Dr. James Woods, MD

General Medical Practice | Male

JAMES WOODS MD 3 Eaton Ave Watsonville, CA 95076 Get Directions
Dr. James Woods, MD
The motto of my practice is:Kindness Is The Best Medicine!That has been my guiding principle in providing healthcare for the past 28 years. I enjoy chatting with my patients and helping them decide what is the best way to reach their mental and physical wellness goals. I have had the opportunity to do a lot of volunteer work, at Casa De La Cultura in Pajaro for 10 years, and now at Pema Osel Ling, a Buddhist retreat center near Corralitos. I enjoy laughing, gardening, meditating and teaching children and adults whatever they are interested in learning,

Dr. Woods' Care Philosophy

I have a special interest in the treatment of ADHD, Anxiety and depression in children and adolescents. I provide medical and mindful management of these conditions in a safe and comfortable setting. Education and information are the cornerstones of my practice and I encourage kids and their parents to bring their questions to every visit. My approach to behavioral and mental health issues is based on Mindfulness and Compassion. Kindness really is the Best Medicine! Have a great day!

Dr. Woods' Experience

See how Dr. Woods' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Woods

Dr. Woods accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Woods is now accepting new patients
JAMES WOODS MD3 Eaton Ave
Watsonville, CA 95076
(831) 724-4707Get Directions

Dr. Woods' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Woods to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Woods' Performance
in Watsonville, CA |
It was my privilege to join in Dr.Woods’ mindfulness meditation group. He helped us explore the neuroscience behind happiness, love, and wisdom. As a novice meditator, I was skeptical about what impact I would encounter, but each session he equipped us with historical references, breathing techniques, and visualizations with great clarity and enthusiasm. I acquired new tools/skills to activate my brain states of calm, joy & compassion. Huge respect to Dr.Woods for all he does for our community!
in Salem, OR |
I have known Jamie Woods for over 60 years, and have the highest respect and admiration for his integrity, compassion, and spiritual dedication to healing. He listens.
in Watsonville, CA |
When we found Dr. Woods we could not believe how much Our lives would change for the better. He has given us the time and patience to listen to what we have to say and gives us the best advice and treatment for each and everyone in my family . Thank you Dr Woods your the best!
in Salinas, CA |
Dr. Woods is by far the best healthcare professional I've known. I have been a patient of his for years now and Id recommend him to anyone. The care he has for his patience is one of a kind and you will never find that in just any doctor. He holds the patients best interest at the top priority. Dr woods and Alycia are always kind and offer the best care.
He is very kind and patient. And over all just great. My favorite thing about him is that he teaches kindness.(also he gives good hugs)
Have you seen Dr. James Woods, MD?
Are you Dr. Woods?

Compare Dr. Woods

Dr. Woods says...

I have had the opportunity to do a lot of volunteer work,  at Casa De La Cultura in Pajaro for 10 years, and now at Pema Osel Ling, a Buddhist retreat center near Corralitos.

Dr. Woods' Care Philosophy

Dr. Woods says...

Medications alone are never the answer to mental and behavioral health problems. A balanced approach of therapy, diet exercise and education and medications when needed provide the best results.

i am happy to provide medical support for ADHD, Anxiety Disorders and Depression if your Mental Health Professional feels it would help you recover from whatever problems are bothering you.

in addition, I teach meditation, mindfulness and provide Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for the conditions I treat.

Dr. Woods' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Medical Practice
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for California.

• ADHD and-or ADD

Southern Methodist University

Completed in 1984

Western Washington University

Completed in 1981

Dr. Woods does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Woods and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Medical Practice
  • Mental Health
  • Pediatric Mental Health

Dr. Woods does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Woods and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.