Dr. James Woods, MD

Dr. James Woods, MD

General Medical Practice  |
The motto of my practice is:Kindness Is The Best Medicine!That has been my guiding principle in providing healthcare for the past 28 years. I enjoy chatting with my patients and helping them decide what is the best way to reach their mental and physical wellness goals. I have had the opportunity to do a lot of volunteer work, at Casa De La Cultura in Pajaro for 10 years, and now at Pema Osel Ling, a Buddhist retreat center near Corralitos. I enjoy laughing, gardening, meditating and teaching children and adults whatever they are interested in learning,

3 Eaton Ave

Watsonville, CA 95076

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Woods

Dr. Woods' Experience

Dr. Woods' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Medical Practice

This content was provided by Dr. Woods "I have a special interest in the treatment of ADHD, Anxiety and depression in children and adolescents. I provide medical and mindful management of these conditions in a safe and comfortable setting. Education and information are the cornerstones of my practice and I encourage kids and their parents to bring their questions to every visit. My approach to behavioral and mental health issues is based on Mindfulness and Compassion. Kindness really is the Best Medicine! Have a great day!"

• General Medical Practice
  • Mental Health
  • Pediatric Mental Health

Dr. Woods does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Asthma
  • Childhood Depression

No malpractice history found for California.

• Western Washington University
  • Southern Methodist University
    Other Education | Completed 1984
  • Western Washington University
    Other Education | Completed 1981

Dr. Woods has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Woods has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Woods does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Woods and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Woods' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Woods to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Woods' Performance
in Watsonville, CA |
It was my privilege to join in Dr.Woods’ mindfulness meditation group. He helped us explore the neuroscience behind happiness, love, and wisdom. As a novice meditator, I was skeptical about what impact I would encounter, but each session he equipped us with historical references, breathing techniques, and visualizations with great clarity and enthusiasm. I acquired new tools/skills to activate my brain states of calm, joy & compassion. Huge respect to Dr.Woods for all he does for our community!
in Salem, OR |
I have known Jamie Woods for over 60 years, and have the highest respect and admiration for his integrity, compassion, and spiritual dedication to healing. He listens.
in Watsonville, CA |
When we found Dr. Woods we could not believe how much Our lives would change for the better. He has given us the time and patience to listen to what we have to say and gives us the best advice and treatment for each and everyone in my family . Thank you Dr Woods your the best!
in Salinas, CA |
Dr. Woods is by far the best healthcare professional I've known. I have been a patient of his for years now and Id recommend him to anyone. The care he has for his patience is one of a kind and you will never find that in just any doctor. He holds the patients best interest at the top priority. Dr woods and Alycia are always kind and offer the best care.
He is very kind and patient. And over all just great. My favorite thing about him is that he teaches kindness.(also he gives good hugs)
Have you seen Dr. James Woods, MD?
Are you Dr. Woods?