Dr. James Rose, MD

Dr. James Rose, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. James Rose, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Austin, TX and has been practicing for 42 years. He graduated from University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston and specializes in neurosurgery.

1601 Trinity St

Austin, TX 78712

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Rose

See how frequently Dr. Rose performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
Neuroplasty
high

Dr. Rose's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Rose "I have been in practice for over 4 years. I served in Vietnam during my residency as a flight surgeon. Back then it was not neurosurgery alone, we had to know all aspects of surgical medicine. I have a passion for teaching and passing on the knowledge I have acquired through all of these years. I serve patients for anything from traumas to elective, spinal decompressions and fusions but I really enjoy cerebrovascular surgery for AVMs, aneurysms and moyamoya disease."

• Neurosurgery

• University Tex Med Br
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1969
  • University Tex Med Br
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1976

Dr. Rose has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rose does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rose and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rose's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rose to family and friends

Dr. Rose's Performance

My experience with Dr. Rose has been great. He is very knowledge and addressed all my questions/concerns before and after my surgery. I travel from out of town to see him because he is so good. My only compliant would be his Medical Assistant, she is often rude and has no compassion for...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
7 years ago Dr Rose performed major surgery on my spine. I was driven 165 miles to Houston, TX from Pt. OConnor, Tx. because Dr. Rose was well known as the best. I'm now 82 years old, my back and general health is fantastic.I now live in Burleson, Tx., have created numerous stone flowerbeds, do...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Rose is the finest and best physician I have ever met, and at 69 that is quite a statement. He operated on three lumbar vertebrae. He instills confidence and I had no pain at all after the operation. He has a bedside manner that is extraordinary in calming and motivating the patient. I am...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Is not only brilliant but has the best bedside manner, I've ever seen, and I am in healthcare!
Are you Dr. Rose?