Family Medicine  |
Male
Dr. James Wheeler, MD
Dr. James Wheeler, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He has been practicing for 46 years. Dr. Wheeler is affiliated with Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital, Piedmont Hospital and Northside Hospital.

993 Johnson Ferry Rd Bldg 210

• Coventry Health Care of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Wheeler

Dr. Wheeler's Experience

Dr. Wheeler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

This content was provided by Dr. Wheeler "We specialize in early disease detection and prevention. We have state of the art facilities and the trained staff necessary to provide for your comprehensive health care needs in a warm and friendly environment. We have been caring for thousands of Atlanta families for over 25 years and look forward to having the opportunity to participate in your health care."

• Sports Medicine

• Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Wart Removal
  • X-Ray

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University Of Alabama
  • Harvard Mass Genl
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1976
  • University Of California Los Angeles
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1976

Dr. Wheeler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wheeler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wheeler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wheeler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wheeler to family and friends
Dr. Wheeler's Performance
Alpharetta, GA |
Incredibly candid and forthcoming. He has got my Adderall dosage down. Doctor is not condescending but is very impowering. Staff is great.
in Marietta, GA |
I consistently have a very positive experience with Dr. Wheeler's practice. When you call for an appointment or have billing questions, the front-desk is always very helpful and schedule appointments timely. Missy consistently take all the time that is needed for my appointment and is very thorough with her explanations and follow-up. The clinical staff are always very courteous and knowledgeable and make the appointment very pleasant.
Alpharetta, GA |
Been coming to Family Practice Center for 20 years. Love Dr. Wheeler and his staff. They are very professional and easy to make an appointment with. I wouldn't go anywhere else!!
in Atlanta, GA |
I think Dr. Wheeler is great! He is very helpful and what sets him apart is i feel like he actually cares about what i have to say and what my complaint is. He is very attentive and very easy to talk to
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler has been taking care of me for over 25 years and i highly recommend him to family and friends.
in Norcross, Ga |
Dr. Wheeler has helped me with my diabetes. He has made me feel comfortable with keeping on track with my diet. He has great bedside manners. His staff is wonderful. I will recommend him to my friend.
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is a great primary care physician. He is very knowledgeable. You can tell he keeps current with all of the latest research and methods of treatment. His staff is wonderfully trained and always very courteous. Like TV's Dr. House, Dr. Wheeler is great at diagnosing a patient's medical problems.
atlanta, ga |
I would not recommend this office or doctor. My experience turned out to be very poor, due too lack of integrity from both staff and Dr wheeler, poor staff competency, and lack of professionalism. The Doctor staff misquoted me procedural costing and told his staff to charge me for services he said were covered. When I refused to pay without a proper explanation the staff called for the doctor and the doctor got upset with me and said to go somewhere else. I've reported him. Unethical & snakey
Atlanta, GA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Wheeler. Not only does he provide great service, but his staff does an excellent job as well.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is very professional and takes the time to fully listen to your symptoms. He doesn't make you feel rushed to get to the next patient.
in Atlanta, GA |
I have been seeing Dr. Wheeler for the past few years and he is the very best around! The office is easy to get to. The entire staff is very friendly and scheduling appointments is a breeze. Dr. Wheeler genuinely cares about his patients. I would refer him to anyone looking for a doctor in the Atlanta area.
in Atlanta, GA |
I have had a wonderful experience with DR. Jim Wheeler and his staff, a very upbeat office and well run with time management
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler has been absolutely wonderful in helping me with a health issue. I feel so grateful to have found him.
in McDonough, GA |
I do not believe that there are ANY words to describe how amazing Dr. Wheeler is. I know for a fact that he saved my life. I have never experienced a doctor who cares as much as he does. If you are reading this, STOP HERE and choose Dr. Wheeler as your physician. Amazing does not describe the kindness, care, sincerity, and concern he shows. Dr. Wheeler... THANK YOU!!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is the ideal doctor. He is an expert in medicine who provides compassionate health care of the highest quality. Dr. Wheeler always actively listens to my problems, validates my feelings, and treats me with compassion. He is meticulous with his assessment, diagnosis, and treatment plan. Dr. Wheeler is very focused and present at each appointment. Each visit to his office is a great experience, all around. Dr. Wheeler certainly adheres to the tenets of the Hippocratic Oath.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler and his staff are exceptional. I came here as a new patient with several issues that I could not get handled with my previous provider. Dr. Wheeler addressed all of my concerns and finally got me on the correct medications. I can't remember the last time I felt this well! He and his staff made me feel comfortable and important. If you are looking for an amazing family practice and doctor, look no further!
in Cumming, GA |
I've been receiving stellar care from Dr. Wheeler and his staff for more than two decades, I highly recommend his practice without hesitation.
in Marietta |
Dear Dr. Wheeler, words alone cannot express my gratitude for the work you do. You and your entire office are the epitome of what healthcare should be. Your staff reminds me of a well oiled machine that runs without any itches. I was in awe just watching each person perform their role and the unison and fluidity that came with it. Thanks, my experience is one I will share with my family and the world. Your are one of the best that I have seen. Your have a beautiful personality. Thank you
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. J. Wheeler is one of the best doctors I have ever had. He listens to you and doesn't dismiss your concerns. Conservative in his use of medications, but doesn't hesitate to prescribe when needed.
in Atlanta, GA |
I have been a patient along with my family for thirteen years of Dr. Wheeler. He has always been very thorough in his exams which have led to being diagnosed very accurately. He, along with his PA's and staff have been very kind, courteous and caring.
