Billing works with insurance.
in Summerfield, FL |
I had a very good experience with dr young. The procedure I had to have done was done so gently that I didn't even realize it was over. Never felt a thing. And the staff was so pleasant.
in The villages, Fl |
Have had the new prostate procedure done...Rezum. It was quick, easy, and I went home with no pain. Within one week I resumed my daily routine. I would recommend this procedure to anyone who has an enlarged prostate and is qualified. Dr Young is a caring, experienced doctor.
in Lady Lake, FL |
Dr Young and staff performed a new procedure called REZUM A five min painless procedure that increased the flow, less trips to the rest room and good nights sleep. Highly recommend the Rezum procedure performed by Dr Young and friendly staff.
in The Villages, Florida |
I live in The Villages and have had Dr. Young do the new Rezum procedure on me to correct problems with BPH. I am an R.N and I would recommend Dr. Young highly!!!
in Eustis, FL |
Biopsy non-urgent Gleeson 6.Agreed to cancer treatment scheduled with Dr Young's associated Radiation Oncologist one hour drive from home. Many trips not feasible at that venue. Copay temporarily not affordable, inforned DrYoung's office to cancel appt for markers, to wait on radiation while finding radiation therapy close to home.and increasing income.Appt this week w Dr Young, upset for not keeping radiation appt scheduled. Told me to find another urologist. Discharged me from his practice.
in The Villages, FL |
Includes wife in making decisions and explaining. Great information given and explained that helps make the right decision. The staff is wonderful
in Groveland, FL |
Dr. Young & the Prostiva RF have been a life changer. I wish I had found Dr. Young & had the RF procedure when my enlarged prostate was initially diagnosed by another doctor. If you have this diagnosis, see Dr. Young & have the RF procedure instead of taking the 2 - 3 pills/day that do not fix the problem and have horrible side effects. Dr. Young is patient, personable & takes time to explain the procedure and its benefits. I highly recommend Dr. Young, his assistant Frank & the RF procedure.
in Lady Lake, FL |
He explains all the options, and once you select an option, he thoroughly explains what will take place, and what you have to do to make it a success. RF procedure has changed my life. No more frequent stop on the road to use the rest rooms. What can I say, would recommend Dr. Young to everyone.
in Lady Lake, FL |
Dr. young is a very caring doctor and is very good in finding your specific problem and fixing the issue.
in Eustis, FL |
Dr. Young preformed the Prostiva RF Therapy procedure which went relatively painless. It?s best described as a warm tickling feeling. My Post-OP visits went well too. My trips to the bathroom nightly went from 4 or 5 to only one. I would highly recommend Dr. Young. He has made such a difference in my life and health. I want to personally thank Dr. Young first for his friendship and his medical ability to fix my problem. I also want to thank his office staff for making me feel like family.
in The Villages, FL |
Dr. Young was very through, explained everything clearly to me, very straight forward and really professional. After all the testing , he recommended the prostiva for me before I had radiation. My cancer was discovered early and was very middle of the road. The postiva was done and flow improved right away. The cancer office he sent me to was great and all the radiation went great for me.
in Leesburg, FL |
Great Doctor,Straight to the point.Gave me the time to ask questions and get the answers.
in Oxford, FL |
Dr. Young was kind and considerate about my problem. The procedure was easy and only 30 minutes. It increased my flow and decreased the amount of time I have to go to the bathroom. I would recommend anyone to see Dr. Young for a consultation. About getting this revolutionary procedure.
in Summerfield, FL |
I'm 76 years old male,had problem urinate,day and night . Dr Young check and recheck my prostate seriously for cancer,witch I don't have . The procedure in his Clinic last one hour only. Absolutely no pain,gentle and humanly approach to my poor genital. Antibiotics at home help me recover pretty fast. Renewal my normal urination around one month after the procedure . Never have any problem with ED .
in Lady Lake, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Young for about 3 years and I am very satisfied with all my visits and all procedures that I have experienced.
in Eustis, FL |
I started seeing Dr. Young in September of 2015. After discussing my problem in detail Dr. Young completed a prostrate examination. He suggested some further testing to confirm his diagnoses. After all the testing he was completely right with his prior diagnoses. Dr. Young made sure that I completely understood what was going on and how to remedy it. During December 2015, Dr. Young did a procedure to my prostrate without any pain during or after the procedure. Thank you Dr. Young for your help.
