Dr. James W. Roy, MD

Dr. James W. Roy, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 43 years old

Dr. Roy specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in Huntsville, AL. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Roy? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Roy's Experience

See how Dr. Roy's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Roy

Dr. Roy accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Roy has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Roy
Dr. Roy's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (33)
New York, NY |
I think Dr. Roy is a compassionate person and caring doctor. I also think he is a bit of a used car salesman. He referred me for a sleep study. I turned out to have a relatively mild case of sleep apnea. He recommended a Cpap. I tried to wear it, but was unsuccessful. I've been sitting in a exam room, 60 minutes after my morning appointment time and still no doctor. I made an early morning appointment to beat the rush. I don't recommend him unless you have a severe case.
in Huntsville, AL |
Only saw dr Roy before and after sleep study. Then NPs or cpap techs. Only had cpap 2.5 wks. Had issue w/ cpap not returning to original setup. Talk to tech on phone. Was rude but said bring in next day. Looked at cpap and said it was fine, I didn't have access to change pressure. I insisted I did, she was rude, I was rude. Asked to see someone else. She told me she would talk to someone, then I'm told I'm being discharged fm practice. No option for me to talk to anyone else.
in Madison, AL |
Dr. Roy is extremely knowledgeable about sleep apnea and how to effectively treat it.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Roy and his staff have done a great job for me. They took the time to listen to my problems and provided a timely solution. I am now sleeping well and more importantly the dangerous symptoms have been eliminated. Brenda did an excellent job in explaining the different mask options and ultimately recommended a perfect match for my needs. MK has provided guidance in adjusting pressures to match my needs as well. Simply stated, this is sleep clinic that I would recommend any time.
in Huntsville, Alabama |
Seems more interested in profit margins than patient care. When Dr. LaGrand retired, he seemed to be the only sleep Doctor available. Call Huntsville Hospital Sleep Center and make an appointment with Dr. Serio instead. You'll be much happier.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Roy has been my physician for a while now. He has excellent bedside manner. Sometimes I am on hold for a long time, but he has a very busy practice and I get great care from him and his staff. And yes, sometimes I have to wait a while for my appointment, but I understand that he is a specialists and he is the best in town. If he takes 30 minutes with me, you bet the next person will get the same great care. I highly recommend using Dr. Roy.
in Madison, AL |
Excellent doctor and helpful staff. I felt like he spent time with me and explained what was going on with my sleep issues. He has friendly nurses and I was able to be seen when I needed. It always takes a little bit longer at a specialist's office but the care was worth it! I have seen other sleep doctors and my friends were not wrong when they told me he is the best.
Go to Alabama Sleep Center
in Huntsville, AL |
Office staff are surly, uncooperative, and now I'm waiting on hold right now for 7 minutes. Yesterday there were soooooo slow I fell asleep waiting for them to come back to the phone. Can't make an appointment for 10 without waiting more than a month to schedule it - really? Will find another Dr. to handle the issues. They are incompetent.
Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Roy is a fantastic doctor but his staff has been a nightmare to deal with. I no longer recommend him because of the problems I have had. I have had trouble scheduling appointments with him, getting refills and prior authorizations taken care of, and it has gotten to the point that I have gone to another doctor. It is disappointing because I really felt like he was a knowledgeable doctor, but the headaches caused by his staff are so disruptive to my life that I had no choice.
Have you seen Dr. James W. Roy, MD?
Are you Dr. Roy?

Compare Dr. Roy

Dr. Roy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and Sleep Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available
  •  Board actions found

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Board Action

Dr. Roy has 1 board action

• Practicing without a License (4/12/2012)
    • Action Taken: Letter of Concern
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • State: North Carolina

Completed in 2006

University Of Texas Medical Branch
    Medical College Of Wisconsin
    University Of Virginia

Dr. Roy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Roy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatrics
  • Sleep Medicine

Dr. Roy does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Roy and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.