Dr. James Talkington, MD

Dr. James Talkington, MD

Sports MedicineMaleAge 69

Sports Medicine

Dr. James Talkington, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Panama City, FL and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine in 1980. He is affiliated with Hca Florida Gulf Coast Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Florida Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics PA

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Talkington

0.7092198581560284%
0.7092198581560284%

Dr. Talkington

I've had three visits with Dr. Talkington on a Workman's Comp. claim and I was in and out within thirty minutes on all three! On my first visit he actually asked me what I like to do in my off time. Unheard of in today's fast pace world! He and his staff were professional, friendly and treated me with respect. He took the time to explain all the options including surgery(which I didn't need). I would highly recommend him for any orthopedic needs that you may have!
Leigh Thompson – Aug 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
I don't typically submit reviews, and I waited several months before posting this one. Needing to have surgery is never a good place to be; there will be pain. I've had multiple surgeries in my lifetime and rotator cuff surgery with the removal of a bone spur was among the most invasive. Dr. Talkington met with me and reviewed my xrays. He knew what needed to be done, but still gave me multiple options. Ultimately, I opted for surgery. Now Dr. Talkington is not the kind of guy who smiles much. I got a kinda "non-friendly" vibe from him on a couple occasions. I typically deflect uncomfortable discussions (surgery) with a bit of humor. He didn't bite on it! What he might lack in sense of humor he more than makes up in surgical prowess. Surgery went exactly like he said it would. He actually suggests that his patients not undergo a nerve block. This make me a bit nervous, but after surgery I didn't really need it. Sure there was pain, but Dr. Talkington did an amazing job. He came highly
Chris Musto – Jul 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
I tore my meniscus and Dr. Talkington was highly recommended. From the first visit I felt very confident I had made the right decision to go to him. A professional atmosphere and services when I walked in but the staff was friendly and attentive. Dr. T was great. He explained the surgery needed to repair the meniscus and listened to my concerns. The procedure and healing went perfect. Ann was very helpful in explaining exercises, etc and providing her YouTube videos that were very benefits like in my recovery. I love too, that my appointment time was actually My Appointment Time. No sitting around waiting for an hour after you get there, going to a room, waiting for another hour for the doctor to come in. A doctor who actually considers that your time is as valuable as his is refreshing. Thank you all for an uplifting experience during a difficult time.
Brenda Rutherford – Feb 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
Dr Talkington and his entire staff was wonderful I had put off shoulder surgery for years afraid of the horror stories I had heard. But Dr Talkington was wonderful and the surgery was no t bad just have to follow doctors orders.. I would highly recommend him and his staff.. Sherrie Canaday 9/17/20
Sherrie Canaday – Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
Very knowledgeable doctor and excellent staff. Dr Talkington has kept me out on the tennis court for over 20 years.
Bob Sombathy – Dec 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
Dr. Talkington and his staff is so professional and kind. This is my third surgery, shoulder, left knee and now the right and is perfect again. He takes his time and makes you feel so at ease. When it is time for my forth this is the only doctor I will see. Gene Bay 08/24/2020
Eugene H Bay Jr – Aug 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
My first introduction to Dr Talkington was he did surgery on my wife's wrist. I was so impressed with his approach and the efficiency of his office that when I started having issues with my hands, he was my first choice. I wasn't disappointed. He listened, discussed options and spent time to make sure I understood it all.
Bill Lloyd – Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
Florida Sports Medicine with Dr. Talkington and his staff, Ann, Stephanie and Michelle, have taken care of our family since we moved to Panama City in 2002. Our son played lots of sports, along with that comes sports related injuries. The Florida Sports Medicine team treated his injuries with the utmost care and professionalism. When our son went off to college and played sports, this team would take time out of their busy schedule to look at any X-rays and doctors’ reports and give us that “trusted” 2nd opinion. Never a charge! I have also had injuries over the years and was taken care of with a goal of bing pain free and living my best life! Florida Sports Medicine is like family to us. You can not go wrong with this team taking care of you.
Cami Brown Smith – Jul 22, 2020
Hey Cami, we are so thankful for patients like...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
