Dr. James C. Wittig, MD

Dr. James C. Wittig, MD

Orthopedic Oncology | Male | 48 years old

Dedicated to dramatically changing lives of children and adults afflicted with sarcomas and other orthopedic tumors through innovative limb sparing surgeries,groundbreaking techniques and a specialized multidisciplinary approach.Read more

James C. Wittig, MD
20 Prospect Ave Ste 501
Hackensack, NJ 07601 Get Directions

Dr. Wittig's Experience

See how Dr. Wittig's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wittig

Dr. Wittig accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Wittig has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Wittig's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wittig to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Wittig
Dr. Wittig's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (77)
in Canton, GA |
I can easily begin with deep appreciation for Dr. Wittig's skill in saving my arm. The surgery I was to have elsewhere was to remove my arm where cancer was found. My son immediately found Dr. Wittig. So, I have my arm in tact and in full use. I shouldn't have to say more, but there is so much more to say. He rose above the aloofness found in so many doctors and extended unusual kindness and consideration to us. The professional staff he surrounds himself with are also equal to his character.
in Montclair, NJ |
Being referred to an oncologist is a scary prospect but from the beginning I knew that I had found the right man. Dr. Wittig is caring,competent & kind. His entourage of staff doctors & nurses have been carefully mentored to provide the best possible service. They were with me daily when I was hospitalized. When I mentioned Dr. Wittig's name, his praises were sung by anyone who had met him or needed his service. In my fragile condition, the team was brainstorming to ensure I had my needs met.
in Paramus, NJ |
Dr. Wittig and his entire staff were wonderful. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them. His receptionist Erin got me an appointment very quickly. Helen, his nurse, spent a great deal of time on the phone with me to ease my fear and anxiety. Both physician assistants, Connie and Erin were so helpful. Dr. Wittig himself spent a great deal of time with me and thoroughly explained everything. Thank goodness for this office.
in Freehold, NJ |
I had a bone tumor and was told by another orthopedist that I may lose my foot because of it. I saw Dr. Witting and he explained that he would remove the tumor and that I would not lose my foot. Dr. Witting is a wonderful doctor. He explains everything, he is very thoughtfull and friendly and does beautiful work. I would recommend him to everyone. I trust him completely.
in SB, NJ |
Had a benign tumor in my right shoulder. My experience with Dr. Wittig from beginning to end was wonderful.
in Montclair, NJ |
I've been a patient of Dr. Wittig since September 2010. He treated me for a high grade pleomorphic sarcoma of my right lower leg. Dr. Wittig is personable, extremely knowledgeable, thorough in explaining the condition you have and course of treatment which will be necessary. Dr. Wittig has tremendous concern for his patients and their well-being. He does not rush when giving you an exam and the patient gets his full undivided attention. I highly recommend Dr. Wittig.
in Englewood NJJ |
Dr. Wittig probably saved my life. Oncologists told me I hprobably had a non-cancerous mass resting on nerve. 10 Days afterDr. Wittig removed the mass, pathology confirmed cancer. That day a pet scan showed no cancer. The following day the nerve, sheath and margins were removed. Dr. Wittig worked with Drs. Pecora and Ingenito to devise a chemo and radiation plan. I feel I have a team focused on me winning this fight with Dr. Wittig it's quarterback.
in Ridgewood, NJ |
500 character is not enough to say how wonderful DR. Wittig is. I wholeheartedly echo the glowing reviews of others. My son was away at college when a lesion was discovered after mildly complaining of knee pain. I flew down to take him to doctors, made many calls looking for the best doctor and was in panic mode. My son came home to NJ and we met with Dr.Wittig. Within 10 minutes I knew my son was in good hands. I trusted him with sons life, as a mother there is no stronger endorsement.
in Norwood, NJ |
I am truly fortunate and blessed to have met Dr. Wittig and that he was the surgeon who performed the very complex procedure to remove my sarcoma. Dr. Wittig is an extremely gifted surgeon and a very patient and caring man. He takes all the time necessary to help me and my family understand everything about my life changing diagnosis. Dr. Wittig’s and his staff’s knowledge and competence provide me the assurance I am under the best care possible. Special thanks to Helen, Erin, Connie and Jill.
in Linden, NJ |
Dr. Wittig and his staff are amazing! Immediately upon meeting Dr. Witting, I felt comfortable in his care. He was calming at a time when we felt the most crazed. He sat with us and discussed everything in detail from what each test was for, my diagnosis and the plan of action (both short & long term). His ENTIRE staff is truly remarkable. I felt like my entire health journey was a team effort and EVERYONE there played a major part in my good health & happiness, now!
I am a patient and also a physician. Dr. Wittig and his staff provide the absolute best medical care I have ever experienced. His reputation as the best in the field is absolutely accurate and earned.
in Randolph, NJ |
Meeting a doctor and getting told you have cancer never makes for a good day. I had that experience with Doctor Wittig and immediately, I knew I was in the best possible place anyone in my situation could find themselves. Doctor Wittig can only be described as a caring, professional, and impeccably experienced practitioner who instills confidence in his patients with his abilities to address patients concerns while coordinating the best medical plan for a positive outcome. The best of the best.
in Lincoln Park, NJ |
It was determined I had a large mass in my calf muscle.Five different doctors all told me to see Dr. Wittig. I was able to get an appointment very quickly, much quicker than I had expected. From the moment I met him I just knew that he was the right doctor for me. He has an extremely warm presence about him and not disconnected like I find most doctors in his field to be.I just knew that everything would be ok and that I was in the right hands. I would happily recommend him to anyone.
in New York, NY |
In regards to Dr. Wittig in his expertise as a doctor & surgeon was a very positive experience for me. Him and his staff were extremely professional, kind and courteous throughout my treatment. Being told I had cancer was a very traumatic experience however Dr. Wittig had assured me he would do everything possible to help me which is exactly what he did. Dr. Wittig is a very brilliant and amazing doctor, surgeon and man. I will be forever grateful to him for saving and giving me my life back
in Closter, NJ |
Very caring, professional and skilled. Hard to get an appointment, but worth the wait.
Have you seen Dr. James C. Wittig, MD?
Are you Dr. Wittig?

Dr. Wittig's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wittig's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Oncology
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Wittig has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wittig's Board Certifications

• Chondroblastoma
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Chondrosarcoma
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • ENT Cancer
  • Enchondromata
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Eosinophilic Granuloma
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Knee Fracture
  • Synovial Osteochondromatosis
  • Synovial Sarcoma
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Thalassemia
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer