Dr. James Smith Jr, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery ·  Male · Age 62

Dr. Smith Jr

Texas Orthopedics Sports and Rehabilitation Associates

4700 Seton Center Pkwy Ste 200 Austin, TX 78759

Dr. James Smith Jr, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Austin, TX and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston in 1983 and specializes in orthopedic spine surgery.

Dr. Smith Jr accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Smith Jr has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(512) 439-1000Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Smith Jr's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Smith Jr's Top Procedures and Conditions

Low Back Pain

Dr. Smith Jr treats Low Back Pain more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Smith Jr treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Back Pain

Dr. Smith Jr treats Back Pain more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Smith Jr treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Smith Jr treats Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Smith Jr treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Sciatica as Seen in Rheumatoid Arthritis

• Degenerative Spine Disorders
  • Disc Replacement
  • Disc Surgery
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Surgery
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spine Surgery
  • Spondolthesis
  • Spondylosis

Thorough diagnosis, conservative care alternatives with surgery as necessary.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Smith Jr

Dr. Smith Jr?
Dr. Smith Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. James Smith Jr, MD
I would highly recommend Dr Smith!! He is kind, caring and is a doctor who truly wants what’s best for his patients. He spent time with us to explain everything and did a complete examination of my neck and arm. I left his office with complete confidence in him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
He is very attentive and spends as much time with you as you need. Very thorough and does not talk down.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
Dr. Smith really cares about helping you find the problem and getting a diagnosis. He is very easy to talk to and very knowledgeable. I have never had a bad visit with him and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Smith for many years and appreciate his ability to help me with any questions I have. He is always professional, personable, efficient, listens, thorough and makes suggestion for care. I know I can always trust him in decision making.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
Dr Smith is very personable and seemed knowledgeable. I told him that I usually go to a chiropractor but I needed extra help. He wisely suggested I photograph the X-ray to show the chiropractor which was a very smart suggestion and much appreciated. Dr Smith suggested I start exercising to build strength. He gave me medicine to help with inflammation so I could do that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
Dr. Smith was by far one of the nicest and most knowledgeable doctors I’ve been to see. Considering the horrible pain I was in when I went to see him, I left with a smile on my face. He came highly recommend by two friends and I have to say, I highly recommend him as well. I’ve never had a bad experience at TX Orthopedics great facility and staff as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
Very impressed with Dr. Smith. He's very knowledgeable and terrific personally.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
Dr Smith is quite simply an extraordinary physician. His manner is superb, he is confident without arrogance. He always made me feel that my treatment plan was in my best interests. Always takes the time to ensure you understand what is going on and what your options are. I have the utmost confidence in his knowledge, skills and abilities and couldn't imagine allowing any other doctor treating me better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
Dr Smith was very good at listening to understand exactly the pain I was experiencing. In addition, he made me feel like I was part of the treatment team. I am often offended by Doctors who don’t listen and brush me off and tell me what I’m feeling. Dr Smith is true professional in every aspect of my visit. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
Listens and understands my symptoms and requests, thoroughly examines possible causes, clearly discusses diagnosis, and recommends appropriate treatment. On this visit he reviewed the progress from my 3 year old surgery and discussed probable causes of my pain. He prescribed a first level of treatment and asked me to return in a month if I got no relief. I couldn't ask for a better doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
JUST AN AWESOME DR. since day one. easy to talk too, listens, I learned a lot bout my spine because of him, and he's a funny guy!! Staff is awesome too!!! They all have been great to me!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
ALWAYS! HE IS A VERY, VERY PHENOMENAL SURGEON AND DOCTOR! Even after having not seen him for several years he remembers things that most Physicians and surgeons seem to forget. Will always go to him for my cervical spinal needs and will always recommend him to friends!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
Explains in layman’s terms so you totally understand your situation. Best part of all is his CONSERVATIVE approach to any condition. I respect that and his promise to get to the problem but not until all avenues have been discounted. A doctor who doesn’t jump to surgery as a first and last means is my kind of doctor! I highly recommend him...5 stars worth!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
Initial visit was promising.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
Long story short - professional, caring, and engaged with my problem and the ultimate solution. I view him with the highest regard and have no problem letting others know of his ability and character. He is a fantastic human being and truly gifted doctor. Scott Smith
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
First impression of Dr. Smith was an extremely warm and friendly person. I also had the sense that he is capable and competent in his field of work. After examining my painful hip, an updated MRI was scheduled since the last was two years old. He seemed genuinely concerned and interested in getting to the cause of my pain. I am hopeful and is looking forward to our next scheduled appointment. I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
Dr. Smith is amazing. I saw him for first time 20 years ago when a very respected orthopedist specializing in athletes suggested I might need surgery. Physical therapy suggested by Dr Smith took care of problem for 25 years. Recently had a fall. Dr Smith reviewed all of my xrays - made very specific lifestyle change recommendations. I could not recommend Dr Smith more highly!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
Courteous & timely check-in, quick X-Ray & evaluation followed by full explanation & recommendations going forward.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Smith. From explaining my diagnosis, through post op I could have asked for a more caring, competent doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Smith Jr, MD?
Dr. Smith is extremely nice, and he made me feel comfortable right away. The office is very clean and well organized and the staff is friendly and efficient. I highly recommend!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Smith Jr?