Greatest doctor ever!
in atlanta, ga |
Dr. Wheeler is a phenomenal and attentive physician.
in Marietta, Ga. |
He's very thorough and friendly. He takes his time
in Atlanta, GA |
I have been a patient of Dr. James Wheeler since September 2016 and I have been very please with his compassion and concern about my overall health and wellbeing. His staff is always pleasant and equally concerned about me. I recommend Dr. Wheeler seeking a primary doctor!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler has been my Primary Care physician for 35 years. My husband and children are patients as well. I can only give Dr. Wheeler the highest rating possible. It has never been a problem to get an appointment when needed, and I always feel listened to and well advised. Several PAs have been here almost as long as I have been a patient, and I feel just as comfortable seeing them as Dr. Wheeler himself. It is a comfort to have a practice that I trust and respect.
in Atlanta, GA |
My experience with Dr. Wheeler was outstanding. It has been a very long time since I have had a doctor who listened to me, answered all of my questions, and treated me like a patient instead of a case number. I would also like point out that the staff are all extremely courteous and very professional.
Dr. Wheeler is absolutely wonderful! He offers great medical insight and always greets me with a smile. It is hard to find a smart doctor who is kind and warm-hearted so I highly recommend him as a doctor, for I keep coming back to his office even though I now live in another state. Also, his office is very efficient and organized.
Atlanta, GA |
Probably the best Doctor's office I have ever been to. Doctor's and staff are professional and complete. Patient is always first.
Atlanta, GA |
Doctor Wheeler is very knowledgeable and thorough. Would highly recommend.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr Wheeler is caring and willing to make me better. He saved me from an unhealthy lifestyle, and put me on the path to health.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is absolutely wonderful and I truly wish I could continue going to him. The reason I will no longer be returning has everything to do with the billing department at this office. The manager in billing named Felicia is extremely rude and condescending and told me I am always given the invoice during checkout which is completely inaccurate. I always received my bill a few weeks after my appointment and only option was to pay them in full without any type of payment arrangement.
in Atlanta, GA |
Had my annual physical. Everyone was very engaging and professional, and patient with me. I was very pleased with the visit.
Very likely
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr.Wheeler is very patient and his prescriptions helped me a lot.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. Wheeler has been my primary care physician for 15 years, and he consistently provides caring, compassionate care and thoughtful, insightful medical advice. His entire staff focuses on providing exceptional care and service, and I always leave his office feeling confident in the care I receive and empowered with his direction and advice. I am truly blessed to be a patient under his care.
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is very professional, and has a fantastic bedside manner. He very clearly and in simple terms explains your diagnosis, and his plan for treatment. His support staff are top notch and provide excellent customer service.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dominique and Shay were very helpful in the procedure that I needed. They took every possible option to make sure that I did not leave the same way I came in. I was very pleased with the assistance and hospitality these two, along with Dr. Wheeler, exhibited at my visit and I am glad I choose them as my primary care physician.
in Atlanta, GA |
Always considerate and professional.
in Atlanta, GA |
The staff is incredible. They worked with my insurance company to get my entire procedure covered in a co-pay. Dr. Wheeler is so nice and genuinely cares about my health.
in Atlanta, GA |
Been my physician for 3 years and I am always pleased with his expertise and services.
in Atlanta, GA |
I've been a patient of Dr. Wheeler's for 20+ years. I started seeing him in my 20's and feel very blessed to have had him as my primary care physician. I highly recommend him. He has always taken his time with me and explains everything very thoroughly.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is an excellent listener and is very patient with the multiple health problems I have had throughout the years. He always has a positive attitude and he makes me want to work even harder at taking care of my health in every way. I highly recommend seeing Dr. Wheeler.
Atlanta, GA |
Complete, thorough, keeps me feeling confident I'm in good health and getting good advice
in Atlanta, GA |
Moved from Texas last year. My daughter recommended Dr. James Wheeler and I'm so happy she did. My favorite all time doctor. Dr. Wheeler always quickly determines what is ailing me. Today he got me a quick appointment with an Eye specialist for an issue unrelated to my checkup. He also has great "bedside manner." His office staff are always courteous and efficient.
in Atlanta, GA |
Easy to deal with Open and honest with assessments of physical issues and/or ailments
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler was very personable and took time to truly listen and evaluate my concerns. He was very honest and open. He is a great listener, takes pride in his patients and his profession.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is a superb diagnostician and has provided the utmost best of care for myself and my entire family! I have been a patient of his for 30 plus years. The entire medical staff is awesome and the front desk staff are pleasant and extremely efficient. The physicians, nurses, and entire staff truly care for their patients. I could not recommend a better physician!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is very thorough, knowledgeable, warm and empathetic. He genuinely cares about the health of his patients. His approach is one of teamwork: he'll work with you, every step of the way, to improve your health and overall well-being. And the staff or nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician's assistants are absolutely fantastic! You always feel welcome and taken care of.
in Decatur, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is a fantastic medical practitioner. He's a no nonsense down to earth guy who is an attentive, kind, and very intelligent doctor. I actually look forward to my appointments with him which is not something I've ever really felt before about a doctors appointment . The waiting room and private rooms are all very nice and clean and the nurses and staff are all very kind and accommodating. Choosing Dr. Wheeler as my General Practitioner was one of the best decisions I've ever made!
in Woodstock, GA |
I've been coming to Dr. Wheeler and his practice for the last 18 years. Wouldn't consider going anywhere else. Staff is extremely friendly!
Have you seen Dr. James Wheeler, MD?
Are you Dr. Wheeler?