Dr. James H. Wheeler, MD

Dr. James H. Wheeler, MD

Family Medicine | Male

480 reviews| Leave a review

We specialize in early disease detection and prevention. We have state of the art facilities and the trained staff necessary to provide for your comprehensive health care needs in a warm and friendly environment. We have been caring for thousands of Atlanta families for over 25 years and look forward to having the opportunity to participate in your health care.Read more

Dr. Wheeler's Experience

See how Dr. Wheeler's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wheeler

Dr. Wheeler accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Wheeler has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Wheeler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wheeler to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Wheeler
Dr. Wheeler's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (465)
in Atlanta, GA |
Dominique and Shay were very helpful in the procedure that I needed. They took every possible option to make sure that I did not leave the same way I came in. I was very pleased with the assistance and hospitality these two, along with Dr. Wheeler, exhibited at my visit and I am glad I choose them as my primary care physician.
in Atlanta, GA |
Always considerate and professional.
in Atlanta, GA |
The staff is incredible. They worked with my insurance company to get my entire procedure covered in a co-pay. Dr. Wheeler is so nice and genuinely cares about my health.
in Atlanta, GA |
Been my physician for 3 years and I am always pleased with his expertise and services.
in Atlanta, GA |
I've been a patient of Dr. Wheeler's for 20+ years. I started seeing him in my 20's and feel very blessed to have had him as my primary care physician. I highly recommend him. He has always taken his time with me and explains everything very thoroughly.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is an excellent listener and is very patient with the multiple health problems I have had throughout the years. He always has a positive attitude and he makes me want to work even harder at taking care of my health in every way. I highly recommend seeing Dr. Wheeler.
Atlanta, GA |
Complete, thorough, keeps me feeling confident I'm in good health and getting good advice
in Atlanta, GA |
Moved from Texas last year. My daughter recommended Dr. James Wheeler and I'm so happy she did. My favorite all time doctor. Dr. Wheeler always quickly determines what is ailing me. Today he got me a quick appointment with an Eye specialist for an issue unrelated to my checkup. He also has great "bedside manner." His office staff are always courteous and efficient.
in Atlanta, GA |
Easy to deal with Open and honest with assessments of physical issues and/or ailments
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler was very personable and took time to truly listen and evaluate my concerns. He was very honest and open. He is a great listener, takes pride in his patients and his profession.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is a superb diagnostician and has provided the utmost best of care for myself and my entire family! I have been a patient of his for 30 plus years. The entire medical staff is awesome and the front desk staff are pleasant and extremely efficient. The physicians, nurses, and entire staff truly care for their patients. I could not recommend a better physician!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is very thorough, knowledgeable, warm and empathetic. He genuinely cares about the health of his patients. His approach is one of teamwork: he'll work with you, every step of the way, to improve your health and overall well-being. And the staff or nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician's assistants are absolutely fantastic! You always feel welcome and taken care of.
in Decatur, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is a fantastic medical practitioner. He's a no nonsense down to earth guy who is an attentive, kind, and very intelligent doctor. I actually look forward to my appointments with him which is not something I've ever really felt before about a doctors appointment . The waiting room and private rooms are all very nice and clean and the nurses and staff are all very kind and accommodating. Choosing Dr. Wheeler as my General Practitioner was one of the best decisions I've ever made!
in Woodstock, GA |
I've been coming to Dr. Wheeler and his practice for the last 18 years. Wouldn't consider going anywhere else. Staff is extremely friendly!
in Atlanta, GA |
I have been Dr. Wheeler's patient for the past 35 years. I'm still alive and kicking so I believe he has done an exceptional job.
in Atlanta, GA |
Great Visit. I really feel like Dr. Wheeler listened to me and knew the right questions to ask.
in Atlanta, GA |
I am so happy to have found this practice as Dr. Wheeler is the most caring and intelligent Doctor I have met. His office runs perfectly and he is concerned with the patient first and foremost. All Nurses and staff share in his dedication to the patient.
Atlanta, GA |
Very professional excellent patient care. Friendly staff.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr Wheeler is a very caring and great doctor.
in Atlanta, GA |
Came to Dr. Wheeler as a patient. After checking my glucose levels Dr. Wheeler recommended that i go straight to the ER. Long Story short he saved my life. I love the staff and the professionalism that is given to me each visit. My levels are back close to normal. I am very grateful that Dr. Wheeler express great concern in his patients health and well being.
