Dr. James Roy, MD

Sleep Medicine ·  Male · Age 46

Dr. Roy

Roy Sleep Medicine, Inc

4704 Whitesburg Dr SW Ste 201 Huntsville, AL 35802

Dr. James Roy, MD is a sleep medicine specialist in Huntsville, AL and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Eastern Virginia Medical School Of The Medical College Of Hampton Roads in 2002 and specializes in sleep medicine, internal medicine, and more.

At a glance

• Recent Reviews . Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Hospital satisfaction . Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Quiet hospital . Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. See hospitals

Dr. Roy accepts

Dr. Roy accepts the following insurance:

AARP
Prime
Standard
TriCare for Life
Tricare South

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Alabama

Check if Dr. Roy treats your condition or procedure

32.05128205128205%

Dr. Roy?
Dr. Roy's Performance
What People Say About Dr. James Roy, MD
The Medical Doctors in this office are okay but not great. They are definitely in the business to make money. They are eager to assign patients to a Nurse Practitioners unless you insist on a Medical doctor.. The office staff are not friendly or welcoming. They seem to be there only for the income and interacting with patients is just a necessity of their boring job. My last 2 visits to the office were very frustrating. My appointment last week was at 1:40 pm. I had completed the 100+ questioner in their office the prior visit when I had to wait an hour to see the Nurse Practitioner. The office has sent a link to complete additional questions online (I completed their forms before arriving). I arrived before my appointment time and stood waiting to check in while one staff seemed to be chatting with a friend and the other window had a client that was trying to straighten out something and stayed there for over 10 minutes. Finally, the girl chatting on the phone eventually checked me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
Excellent experience with Dr Roy! He listens and asks thoughtful questions. He is personable and easy to talk to. He shows compassion and really cares! I recommend him to anyone who is frustrated with their sleep. He really does help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
I’ve been to every specialist you can think of trying to figure out what was going on with me and wanting to improve my quality of life. Dr. Roy involves me in my health and actually listened to what I had to say. He was companionate about what we both had to say and really showed he cared. I’m finally on the right track of getting better and being happier ! I am so thankful for him and his staff for helping me so much. You wouldn’t believe how much sleep can effect your everyday life. If you even think there’s a slight chance your sleep is affecting you or you just can’t quiet put your finger on what’s going on, give Dr. Roy a shot !!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
Went by the office to make an appointment they said I needed my records. I signed a paper to release records. They were never sent. Then they called me for a consult visit no mention of records. Told them I did not want to use their office for lack of follow up and very disorganized. Then an hour later someone called and they said they had my records which was not true because my Doctor never sent them because they never received. This goes back to the disorganization. No thank you on ever going too this Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
Everything I visit Dr Roy’s office, I wait in the waiting room for at least an hour after my appointment time. If there was another pediatric sleep doctor in my area I would go there, just because of the lack of respect of patient time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
Called for an appointment and was seen the next week. Office was busy but was able to see the doctor fairly quickly and they helped me understand what is going on with my sleep problem. Receptionist worked with my crazy schedule to arrange next steps. Felt they respected my situation and tried their best to help me. Overall very pleased with my experience and looking forward to some better nights sleep.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
Doctor Roy goes above and beyond for his patients. I went to Dr Roy for a second opinion. No one could figure out why I was so tired all the time. I had a second sleep study. I found out I have narcolepsy. The other Drs I went to just put me on a bunch of different medicines that didn’t work. Dr Roy diagnosed me with narcolepsy. He prescribed me xyrem. It has been life changing for me. I’m so glad I went to Dr Roy for a second opinion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
I personally had an excellent experience with Dr Roy. I even recommended that my granddaughter see him for her sleep issues. He and his staff are very patient and will work with you to make sure your sleep issues are resolved.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
I couldn't ask for a better doctor and nurse. They actually paid attention to my complaints and cared. I finally am seeing the results of treatment even though I was reluctant at first! Dr. Roy is a godsend. No more struggling to stay awake at work or when I drive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?
as a former employee I get to see the inside of how the Roy’s run their business. Dr Roy is the rudest, most narcissistic doctor I have ever met. he has a filthy mouth, is rude to patients but especially to staff. he cusses at his patients but more often at his employees, please find another sleep center. it is unbecoming of a doctor to act the way he does and we hear everything he has to say about everyone when they leave.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Roy, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Roy?

• Sleep Medicine

Eastern Virginia Medical School Of The Medical College Of Hampton Roads
University Of Virginia
2006
2002

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Roy treats patients.

72% Patient experience rating, 3% higher than the national average