Dr. James Thomasch, MD

Dr. James Thomasch, MD

Urology  |
28 reviews

Dr. James Thomasch, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Colorado Spgs, CO. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Thomasch is affiliated with Penrose-St. Francis Health Services and University of Colorado Health - Memorial Hospital Central....See Less

Urological Associates PC

1644 Medical Center Pt Ste 200

Colorado Spgs, CO 80907

• HealthFirst
  • Medicare
  • Principal Life

Learn about Dr. Thomasch

We commit ourselves to providing the best urologic care in the region while holding ourselves to the highest national standards. We consider ourselves physicians, not providers. By doing so, we are dedicated to providing personal, compassionate, individual care to our patients and their families. We will make every effort to practice cost-effective urology. However, we will strive to resist attempts on the part of the managed care plans and the government to compromise what we know to be safe, state-of-the-art, compassionate care. We expect you to be an active participant in your care. Our goal is to explain the options to you. We strive to answer your questions and encourage you to be in control of medical decisions. The philosophy is in contrast with the old idea that "the doctor knows best."

Dr. Thomasch's Experience

Dr. Thomasch's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Urology

• Urology

Dr. Thomasch does not have any board certifications listed.

• Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Balanoposthitis
  • Bladder Atony
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureterovesical Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Gonorrhea Infections
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Incontinence
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Diseases
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

• Lithotripsy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Orchiectomy
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Penile Implants
  • Ureteroneocystostomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy
  • Ureterscopies
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Urogynecologic Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vasectomy
  • Vasectomy Reversal

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Boston College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • Vanderbilt University Medical Center, General Surgery
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Urology
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Thomasch has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Thomasch has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Thomasch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thomasch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Penrose-St. Francis Health Services

