Dr. James Starman, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 42

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. James Starman, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Kernersville, NC and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med in 2006. He is affiliated with medical facilities Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center and Novant Health Rowan Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. James Starman, MD

OrthoCarolina Kernersville

445 Pineview Dr Ste 220 Kernersville, NC 27284

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Starman with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Novant Health Clemmons Medical Center.

These providers are on the medical staff of Novant Health Clemmons Medical Center.

Dr. Starman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Starman

4.5

Dr Starman is an amazing Doctor- I have seen him for several issues over the past 2 years. I recently had surgery for my shoulder which was bothering me for a long time, and now feels dramatically better! He has a great bedside manner and always takes time to answer all my questions. I highly recommend him and OrthoCarolina.
Oct 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
Excellent visit from start to finish. Dr. Starman was very personable and pleasant. He explained everything and was thorough and helpful. Good attention to my concerns and didn't rush.
Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
If I could give negative stars I would. Because of Dr. Starman my mom will never walk the same again. Even though we repeatedly told him something was wrong and her knee appeared to be infected. Several phone calls and visits later he still assured my mom there was no infection. Without doing any tests or exams. Told her the puss and red ring around her incision from her knee replacement was normal. After the manipulation that was done because she was having trouble with mobility, he broke the patella. Ok that can happen. He suggested a second procedure to break up the scar tissue. So she agreed to do it. When he went in to do the procedure he found not only a broken patella but would you believe it (an infection.) Now, it’s been 2.5 years and she’s still in pain and will never walk the same again. Needs a cane to get around and can’t do everyday things like she did before the knee replacement. It breaks my heart to know she is forever tainted because a doctor didn’t listen.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sad daughter – Feb 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
Dr. James Starman is exactly the kind of doctor / surgeon that I was frankly PRAYING for after falling BADLY one Friday afternoon in late February 2018 after work, in my own garage, tearing my quad muscle with chipped bone still attached from my right kneecap. Ouch! I wondered, "how is THIS going to end up?" Having Dr. James S. Starman as my surgeon and his office at The Center for Bone and Joint Surgery in Wellington, FL made all the difference! I'm walking and recovering fully; a superb Dr.
Mark I. Freedman in Royal Palm Beach, FL – Jun 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
My daughter saw Dr. Starman for a second opinion in regards to a knee diagnosis for surgery. I was thoroughly impressed with him. He gave a very clear and detailed understanding of my daughters prior diagnosis. I left feeling very comfortable with his plan of action for her situation. What a relief! I highly recommend him!!!
Jennifer in Jupiter, FL – Jun 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
Recently visited the office all the staff and Dr. Starman were extremely helpful and caring.
Luis in Wellington, FL – Apr 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
Very difficult to get any assistance through staff. More interested in charging for additional tests than helping with actual issue.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Wellington, FL – Apr 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
Dr. Starman is great- I had a tear of my meniscus and excruciating pain. Dr Starman did a surgery to remove the torn portion. I was on my feet the next day, and within two weeks was back to playing golf, almost pain free! He explained everything to me and made me feel at ease. Would highly recommend him to anyone who needs knee surgery (already have!).
Sharon in Barasso – Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
To say I had a great experience with Dr Starman and his staff is an understatement. I resigned myself to what everyone said was one of the most painful surgery and recovery time I would ever experience. I had rotator cuff repair and tendon reattachment surgery. Thanks to Dr Starman and his staff all the stories were proven wrong. I would highly recommend Dr Starman to anyone looking for a highly qualified surgeon and support staff. I am back to work without any restrictions or deficits.
Jorge Herrera in West Palm Beach – Feb 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
Staff not good at answering the phone. staff doesn't like to be bothered. On two occasions, I told the office staff that the wrong insurance was listed on my prescription. They had no interest in getting it corrected.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
michael susich in West Palm Beach – Jan 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
Dr. Starman has been wonderful. Everything he explained about my husbands surgery was spot on. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, the damage was extensive but he has had little to no pain since the surgery. We have been very impressed with Dr. Starman and highly recommend him and his staff.
Tammy Manning in Clewiston, FL – Jan 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
Dr. Starman is an excellent Doctor! He was very helpful in finding the best solution for my issue and allowed me to choose the option that I was most comfortable with. Very happy with my results and his team. He definitely knows his stuff!
Wellington, FL – Dec 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
Dr. James Starman performed arthroscopic surgery on my right knee (torn meniscus). It was VERY painful to walk and work before my surgery, but afterwards I have almost no pain at all, which should dissipate within a few mos.. His office staff is wonderful. They don't even charge for office visits for 90 days after surgery, as long you don't need any other medical procedures. I only needed about 2 1/2 weeks of phys. therapy plus home exercises. His asst., Casey, is great, also!! I am 63.
Lake Worth, FL – Aug 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
As the result of an accident on Christmas Day 2016 I smashed my left humorous (arm ) . At 76 years of age and with a number of complicating issues ( heart, blood thinners, and a fever I was running , etc ) My family and I were more than a little concerned about the serious surgery I needed. Dr. Starman took a great deal of time preparing me and great care before and after the surgery to insure a great result . I am an attorney and a tough critic of doctors but Dr. Starman is simply the best .
JACK STEIN in Wellington, fl – Jun 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
Dr. Starman repaired my massive shoulder fracture, this happened 5 months ago and I'm back riding my horse. He saved my life, this injury was catastrophic.
Palm Beach – May 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
I am a retired teacher with a history of knee problems. My wife and I are snowbirds and I needed to find a doctor as my knee had me to a point where I could barely walk. I found Dr. Starmams by chance 2 years ago on the Internet and made an appointment. The results were beyond excellent. Recently my knee was acting up again and I had a second appointment April 4, 17. The results are the same and I will return to this office for any further problems. Great staff and the PA was excellent.
Jerry George in New castle, pa – Apr 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
I will tell you this from a military veteran that has a few surgeries. Dr. Starman was straight forward and told me that best and worst case about the surgery! He did an awesome job and I would recommend anyone to visit him. I have referred my friends to him.
David Curtin in Wellington, FL – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
Dr. Starman did surgery because I fell and fractured my humerus. All I can say is he is a really nice man. Great bedside manner, very informative and very easy to talk to. I will definitely be going back for all my orthopedic needs. His office staff is also very nice and very efficient.
Susan B in Royal Palm Beach, FL – Jul 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
I had Rotater Cuff surgery about 4 months ago and I can't believe how great my shoulder is. It feels great and I have almost full range of motion. I am still receiving physical therapy at this time so my range of motion should be back to full soon.
Jay P. Kamm in West Palm Beach, FL – May 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?
Very professional and relates well with his patient. Staff is very friendly and helpful all around great experience.
Lou Fernandez in West Palm Beach, FL – May 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Starman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Starman?