Dr. James Roy, MD

Dr. Roy
Telehealth services available

Roy Sleep Medicine, Inc

1874 Beltline Rd Sw Ste 100 Decatur, AL 35601

Dr. James Roy, MD is a Sleep Medicine Specialist in Decatur, AL and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Eastern Virginia Medical School Of The Medical College Of Hampton Roads medical school in 2002. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Crestwood Medical Center and Decatur Morgan - Parkway Campus. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Roy to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Sleep Medicine Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Roy accepts

Dr. Roy accepts the following insurance:

AARP
Prime
Standard
TriCare for Life
Tricare South

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Alabama

Check if Dr. Roy treats your condition or procedure

3.5

1.2195121951219512%
1.2195121951219512%

Dr. Roy?
I was recommended to see dr roy, he recommended me to used thE c pap machine, i tried for a few days but see nothing different but my nose hurting so bad and my throat so dry, i called to talk one of the male nurse, he told me to bring the machine back and try new option getting something better, when I brought the machine back i asked them if i have to pay anything, she told me i have to pay $150 for restocking fee or if i keep the machine i have to pay $400 something , but then few week after that they still sent me a bill $397, i called again to question the bill, now they told me different, they said i have sign the paper that if i return the machine i have to pay that, none of them told me anything about that, they just told me sign the paper to get the machine, i fell so stupid that i have to sign without knowing anything, i am been ripped off, this will be my big lesson
Tai nguyen – Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
Dr. Roy was a great help for me in getting my sleep disorder problem corrected. He explained exactly what was needed in by case. His staff was very efficient in helping me get all info needed to get all equipment that needed in my case.
Harold C, – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
The staff is terrible. They cancelled 2 of my appointments with less than an hour's notice.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
Nov 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
The Medical Doctors in this office are okay but not great. They are definitely in the business to make money. They are eager to assign patients to a Nurse Practitioners unless you insist on a Medical doctor.. The office staff are not friendly or welcoming. They seem to be there only for the income and interacting with patients is just a necessity of their boring job. My last 2 visits to the office were very frustrating. My appointment last week was at 1:40 pm. I had completed the 100+ questioner in their office the prior visit when I had to wait an hour to see the Nurse Practitioner. The office has sent a link to complete additional questions online (I completed their forms before arriving). I arrived before my appointment time and stood waiting to check in while one staff seemed to be chatting with a friend and the other window had a client that was trying to straighten out something and stayed there for over 10 minutes. Finally, the girl chatting on the phone eventually checked me
Oct 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
Excellent experience with Dr Roy! He listens and asks thoughtful questions. He is personable and easy to talk to. He shows compassion and really cares! I recommend him to anyone who is frustrated with their sleep. He really does help.
Sep 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
I’ve been to every specialist you can think of trying to figure out what was going on with me and wanting to improve my quality of life. Dr. Roy involves me in my health and actually listened to what I had to say. He was companionate about what we both had to say and really showed he cared. I’m finally on the right track of getting better and being happier ! I am so thankful for him and his staff for helping me so much. You wouldn’t believe how much sleep can effect your everyday life. If you even think there’s a slight chance your sleep is affecting you or you just can’t quiet put your finger on what’s going on, give Dr. Roy a shot !!
Becky – Jul 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
Went by the office to make an appointment they said I needed my records. I signed a paper to release records. They were never sent. Then they called me for a consult visit no mention of records. Told them I did not want to use their office for lack of follow up and very disorganized. Then an hour later someone called and they said they had my records which was not true because my Doctor never sent them because they never received. This goes back to the disorganization. No thank you on ever going too this Doctor.
May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
Everything I visit Dr Roy’s office, I wait in the waiting room for at least an hour after my appointment time. If there was another pediatric sleep doctor in my area I would go there, just because of the lack of respect of patient time.
Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
Called for an appointment and was seen the next week. Office was busy but was able to see the doctor fairly quickly and they helped me understand what is going on with my sleep problem. Receptionist worked with my crazy schedule to arrange next steps. Felt they respected my situation and tried their best to help me. Overall very pleased with my experience and looking forward to some better nights sleep.
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
Doctor Roy goes above and beyond for his patients. I went to Dr Roy for a second opinion. No one could figure out why I was so tired all the time. I had a second sleep study. I found out I have narcolepsy. The other Drs I went to just put me on a bunch of different medicines that didn’t work. Dr Roy diagnosed me with narcolepsy. He prescribed me xyrem. It has been life changing for me. I’m so glad I went to Dr Roy for a second opinion.
Kim morton in Cullman , AL – Mar 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
I personally had an excellent experience with Dr Roy. I even recommended that my granddaughter see him for her sleep issues. He and his staff are very patient and will work with you to make sure your sleep issues are resolved.
Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
I couldn't ask for a better doctor and nurse. They actually paid attention to my complaints and cared. I finally am seeing the results of treatment even though I was reluctant at first! Dr. Roy is a godsend. No more struggling to stay awake at work or when I drive.
Galdrix in Madison, AL – Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
as a former employee I get to see the inside of how the Roy’s run their business. Dr Roy is the rudest, most narcissistic doctor I have ever met. he has a filthy mouth, is rude to patients but especially to staff. he cusses at his patients but more often at his employees, please find another sleep center. it is unbecoming of a doctor to act the way he does and we hear everything he has to say about everyone when they leave.
Huntsville, AL – Feb 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
Please try another sleep center. Office was not forthcoming in providing actual costs for treatment or equipment. They only showed me what the bill "could" be for my equipment before insurance but did not attempt to provide me with a realistic estimate of my cost after insurance. They didn't even offer that much information regarding number of tests & office visits (and associated costs) that would be required. Confusion on 3 occasions as to equipment status & requirements. Go somewhere else.
Jennifer Edwards in Huntsville, AL – Jan 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
Consistently get called back 25-35 minutes after my appointed time. Disorganized. Colossal waste of patients time.
Huntsville , AL – Jan 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
Could not get appointment by calling would be put on hold for long periods. Had to leave a message on the website to get an appointment when the office called I was given appointment in another city. Took 1.5 hours to get there due to traffic and his office couldn't give me directions but told me while being 10 minutes away that the doctor would not wait for me. I do not recommend this doctor
Nov 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
He told me that I didn't need sleep.
Oct 31, 2018
Rude disrespectful and very unknowledgeable waited 3 hours past apt
Huntsville resident in New market, AL – Oct 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
I didn't even get to see the doctor because I had already been devalued at the front desk... However, Dr. Roy, the blame for your office & staff are a direct reflection of you and your leadership. That is why I hold you accountable for the behaviors bestowed on my experience with your office. Dr. Roy is egotistical and clueless to customers and their value because he is self-absorbed as the "SPECIALIST" - Just ask his staff and Call-Center or see all the signs in his office. Devalued Customer
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Michael Huettel in Madison, AL – Jun 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
After my first appointment and first sleep study, my initial impression of the doctor and staff is positive. However, I have a HUGE problem with their online check-in service. It is time consuming, it starts texting me a full week in advance of my appointments every day AND sends daily emails. It forces online payment, pushes you to store your credit card online (like that is a safe practice), asks the SAME questions over and over. At the end of all of that you have ADVERTISEMENTS!!!!
May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Roy?

• Pediatrics