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
America's 50 Best Hospitals Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Thomasch is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Thomasch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thomasch to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Thomasch's Performance
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Thomasch, is a friendly doctor who takes the time to explain everything and hes not in a rush to get to the next patient. I have seen Dr. Thomasch many times over the last 7 years, two surgeries along with office visits, he has always taking care of my concerns.
Colorado Springs, CO |
I've had a great experience with Dr. Thomasch. He first accepted me as a patient and scheduled a quick appointment in a time of crisis. The follow-up care he has provided has been excellent. He has explained his recommended treatment throughout and spent the time necessary to make sure I understood everything. He gave me confidence that things would be better - and they are now. I recommend him without hesitation.
in Woodland Park, CO |
From the beginning Dr. Thomasch was completely positive about process and the eventual outcome regarding my surgery. This really put me at ease and gave me a positive outlook at a time when the situation looked bleak to me. His confident demeanor gives you complete confidence in his skills as a surgeon. I'm living life like I never had cancer and I give him all the credit. My wholehearted recommendation!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Thomasch is an outstanding Doctor , he has been taking care of me for the last three plus years . After two surgeries which were an total success , and a yearly checkup I feel great . Thank you Doctor Thomasch , !!!
in Cascade, CO |
Dr. Thomasch explained why it was a "no brainer' in my case to have the TURP procedure. The results were well worth the discomforts of recovery, After 6 weeks, the flow and retention tests were excellent. It is now 6 months later, and I am well pleased with bladder control and much lower frequency of urination. The long term affects of continuing to allow the prostate to restrict proper emptying were explained before the procedure. I am very happy to have put these risks behind.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Thomasch consulted about my urinary retention problem and concluded that the PlasmaButton Vaporization procedure which he does about 75-100 times/year might solve my problem. The surgery was performed very quickly , I was discharged as an out-patient. My post-op showed that the surgery was a huge success. I experienced Dr. Thomasch as personable, extremely competent, understanding and taking time to answer questions and give explanations. I highly recommend Dr. Thomasch as a Urologist
Colorado Springs, CO |
Yes, I am pleased that my primary doctor recommended Dr. Thomasch. I am very pleased. His one on one put me at ease and his quick follow up was impressive. He remembered every detail of my initial visit, very professional.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr.Thomasch has been very informative and caring with me throughout my medical situation. His skills as a surgeon and as a Doctor were and have been reassuring to both myself and my family. Can't say enough how appreciative I am.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Great knowledgeable Doctor, I was fortunate to discover my prostate cancer thru a biopsy, performed by Dr. James Thomasch, even though my PSA was only 5! Dr. Thomasch found I was full of cancer and scheduled my prostectomy? right away, less than 1 month later he removed my prostate along with lymph glands etc. I had radiation for what Dr. Thomasch couldn't get for 3 months, I feel I was very lucky to have gotten the expert help, when I did or who knows I might not be here to write this review!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I highly recommend Dr. Thomasch and I am completed satisfied with the care he and his staff have provided to me. He is a very caring and thoughtful doctor that recently performed my kidney cancer surgery. He listens and answers my and my wife's questions completely.. and I have no problem understanding what he is telling me. He is a "people person" professional. Thank you Dr. Thomasch.... I know you saved my life. God's Blessings.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have been seeing Dr. Thomasch for a couple of years for recurrent kidney stones. He has given me excellent care. He explains things so that I can understand it clearly. He seems to genuinely care about me, not just as a patient, but also as a person. His staff is wonderful. They are always very welcoming and helpful. His medical assistant, Lucy, went above and beyond in dealing with my paperwork for FMLA. I would highly recommend Dr. Thomasch. He has helped tremendously.
in Florissant, CO |
Dr. Thomasch diagnosed my problem with my prostate and did a TURP procedure and now I am able to empty my bladder totally. What a relief. Had 3 biopsies before and Dr. Thomasch did other tests, non invasive, before doing the TURP to make sure I did not prostate cancer. I have recommended him to several friends as I am totally happy to have him as my doctor.
in Pueblo, CO |
Dr. Thomasch has treated my father and provided execptional care . Now I am also seeing him and he has been awesome he listens to your needs and has very good understanding of his patients concerns. I have also referred other friends. And they have been extremely happy.
Colorado Springs, CO |
I learned I had a tumor in my right kidney. I was referred to Dr. Thomasch. He was able to successfully laser the tumor. I have not had any reoccurrence. He followed up with different test to make sure the tumor had not returned. He explained everything to me and my husband and made sure we understood what was happening. I would highly recommend him.
in colorado springs, co |
Dr. Thomasch was part of the team that diagnosed my prostate as cancerous. With their help and guidance, I decided to have the prostate removed and Dr. T. was my surgeon. Thanks to early diagnosis, the surgery appears to be a complete success. A follow up procedure for incontinence was performed a year later, again with great success. In my opinion, Dr. Thomasch has proven himself to be a highly skilled surgeon. If you have to have surgery, this is the guy you want to do the job.
Colorado Springs, CO |
I was referred to Dr Thomasch by my primary care physician due to increasing PSA levels. After reviewing lab results and recommending an ultrasound biopsy which revealed a malignancy in the prostrate, he set up a consultation with my wife and me. At that time, he thoroughly explained the various options along with pros & cons of each. As a result, we made the informed decision of surgery which was successful. Followup appointments were timely, efficient, and answered any other questions.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Treated me well for kidney stones but the Doctor and staff do not return calls when they say they will call you right back. My ED problem has not improved and I am very disappointed in being told we can help you with that and then no help is even offered. The staff does not follow up at all and treat you as if you are not anything but money in their pockets. I would not recommend any of the Doctors at Urology Associates of Colorado Springs to my worst enemies.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was looking for a doctor who had a lot of experience with the type of surgery I was considering. Although Dr. Thomasch had not performed a significant number of surgeries of this type, he spent a lot of time with me answering all of my questions and concerns. After speaking with him I felt quite comfortable with having surgery and I am so glad that I did. I have a lot of confidence in Dr. Thomash and would highly recommend him. Staff are friendly and very professional.
in Evergreen, CO |
Doctor Thomasch is friendly, knowledgable, and helpful. He is great with patients in helping them to understand any procedure or action that is necessary. I had an overall flawless experience with Dr. Thomasch and would recommend him to anyone looking for a specialist in this area.
Have you seen Dr. James Thomasch, MD?
Are you Dr. Thomasch?