Dr. James R. Van Horne, MD

Dr. James R. Van Horne, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics | Male

Paragon Orthopedic Center 702 SW Ramsey Ave Ste 112, Grants Pass, OR 97527 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Van Horne specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics and practices in Grants Pass, OR. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Van Horne? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Van Horne's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Van Horne's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Orthopedic Surgerynull

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Van Horne

Dr. Van Horne accepts 12 insurance carriers

12 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Van Horne has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Van Horne

Dr. Van Horne's Review Details
      4.7 based on 55 responses
      Experience with Dr. Van Horne
      Dr. Van Horne's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (53)
      in Crescent City, CA |
      Followed Dr. Van Horne's instructions of pre-operative preparation and now nine weeks out after full right knee replacement am walking normally. Will have left knee done in October after my husband and I spend a month walking around Europe in July and August. This operation greatly increased the quality of my life.
      in Grants Pass, OR |
      Best Doctor ever. My hip replacement went so smoothly and I know it was due to the wonderful care that Dr. Van Horne and his staff gave me from beginning to end. Was back to work in 10 days. Was off pain meds in 3 days. Will have my other hip replacement in Sept. Looking forward to getting my life back pain free. Chris Grants Pass
      in Grants Pass, OR |
      My husband had hip replacement surgery. Easiest surgery I have been thru with him. Dr. Van Horn is very specific in what he wants. You need to exercise, walk every day, eat healthy. He has written things down that you need to read and refer back to if needed. Office staff is always very friendly and considerate. Dr. Van Horn will sit there and answer questions until you are satisfied with all answers. Remember walk and exercise you will be so pleased with the results.
      in Brookings, OR |
      Dr vanhorn wants you the patient to have the very best chance fora successful hip replacement. And if you follow his advice you will. I know
      in Merlin, OR |
      I had a knee replacement and it is outstanding. Dr. Van Horne is very good at explaining the procedure and what you have to do a get complete recovery. He put everything in writing and communicates changes as they happen. His staff is very good at communicating and helping you with questions. I am very satisfied and I am having my other knee done.
      in Grants Pass, OR |
      Dr. Van Horne is not only extremely skilled, he is very kind and caring as well. He has very set protocols for patients to follow and if you do so, you will have a great outcome. I was pretty lazy, bad eating habits, didn't exercise or take good care of myself. My knees were extremely painful. I had difficulty walking, steps were nearly impossible, driving was painful and I feared I was headed for a wheel chair. I followed Dr. Van Horne's protocols and truly do have my life back,
      in Medford, Oregon |
      Two months ago I had my second total knee replacement by Dr. Van Horne. I am already able to walk 2 to 3 miles a day. Not only is he the best orthopedic surgeon but the amount of time that he spends with you is unheard of. I have been to other orthopedic surgeons in the a Rogue Valley. All of them made me feel like I was part of a cattle call. You were lucky if you spent five minutes with them. Follow his exercise routine and your outcome will be amazing.
      in Grants Pass, OR |
      I just had A new hip replacement about 7 weeks ago. I can't believe how well I'm doing now. I unloaded A ton of hay just after 6 weeks of my surgery. The secret is to do all exercises he tells you to do both prior and after surgery.
      in Brookings, OR |
      In Nov. of 2015 I had a total hip replacement. Dr. Van Horne and all of his staff were so wonderful. My experience throughout the whole process could not have been better. I have not had any pain at any time after surgery. I did follow his instructions precisely, before and after the surgery. I believe that helps very much. I am so thankful and cannot say enough good things about Dr. Van Horne and his staff.
      in Grants Pass, OR |
      Dr. VanHorne knew my name, he really knew and used my name. I got the impression I was his only patient that morning but of course I wasn't. He is a hugger, because he cares. He took time that morning to talk to my husband, and make him feel at ease, If you take his advice, you to will be up and back to normal like me in no time. I feel wonderful, and my friends tell me I look so much better now. I guess my face was showing my hip pain. At least go and talk to his wonderful staff. Karen Zoufa
      in Gold Hill, OR |
      Dr. Van Horne's pre surgery suggested preparation is excellent. The pre and post surgery exercise routine is excellent. Your chance of a successful recovery is greatly enhanced by following his patient plan. The pre surgery pain trial was also a success. He was able to dial in the amount of narcotic pain meds to my needs. It worked.
      in Merlin, OR |
      De VanHorne is very professional, but more important, he is very personable. My husband and I liked him the first time we met with him and had the greatest confidence in him; which was not misplaced. I would recommend Dr VanHorne to anyone contemplating orthopedic surgery. He has replaced both of my knees and I have had excellent results.
      Have you seen Dr. Van Horne?
      Are you Dr. Van Horne? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Van Horne

• Knee Arthroscopy
      • Knee Replacement Revision
      • Knee Surgery
      • Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Hahnemann School of Medicine, Allegheny University of Health Sciences

Harvard/bwh

Completed in 1997

University of California At Berkeley

Graduated in 1982

Dr. Van Horne has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Van Horne's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
      • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Van Horne

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Van Horne's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Van Horne

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients