Dr. James Tiesi, MD

Dr. James Tiesi, MD

Neurosurgery  |
37 reviews

Dr. James Tiesi, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Bradenton, FL. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Tiesi is affiliated with Blake Medical Center and Manatee Memorial Hospital....See Less

Neuro-Spinal Associates

• Health Net
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Medico

Learn about Dr. Tiesi

NeuroSpinal Associates has been providing quality care to our community for over 15 years. Drs. Philip Tally, Michael King, and James Tiesi are a group of highly trained and skilled neurosurgeons dedicated to providing you with the latest, most comprehensive neurosurgical care available. NeuroSpinal Associates specializes in the treatment of stroke, aneurysm, back and neck care and surgery for cerebral vascular accident.

Dr. Tiesi's Experience

Dr. Tiesi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Broken Neck
  • Carotid Artery Stenosis
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty

Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • University Of Illinois-Cook County Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Illinois-Michael Reese Hospital-Cook County Hospital

Dr. Tiesi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tiesi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tiesi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Tiesi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tiesi to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Tiesi's Performance
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr Tiesi shows great concern for his patience. I highly recommend him
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Was knowledgeable, compassionate, no nonsense. Office staff was the worst. Would not schedule an appointment until my insurance company called while I was on the phone. Had to do my job and hers too. Was o.k. office visit once I got past the lady that scheduled appointment.
I'm glad you were happy with your consultation, sir. In defense of my office staff it is becoming increasingly onerous these days to obtain approval from insurance companies for office visits, tests and surgeries. The phone calls, paperwork and red-tape have become ridiculous and it is frustrating to both patients and staff. My apologies for any inconvenience it caused you. Dr.T
in Lakewood Ranch,!Fl |
He is an arrogant jerk and I would not let him operate on my dog. Pompous, know it all who does not listen to his patient because he has already decided the patient is scamming. Even when presented with reputable MRI, he says that the Radiologist is in kahoots with the attorneys. Worse doctor I have ever seen and would not recommend even as a veterinarian. I recommend that you find another practice; one that actually has malpractice insurance, as this one needs it but doesn't have it.
Mr M. I am, truthfully, quite intelligent and extensively educated and highly trained in my specialty. If that came off as pomposity to you I apologize. I'm sorry you were unhappy with my recommendation for non-surgical treatment of your pain. Best of luck with your rehab and law suit. And my best to your dog as well. Dr. T
in Bradenton, FL |
He prejudges people and acts like they are out to milk the system with fake back ailments. Even criticized MRI specialists saying that they are working for the lawyers, and that their MRI reviews are slanted for the lawyers. Very opinionated in a negative way on his diagnosis, and also very opinionated in a negative way toward me and my symptoms. I did not like him or his attitude.
Please see the above reply as this patient felt it necessary to leave two comments on the same day, one under his name and the other using only his initials. Hmmm. Dr. T
in Bradenton, FL |
He was ridiculous. He claimed he did not have any of my records; which was not true. He started our session by asking me why I was there. He appeared totally unprepared and at the end of the sesssion asked if i would go downstairs and bring him the results of my MRI which he earlier claimed that I had not had This whole session was a mitigated disaster and I wish there was a way that I could report him to authorities. My session with him provided me with zero information.
I'm sorry you were unhappy with your consultation Mr. K. and my recommendation for non-surgical, conservative treatment of your condition. My records indicate that your diagnosis was discussed with you and your wife, and I explained symptoms to watch out for in the future which might indicate worsening of the condition. The missing MRI was something I had no control over and never was produced by the referring physician. Again, my apologies and best wishes.
in Sun City Center, Florida |
Very knowledgeable and professional. Explained my condition in a way I could understand. Answered all my questions. Surgery was a success. Thank you Dr Tiesi!! After surgery, Dr Tiesi was available and focused on my complete recovery.
Thank you for your kind words Mr. G. I'm happy all went well! Dr. T
in Bradenton fl |
Dr. Tiesi Spent 5 min with me. Did not explain anything on my Mri. Gave me zero options to fix the discomfort I'm having. I would definitely not recommend this doctor.
I'm sorry you were unhappy with your consultation Miss C. Going over my records I see we discussed conservative treatment for your non-surgical condition, including physical therapy and pain management, both of which you refused as you wished to treat your pain on your own. I'm not certain what more I could have done. Dr. T
Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Tiesi's direct approach, skill as a surgeon, easing any nervousness, professionalism
Your kind words are appreciated. Thank you from me and my staff! Dr. T
Have you seen Dr. James Tiesi, MD?

Visit Dr. Tiesi