in Fruitland Park, FL |
I have been treated very well by everyone I have come into contact with. There has never been a long wait to see Dr Young I would recommend Dr Young highly. The treatment plan the Dr. laid out for me has worked perfectly I am very happy I choose this office for my cocerns
in Belleview, Florida |
I was recommended by my regular doctor to see Dr. Young in hopes we could get to the bottom of trouble I was having that pertained to not getting a good nights sleep. After describing my issues with Dr. Young he was sure he could help. I kind of forgot now what it was like getting up 5,6 sometimes 7 times during the night to run to the bathroom. Relations with my wife were non- existent. After running some tests Dr. Young got right to the problem and turned the clock back for me years. WOW
in Lady Lake, FL |
Wonderful. From the front desk to the doctor, himself, everything was first class. Prompt, courteous people. I had a Prostiva performed in April 2014 -- almost 10 months later, all is well. I don't have to get up at night to urinate, no longer an urgency to find a bathroom to empty my bladder, my bladder now empties like it 20 years ago. The procedure was painless and required no anesthesia. I'd certainly recommend Dr. Young to anyone that needs non surgical prostate work.
in Eustis, FL |
I was very impressed by the level of experience that Dr. Young and his staff displayed in my care. I would highly recommend their office to anyone, they were very friendly, caring and professional.
in The Villages, FL |
Dr young and has very interesting way of fixing my prostate problem was great sounded strange but after it was explained it made a lot of sense, And his work staff is the BEST bunch of people to work with,Very friendly and caring you feel like your in there with friends, you feel very relaxed, Dr young is VERY GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES IT WORKS! in less then one month I feel fine THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF THEM!
in Leesburg, FL |
Dr. Young and his team provided such excellent care before, during and after my procedure-better than I ever expected possible. His staff showed a great deal of concern and patience, answered every question I had thoroughly and without frustration and guided me every step of the way. Dr. Johnson expertly corrected a problem I'd suffered from for years and did so with exemplary empathy and professionalism. Despite being a very busy practice, Dr. Young made me feel as if I was his only patient!
in Wildwood, Fl |
On my first visit, I was unwilling to allow Dr Young to place a cathter in me because of the pain I was in. But after he took the time to explain why, I changed my mind. The benefit was worth it. He scheduled me for the Prostiva procedure. It's improved my life style and allowed me to return to a normal living.
in Leesburg, FL |
From the first visit to the last, I was made to feel welcome by a friendly and courteous staff. Dr. Young's assistants were very professional and very down to earth. They made me feel very much at ease. Dr. Young, I found to be very professional, confident and easy to talk with. He took the time to explain his diagnosis and his plan of what he could do to alleviate the problem. I's also like to add that most of the time my appointments were right on time. Very punctual.
in Leesburg, FL |
Dr. Young and every member of his staff were friendly and professional in every visit I made there, I actually looked forward to each visit. I was thoughly informed of what was going to happen and never worried or had to fear the unknown. The best doctor experience I have had in 76 years.
Have you seen Dr. James W. Young III, MD?
Are you Dr. Young III?

Compare Dr. Young III

• Urology

Why It Matters: Dr. Young III's Board Certifications

• Urology

• Bladder Infection
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Diseases
  • Prostatitis
  • Testicular Dysfunction
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

• Cystometry
  • Urodynamic Testing
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Urology Procedure
  • Vasectomy

University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine, Uams, University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences

Graduated in 1977

University Ky

Completed in 1978

University Ark

Completed in 1982

University Of Mississippi

Graduated in 1973

Dr. Young III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Young III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Young III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Young III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Urology
  • Board certified in Urology

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Young III

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Young III's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Young III

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Young III's Care Philosophy