Dr. James Schmidt, DPM

Podiatric Foot & Ankle SurgeryMale

Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery

Dr. James Schmidt, DPM is a Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery Specialist in Mesa, AZ and has over 7 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Arizona Podiatric Medicine Program (AZPOD) At Midwestern University in 2015. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Banner Gateway Medical Center and Mercy Gilbert Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. James Schmidt, DPM

2152 S Vineyard Ste 129 Bldg 9 Mesa, AZ 85210

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Save up to 80% on prescriptions

Optum Perks and Healthgrades are subsidiaries of RVO Health.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Schmidt's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Tendonitis
  • Wound Care and Management

Dr. Schmidt accepts

Dr. Schmidt accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Choice Plus PPO

Dr. Schmidt's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schmidt

I am so grateful to Dr. Schmidt
After years of pain, I now have a pep in my step. Thank you Dr. Schmidt. I will forever be grateful. And thank you Dr. Bennett and your wonderful staff at Arizona Arthritis and Rheumatology.
Kathie Fletcher – Sep 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
Honest, competent, explains everything. Great doc.
Apr 27, 2022
BEWARE
They recommend surgery but won't provide any information about cost. Apparently it is the patients job to figure out how much surgery will be on your own, where surgery will be as well as the anesthesiologist. Never have I ever had a doctor require me to figure out all of this. What surgeon cannot provide a quote for their own surgical services. Completely ridiculous!!!
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
SP – Mar 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
Dr. Schmidt was confident, knowledgeable, and friendly. He offered a range of solutions beginning with the least invasive and least expensive options. I'm hopeful after my visit. Highly recommend him for your foot care.
Barbara – Jun 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
Dr. Schmidt was amazing. He listened to everything I had to tell him about my aching feet and he had the best solutions/advice for each of my issues. He is so knowledgeable and has a great bed side manner. Do your feet a favor and pay him a visit??????
Angela MacDonald – Jun 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
Dr. Schmidt has been great in explaining and the treatment that was needed to make necessary repairs to my ankle. Follow-up appointments and aftercare has been a pleasant experience for me. Great bedside manner and answers questions or concerns I had with great reassurance. Highly recommend.
EHB74 – Jun 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
I was referred by both another Podiatrist and the AZ VA. Best decision I could’ve made! I had been been dealing with an issue with my foot for a while and he was able to resolve it within a couple weeks. Will always recommend him as an option and go back!
Feb 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
Dr. Schmidt is very smart. He takes his time to answer my questions. He did surgery on my foot and my recovery is going really well even though I was at risk for losing feeling in my foot. He recently prescribed something for my foot that in one day has made a huge difference. I'm glad I found him. I feel confident I will have a full recovery and get back to my life!
Brett – Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
Dr. Schmidt provided me excellent care and took his time to answer every one of my questions. Outstanding bedside manner!
Jan 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
I highly recommend Dr. Schmidt. He took such great care of my daughter who suffered a sports injury to her heel. He was able to identify why she was in so much pain and gave us a great care plan to get her feeling 100% again. I’m so glad he was recommended to us.
Mel – Jan 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
Dr. Schmidt is a excellent doctor and always has his patients best interest in mind. He really takes his time to listen and diagnose your problem and give you options for treatment. In my case I had a small procedure done and couldn’t be happier with my result!
Dec 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
No I would not recommend Dr. Schmidt to friends or family. I had Morton's Neuroma surgery. He also shortened my 2nd toe and now that toe is all crooked. The neuromas are gone but foot looks like a botched job.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Joan Simmons – Dec 21, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
I visited Dr James Schmidt in Gilbert last week for an issue with my left foot that my family doctor had said was arthritis that I had to just live with. Doctor Schmidt was very professional and after looking at the x-rays he took of my foot immediately diagnosed my problem as 'capsulitis of the second toe' or 'predislocation syndrome'. I was relieved to learn that it was not arthritis and even more relieved when Dr Schmidt prescribed a simple 4-week taping of my toe (rather than surgery) to allow my toe joint to heal. His diagnosis proved to be absolutely correct since after just one week of taping, my foot is already feeling much better and I expect that with additional time, it will be totally healed. I highly recommend Dr Schmidt as a knowlegable, kind, professional who has his patient's needs in mind and will do the right thing. Dan Glenn
Dan Glenn – Nov 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
I was having pain in my foot that was affecting my active lifestyle. My family doctor attributed it to arthritis. I continued with pain for months and finally decided to visit Dr. Schmidt. He quickly diagnosed the problem. It was not arthritis. He recommended some non surgical treatments and my foot pain has decreased dramatically. Dr. Schmidt spent time with me, listened to my concerns, was knowledgable and professional. He is an outstanding doctor. I highly recommend him.
Dan – Nov 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
Dr. Schmidt is very knowledgeable and professional and has a friendly manner. He genuinely cares about you and your health and takes the time to answer any questions you have. He is also very thorough in assessing the problem and carefully explaining the options for treatment along with the pros and cons of each option so you can make an informed decision about your care. In my case, he also provided a fact sheet to help me understand the issue. I really appreciate having a physician that listens to me and involves me in the process. I totally trust Dr. Schmidt with my podiatry needs.
Anne – May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
He was very thorough and explained things very well. He took his time and answered all my questions, and the steroid injection was almost painless!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Aug 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
I’ve had what drs and physical therapists kept telling me was just plantar fasciitis for 15+ years. Got referred to Dr Schmidt by my rheumatologist office. After 2 visits and some mri’s we decided to do surgery to remove lipomas I had on both feet. Found out during surgery that I was getting chronic exertional compartment syndrome in both feet which was making any exercise (including walking) super painful. Just had my third (and last) surgery this spring and my feet are doing awesome! I have 2 rare complicated diseases and him and his staff were amazing at listening and dealing with all my complications! I recommend him to any of my family and friends who need a foot dr.
Jun 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
I couldn’t ask for a better doctor. Dr. Schmidt cares so much about his patients making sure they have everything they need. He’s so kind and light hearted. I can’t stress this enough how he makes sure everything is how it should be so you’re not in pain and he makes everything so convenient! He helps me with everything and for that I’m truly grateful. Dr. Schmidt is absolutely the best doctor I’ve ever had!!
May 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
I cannot recommend Dr. Schmidt highly enough! I was so nervous for my first appointment but Dr. Schmidt took the time to answer my questions and make sure I was comfortable with my treatment plan. He had a great sense of humor throughout, attention to detail, & was very knowledgeable. Even afterwards, his follow up has been the best I've seen of any healthcare professional. I never knew how much better life could be with healthy feet & a good doctor to guide you. Thank you Dr. Schmidt!
Mar 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?
Dr. Schmidt is a great doctor! He really took his time to explain everything to me and answer my questions. You can tell he really cares about his patients!
AZ – Jan 15, 2019
Dr. Schmidt's Reply –
Thank you for your great feed back!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schmidt, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Schmidt?