Psychiatry  |
Dr. James Wright III, MD
Dr. James R. Wright III received his medical license from the University of Texas in 1975. He completed his residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center in 1978. Dr. Wright has been a member of the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology since 1980. He has been in private practice since 1980. In addition to his private practice, Dr. Wright worked as Medical Director of Chemical Dependency Services for West Oaks Hospital from 1987-1989 and was Hospital Medical Director for Cypress Creek Hospital from 1989 to 2000. Dr. Wright treats patients on an outpatient basis and offers psychiatric evaluation and medication management services in his private practice. Dr. Wright also offers Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy for patients, both current or referrals from other healthcare professionals. TMS Therapy is a non-drug, FDA approved treatment for patients who suffer from depression who have not received satisfactory benefit from one or more antidepressant medication or who are experiencing unwanted side effects from traditional antidepressant medications. He has successfully treated over 500 patients since 2012 with TMS Therapy.

14340 Torrey Chase Blvd Ste 325

Houston, TX 77014

Learn about Dr. Wright III

Dr. Wright III's Experience

Dr. Wright III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
  • Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry)

Dr. Wright III does not have any board certifications listed.

• Phobia
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
    Medical School | Graduated 1955

Dr. Wright III has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Wright III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wright III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wright III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wright III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wright III to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Wright III Says:

If you have had a negative experience with our office, I urge you to convey your concerns and questions to my Practice Coordinator, Allison Glaesmann. This will ensure that everything is handled in a timely and professional manner.

Dr. Wright III's Performance
Ft Worth, TX |
Dr Wright and his staff have been treating me for over three years. I am thankful for finding him. A fellow TCU Grad. Got me on the right medication after a very long search.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Wright is one of the best
Houston, TX |
The treatment of this office is horrendous and by far the most unprofessional and disgusting treatment I have EVER received. This place will over charge you and then mess up on their end and expect your payment from it. I highly encourage you all to not receive any type of treatment from this office or doctor.
Houston, TX |
I went to Dr. Wright’s for more than a year b/c it very close to my home, but my dislike for the office won against convenience. I've had multiple experiences with rude, unhelpful employees, been charged for an appt. I was 10 minutes late for, b/ not allowed to see my doctor, and been charged various fees for services that other doctors don't charge for. I could go on... If you want to be a number and a paycheck at the doctor’s convenience rather than the patient's, Dr. Wright’s for you!
in Houston, TX |
Don't waste your time. Was referred to him by a psychologist. Called his office 4 times over a three day period trying to schedule an appointment for my teenage daughter and never even received the courtesy of a return phone call. Still haven't and it's now been two weeks.
Houston, TX |
I think Dr Wright hung the moon. He is excellent and tries so hard to help my son. He tries so hard . Trying different medications TMS Anything to try to get my son out of his depression. He is great and his staff is great too. Very compassionate We only wait like 5 minutes,each time to be seen This is the best psychiatrist in town
in Spring, TX |
Their office called to asking to reschedule an appt I had for the next day, so I rescheduled for the following day. I showed up on time.They informed me I was late, and could not see the doctor and would be charged a late fee. They either told me the wrong time for the reschedule or had recorded it incorrectly. They stated they would check with their scheduling service. They never called back. Fast forward one year, I now have a bill in collections and a mark on my credit report.
We are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience in our office. Office policy does require patients be on time for their appointments and if patients do not arrive within 5 minutes of their scheduled time, they will be charged a late fee. Due to the busy nature of our practice, Dr. Wright is unable to accommodate late patients. This is stated in the office policy document given to patients upon their first visits. We would be happy to speak with you about this, please give us a call.
in Houston, TX |
I see Jeanette Wright who is in the same office and she had diagnosed me as well as gotten my condition treated. She knows medications forwards and backwards, very knowledgeable. After years of major depression and anxiety, it did not feel like the medications from my general practitioner was touching all the bases. I've been diagnosed with Bipolar II Disorder and feel I'm finally getting the help I've been needing for a very long time. Thank you, Jeanette!
in Spring, TX |
Terrible service.
Have you seen Dr. James Wright III, MD?

Adult & Adolescent Psychiatry