Dr. James Romanowski II, MD

Dr. James Romanowski II, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMale

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. James Romanowski II, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Charlotte, NC and has over 19 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Romanowski II has extensive experience in Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery and Hand & Wrist Surgery. He graduated from West Virginia University medical school in 2003. He is affiliated with Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center, winner of the Joint Replacement Excellence Award. He is also affiliated with Novant Health Matthews Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Novant Health Orthopedics Sports Medicine Eastover

Novant Health Orthopedics Sports Medicine Eastover2826 Randolph Road Charlotte, NC 28211

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Romanowski II is affiliated with Novant Health Matthews Medical Center Matthews, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ See hospitals

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Novant Health

Dr. Romanowski II's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Romanowski II

4.4

Dr. Romanowski II

Dr Rowmanowski and his staff are the Best!! I had 2 knee surgeries joint replacements 8 months apart in 2018! I m riding bikes without pain & recovery was very quick . Im extremely grateful!!
Elizabeth Duncan – Apr 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
Top notch surgeon. I had arthroscopic shoulder surgery to correct some problems after a fall I had over a year ago. We took careful steps including a couple of cortisone shots a couple of months apart. Still had some pain and considerable weakness. So I opted for an MRI to determine the exact problems. Dr. Romanowski is very thorough. I appreciate his approach in working with me. Today is 5 weeks since my surgery. And I am doing great. Wish I had found him several months ago.
David G. – Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
I wish there were more stars! My background: I was married to an OR nurse for 28 years, and in that time I picked up a lot about how surgery works. They have a saying "The three A's... Ability, Affability, Availability...pick two" Well, Dr. Romanowski has all three! Heavy on the Ability. Looking at the pictures of my rotator cuff repair shows attention to detail and excellent workmanship. I managed to tear tendons loose and rip many muscles in my shoulder. Four days post-op and I am in less pain than I have been in more than a year. His techniques are minimally invasive and maximally effective. The staff at Matthews Surgery Center was very professional and efficient to boot. As soon as possible I plan to have him repair a Cubital Entrapment in my other arm. I have abused my body with hard work and a few mishaps and am not an easy person to please. This comes from the heart...Dr Romanowski is an excellent surgeon with excellent staff. The world needs more people like Dr. Romanowski!
Jack Powell – May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
My body reminded me I am not a teenager anymore after I injured my left shoulder. After PT treatments and cortisone shots reached a plateau in regaining strength and usage, Dr. Romanowski referred me for an MRI. The results revealed a full thickness tear of the 2 major tendons and a bicep tendon tear. Rotator cuff surgery was scheduled. Dr. Romanowski explained the procedure and set realistic expectations. Ahead of the surgery, friends told me how excruciatingly painful it would be. I was amazed at how my pain was minimal and manageable following the surgery and the 4 weeks in the sling. During my first PT visit for evaluation, I was amazed and so was the therapist at how much mobility I had. Friends told me my experience was the best they ever heard of. 6 months later, I am still healing yet am extremely grateful that Dr. Romanowski was my doctor. I truly appreciate his demeanor and candor that augment his excellent surgical skills. I highly recommend Dr. Romanowski!
Steven – Feb 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
I had surgery on my left shoulder in December 2019 by Dr James Romanowski. He is a very excellent doctor. He is concerned about his patients and their well-being and their concerns. He listens to you and explains all of your medical conditions that you have. He is very polite and he really took care of me while he did surgery on my shoulder. The outcome of my surgery that he performed was very good. I thank him so much for being my doctor. I would recommend him to anybody.
Carolyn Haynes – Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
I needed rotator cuff repair, my bicep tendon was also completely torn in two. I spoke with several doctors about my shoulder, all of them told me it’s not possible to reattach the torn bicep tendon. I also researched the topic and most surgeons don’t even attempt to repair it. After doing my due diligence I picked Dr Romanowski. He proved the skeptics wrong and was able to reattach the torn bicep tendon, which is virtually unheard of! He also discovered a bone spur that did not show up on the MRI and fixed it as well. It is now 6 weeks afterwards and I have full range of motion and no pain. There is nothing I can’t do with my shoulder. He is an amazing surgeon and a really nice guy. I highly recommend him!!
Rob B – Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
I am a retired US Army Officer, Vietnam veteran. I have had surgeries all over the world. The last 4 years I have had the honor of being treated by Dr Romanowski , an outstanding surgeon, and a very caring physician. I would without any exceptions recommend Dr Romanowksi for anyone in need of orthopedic care.
Chief Warrant Officer 4 John J. MacCormack US Army – Jan 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
I will always recommend Dr Rowmanowski!!
Betty D – Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
