Dr. James White, MD
Contact provider for availability

Dr. James White, MD

Cardiology | Male

Dr. James White, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Birmingham, AL. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. White is affiliated with Brookwood Medical Center and St. Vincent's St. Clair.

Dr. White's Experience

See how Dr. White's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. White

Dr. White accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. White has admitting privileges.

Dr. White's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. White to family and friends
Dr. White's Performance
in Fyffe,, Alabama |
Highly recommended...Excellent doctor and a very nice person
in Birmingham, AL |
For me Dr. White has been a blessing he has adhered to all of my problems with care and I'm happy that he's my doctor he's one who will listen. Sincerely: Cedric Little
in Birmingham, AL |
When we moved from Tampa in 2013 I was hoping to find a cardiologist as good as Dr. Toole in Tampa. Dr. White was what all I hoped for. He was someone who did not rush you out and explained his findings. DR. White also provided me a printed copy of my test results. Something I was used to in Tampa but did not seem common in Birmingham. I would recommend him to any who is looking for a kind cardiologist.
in Cantonment, FL |
Dr. White is very conscientious. He has always answered my questions.
in Sylacauga, AL |
My husband and I have been patients of Dr. White for a very long time. He has always taken the time to really listen to what we are saying and does what is needed for all our needs and concerns. He follows up on his testing and recommendations and has always gotten back with us if we had any questions whatsoever. He always seems to know exactly what is needed for our care and he is very knowledgeable in his practice. He and his staff are wonderful!
in Birmingham, AL |
I like Dr. White a lot and he seems to be an excellent cardiologist, at least that has been my experience. He answers my questions and spends time and isn't in a hurry to complete the appt.
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Terry White has been my cardiologist for more than ten years. He is competent, conscientious, caring and easy to talk to. I find the same to be true of his staff. I feel fortunate to be a patient of his. I recommend him without hesitation.
in Clanton, AL |
Dr. White has been taking care of me for quite some time now. I would not consider changing to any other health provider. He is a sincere and caring physician with complete knowledge of his profession.
Birmingham, AL |
Dr. White is always very concerned about my well being and checks everything thoroughly. I was in the ER with an urgent problem and he was in house that day. He came down to the ER to see me and made changes to my medicine right then. you will never feel rushed or glanced over with Dr. White. And he is an expert cardiologist. He always knows exactly what needs to be done.
in Riverside, Al |
Dr. White is very easy to talk with; he listens and takes action to address issues.
in Birmingham, AL |
I have had an excellent experience with Dr. White and CVA. He has been a big help to me over the past 2.5+ years.
in Shelby, Al. |
Dr. White is an excellent physician. I do not like the layout of the office as it reminds me of a space ship and is somewhat impersonal as patients are processed. Still, this is no reflection on the professionalism of Dr. White and the staff. Due to a move to Shelby County, I have elected to have Dr. John McBrayer, Alabaster, as my primary Cardiologist.
Birmingham, AL |
Dr. White is very competent and makes you feel at ease. Is great about answering all your questions. He is thorough with assigning testing, which makes me confident he has a full knowledge of what is going on inside my body. I trust him and I like his mild manner and the kind way he treats me.
in Ft Payne, AL |
I met Dr. White following a recent heart attack; he is the first cardiologist with whom I've consulted. Given my naïveté with respect to cardiac issues and the severity of my medical condition, I immediately had many questions for him. I found Dr. White to be unhurried, thoughtful, and very clear in his explanations and answers to my questions. While we have only had a few interactions to this point, my sense is that he is a knowledgeable clinician who does not "sugarcoat" serious issues.
in BIRMINGHAM |
I don't worry so much these days about my heart or having a heart attack. The times i needed Dr. White they were there. I've had 3 stents now and one heart attack. I used to worry but now i don't just knowing they are taking care of me with regular visits and if something happens they will be there.
in Gallant |
Dr White is very caring physician as well as being thorough. I would highly recommend him as your physician. The staff are very prompt and caring. The facility is top notch.
in Gardendale, AL |
Dr. White is thorough and informed me about all procedures and results.
in Birmingham, Alabama |
Very thorough, very understanding
Have you seen Dr. James White, MD?
Are you Dr. White?

Compare Dr. White

Dr. White's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiology
  •  Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. White has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. White's Board Certifications

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

Completed in 1991

Vanderbilt University Hospital

Completed in 1993

Vanderbilt University Hosps

Dr. White does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. White and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiology

• Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent