Dr. James Schaller, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 60

Dr. Schaller

Professional Medical Services of Naples

5150 Tamiami Trl N Naples, FL 34103

Dr. James Schaller, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Naples, FL and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Medical College Of Pennsylvania medical school in 1991. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Schaller to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Schaller's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Schaller's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychiatric Evaluation

Dr. Schaller performs Psychiatric Evaluation more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Schaller performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluation

Dr. Schaller performs Psychological Evaluation more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Schaller's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Babesiosis
  • Idiopathic Hypersomnia
  • Infectious Causes of Muscle Weakness
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Schaller accepts

Dr. Schaller accepts the following insurance:

We do not accept health insurance

Dr. Schaller's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schaller

4.4

5.128205128205129%

Dr. Schaller?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (32)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (31)
  • Explained conditions well (31)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
I have had Lyme Disease + Co-infections for over 2.5 years. I have seen multiple doctors and have tried many, many treatments. Dr. Schaller is the only doctor who took the time to listen to me and truly care. I was given the tests I finally needed and was told that I CAN and WILL get better. That is exactly what happened. For over two years I have been bedridden, struggled to walk my dog, and depressed about my illness. Within a few months of treatment with Dr Schaller I have felt so much better. I even got a paddleboard! I know that I have a further to go on my healing journey, but he has brought my life back and I am hopeful for the future. He is so knowledgable! If you have a chronic illness and feel lost, look no further.
May 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
Dr. James Schaller quite literally saved my life. Quickly diagnosed and confirmed via the best testing methods that I was suffering from concomitant Lyme Disease (Borreliosis), Babesia, and Bartonella infections. Initiated treatment and fast forward to today, after decades of severe incapacitating illness I am 97% cured of all symptoms and well on the way to 100% recovery. Dr Schaller has given me my life back. No words can describe how grateful I am for his expert help. I now have a completely normal life which due to the severity and length of my ill health I would never have thought possible. This man deserves a Knighthood for his contributions to successfully diagnosing and treating tick borne pathogenic infections. He has literally written the book, in fact many many books, regarding this field of medicine. His knowledge and prowess is second to none. And most importantly of all he cares about you and your quality of life. I cannot recommend highly enough! A+++++++++++++
Nigel A. – May 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
Dr. Schaller helped me when no other doctor could. I consulted numerous doctors (even a couple of different lyme literate doctors) before finding him. He has an unusual gift for knowing which labs to run to uncover unknown complicating factors. He knows that everyone is different, with different infections and genetics and that each patient requires their own tailored treatment plan. I had previously visited doctors who used a set protocol on me that did not work and often made me feel worse. He understood my condition and the proper approach in ways no one else could.
Katherine Neitzel – Apr 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
I got sick right before we went into lockdown in Miami in March 2020. After 5 trips to the ER and 1 negative Lyme test, I was lucky that one of brothers, both of whom have Lyme and related co-infections, was aware of Dr. Schaller from internet research. I was able to see him in person in July, and he was able to diagnose me with Lyme and co-infections. The treatment isn't just a bunch of antibiotics - Dr. Schaller also recommended various supplements and OTC meds to help with the treatment. In addition, he takes an interest in every aspect of my life, sleep, diet, and how I feel on a daily basis in between our phone calls every 2 weeks. I have been able to get into shape like I was when I was in my 20's - that had not been possible the last 12-13 years, and I didn't know why. Based on the testing ordered by Dr. Schaller and my own recollection of what was diagnosed as a brown recluse bite when I was 12, I now know I've had Lyme for 30+ years. Dr. S is helping me find health.
JRG – Mar 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
Dr. Schaller is an excellent physician and healer. He is always on the cutting edge.
Mar 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
Dr. Schaller has tremendous breadth of knowledge on tick-borne diseases. No single treatment is right for everyone. Dr. Schaller listens carefully to your history and current symptoms and recommends (and adjusts) the right supplements and medications to get the best results and the least side effects. Dealing with Lyme can be a long journey and I am very happy to get my life back with Dr. Schaller's guidance and genuine compassion.
Mar 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
Dr Schaller is a very compassionate, knowledgeable and thorough Doctor. His expertise and experience in the field of treating Lyme disease and tick borne co-infections is remarkable. He diagnosed my infections using very precise diagnostics and lab work. I suffered for a long period with tick borne infections only to discover Dr Schaller through happenstance while I was in Florida. He guided me through testing and treatment process with with caring, compassion and first rate expertise. I am really grateful to be at a place where I’m enjoying life and in complete recovery. I have no idea where I would be without his great wealth of knowledge an kind understanding. He is absolutely the best at diagnosis, treatment and caring. I cannot say enough about this wonderful human being.
BF – Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
Doc is the only one who has taken my daughter’s diagnosis as truth and treated accordingly. He is the only one who has helped make her life bearable with her condition. Would definitely recommend to those in search of his specialty. His years of research and publications in peer reviewed sources are what led us to his door on our healing journey. All those who recommended him to us came with such gratitude for his healing methods on their loved ones. He has also become what we consider a friend to my daughter in her healing journey.
Lori LaRocca – Mar 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
After visiting over 200 doctor's and many years of suffering Dr. Schaller was able to diagnose and treat me for what many others have missed. My health has improved greatly. I would recommend this Dr. to anyone.
Ted Wolff – Mar 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
Dr James Schaller is an amazing doctor. After several years of doctor after doctor (locally) trying to get help (unsuccessfully) with Lyme and co-infections, I finally found Dr Schaller and he got me headed in the right direction. I flew 1,000 miles and then rented a car and drove two more hours to go see him. It was totally worth it! I’m so thankful for his vast knowledge of tick-born infections . He has spent a lifetime of research learning how to help people rid themselves of Lyme and other associated infections. If only what he knows would reach the mainstream medical establishment, hundreds of thousands (if not in the millions) of people suffering with chronic Lyme (and co-infections) would benefit.
Scott (Columbus, OH) ....patient of Dr Schaller – Mar 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
Dr. James Schaller gives excellent care. He is compassionate and extremely intelligent. He gives people a very long time to talk, while helping patients feel safe. Dr. J's medical knowledge is superb.
Chad Smith – Mar 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
Awful, costly, only by phone, no office visits. Charges are so high you can spend over $150 thousand dollars in a year, I did and nothing got better.
Mar 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
I would never refer him for anything. I don't know how old all these reviews are but from 2016 for approx a year and change. I went for Lyme Disease and other things. $150,000.00 later, he does not accept insurance, I am as sick as I was before I went to him. Throw your money out the window, it will be used in a better way.
Lyme Disease Person – Mar 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
He diagnosed and healed my son from multiple tick infections causing his POTS. He went from non functioning to running marathons and complete intellectual functioning again!
Originally from Ny now live south – Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
Dr. Schaller is a highly useful practitioner for those with chronic illness/tick infection diagnoses. He often finds medical problems other doctors miss; he is well versed in both allopathic medicine and several complementary approaches. His approach to patient care is integrative, individually-personalized, and unconventional. He is not inexpensive or without quirks or high standards of conduct for patients, but he's a standout diagnostician and is holds highly useful treatment insights.
Georgia – Apr 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?
I have had Lyme disease with a co-infection for the past 13 years and when I relapse the pain is unbearable. I was previously being treated by another physician who was not effectively managing my condition or quality of life. I began seeing Dr J early September and within 2 1/2 months my symptoms have dramatically improved. He kept me from taking disability from my job and tailored his protocol to allow me to continue to work while managing the die off and promote the healing effect. Thank you
Stacey in Trinity – Dec 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Schaller, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schaller?

You can read why we are special in warmth, advanced and broad medical care, creative solutions and intellectual leadership with over 30 books and 27 top...Read more

• Psychiatry