Neurology  |
Dr. James Stoody, MD
Dr. James Stoody, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Roseville, CA. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 42 years. Dr. Stoody is affiliated with Sutter Roseville Medical Center.

2 Medical Plaza Dr Ste 260

Roseville, CA 95661

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Western Health Advantage

Learn about Dr. Stoody

Dr. Stoody's Experience

Dr. Stoody's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)

No malpractice history found for California.

• Indiana University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1975
  • Ind University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1976
  • Barnes Washington University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1979

Dr. Stoody has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Stoody does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stoody and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stoody's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stoody to family and friends
2.0
Dr. Stoody's Performance
Sacramento, CA |
My 1st, and will be my only, experience with Dr. Stoody was awful. He was condescending and didn't let me finish anything I was trying to tell him. He kept interrupting me and at one point looked at my husband and laughed sarcastically while I was trying to explain something to him. He had his arms crossed almost the entire time, except while he was examining me. My husband could tell he wasn't listening to me. I was referred to him by my PCP and he didn't read any of the paperwork about me
in Lincoln, CA |
Dr Stoody arbitrarily decided to stop seeing my mother after 16 years when he needed her most.
Brentwood, CA |
This man is not only a terrible "doctor", but a horrible human being in general. Stay away from this guy. If you have been referred to him...DO NOT go and see this person. We had just re-located to Roseville and I was sent to him by my GP for my epilepsy. He was 45 minutes late. His staff was about as rude as it gets. Once I finally saw him...'You have Epilepsy'. When I asked about some memory issues...'yeah, it happens, get over it'. And told us to get out because he was busy.
in Placer County, CA |
Dr Stoody indicated that it was useless for me to study my neurological challenges on the internet because I am not a neurologist. When asked about a treatment for my condition that had been successfully studied at the Cleveland Clinic, he stated that he hadn't heard of the treatment and "there is nothing that will help your condition." I left the office in tears.
Sacramento, CA |
This neurologist is terrible!!! Choose anybody else. He's not concerned for the actual well being of the patient, just that his job is easier. He refused to complete a form that would help give me time to care for my father who has Alzheimer's. My mother takes care of him currently, but she is sick now too, which just leaves me. Thanks to this jerk, nobody watches my father while my mother is bedridden. They can't afford a live-in care taker and shouldn't need to, since they have me. BAD DOCTOR!
Fremont, CA |
He looks at the MRI he ordered, to try to diagnose my memory loss... Says there is " shrinkage in the hippocampus " ( which FYI is where alzheimers dementia begins....) And tells me, this doesn't really mean anything because " we are not symmetrical beings". Found new Doctor - UCD MEDICAL- basic cognitive testing got me to the next round- Went to Alzheimers Center and after testing was diagnosed with Early onset Alzheimers . Stay away from this guy who is awkwardly afraid to diagnose.
in Folsom |
My dad recently had two scheduled appts with Dr. Stoody. Both appointments needed to be rescheduled. At my dads initial appointment, Dr. Stoody was completely dismissive and wouldn't let my dad finish answering questions before interrupting him and moving on. The second appointment was to go over test results and was rescheduled for a week later. My das first two appointments were both rescheduled. Would love to find another neurologist. Any one have any recommendations?
in Olivehurst, CA |
Dont waste your time! 1. He told me to "get that kid out of here, I cant concentrate" on my first appt at which my husband took the time off to attend and my son was simply showing me a picture not crying. 2. He did a EMG had me wait 3 weeks only to say it was normal and to live with it. I then had a seperate doctor look at my test and said shes never seen such a poorly done test. Request a new referral dont be a sucker like me .
Sacramento, CA |
I had the same experience as the reviews posted here. This man is not a Doctor. Take action to report Dr. Stoody. Quality Review Services Sutter Roseville Medical Center One Medical Plaza Drive Roseville, CA 95661 (916) 781-1230 Email: srmcpatientquality@sutterhealth.org Fax: 916-781-1170
Roseville, CA |
My primary care physician made a referral and I never heard back from the staff for an appointment. Mary, the receptionist was rude, condescending, and refused to let me speak with her supervisor when requested. She even hung up the phone on me. From the doctor's reviews and my initial experience, I will wait to see another neurologist.
in Auburn, CA |
Doctor? I wouldn't call him a doctor this man should not be in business. He offers no help just a diagnosis. No bedside manner, arrogant, dismissive and rude. Its already hard on families to deal with a family member with mental loss then to have a doctor who doesn't care is heart breaking. We are looking for help and guidance. Please don't waste your time with this man because it is honestly a waste of precious time. He should NOT be in practice.
$200 for 10 minutes? He was dismissive, didn't even read my intake papers that I brought in, and was walking out the door of the exam room while my husband and I were still asking questions. Very condescending. Doctor's like this are the reason I have so little faith in the medical field. If you think you know me by my referral and your monkey test, think again. I won't return to this facility.
This was an inpatient assessment. He had Poor bedside manner, was arrogant, dismissive and rude. I was not confident in his clinical skills as he didn't even perform a basic cognition status exam on the patient.
Have you seen Dr. James Stoody, MD?
Are you Dr. Stoody?