Dr Romanowski's approach to my right side frozen shoulder was excellent. He asked me how aggressive do you want to be? This is after I had a frozen shoulder on the left side. He did not treat or see me for my frozen shoulder on my left side. I said, aggressive. He explained his approach, I considered it and agreed to surgery. The surgery went excellently. At 10 days post surgery, I went to see him as planned. The improvement after 10 days was great. Today, 6 weeks post surgery, progress is continuing. The process is exactly as he described and planned. He prescribed PT which is contributing to my success. It all began with his surgery which was flawless. He is personable, focused on my recovery and progress, reasonable, across the board my interest is his concern. I recommend him highly.
Gregory Ash – Nov 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
Dr Romanowski was arrogant and rude toward me. I felt like I was wasting his time. I left there more depressed and stressed before I got there. I would give him zero stars if I could. I would never ever recommend him to family or friends.
Brenda Lee Meade Laughter – Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
Dr. Romanowski has a great bedside manner and explains things so that you understand where you are and what you need.
Sep 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
Well I probably won’t have enough room to write everything but I would never ever recommend this doctor. He was rude he seemed to be very impatient like he didn’t care. Finally I told him I want surgery to fix my ACL and my meniscus. They scheduled me about 4 months out. I had already had surgery on my other knee and it was the same thing. Then I was not going to wait that long. Well I pissed the scheduler off and in my opinion she postponed my surgery. They pushed it till June 12. Now mind you I hurt my knee February 1st. That’s over 6 months on crutches not including recovery time. I called my regular doctor and raised cain and I had a new doctor in 2 days. Which should have been done way before it got to that point. And dr. Romanowsky should have referred me to another doctor. Then I called to cancel surgery well my husband did because I didn’t want to talk to the hateful lady. They never even verified it through me seriously!! So anyone can call and cancel someone’s surgery!!
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Bella in Charlotte, NC – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
Dr Romanowski has treated me for right elbow and right knee. He has done surgery on both and he is the only surgeon that I trust to do these type of operations. He tries all options before he decides to operate, and when he does operate he tries the least before moving into the worst options. I respect and admire him for the way that he has treated myself as well as the rest of my family. With that I will also add that he is a pleasure to deal with.
Larry Love in Monroe, NC – Feb 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
I'll never go to this doctor again. He's non-communicative and shows no emotion or interest in his patient. I can't understand why he is employed by Perry and Cook or by anyone.
Linda Dobson in Charlotte, NC – Dec 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
Dr Romanowski is an outstanding physician. From the very first visit, he took the time to really listen to my concerns. Ultimately, my left shoulder required surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff. I followed the rehabilitation that he prescribed and, today, I have complete function of my shoulder. It is important to note that I was 66 years old at the time of surgery, the injury occurred many years ago and it was a complete tear. The outcome was remarkable.
Rich Shaeffer in Charlotte, NC – May 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
I have seen Dr. Romanowski several times for knee related problems. He is very thorough as is his staff. They are also very pleasant. I have referred him to other people I know.
Helen M. Lemke in Monroe – Jan 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
Dr. R replaced both of my knees, approximately 8 months apart. He exhausted all treatment methods prior to surgery. I was 69 at the time & back at work in 5 wks. He is a strong advocate of avoiding opoids, which DO result in a quicker, more positive recovery. Also a stickler about post-surgical PT diligence. I recommend him to everyone who asks "who did your knees" upon seeing my very "neat" scars! Skilled, attentive, professional, caring: Dr. Romanowski is all of these!
J. Byers in Charlotte, NC – Aug 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
Both of my femurs broke in 2015. Dr. Romanowski operated on both femurs and put rods in them. He is a great doctor. My legs are prefect today because of him. He also gives me gel shots in both knees. They feel great. No more pain. He is so personal. He is not the kind of doctor that rushes you out of his office. He listens to everything you have to say and is always so kind and patient. I would recommend him to anybody that wants a doctor that knows how to treat you. Thanks so much
Margie Israel in Matthews, NC – May 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
I had an excellent experience. He took the time to review my outside records and give a second opinion regarding my shoulder injury. Would have no problem seeing again.
Charleston, SC – May 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?
I think Dr. Romanowski is a good doctor but you may not get the help you need because he does NOT spend enough time listening or talking with his patients. He tries to be in and out the door in under 15 minutes and always has one foot"out the door" when he's with you. Have not been able to get the time or attention I need for a knee/leg injury.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
Hickory – May 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Romanowski II, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Romanowski II?