Dr. James Stoody, MD

Neurology ·  Male · Age 69

Dr. Stoody

STOODY , JAMES C MD

2 Medical Plaza Dr Ste 260 Roseville, CA 95661

Dr. James Stoody, MD is a neurology specialist in Roseville, CA and has been practicing for 40 years. He graduated from Indiana University School Of Medicine in 1975 and specializes in neurology.

Dr. Stoody accepts

Dr. Stoody accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Select Plus HMO
Western Health Advantage

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Stoody's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Stoody's Top Procedures and Conditions

Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)

Dr. Stoody treats Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Stoody treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Thrombosis

Dr. Stoody treats Thrombosis more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Stoody treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Aortic Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Arterial Thrombosis
  • Budd-Chiari Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Effort Vein Thrombosis

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

2.0

Dr. Stoody?
Dr. Stoody's Performance
What People Say About Dr. James Stoody, MD
He refused my referral and I ended up hospitalized and diagnosed with seizures
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
I have been under the care of Dr. Stoody these past 3 months. I would recommend him highly to all in need of a professional and thorough neurologist. He is straight forward, explains diagnosis, test results and medication in an easily understood manner. Mary, his receptionist is friendly, helpful and has been courteous to all patients while I have been in their office. I trust him, his medical opinions and referrals.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
Unbelievable, NEVER GO TO THESE MORONS!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
Cancelled seeing him due to poor and rude staff. Misspelled email and then talked to me like I was a child for not filling out the form I never received. Had to cancel because of a work emergency. called 24 hours before to cancel, no answer before office was closed (they left early) next morning was told I'd be charged for cancelling. Was talked over several times... and THEN told not to yell from audible frustration in my voice and that she didn't "deserve" that. found another capable office.:(
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
I had three visits with James Stoody. It took them 2 months to even call me back for an appointment when I was referred to Stoody. I wish I would have taken that as a sign as well as his reviews that I read that there is something mentally wrong with this man. He talks and talks about nothing except about how he might have to do some work. He needs to berate his patients and anyone around him because of his arrogance, and loneliness. He needs mental help so stay away.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
Can’t say anything about the man because we didn’t make it past the very rude office staff. Waited for a month to get the appointment only to get a call 2 hours before saying we needed to confirm after the left a voicemail on our phone saying only call if you need to reschedule if not they will see us on our scheduled time. So when I call them back they had already scheduled some one else. When I said how can you do that when we didn’t cancel she said because I can and I have 300 other referrals
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
He is a no nonsense doctor. My husband is 75 and had many spells of dizziness, Dr Stoody examined him several times, scheduled higher level tests and gave logical diagnosis
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
He is the most uncaring Dr. I have ever dealt with. He has a terrible bedside manner. My 2 visits to his office were terrible. 2 family members attended the second appt with me and agreed that he was condescending, of no help and rude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
My 1st, and will be my only, experience with Dr. Stoody was awful. He was condescending and didn't let me finish anything I was trying to tell him. He kept interrupting me and at one point looked at my husband and laughed sarcastically while I was trying to explain something to him. He had his arms crossed almost the entire time, except while he was examining me. My husband could tell he wasn't listening to me. I was referred to him by my PCP and he didn't read any of the paperwork about me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
Dr Stoody arbitrarily decided to stop seeing my mother after 16 years when he needed her most.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
This man is not only a terrible "doctor", but a horrible human being in general. Stay away from this guy. If you have been referred to him...DO NOT go and see this person. We had just re-located to Roseville and I was sent to him by my GP for my epilepsy. He was 45 minutes late. His staff was about as rude as it gets. Once I finally saw him...'You have Epilepsy'. When I asked about some memory issues...'yeah, it happens, get over it'. And told us to get out because he was busy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
Dr Stoody indicated that it was useless for me to study my neurological challenges on the internet because I am not a neurologist. When asked about a treatment for my condition that had been successfully studied at the Cleveland Clinic, he stated that he hadn't heard of the treatment and "there is nothing that will help your condition." I left the office in tears.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
This neurologist is terrible!!! Choose anybody else. He's not concerned for the actual well being of the patient, just that his job is easier. He refused to complete a form that would help give me time to care for my father who has Alzheimer's. My mother takes care of him currently, but she is sick now too, which just leaves me. Thanks to this jerk, nobody watches my father while my mother is bedridden. They can't afford a live-in care taker and shouldn't need to, since they have me. BAD DOCTOR!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
He looks at the MRI he ordered, to try to diagnose my memory loss... Says there is " shrinkage in the hippocampus " ( which FYI is where alzheimers dementia begins....) And tells me, this doesn't really mean anything because " we are not symmetrical beings". Found new Doctor - UCD MEDICAL- basic cognitive testing got me to the next round- Went to Alzheimers Center and after testing was diagnosed with Early onset Alzheimers . Stay away from this guy who is awkwardly afraid to diagnose.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
My dad recently had two scheduled appts with Dr. Stoody. Both appointments needed to be rescheduled. At my dads initial appointment, Dr. Stoody was completely dismissive and wouldn't let my dad finish answering questions before interrupting him and moving on. The second appointment was to go over test results and was rescheduled for a week later. My das first two appointments were both rescheduled. Would love to find another neurologist. Any one have any recommendations?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
Dont waste your time! 1. He told me to "get that kid out of here, I cant concentrate" on my first appt at which my husband took the time off to attend and my son was simply showing me a picture not crying. 2. He did a EMG had me wait 3 weeks only to say it was normal and to live with it. I then had a seperate doctor look at my test and said shes never seen such a poorly done test. Request a new referral dont be a sucker like me .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
I had the same experience as the reviews posted here. This man is not a Doctor. Take action to report Dr. Stoody. Quality Review Services Sutter Roseville Medical Center One Medical Plaza Drive Roseville, CA 95661 (916) 781-1230 Email: srmcpatientquality@sutterhealth.org Fax: 916-781-1170
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
My primary care physician made a referral and I never heard back from the staff for an appointment. Mary, the receptionist was rude, condescending, and refused to let me speak with her supervisor when requested. She even hung up the phone on me. From the doctor's reviews and my initial experience, I will wait to see another neurologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
Doctor? I wouldn't call him a doctor this man should not be in business. He offers no help just a diagnosis. No bedside manner, arrogant, dismissive and rude. Its already hard on families to deal with a family member with mental loss then to have a doctor who doesn't care is heart breaking. We are looking for help and guidance. Please don't waste your time with this man because it is honestly a waste of precious time. He should NOT be in practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Stoody, MD?
$200 for 10 minutes? He was dismissive, didn't even read my intake papers that I brought in, and was walking out the door of the exam room while my husband and I were still asking questions. Very condescending. Doctor's like this are the reason I have so little faith in the medical field. If you think you know me by my referral and your monkey test, think again. I won't return to this facility.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Stoody?