Dr. James R. Thomasch, MD

Dr. James R. Thomasch, MD

15 reviews

Urology | Male | 42 years old

We commit ourselves to providing the best urologic care in the region while holding ourselves to the highest national standards. We consider ourselves physicians, not providers. By doing so, we are dedicated to providing personal, compassionate, individual care to our patients and their families. We will make every effort to practice cost-effective urology. However, we will strive to resist attempts on the part of the managed care plans and the government to compromise what we know to be safe, state-of-the-art, compassionate care. We expect you to be an active participant in your care. Our goal is to explain the options to you. We strive to answer your questions and encourage you to be in control of medical decisions. The philosophy is in contrast with the old idea that "the doctor knows best."Read more

Urological Associates PC
America's 50 Best Hospitals Award

Dr. Thomasch is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Thomasch's Experience

See how Dr. Thomasch's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Thomasch

Dr. Thomasch accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Thomasch has admitting privileges.

Dr. Thomasch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thomasch to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Thomasch's Performance
Colorado Springs, CO |
I learned I had a tumor in my right kidney. I was referred to Dr. Thomasch. He was able to successfully laser the tumor. I have not had any reoccurrence. He followed up with different test to make sure the tumor had not returned. He explained everything to me and my husband and made sure we understood what was happening. I would highly recommend him.
in colorado springs, co |
Dr. Thomasch was part of the team that diagnosed my prostate as cancerous. With their help and guidance, I decided to have the prostate removed and Dr. T. was my surgeon. Thanks to early diagnosis, the surgery appears to be a complete success. A follow up procedure for incontinence was performed a year later, again with great success. In my opinion, Dr. Thomasch has proven himself to be a highly skilled surgeon. If you have to have surgery, this is the guy you want to do the job.
Colorado Springs, CO |
I was referred to Dr Thomasch by my primary care physician due to increasing PSA levels. After reviewing lab results and recommending an ultrasound biopsy which revealed a malignancy in the prostrate, he set up a consultation with my wife and me. At that time, he thoroughly explained the various options along with pros & cons of each. As a result, we made the informed decision of surgery which was successful. Followup appointments were timely, efficient, and answered any other questions.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Treated me well for kidney stones but the Doctor and staff do not return calls when they say they will call you right back. My ED problem has not improved and I am very disappointed in being told we can help you with that and then no help is even offered. The staff does not follow up at all and treat you as if you are not anything but money in their pockets. I would not recommend any of the Doctors at Urology Associates of Colorado Springs to my worst enemies.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was looking for a doctor who had a lot of experience with the type of surgery I was considering. Although Dr. Thomasch had not performed a significant number of surgeries of this type, he spent a lot of time with me answering all of my questions and concerns. After speaking with him I felt quite comfortable with having surgery and I am so glad that I did. I have a lot of confidence in Dr. Thomash and would highly recommend him. Staff are friendly and very professional.
in Evergreen, CO |
Doctor Thomasch is friendly, knowledgable, and helpful. He is great with patients in helping them to understand any procedure or action that is necessary. I had an overall flawless experience with Dr. Thomasch and would recommend him to anyone looking for a specialist in this area.
Have you seen Dr. James R. Thomasch, MD?
Are you Dr. Thomasch?

Compare Dr. Thomasch

More Urology Specialists like Dr. Thomasch at Urological Associates PC

Dr. Thomasch's Care Philosophy

Dr. Thomasch's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Balanoposthitis
  • Bladder Atony
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureterovesical Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Gonorrhea Infections
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Incontinence
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Diseases
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Urology

Completed in 2011

Boston College

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Thomasch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thomasch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology

• Lithotripsy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Orchiectomy
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Penile Implants
  • Ureteroneocystostomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy
  • Ureterscopies
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry