Dr. James Trahan, MD

Dr. James Trahan, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. James Trahan, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Ames, IA and has been practicing for 33 years. He graduated from U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston in 1985 and specializes in psychiatry.

2521 University Blvd Ste 122

Ames, IA 50010

• Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Trahan

See how frequently Dr. Trahan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bipolar Disorder
Psychiatric Diseases
Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Trahan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

• Texas A&M University / Main Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Memorial Hermann Hospital

Dr. Trahan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Trahan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Trahan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Trahan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Trahan to family and friends

Dr. Trahan's Performance

I have severe depression and Dr. Trahan has done his best to help me. We spend our appointments talking about my recent life events and what I can do to help myself along with medication. I'm glad I'm able to see him. His staff has always been friendly to me and the most I've ever waited to see...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I feel that Dr. Trahan is too quick to push medication and dismisses any other forms of treatment. I have mild depression and have felt uncomfortable with his readiness to continually medicate me.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
If I could leave zero stars, I would. Dr. Trahan was incredibly unprofessional with me, and made seriously concerning comments about my physical appearance. This was several years ago, so I was a teenager. Now, as an adult I have a better understanding of how wrong his actions were, especially...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Doesn't care about clients, only useful if you want to spend hundreds of dollars to be shuffled through antidepressants with little say in the matter.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I saw him for 35 minutes and he told me nothing and charged me $300. He is a poor doctor and his staff is unprofessional and rude. I would not recommend him to anyone.
Are you Dr. Trahan?