Dr. James Roy, MD

Dr. James Roy, MD

Internal Medicine  |
Dr. James Roy, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Huntsville, AL. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Roy is affiliated with Decatur Morgan - Parkway Campus, Crestwood Medical Center, Decatur Morgan Hospital and Huntsville Hospital.

4704 Whitesburg Dr SW Ste 201

Huntsville, AL 35802

Learn about Dr. Roy

Dr. Roy's Experience

Dr. Roy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

• Narcolepsy
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sleep-Walking
  • Snoring

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University Of Virginia
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2006
  • University Of Texas Medical Branch
  • Medical College Of Wisconsin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Roy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Roy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Roy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Roy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Roy to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Roy's Performance
Huntsville, AL |
Could not recommend anyone here due to office staff
in HUNTSVILLE |
First of all I would like to say thank you to Dr. James Roy, MD for diagnosing me with Sleep Apnea. For 55 whole years I have been trying to figure out what was wrong with me. I would wake up tired and groggy and never knew why I did not feel like getting up in the mornings. Sometimes I would oversleep in the mornings and never new why I would always be running late to work. now since I have a Bi-Pap machine to help me sleep life is much different. I have energy in the morning and want to get up
in New Market, AL |
I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. James Roy and his staff for those requiring expert treatment for sleep related issues and disorders. Dr. Roy is expertly credentialed and experienced treating a wide range of sleep disorders. He and his staff professionally deal with patients both young and ageing in a compassionate manner exercising superior bed-side manner and talent. In a short 30 day period Dr. Roy’s testing and treatment improved my quality of life by over 70% helping me rest and regain ener
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Roy and his staff were a very re-assuring presence. I felt at ease from the first time I met him until today's visit with Ms. Brenda Fretts who helped me set up my own C-PAP. I would HIGHLY recommend the wonderful people at Dr. Roy's office WITHOUT HESITATION.
in Alabama |
Dr. Roy is the most competent physician I have ever seen. I've suffered from sleep apnea and insomnia for years, and he was the first physician that actually helped me get a good nights sleep. His staff was extremely helpful and friendly and always able to help when I had a question.
Avon, NC |
Dr. Roy is a fantastic doc! He and his staff are friendly and they are always available when I have questions or issues. He got me treatment that I truly believe saved my life! There is nothing more valuable than good sleep and a great doctor who really cares!!!
Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Roy is an amazing doctor with a heart for his patients! We came to discuss my son's possible sleep problems, but within minutes he identified a much bigger picture that needed addressed. It was heartwarming to know that he saw my son as a whole person and didn't limit his care to the specific focus that we were referred for. I highly recommend Dr. Roy!
in Huntsville, AL |
One story from the Dr., another from staff. In my opinion, the confusion may be intentional. The staff can make decisions that are not what the Dr. said in person. The Dr. said the sleep test results were borderline and I could get a CPAP if I wanted. He never mentioned continuing the current medication treatment was tied to the purchase of the machine. Staff said no machine equals no treatment and no Dr. appointments. I can not trust this clinic, feels like a scam. Reporting this to State
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Roy was very knowledgeable about sleep disorders and took time out to explain to my family and I about all possible treatment options.
Huntsville, AL |
My visit here was like like visiting family. Everyone from the technician who conducted the sleep study to the lady who fitted my CPAP mask were all extremely friendly and patient with me. They made me feel extremely comfortable with the CPAP machine, answered every question that I had(and I had a lot of them), and when it was time to put on the CPAP for the night, it was no trouble at all. I would totally recommend anyone who has sleep problems to come here.
in Huntsville, AL |
Appointment times are a joke. Expect to wait at least an hour. They have to make an appointment for you to sign a piece of paper. The staff is inept and cannot follow faculty instructions. The doctor himself is great too bad his staff ruins the visit.
in Huntsville, AL |
I tried AL.sleep clinic,but hen Dr. Roy left so did the quality of service so I actually tracked him down and have been seeing him for over 8 years now . His advice has led me on the road to a healthier life, the cpap service and monitoring has improved my sleep quality and overall health, there has not been anyone more concerned with my health than Dr. Roy. He listens to me and makes treatments easy for me to understand. He is the best , hands down.
in Decatur, AL |
Dr. Roy and his staff have been outstanding to me. listens to every little problem or question I might have. They are very detailed with answers to my questions. i personally couldn't ask for a better experience. The medicine he put me on has been spot on.
New York, NY |
I think Dr. Roy is a compassionate person and caring doctor. I also think he is a bit of a used car salesman. He referred me for a sleep study. I turned out to have a relatively mild case of sleep apnea. He recommended a Cpap. I tried to wear it, but was unsuccessful. I've been sitting in a exam room, 60 minutes after my morning appointment time and still no doctor. I made an early morning appointment to beat the rush. I don't recommend him unless you have a severe case.
in Huntsville, AL |
Only saw dr Roy before and after sleep study. Then NPs or cpap techs. Only had cpap 2.5 wks. Had issue w/ cpap not returning to original setup. Talk to tech on phone. Was rude but said bring in next day. Looked at cpap and said it was fine, I didn't have access to change pressure. I insisted I did, she was rude, I was rude. Asked to see someone else. She told me she would talk to someone, then I'm told I'm being discharged fm practice. No option for me to talk to anyone else.
in Madison, AL |
Dr. Roy is extremely knowledgeable about sleep apnea and how to effectively treat it.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Roy and his staff have done a great job for me. They took the time to listen to my problems and provided a timely solution. I am now sleeping well and more importantly the dangerous symptoms have been eliminated. Brenda did an excellent job in explaining the different mask options and ultimately recommended a perfect match for my needs. MK has provided guidance in adjusting pressures to match my needs as well. Simply stated, this is sleep clinic that I would recommend any time.
in Huntsville, Alabama |
Seems more interested in profit margins than patient care. When Dr. LaGrand retired, he seemed to be the only sleep Doctor available. Call Huntsville Hospital Sleep Center and make an appointment with Dr. Serio instead. You'll be much happier.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Roy has been my physician for a while now. He has excellent bedside manner. Sometimes I am on hold for a long time, but he has a very busy practice and I get great care from him and his staff. And yes, sometimes I have to wait a while for my appointment, but I understand that he is a specialists and he is the best in town. If he takes 30 minutes with me, you bet the next person will get the same great care. I highly recommend using Dr. Roy.
in Madison, AL |
Excellent doctor and helpful staff. I felt like he spent time with me and explained what was going on with my sleep issues. He has friendly nurses and I was able to be seen when I needed. It always takes a little bit longer at a specialist's office but the care was worth it! I have seen other sleep doctors and my friends were not wrong when they told me he is the best.
Go to Alabama Sleep Center
in Huntsville, AL |
Office staff are surly, uncooperative, and now I'm waiting on hold right now for 7 minutes. Yesterday there were soooooo slow I fell asleep waiting for them to come back to the phone. Can't make an appointment for 10 without waiting more than a month to schedule it - really? Will find another Dr. to handle the issues. They are incompetent.
Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Roy is a fantastic doctor but his staff has been a nightmare to deal with. I no longer recommend him because of the problems I have had. I have had trouble scheduling appointments with him, getting refills and prior authorizations taken care of, and it has gotten to the point that I have gone to another doctor. It is disappointing because I really felt like he was a knowledgeable doctor, but the headaches caused by his staff are so disruptive to my life that I had no choice.
Have you seen Dr. James Roy, MD?
Are you Dr. Roy?