Dr. James M. Talkington, MD

Dr. James M. Talkington, MD

Orthopedic Arthroscopy | Male | 63 years old

Dr. Talkington founded Florida Sportsmedicine and Orthopedics, P.A. in 1989, just a few years after completing his medical training. Dr. Talkington graduated from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine in 1980, graduating with honors (magna cum laude), second in his class. After completing a four-year residency in orthopedic surgery at University Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida in 1984, Dr. Talkington pursued a sports medicine fellowship at the University of Chicago. When he opened his practice in Panama City, he was the first sports medicine doctor in Bay County. Dr. Talkington is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons. He has hospital privileges at Gulf Coast Medical Center and Northwest Florida Surgery Center. He is an active member of the American Medical Association, Arthroscopy Association of Northwest Florida, and Bays Medical Society.Read more

Florida Sportsmedicine and Orthopaedics, PA
2428 Jenks Ave
Panama City, FL 32405 Get Directions

Whether you are an elite athlete or returning to the work place, we use the most advanced techniques available. Dr. Talkington takes a personal approach to each patient.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Talkington's Experience

See how Dr. Talkington's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Talkington

Dr. Talkington accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Talkington has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Talkington
Dr. Talkington's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (53)
in Lynn Haven, FL |
Dr. Talkington's bedside manners were good. He explained and checked to make sure we understood what was going to happen and what was expected.
in Panama City, FL |
Very flexible scheduling. Was able to see me on a moments notice after my shoulder surgery for anything I had going on. Very great care. His staff are all very nice. He did a great job on my bicep tendendsis surgery. I am about 15 weeks post op and am well on my way to being 100%. Highly recommended!
in Panama City, FL |
Dr. Talkington is a true professional. For many years, I have put off seeing a surgeon; due to a bad surgical experience I had many years ago in California. But after being treated by Dr. Talkington, I have changed my view on the surgery process. He has tremendously improved my quality of life. In fact, I am so pleased with his facility, staff and his work that I will be returning for additional treatment on ailments that I have been putting off for too long. Also, I referred my wife to him.
in Panama City, Florida |
My husband and I saw Dr. Talkington for shoulder and hip pain. He was so thorough and in the end his treatment relieved the pain! Computers in the office allowed Dr. Talkington to show us where the problem was! Michelle was amazing at getting our appointments and making sure that our insurance covered the services provided! What a GREAT TEAM! I'll recommend you to all my friends-thank you!!
in Panama City, FL |
I had a torn meniscus in my Right knee repaired by Dr. Talkington last Nov with a fantastic outcome. The outcome was such, I decided to have the Left knee repaired last week. So far, the result seems to be the same or better. Both of my knees have been causing pain for some time, I just wish I would have entrusted Dr. Talkington and his staff sooner. Great Dr and staff!! Would highly recommend!!
in Panama City Beach, FL |
At the age of 71, I came to Dr. Talkington for rotator cuff surgery to address a prolonged bicep tendon injury and frozen shoulder condition. My choice was based on my wife's successful ACL and MCL surgery, his sports medicine credentials, and recommendations by trusted physical therapists. Through the Lord's grace and Dr. Talkington's blessed skill, my surgery was also successful. I ceased post operative pain medication 48 hours after surgery and commenced physical therapy 2 days after that.
in Lynn Haven, FL |
Not only does Dr. Talkington look like Kevin Spacey, but he's just about the coolest guy you can imagine cutting on your joints. From the first meeting we had, the good doctor and his staff have been fantastically professional and accommodating. The Doctor himself is confident, technical, and competent, and has a great attitude. This office is so good, that if I were injured and living in a different part of the country I would come back here just so I could be under their care again.
in Lynn Haven, FL |
Very good doctor. Listens to his patients.
in Sanford, FL |
My expierence with Dr. Talkington was outstanding. He was very nice and understanding. All the staff in the office is very friendly. I found scheduling appointments very easy and quick. I called the office and they fit me in to next day. Once in the office I waited a very short time in the waiting room. Less then 10 mins. They had me back in a room and I saw Dr. Talkington not long after being in the room. Definitely recommend anyone needing an orthopedic surgeon or Doctor to go see him.
in Panama City, FL |
We had a wonderful experience with Dr Talkington and his staff . I took my daughter to see him with a fractured foot. The office staff is wonderful and we didn't have to wait to see the doctor but a few minutes. He spoke with us where we understood what he found and how to treat it. He made me feel very confident in his treatment.
in Panama City, FL |
i woke up one morning with my shoulder killing me, call Dr. Talkington's office was offer an appointment the next day. Dr. Talkington did an ultrasound and recommended an injection, it hasn't bothered me since.
in Panama City, FL |
Thank you Dr. Talkington for seeing me and explaining in detail my diagnosis and options. My experience was awesome! Everyone in your office took time with me and made me feel special.
in Panama City, FL |
Dr. Talkington and the entire staff are a cut above the rest. They all go the extra mile to make sure you are taken care of. The digital xrays were amazing. Thank you for taking care of me.
in Panama city, fl |
He knew right away what was wrong. Great Dr. Listen to me and let me know what to expect after surgery. Very little down time , I was back at work 2 1/2 weeks after surgery. I'm doing great I recommend Dr. Talkington to anyone with sports injuries .
in Panama City, FL |
dr talkington & his wife ann do just as their name implies TALK - they don't listen enough!!
Have you seen Dr. James M. Talkington, MD?
Are you Dr. Talkington?

Dr. Talkington says...

Dr. Talkington's Care Philosophy

Dr. Talkington's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Arthroscopy
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Magna Cum Laude-University of Mississippi Medical School, 1981
    • Goodpasture Award for Paathology

Dr. Talkington has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Talkington's Board Certifications

• Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Injuries
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fractured Lower Leg
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Gout
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprains and Tears
  • Meniscus Injuries
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Metatarsal Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Sports Injuries of the Knee
  • Stress Fracture
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Subacromial Bursitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia Fracture

Sportsmedicine-University Of Chicago

Completed in 1986

University Of Mississippi Medical Center

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Talkington does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Talkington and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Arthroscopy

• Excision of Cyst
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Surgery
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment