Dr. James Winston, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 63

Dr. Winston

American Behavioral Clinics

10424 W Bluemound Rd Milwaukee, WI 53226

Dr. James Winston, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Milwaukee, WI and has been practicing for 38 years. He graduated from University Of Wisconsin Medical School in 1981 and specializes in psychiatry and mental health.

Dr. Winston accepts

Dr. Winston accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Molina Healthcare
Tricare
WEA Trust
WPS Health Insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Wisconsin

Check Dr. Winston's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Winston treats this condition more than 65% of his peers

Dr. Winston's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

In relation to his treatment outcomes, Dr. Winston's emphasis is on having a trusting, collaborative relationship with his patients.  His professionalism, yet contagious sense of humor and easy-going style has helped develop long term relationships with many of his patients.

• Psychiatry

38.70967741935484%

Dr. Winston?
Dr. Winston's Performance
What People Say About Dr. James Winston, MD
Dr. Winston is the most intellectual doctor I have ever met. His knowledge of the brain and how it works, is why he is so successful, with his patients. Dr. Winston also has a kind personality. He listens carefully. That's what makes him a excellent doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Winston, MD?
This is an extremely unprofessional clinic, with unethical business practices. My recent experience with Ms. Carolyn Davidson, and James Winston (Director) has put a sour taste in my mouth. Ms. Carolyn Davidson made malicious statements about me towards others in the healthcare industry, without corroboration and/or unsubstantiated, that has damaged my reputation. I have since asked for a retraction and apology from Ms. Davidson and Mr. Winston (Director) and I have not heard a word back!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Winston, MD?
I've been seeing Dr Winston since I was in high school, I'm 26 now. He has really helped me with my stuggles with depression and anxiety.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Winston, MD?
Dr. James Winston literally saved my life. He is truly compassionate, caring and easy to share your darkest feelings with. He listens carefully, can truly empathize and brings hope to handle your greatest difficulties. Perhaps most importantly, he is a master with medications and is extremely knowledgeable of all facets of the entire central nervous system, all major organs and the interplay among the mind, body, hormones, psychoactive and non-psychoactive drugs, etc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Winston, MD?
Dr. Winston has gone to great lengths to help me and is always there when needed. He is a great doctor and if I have to wait a few minutes because he is running behind, I know it's because he is helping someone else in need. Great doctor and more importantly, human being .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Winston, MD?
After speaking to a very nice assistant for about 45 minutes, I was getting frustrated. Dr. Winston then came in, introduced himself and got a debrief from the assistant. He didn't have any interest in talking with me - just the assistant, as if to say "I don't care to talk to YOU - that's why I hired this lady..." After about 6-7 minutes and some generic suggestions I had heard many times, he left! 6-7 minutes with him and charged for a whole hour WITH A DOCTOR? What a scam! I felt so dumb.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Winston, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Winston for almost eight years now (ages 13-21). He has seen me through my entire adolescence so I can safely say he is fantastic with teens. Dr. Winston has helped me find a combination of medications that have greatly improved my chemical imbalances and maintains those medications today. I would not be here today were it not for Dr. Winston. It's true that you can't schedule urgent appointments with him but you can leave a voicemail for him and he will call you back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Winston, MD?
When I experienced very difficult/negative side effects while titrating off a med, I called all four of his offices expressing my need was urgent, and got nowhere. Soonest appt was 4 weeks out. Luckily his NP saw me a week before he did, which helped - but when I saw him, he had no idea I'd seen the NP, and when I described my crisis and issues with scheduling, he laughed about how difficult he was to schedule with. He LAUGHED. There were other issues too, but this one the most significant.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Winston, MD?
Extremely effective and responsive doctor, who is up to date on your needs in this and other areas of medicine: the Renaissance Doctor. Dr. Jim, as he calls himself, is always ready with a word of encouragement, no matter how tough the times are for you and your current life situation. The one critique I would make is that the front desk needs some training in basic manners: We patients are paying their salaries because of our wish to be treated by ABC's professional staff. Phone manner: poor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Winston, MD?
Jim is an extremely well educated doctor, unusually so during these years of specialists who have looked at my case only from their specialty, or a primary who says alarming or false things, which he has had to correct. He is not, unlike most professionals these days, adverse to finding out his recommendations have not helped (whether scrips, exercise programs, stress reductions, or social life). Responding to phone calls is a must in biz; now that medicine is BIG BIZ, JBW fulfills that edict.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Winston, MD?
Great communicator, confident, and empowering. He's easy to talk to and is an active listener. He's not all about the media, he's a solid advocate for a steady pace and multifaceted treatment plan. I enjoyed my time with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Winston, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Winston?

American Behavioral Clinics

• Fri: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Winston treats patients.