I had been going on base to be seen for shoulder pain that had been bothering me for over a year and it just seemed to get worse and would not dissipate so after an MRI and X-Ray I was referred me to Dr. Talkington's office to be seen. From the very first interaction with him and his staff I knew it was going to be a positive experience, I knew the health of my shoulder was in good hands. Dr. Talkington was very knowledgeable and knew exactly what he was dealing with when I described my pain and what I was feeling, he hit the nail on the head. We then decided surgery was the best route to take so we proceeded and scheduled a surgery date. Dr. Talkington is very well known and that instantly made me feel good because I had never had an actual surgery before. I showed up to the northwest Florida surgery center and had a great procedure and my recovery is going great. Dr. Talkington ended up doing Biceps tenodesis surgery on my left arm. I highly recommend Dr. Talkington, amazing Doctor.
Jonathan Pressly – Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
I saw him for shoulder pain. He had a no nonsense approach and he was to the point about my options. I had to have surgery on my shoulder. The surgery was successful and I am so glad he was my surgeon.
Gina – May 07, 2020
Hey Gina, hope your shoulder is feeling well and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
Dr. Talkington is one of the best doctors I've had the pleasure to work with. He listens, and he encourages you to ask questions. He answers your questions with great detail, so you feel there is nothing left out. He doesn't try to hurry you like some doctors do. Plus, he has a great sense of humor ! Wait times are minimal. The office staff is first rate and eager to help.
John Mc – Apr 20, 2020
Amazing doctor 10 out of 10
Jacob – Dec 04, 2019
Hey Jacob, glad to hear it. Thanks for the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
Rotator Cuff repair in Jan. '19 in P'cola that didn't take. After 3 months of pain that the original surgeon said was not there I found Dr. T on PCB. Told him what I had experienced. I showed him my MRI (that I paid for), he saw the problem and fixed it. He went the extra steps that some surgeons do not do. End result no more pain and regaining strength daily. Dr. T and his whole staff are very professional, friendly, compassionate, AND THEY LISTENED to what I was telling them. Fortunately Dr T. has agreed to be my "go to orthopedist" In the future. I could have use more adjectives to describe my great experience but you get my point. He and his office is definitely an asset to our community
Fred W. (Panama City) – Oct 19, 2019
Hey Fred, we are so glad you had a good...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
Very pleasant office environment. Staff is very efficient; Nurse, office staff, and backup. Dr. Talkington is a good listener. He is willing to try the less invasive course of action first. He walks through the options with the patient.
JM in Panama City Beach – Jun 06, 2019
Thank you for the kind review, we are glad that...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
Dr Talkington is extremely straightforward and I appreciated his options that were non-surgical before recommending any surgeries. He won’t try to sell you into a procedure unless he feels strongly it is the BEST option. This last procedure I had performed was the second operation I had by Dr Talkington and it has been extremely successful, like the first. Hopefully my old body won’t require any more procedures like this but if I do, Dr Talkington will be the first person I will call!!!
Bill Hargaray in Lynn Haven, FL – Apr 02, 2019
Hey Bill, we are so glad to hear that you had a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
Dr Talkington is a friendly and competent doctor. He does not rush you and he listens to your concerns. I saw him for a frozen shoulder. This was the first problem I have gone to him for and I was very pleased!
Mar 29, 2019
So glad to hear that you had a good experience...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
Great doctor that we have seen multiple times with my active, sports loving boys!
Daphne watts – Mar 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
Thumb surgery for osteoarthritis went extremely well. The Doctor and Staff were very professional, competent, and personable.
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
Very pleased with outcome of arthroscopic surgery on first right and then left knee! I can walk again and not hobble. Thank you!!
Art Pearce in Panama City, FL – Feb 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?
Dr. Talkington is a very professional very competent doctor. He is a good person who listens and seems to really care about his patents and their best outcome. His staff are also wonderful and very accommodating to your needs. I am three weeks post op and already improving by leaps and bounds. I would recommend him to anyone. I have little to no pain and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of care and the therapy which help me each day.
RPG in Panama, FL – Jan 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Talkington, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Talkington?