Dr. Jimmy Sun, MD

Dr. Jimmy Sun, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  ·
Dr. Jimmy Sun, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Placentia, CA and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons in 1998 and specializes in ear, nose, and throat and facial plastic & reconstructive surgery.

1275 N Rose Dr Ste 104

Placentia, CA 92870

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net
  • TriWest Champus

Learn about Dr. Sun

See how frequently Dr. Sun performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Earwax Buildup
Ear Ache
Ear Disorders

Dr. Sun's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Sun "My top priority in the first visit is to establish an accurate diagnosis.  A major part of my approach is taking a careful history including hearing the patient's words and recognizing his/her nonverbal clues. I examine the patient to confirm or rule out my suspicions.

I use endoscopy (a thin flexible camera that can be inserted to view the nose and throat) when needed to investigate areas not visible on a typical physical exam. Endoscopy gives immediate information without radiation exposure. Of course, I do order scans when necessary, but never to substitute for a careful exam.

I tailor treatments individually for each patient. . I am mindful that patient's have out of pocket costs. I offer generics and nonsurgical treatments whenever possible.  Every patient will have a different treatment that is best suited for her/him.

We want the simplest, quickest, least expensive, least invasive, lowest risk, most effective treatment.  Obviously, no one treatment is going to fit all of those criteria, so my rule is that each patient choose his or her treatment with my nonjugdemental guidance.  My goal is to have as many as may patients achieve their desire outcomes by succeeding one patient at a time."

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Otolaryngology
    Accredited by: American Board of Otolaryngology*

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Dacryocystorhinostomy
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Facial Bone
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Paracentesis
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for California.

• Cornell
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • University of California
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Kaiser Permanente Med Grp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Sun has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sun does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sun and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sun's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sun to family and friends

Dr. Sun's Performance

I saw Dr. Sun as a second opinion and was very impressed. The first thing he did was scope me so he could see what was really going on and what the best options are. Whereas the other ENT I had seen previously just wanted to have me do expensive testing and take more unnecessary medications. Dr....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I have asked many different doctors about my condition, and well they all provided me with a quick glance and said it was normal. But it started to take a toll on my life so I decided to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sun. He was a funny and sweet guy, very easy to talk too. Definitely made me...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I really like Dr. Sun because he is professional, courteous and kind. He diagnosed my cancer and then operated on me twice and basically saved my face, which is very important to me (doh!). The office hours are so flexible and they work very hard to get you seen, even on short notice.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Very personable, put me at ease.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Sun was recommended to me by my family doctor. When I arrived, I was immediately greeted with a smile by the front desk receptionist. I didn't have to wait long before I got called back to the examination room. I was given an exam with an explanation as to what he was doing and why which put...more
Are you Dr. Sun?