Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. James Ronzo, DO
Dr. Ronzo and his associate Dr. Bono have spent their careers innovating minimally invasive surgery. As a result, they have developed highly specialized skills found in only a select group of surgeons in the country and have moved the field forward. Both surgeons are passionate about training others in advanced minimally invasive techniques and have been tapped to train surgeons at annual sessions of the North American Spine Society. Dr. Ronzo earned his medical degree at Nova Southeastern University in South Florida, where he was taught a holistic approach to patient care. Following the completion of a residency program in orthopedic surgery in Michigan, Dr. Ronzo received advanced training in spine surgery by completing a fellowship at Tampa General Hospital. Dr. Ronzo is board certified in orthopedic surgery by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedics, a board recognized by the Florida Board of Medicine. He has an unblemished record with the medical licensing board.

4211 W Boy Scout Blvd Ste 400

Tampa, FL 33607

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Ronzo

BioSpine Institute is committed to providing an unparalleled patient experience. All patients are evaluated by Dr. Ronzo or his associate Dr. Bono.  The doctors remain involved in each patient's care until its completion. Dr. Ronzo customizes appropriate non-surgical and surgical treatment plans and prescribes surgery only when necessary.  BioSpine's state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center was designed to meet the specific needs of patients requiring spine surgery.  The center provides a comfortable setting with amenities for family and friends who accompany patients on the day of surgery.

Dedicated patient concierges guide new patients and surgical patients through the scheduling, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and recovery processes and manage details on their behalf.

BioSpine ensures that all patients understand the details of their treatment options and expected outcomes by providing personalized consultations supplemented with comprehensive patient education literature.

The practice is committed to transparency on financial issues and provides each patient with a benefits review so he or she knows the extent of any out-of-pocket expenses in advance.  Treatment rooms are included in the main clinical offices so patients can receive non-surgical services onsite.

Dr. Ronzo's Experience

Dr. Ronzo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Genesys Regional Medical Center
  • Tampa General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Ronzo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ronzo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ronzo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ronzo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ronzo to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Ronzo's Performance
in Tampa, FL |
Dr Ronzo and staff are great. From beginning to end! By far much better than 2 other groups I had been to. Quality and Care A+++++
in Tampa |
Very informative and direct. I appreciate his approach.
in Riverview, FL |
Very profesional and I feel confortable when he explain me the process. He's very nice person and help me a lot after 6 month with my pain.
Inverness, FL |
He's abrupt, arrogant, and has a non-existent bedside manner. He's condescending, and makes you feel stupid. I wasn't there because I imagined my symptoms, I had an MRI to prove it, but still he made me feel like there was nothing wrong with me. I don't understand how Biospine has such a reputation. My chiropractor recommended him, I told my chiropractor to stop referring people to him. Never again. In defense of the facility, the staff gets five stars, ,they were phenomena
Tampa, FL |
Dr. Ronzo explained everything in detail and did not pressure me into the procedure. He was very informative and compassionate about what he could do to get me out of pain. I had the procedure and it went great. Most of the pain is gone and anxious to see how I feel once I fully recover from the procedure.
in Wesley Chapel |
My experience with this organization and Dr. Ronzo has been nothing short of outstanding from day one. I found the entire staff to be very organized, friendly and professional. Dr. Ronzo took the time to explain what was wrong with my back at our first meeting and I immediately that I made the right choice in selecting Bio Spine and Dr. Ronzo for my surgery. I had a four level laminectomy and after a year of severe pain, I am happy to report that I am pain free SIX days after surgery. Thank U
in Bradenton, FL |
I recommend finding another surgeon. I had a very negative experience with Dr. Ronzo. My surgery was performed in January 2017. He was very good at selling his procedure and seemed very knowledgeable about what needed to be done stating "we don't want to give you a failed surgery". I was suppose to get a Laminectomy, Discectomy and have some osteophytes removed. I discovered post that he did not do the discectomy nor did he remove the osteophytes, all evident on my post MRI and X-rays
in St Petersburg, FL |
Had appointment with Dr Ronzo within one day. He was very thorough and professional. Explained my issues with me, his plan of treatment and how to proceed.
in bridgton me |
RONZO the magician
in Wesley Chapel |
My surgery was conducted by Dr. Ronzo, met with me to go into the details of the surgery. Again the MRI was discussed and ALL questions were answered. Even my daughters had the opportunity to ask (and they are 5 yrs old). Every single person that have been involved, have been emphatically kind and Professional. The surgery was performed and eyes pain is gone! Everything is going as expected and still in recovery with therapies recommended. Special thanks to ALL the Staff.
in Florida |
I enjoyed my experience with this office. I felt like Dr. Ronzo listened and care during about my issues. Will definitely recommend him to family and friends. Thank you!
I am very satisfied with the service and care I received at Bio Spine. I went in not knowing what to expect. Dr Ronzo explained my options and w chose to do the surgery. I had a herniated disc which was causing burning in my arm and my one finger was numb. The surgery would fuse dics 6 and 7. I was scheduled in no time. It went great. It is now 2 weeks and I just had my follow up visit. I have no burning in my arm. My finger is almost back to normal. I would recommend it to anyone.
in Tampa, FL |
For quite some time I have been experiencing lower back pain and thought no one would be able to help me and when I saw the huge billboards everywhere my dreams came true that my insurance was accepted and I was scheduled in no time. After my MRI's were complete Dr. Ronzo told me and my husband that I had a significant problem that needed surgery on my lumbar area and how BioSpine had their own surgery center that only did back surgeries. Wow what a first class surgery center! SUCCESS!!!
in Tampa, FL |
I was very scared to have cervical disc replacement surgery but looking back now I am so thankful to have been referred to Dr. Ronzo at BIOSPINE! Dr. Ronzo was so compassionate both before and after my surgery and most importantly is the outcome --- Dr. Ronzo made me feel like new and I now live without any cervical pain and better yet I am continuing to recover strength in my arm that was lost from my injury.Other physicians see my incision and comment that it is the work of a plastic surgeon
in Lakeland, FL |
Dr. Ronzo performed a laminectomy on me between L4-5 and L5-S1. I had been suffering from a lot of low back pain and numbness down my left leg and foot. The entire surgical process was very simple and I felt well informed and taken care of pre-, during and post-op. The surgery was successful but I have residual pain in my SI joints which is being treated with injections (also helpful). I used to hobble around like someone twice my age and now my life is almost back to normal.
in Zephyrhills, FL |
Dr. Ronzo....thank you so much for giving my father his life back. After 30 years delivering mail he could barely walk....and after consulting with many surgeons YOU were the only one that found a solution. After a 30 minute surgery, my father walks pain free....we cannot thank you enough! Loved your facility and staff.
in Inverness, FL |
He is a fantastic loving and caring specialist for his patients even those whom arrives with chronic screaming pain that can not be touched he is very patient with them. He sits he previews the ex rays that are taken from his staff before we see him he than goes over the ex rays he goes over and sits with you to hear you of the things you face and He will do His best to assist you, He is not only well known in Florida but as well In Jersey and other states, He has the most well loving staff.
Have you seen Dr. James Ronzo, DO?
Are you Dr. Ronzo?