in Atlanta, GA |
I have been seeing Dr. Wheeler and his staff for many years. I have always found his demeanor and his attention to care to be outstanding. And the ease of scheduling, often same day, is a big plus!
in Atlanta, GA |
Office and staff were friendly, professional, and respectful of my time.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler was extremely patient and understanding when diagnosing me. Once diagnosed, the nurses and Dr. Wheeler continue to focus on my symptoms and provided/prescribed medications to make me better. Everyone is extremely friendly and fast!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler has a great staff of people working with and for him. From the time I enter his practice till the time I leave, I experience an A++ service. If you are thin skinned, they have physicians to work with you. If you are thick skinned and need tough love, there are physicians for you too. This practice has it all.
Atlanta, GA |
Upon seeing Dr. Wheeler the 1st time, he could tell something was wrong and sent me to a neurologist which lead him to find a very large brain aneurysm... I still feel if it were not for Dr. Wheeler I would not be here today! I had been seeing another doctor for five years before and he had found nothing. Thank You Dr. Wheeler!
in ROSWELL GA |
HE IS GREAT
in Atlanta, GA |
Great doctor; knowledgable; on the mark with diagnosis
in Atlanta, GA |
If you want personalized and thorough care this is the place to go. The staff is friendly, the Doctors are knowledgeable and the office is comfortable.
in Marietta Ga |
Been a long time patient and always very happy
in Atlanta, GA |
I've been a patient for over ten years. Great practice!
in Atlanta, GA |
Efficient service and I am always made to feel very comfortable.
in Atlanta, GA |
Since day one, Dr. Wheeler has been the most amazing doctor. I have had not so great doctors in the past, so it's so refreshing to have a doctor who is always smiling when you see him, always attentive and is so willing to help. His staff is always friendly and the wait times are never long. You will be in and out and not spend hours in the waiting room.
in Atlanta, GA |
I went into see Dr. Wheeler not really knowing what was going on with me. After one visit and one lab test Dr. Wheeler diagnosed me with a Thyroid condition. After taking my prescribed medications I feel better than I have in years.
in Atlanta, GA |
About a month ago I came to see Dr. Wheeler with pains all over my body, I was so stressed out, couldn't sleep because of pain. Also, this was affecting my performance at work. I came to see Dr. Wheeler and today I'm proud to say I am PAIN FREE!!!! I highly recommend Dr. Wheeler, on the scale of 1 - 10, I give him 100%. Come see Dr. Wheeler and you will do the happy dance like me! Thank you Dr. Wheeler, may God bless you!
in Acworth, GA |
The staff is always very personable and friendly.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. is very patient and very thorough.
in Atlanta, GA |
Friendly staff and knowledgeable doctor
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is a very intelligent and objective medical professional. I value his opinion. Additionally, the office support staff is very organized, professional, and disciplined, all of which consistently provide an outstanding office visit experience.
in Douglasville, GA |
Great customer service-caring people
in Decatur, GA |
Great interaction things were explained in a clear and concise manner,I love the friendly staff and I will not change nor go to any other facility.
in Roswell, GA |
I have found Dr Wheeler to listen to me as a patient. I came to him with the decision to try and adopt a healthier life style.... Dr Wheeler, We are going to be on this journey together!
in Marietta, GA |
Excellent service!
in Atlanta, GA |
Fantastic communication and expert opinion
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler and his staff are top notch! I love the fact that they are open on Saturday!
in Norcross, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is an excellent professional with great knowledge in the field of medicine. I have been visiting office regularly and have always been satisfied with the diagnosis and the treatment offered. Highly recommended A+++
in Atlanta, GA |
I have been under Dr. Wheeler's care for over 30 years. I cannot speak more highly of him and his staff. They are excellent!
in Acworth, GA |
He was able to diagnose my health issue and got me to a better living within weeks.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is consummate and his staff very nice. However, not worth the expense. Was charged for two visits during my annual exam because I required an annual prescription renewal.
I have already recommended 12 friends and family to Dr. Wheeler
in Atlanta, GA |
Very personable and thorough.
Have you seen Dr. James H. Wheeler, MD?
Are you Dr. Wheeler?

Compare Dr. Wheeler

Dr. Wheeler's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wheeler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Wheeler has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wheeler's Board Certifications

University Of California Los Angeles

Completed in 1976

University of Alabama

Graduated in 1967

Dr. Wheeler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wheeler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine